Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what's the new Game Pack?

Comments

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Alpha Quadrant, Delta Quadrant,
    The 5th Dimension & Capica Worlds.
    what is this?

Alpha & Delta Quadrant to me are Star Trek references but that's the Trekkie in me. ;)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    My guess now is that it's something to do with supernatural creatures.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I don't wanna be too unrealistic, and honestly this is not even something I ever asked for, but do you think maybe the next GP could be high school-related?

-It's something that has never been done before (major first)
    -They didn't add teens in the last survey, which could mean they're already working on them
    -They added some minor school options in the last survey (cheerleading if I remember correctly), which could mean they're working on this pack and just want some feedback on what they should prioritize.

Honestly, knowing how boring active classes were in TS3, I don't mind at all schools being rabbit holes. On the other hand, I would die for some teen content.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    K-Pop is very popular amongst teenage girls right now so maybe a girl group, boy group pack? We already have a fame system and we know EA loves recycling.
  • Options
    @Wallsisms4ever maybe. But considering "American High School" as a whole was one of the options on the April survey, I doubt it's going to be this GP. Unless they already have several packs close to finishing and wanted to know which one to push forward on, a high school pack won't happen for a while.

The pack is coming out in (now) under 6 months, it's probably too late for a decision on direction.
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member

Alpha Quadrant, Delta Quadrant,
    The 5th Dimension & Capica Worlds.
    what is this?

Alpha & Delta Quadrant to me are Star Trek references but that's the Trekkie in me. ;)

ahh thanks... yeah i only ever watched one of those, i am a Star Wars girl instead...
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    If we're getting Heavy Metal music, maybe it's a music pack? Our Get Famous EP gives us stage careers like acting but also as a comedian, and base-game allows you to sing and play a limited amount of music - you can become famous for almost anything now - but ultimately the musical aspect of Sims 4 is quite limited. We could use more instruments with different sounds.

I'd love to put together a band and make money from that too. Without Get Famous you earn lots of Tips, with it you get to be a superstar (and if you like Fame, you probably already own Get Famous).
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yup, you guessed it.
    Both the Alpha & Delta Quadrants were from Star Trek: Voyager.
    Capica is from the Original 1978 version of Battlestar Galactica.

I've always been a sci-fi geek since I first saw the Original 1977 Star Wars: A New Hope to the point that I wanted to be Princess Leia when I grew up. Lol
  • Options
    Yup, you guessed it.
    Both the Alpha & Delta Quadrants were from Star Trek: Voyager.
    Capica is from the Original 1978 version of Battlestar Galactica.

I've always been a sci-fi geek since I first saw the Original 1977 Star Wars: A New Hope to the point that I wanted to be Princess Leia when I grew up. Lol

And on that note, I would LOVE a Trek-inspired Sci-Fi pack in the game. It's one of the things that keeps tempting me toward using CC.

I mean, in general a futuristic pack would be fun but if it had Trek ties? Sold, no questions asked :D
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I have no idea at this point. A major first seems kind of scary and exciting. Although I like that they may make something new that I could possibly love I wish they would release something for family gameplay. Last year we didn't get anything and this year we may only get the knitting pack and I wouldn't necessarily call that family play but it's the closest thing to it so far. One thing I am looking forward to is the free patches this year. I hope they add wants and fears, updated family/friend relationships, and different personality traits to make my sims feel more unique
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    I can't even think of something they have never done before. Time Travel is in TS3. Farming is in TS3's store. So, strike those type of packs I guess. They said a major first for them..well, then it won't be any sort of multiplayer because we had TSO and Simport..so strike that. It won't be any type of editing of world or hoods..been done in TS1, TS2 and TS3. It won't be any sort of pets, any sort of occults, any sort of modern techno for Sims, so what does it leave that would be a major first for them as a franchise.........

It's too scary to think about as a GP.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    We did have farming somewhat in #3 but didn't have very good interaction with the animals.
    It would be new to have real interactions with cows, chickens etc.
    And that they worked like the horses etc do. Except for the strays that is. :o
    Although my uncles dairy cattle were always getting out and cruising the neighbourhood. And we had a couple of pigs that did a walkabout....right to my neighbours newly put in flower beds. Siggh Thank goodness my brother was her landscaper.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    If it's "a major first", I expect a pack for millennials: K-pop bands, reality shows, music festival... Or maybe fashion oriented?
    I think music could be the theme because it's such a common hobby and it has been put aside for now.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I guess the question is - is it a major first on theme, gameplay or both? (Or some other technical element) Because if it's only new theme or only new gameplay, someone's going to get their keyboard in a twist about it not actually being new (though I'd guess less if it's new gameplay on an old theme.)

