Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle: Are you buying?

Comments

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Maybe
    Upon hearing Guru confirming that pollution will affect other worlds I will change my vote to hell yes !!
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Yes
    I'll wait for the Origin sale.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    No
    You know I might actually consider it depending on the pollution effect it has on the other worlds. I haven't played in months, but this might make things a bit interesting. Not completely sold yet.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Maybe
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Upon hearing Guru confirming that pollution will affect other worlds I will change my vote to hell yes !!

I'm feeling a bit of this. Still want to wait and see what the options are to tailor it each world (hopefully).
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    I'm changing yes but i'll wait to bundle it/for a sale, to yes im pre-ordering.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No
    No, as I said in another thread (main) it's been done to death with 2 eps, and 3 stuff packs..enough. And scattered careers etc. How many does it take to milk the public? Another eco friendly pack...yawn.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    No
    Based on the trailer, definitely not.
    I haven't really seen anything that interests me apart from the world.

The leaks around a farming ep didn't impact my feelings on this pack at all. I even would rather have an eco pack than farming, but I feel like there were some missed opportunities (unless they can prove me wrong on the livestream) when it comes to living an eco lifestyle.

I'm by no means an expert on this matter, but some new and innovative things that I had liked to see were co-housing and a market place where people sell their crops and innovative products like electric bikes etc.

From what I've seen so far I can't justify spending 40 euros on this pack, maybe half of that price, but that even is a big "if".

So far the Sims 4 hasn't really impressed me at all, which sucks because I want to se the franchise thrive. There are only a few packs I didn't regret buying at full price because the iteration of the game feels very half baked to me. Still I have fun from time to time.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Maybe
    I say maybe even though I am not an per say fan of the pack, I have no intentions on paying full price for the pack and may get it at an reduced price. Being it is not an burning issue I can wait as I have other games that are coming out or the new ones I have brought that requires my attention.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    No
    Definitely not buying at full price.

They'd have to pull a miracle on the livestream to even justify the €40,00 price tag imo.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'm mainly buying it for te build and cas items.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Yes. Evergreen Harbor alone is worth the sticker price to me. I see a lot in addition to be excited about, so much so that I am tempted to break my cardinal rule, which is that I don't pre-order. This pack isn't in my usual line but it's just the sort of "something different" I look for.

I honestly never thought I'd be this excited for an Eco pack. I'm tempted to preorder also. The world captured my heart first but I'm learning about so many other goodies included🤭🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yes
    jimbbq wrote: »

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes
    Lots of people have changed their minds. This poll is no longer viable.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    Yes
    Based on the trailer, definitely not.

I'm by no means an expert on this matter, but some new and innovative things that I had liked to see were co-housing and a market place where people sell their crops and innovative products like electric bikes etc.

Those things are potentially in it. There's an online market place and what looks like a community selling space as well as electric bikes or scooters and there are new harvestables. I think waiting to see what comes out is a good idea as a small trailer isn't enough info.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Yes
    Loanet wrote: »
    Lots of people have changed their minds. This poll is no longer viable.

True. We'll have to have another after the livestream.
  • Options
    summermistx3summermistx3 Posts: 1,537 Member
    Oh yeah I’ll definitely buy it whenever I can catch it dirt cheap (>50% discount).
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited May 2020
    No
    Nope.
    Don't care for the theme (we've already had an environmentalist EP, this time last year)
    Don't care for the gameplay (building community gardens seems pointless when every neighborhood in every world ALREADY HAS a community garden)
    Don't care for the objects (giant worms with reused animations and... a wall of meat. So exciting!)
    Don't care for the CAS (didn't they already do Hobo-Chic in Realm of Magic?)

I bought Tiny Living only because I was starved of content and thought it might be fun, but I have zero interest in building a tiny home. I'm not making the same mistake twice.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    No
    > @GwennogJones said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Those things are potentially in it. There's an online market place and what looks like a community selling space as well as electric bikes or scooters and there are new harvestables. I think waiting to see what comes out is a good idea as a small trailer isn't enough info.

I'm not holding my breath on it.

I will be keeping an open mind, but based on the trailer and blogpost I would still say "no". They didn't show much, yet usually trailers show off the biggest assets of a pack.

If the livestream happens to include a lot more content than what was seen in the trailer and has some new features like a new lot type for markets or the ability to participate in co-housing (very unlikely based on the sizes of the homes). Also the affect of pollution on other worlds will be an important factor as well. How far are they going with it? Is it just polluted air or did they go as far as making a polluted version of each world?
  • Options
    No
    I forgot to end a sentence, lol

Can't edit it so I'll have to do it like this

"If ... I might end up buying it, but I'll probably wait on a discount."
  • Options
    GwennogJonesGwennogJones Posts: 79 Member
    Yes
    > @GwennogJones said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Those things are potentially in it. There's an online market place and what looks like a community selling space as well as electric bikes or scooters and there are new harvestables. I think waiting to see what comes out is a good idea as a small trailer isn't enough info.

I'm not holding my breath on it.

I will be keeping an open mind, but based on the trailer and blogpost I would still say "no". They didn't show much, yet usually trailers show off the biggest assets of a pack.

If the livestream happens to include a lot more content than what was seen in the trailer and has some new features like a new lot type for markets or the ability to participate in co-housing (very unlikely based on the sizes of the homes). Also the affect of pollution on other worlds will be an important factor as well. How far are they going with it? Is it just polluted air or did they go as far as making a polluted version of each world?

Yes they've made the community lot available for each world. The pollution will happen in all worlds expect destination worlds and strangerville. You can toggle the pollution off. The cause of pollution is living a 'non eco-lifestyle'.
    This is from the SimGuru's Twitter, which I believe there's a thread for it here if you were interested. But yeah, I'm waiting for more info too from the gameplay!
  • Options
    No
    @GwennogJones

Thanks, I did hear about pollution having an effect on the other worlds, but we don't know to what extent, right? We have an idea what Evergreen Harbor will look like both polluted and clean, but will the other worlds go in such detail as well?

I'm just being cynical because so far, most packs have been a massive disappointment in my opinion.

So now I keep my expectations really low. Maybe they could pleasantly surprise me for once?
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Yes
    Yes but I'll definitely wait for the next SP and GP so I can bundle
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Maybe
    I am a maybe leaning towards no at the moment. I really need to know more about how this is going to work with other worlds. I read somewhere there will a toggle but I need to know how that is going to work. I don't like the idea that every world is going to be polluted unless my sim follows a set story line like in Strangerville. So, I need to see more. Right now, I am playing other games so I might pass on this pack until a sale comes out depending on what I see in reviews and game play.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    No
    No, but I'm hoping that this is a hint that The Sims 5 may feature worlds which are more impacted by player actions. Maybe this combined with the opportunity system from The Sims 3, or something of the effect.

I would have purchased it if the pack were to be focused on changing the world in many different ways aside from pollution. To me, this pack is equivalent to if Maxis released Ambitions or Get to Work with only ONE interactive career. Expansions should be... expansive. This doesn't feel like it.

Then there's that "meat" carving station which made me sick to watch... :sweat:
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Maybe
    I voted Maybe, but I really mean Yes. I plan to make a purchase, it just may not be straightaway because right now, that's a lot of cash for me. It wouldn't matter what the pack was, either. Though even for packs I'm not immediately drawn to, I acquire them sooner or later because there's always enough stuff to make it worthwhile, which is why my answer should've been Yes! I may just have to wait for a sale or consider unsubbing from Final Fantasy XIV for a month to buy this.