Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle: Are you buying?

12346...Next

Comments

• SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I'll buy it just to have another neighborhood to build in and then I will toggle off the pollution.

I want a SPORTS/GAMES EP -- So we have a LOT more activities to do as a Family & Groups!

POOLTABLE FTW!
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
  • Stylish_SimmerStylish_Simmer Posts: 26 Member
    Maybe
    I will have to wait and watch a review for it. I honestly would have much rather preferred Country Livin' over pollution or Eco Lifestyle.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    edited May 2020
    No
    Based on what I've SEEN from the trailer, absolutely not. With every other expansion pack's trailer, I could find at least one thing to like in it. With Eco Living, there is not one single thing that I like, or in any way interests me. I'll take a look at somebody's review, like LGR, to see if there really is nothing I like, but I'm 98% sure that It's a definite no. If it happens to go on sale for less than $20, I will consider it. But, it's not, so I won't.

It's sad honestly. I'm a completionist, and I got every single pack usually no matter what (ex: MFPS, Vampires, Cat's and Dogs), but this pack snapped me out of that mindset, and made me realize that I will not waste my money on, pretty much half made garbage.
    Proud simmer
  • SIMileyFaceSIMileyFace Posts: 49 Member
    Yes
    I feel like opinions are pretty split for this pack. I personally fall into the group that thinks it looks pretty interesting to play. Of course my opinion could change once more information about it is available, but at the moment I am pretty sure I will be getting the pack.
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    Maybe
    Probably, eventually. I'm always kinda slow and buy packs a couple years after they came out lol. Outdoor Retreat and Island Living are next on my list to get.
    I think the concept is pretty nice. I'll watch some LPs to see how it plays out though. I also don't have Island Living and Tiny Living yet and I kinda want to make a tiny off-the-grid type of house, but I feel like I'll have to buy all three to actually get that to happen and I'm not so happy about that.
  • pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    Yes
    I am interested in this pack and I'm patiently waiting for the livestream so I can see more. I will buy it on sale though as I usually do with all packs.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Yes
    Yes, though I'll probably wait for a sale. Given how frequent sales are I'm happy to wait, or do a bundle maybe (though the only game pack I don't have is vampires and I'm not sure if I want it). I've not fully explored all the packs I already own, so I'm not desperate for new content either.

Eco Lifestyle looks fun and the fact that pollution and community lots being in all worlds makes it feel like it's worth the title of expansion pack (unlike Island Living...) so I know I'll get it some day :). I just haven't paid full price for any pack ever (bundles are the most I pay generally) and see no reason to break that streak.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    People: "Somebody made a fake leak about a farming expansion and I put my heart and soul into it! Now I'm mad at the Devs!"

I never buy in the first week, but I'm gonna wait for the livestream until I can know for sure, but I'm pretty sure.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Yes
    EL has some things that I wanted in a farming pack (canning, nectar making, etc.) so I‘ll be buying it. I might waiting for a sale though.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Yes
    xMyrthe wrote: »
    Probably, eventually. I'm always kinda slow and buy packs a couple years after they came out lol. Outdoor Retreat and Island Living are next on my list to get.
    I think the concept is pretty nice. I'll watch some LPs to see how it plays out though. I also don't have Island Living and Tiny Living yet and I kinda want to make a tiny off-the-grid type of house, but I feel like I'll have to buy all three to actually get that to happen and I'm not so happy about that.

The off-the-grid lot trait was actually patched in right before IL was released, so you don't need IL for that. As for making a tiny house you don't really need TL to do that either, unless you really want a death machine murphy bed or the tiny lot traits. And with the free ladder update, making a tiny house will soon be even easier.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    xMyrthe wrote: »

The off-the-grid lot trait was actually patched in right before IL was released, so you don't need IL for that. As for making a tiny house you don't really need TL to do that either, unless you really want a death machine murphy bed or the tiny lot traits. And with the free ladder update, making a tiny house will soon be even easier.

There is no tiny lot trait. It's a new residential lot subtype that gives sims extra boosts, depending on how tiny a house is.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I will definitely be buying it, although there's a good chance I will wait for a sale. Partly because of the expense, partly because there are always major bugs immediately after a release, and by the time fixes roll out, there's usually a sale. But if there are no bugs or they get fixed quickly, I might even pay full price.

I've read both the complaints and praise threads, and I have to say, I don't fully identify with either. I think there's a ton of toxicity in the complaints thread, but also some valid points. I lean toward the praise thread, as there are a lot of individual items and features that I'm looking forward to. Like many people, I'm particularly excited about solar panels, wind turbine, candle making, and (probably?) canning. I can see using the community lot in multiple worlds, and I'm curious to see what other features/aspects haven't been fully described yet.

Overall, I'm happy and I want this, but it's not exactly the pack I would have designed. Which is fine... some of the things I don't like or I'm not particularly excited about are things that other people do like or want, and there's enough here to keep me happy. I can work around the rest. (I.e., I have mixed feelings about the world, and I'm not a big fan of the CAS style in this pack. But I'm sure I will find a few things I like, and the rest I just won't use.)

I do still hope we get something more like a traditional farm pack down the road, mostly because I would like a larger, more expansive, rural type world. (Although not necessarily full of huge 60x60 lots, just plenty of 30x40, 40x40, and maybe 50x40.) And of course I would like chickens, cows, and yes, even horses if feasible. But I'm perfectly willing to wait for all that. I'm quite content with this pack coming first, as long as it's not instead of a farming pack.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Yes
    This is the first expansion pack I’ve really been excited for and the first pack since Realm of Magic that I really am excited to buy. I’m trying to remain only cautiously optimistic since I found ROM to not live up to my hype but every pack I didn’t hype up I enjoyed. I really like that every world can be polluted but I want to know how the controls work a bit more. Like for example can I keep San Myshuno polluted but clean up Willow Creek? And I want to see more of the BB objects in action. I can’t wait for the stream later.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    at the current knowledge level: no

but if there is things that i didnt see in trailer that i deem useful : yes with sale
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    Yes
    Simmingal wrote: »
    at the current knowledge level: no

but if there is things that i didnt see in trailer that i deem useful : yes with sale

I'll count that as a maybe. 😄
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Yes
    I think it'll benefit greatly my re-starting BACC save. Lots of crafting, community involvement, Civil Designer career - all of these fits into Build a City Challenge perfectly imo. I'm still afraid to be excited and awaiting for gameplay trailer/stream for more details and further planing, but I'm buying it.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Maybe
    As soon as they confirmed pollution affects existing worlds I changed my mind to yes ! Willow Creek is still my favourite world to play I can’t wait to make it dirty ! And clean it up again :)