I mean, in a perfect world, it will be both. But it might be best to not get the hopes up too high.
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I guess the question is - is it a major first on theme, gameplay or both? (Or some other technical element) Because if it's only new theme or only new gameplay, someone's going to get their keyboard in a twist about it not actually being new (though I'd guess less if it's new gameplay on an old theme.)

I mean, in a perfect world, it will be both. But it might be best to not get the hopes up too high.

they will likely get their panties in a twist no matter what because someone will not get something they want, and it wont be done how they want it, and before they see anything but the title they will already write hate posts and similar... just saying... someone always have their panties in a twist
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I will be very surprised if it's not a vacation pack, because we seem due for one. Too close after witches for another occult.

I really like the ren faire idea and it goes with one of the future cube clues. But I don't know if it would be a popular enough theme. If we were voting what we wanted that would get my vote.

My guess is a vacation in the tradition of Jungle Adventure. Safari, Outback, Egyptian tombs... something. But I am usually wrong.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    I’m not sure if this would be considered “new” but I can see a teen/high school game pack coming. If cars aren’t added with EL the this would be the perfect pack to add them (free patch). There could be prom, driving test, and a bunch of new school activities and stuff...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    If it's "a major first", I expect a pack for millennials: K-pop bands, reality shows, music festival... Or maybe fashion oriented?
    I think music could be the theme because it's such a common hobby and it has been put aside for now.

Fashion catwalks in H&M in TS2. Bands and festivals in TS2 and TS3 (TS3 having the performance festivals). Bands have been done no matter the type of music. Oh, and actual catwalk with director etc. in TS1.

Major first as franchise has to mean some weird technology I think. I really can't think of anything they haven't attempted in gameplay in the last twenty years either by a stuff pack, EP or store item. The only thing I can think of is letting players sell their own custom content to other players in the game. That's something EA has been exploring for all games, so maybe it's something weird like that.

And if it should be that school pack people are talking about lately, then that's just borrowing the boring Zerbu's school mod and like six years too late in my opinion. More tasks to check off a list. ETA: Not saying Zerbu didn't do an excellent job with it, because it was a good mod that actually worked. However, after a time or two I removed it as it became boring to me.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2020
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    We did have farming somewhat in #3 but didn't have very good interaction with the animals.
    It would be new to have real interactions with cows, chickens etc.
    And that they worked like the horses etc do. Except for the strays that is. :o
    Although my uncles dairy cattle were always getting out and cruising the neighbourhood. And we had a couple of pigs that did a walkabout....right to my neighbours newly put in flower beds. Siggh Thank goodness my brother was her landscaper.

I think if Farming is only going to be a GP, there is no way it will work like that with real animals moving around like horses did in TS3 etc

It will probably be buildings (stables as rabbit holes to place on your lot) and Sims vanish in them while "caring" for the animals and come out 3 sim hours later retrieving milk, eggs and wool and such things in their inventory. This is how I expect it to work. And this would suck...

Farming needs to be an EP to work with real animals the way you describe it.
  • Options
    futurevet201futurevet201 Posts: 59 Member
    I have a feeling that it is a GP around the teen life state as teens were missing from the list of life states in the survey to choose for revamping. Total guess but who knows at this point.
    I did a push-up today!
    Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
    I need some chocolate.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    what new Gamepack will need more info or know more since its hard to decide if its worth buying with out much info at the moment
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited May 2020
    After the reveal of "Eco Lifestyle" a "major first" worries me a lot. Maybe I have grown out of this franchise... Oh man, I can remember looking forward to the EP box in TS2 and opening it to find a flyer with the announcement of the next EP (six months in advance!) and it was an interesting topic - always!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I really hope so!! They need a proper school at least. Also Slumber parties. Sneaking out. Throwing unauthorized parties. Being able to do stuff like get a piercing or dye their hair (possibly to annoy their parents).
    I’d also like to follow them to school.
    I have a feeling that it is a GP around the teen life state as teens were missing from the list of life states in the survey to choose for revamping. Total guess but who knows at this point.

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    But a future pack wouldn’t be new, there was one in TS3.

What could be new would be, yes, theme parks, farming (though I’d rather have it as an EP), a teenage high school GP like the survey was talking about, a winter vacation GP too. I hope it has something for teens, but I’d like winter vacation too.
    But if u look the road map they released before rco lifestyle pack you can now see that it kinda hinted that pack. Theres a guy whit a t shirt that has earth/eco logo and yells at microphone and a guy who has a spider in his arm. It kinda reminds me of eco living now. So there is also a lot of animal prints , cats, vet and a owl from real of magic. Could that hint for something? Idk.

https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/amp/news/the-sims-4-2020-plans

I'd be really shock if the GP is another Pack on being Green. The GP is supposed to be something that hasn't been done before in TS4. Prehaps it's Themeparks or a Future Pack or even a Space Pack.

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    If it was something like height sliders or gradual ageing or something they'd do it as a free patch, otherwise all our shared content wouldn't be compatible.