This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Maxis, Eco-Living Is A Missed Opportunity

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,556 Member
    edited May 2020
    I could see getting arrested for littering. First a warning, then a ticket, and finally 30 days in the slammer. 👮‍♀️
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I could see getting arrested for littering. First a warning, then a ticket, and finally 30 days in the slammer. 👮‍♀️
    That would be fun then having to do community service. It was always funny people driving by watching my classmates and I clean trash thinking we were the bad kids. It is like no we volunteered for this.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2020
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @Sk8terblaze It was an honest mistake, and I make very few of even these when it comes to the English language. There is no need to talk down to me like that. I already knew both sayings, but I just got out of bed. It's not worse than getting them mixed up in my native language. Heck, my husband does that all the time.

And that’s fine, but you sat here, talked down to me twice, first accusing me of complaining and then doing something that you had no idea what the meaning truly was. That’s pretty disrespectful and rude in itself, especially when all I’m doing is sharing ideas/feedback for a series I’ve paid for. That’s really all I have left to say to you and hope you don’t continue to derail my thread with accusations and victimizing yourself when it doesn’t work.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited May 2020
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough in my post.

A big component of this pack is change. If you scroll up the forums and view the announcement, it says:

"Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!"

Yet, the only form of change we see in it is taking a new world, one which is heavily polluted, and reforming it into an eco-friendly town. There is no option to do anything else with the world, or any existing worlds. It's also very linear, appealing to only certain Sims of certain personalities. What if I have a klepto, evil Sim? What new gameplay would he get that would make sense for his personality type?

But the point of the pack is change in the environment, as in the climate. I mean, I get what you're saying about other forms of change and all of that. But when the pack is very obviously geared towards change of the climate, I really don't see how that could expand to all the other features you said.

I think those ideas are interesting and would definitely be fascinating to run with; I think they'd be fun concepts to work with. I just don't quite see how, or why, they could fit under the umbrella of Eco Lifestyle.

Oh, yes, it definitely doesn’t fit in the umbrella of eco lifestyle, but what I was trying to get at in my thread is that I feel Maxis did a great thing by focusing on Sims changing the worlds around them, but stopped too early at the concept that it should only be environmental in one whole expansion pack. I hope, if there is going to be a game succeeding The Sims 4, a pack like this would be way more varied, with some of those ideas I listed.

I do think that a lot of people are disliking the pack because of how limited its scope is, too.

Ugh, yes, I would love to see stuff like that! Somebody prior in this thread mentioned how we already have police officers, but let’s be honest, they really don’t shape the world in a meaningful way. Everything is scripted and fake for 8 hours before they go home. It would be so awesome if the things they did at work actually had an impact on their world, and if they had more abilities like the one you mentioned.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,378 Member
    Well, we now know that pollution will affect all worlds (though how is still waiting for the Livestream.)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited May 2020
    Actually, it does have pollution in all worlds. SimGuruFrost confirmed it.

Edit: I do want to thank you for being critical while also being very respectful. I've seen too big of a lack of that with this pack, and it makes me very disappointed in this community for being so entitled.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,178 Member
    edited May 2020

They don't say other worlds will have pollution per se, they are saying it will affect them somehow, which makes me wonder how much it affects them by the end.

We'll have to wait and see I guess...
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Omri147 wrote: »

They don't say other worlds will have pollution per se, they are saying it will affect them somehow, which makes me wonder how much it affects them by the end.

We'll have to wait and see I guess...

Well I hope so...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    'affect' could just be having higher bills or something minor like that, I'm just finding their wording odd, I hope I'm wrong though.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    'affect' could just be having higher bills or something minor like that, I'm just finding their wording odd, I hope I'm wrong though.

Frost also explained that the pack won't affect Strangerville (which already has its own ecosystem, even if only before solving the mystery) due to too many 'world layers' (base state without Seasons, pre-mystery environment, Seasons variations already affecting it). I understand it as entire worlds' ecosystem changing depending on the actions of Sims.
  • Options

Frost also explained that the pack won't affect Strangerville (which already has its own ecosystem, even if only before solving the mystery) due to too many 'world layers' (base state without Seasons, pre-mystery environment, Seasons variations already affecting it). I understand it as entire worlds' ecosystem changing depending on the actions of Sims.

I hope it has enough impact to make a change between worlds (and an on/off toggle would be nice too).
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

I hope it has enough impact to make a change between worlds (and an on/off toggle would be nice too).

It's possible that we'll see different pollution levels (I'm still wondering about Sulani with its already existing conservationist system) in different worlds. San Myshuno might be more likely to be affected while Glimmerbrook might not, considering their location and environment.

And absolutely yes, I hope there's a way to *not* have to deal with the pollution if one chooses not to.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,560 Member
    edited May 2020
    Maybe it's only the beginning.
    For almost 6 years we have looked back with the previous themes and now we can look forward.

Eco Lifestyle is the 1st new EP, let's see if the upcoming packs will go further.