Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I mostly read the forum on my phone and that is not the best medium for commenting on fun posts from several people. Got some computer-time so here we go! I always read every post in this thread and it is so much fun to see how all of your are playing. Have a great time!

@Ellupelluellu Ha ha, I love the welcome-wagon in Strangerville. The plan is to send the heir to that town and sort out the crazy stuff

@DoloresGrey I love the knitting-stuff. The streaking-part turned deadly but it was a good twist to the story.

@Kimmer Your dog Belle is so so cute. If you would like to put her on the gallery I got a few sims that would be happy for the company

@ParmaViolet87 I love seeing occult stuff. Yay for duels! And a huge lol for hardly managing ONE day without kiddo at uni before texting.

@troshalom Love your extra clubs that give a lot some life. I do that too.

@Admiral8Q Your gangster-dude is spot on! I'm thinking "Some like it hot", he would fit right in. Also I love seeing duels and drama. Go Gemma!

@Tomatplante Such a great home for scientists! Wonderful.

@GalacticGal Ohh... I really like Gem. Hope she will find her dog.

@GlacierSnow Lunar Seven has a very very interesting life, that's for sure. Great story :) And now he has one more thing to juggle, parenting.

@sarabeth2984 I love sending my families heir from a really nice comfortable family home into a dinky little place in San Myshuno. Preferably with some horrible lot-traits.

@rosepicker Don't think I have had a sim dream about death. That would be interesting.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    This baby
    5-8-2020-11-06-24.png
    had birthday today.

<3 Can we all agree that the onesies are hands-down the best thing about this SP :love:

• Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    edited August 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    I just finished watching The Umbrella Academy S2. It gave me the idea to make a family inspired by them in a way.
    The Grimshaw Family. They're on the gallery if you want them.
    The Grimshaw Family

LuKtM0Y.png

Ohhh I love these guys (will probably download them later, I've got a save that's perfect for them)! Hadn't seen this before! Idk if you need it but I once turned another simmer's build (by zlarb I think) into a magical boarding school. Looking at your kids, I was thinking you might like it haha (and you can always take out the magic stuff and replace it with alien things). Or not :D

It's here: Magical Mansion Reno

Awe thank you very much! And I'll have to check out that build, it looks amazing!! :)

• rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    my sim stress drank insta-large potion
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    @Kimmer Your dog Belle is so so cute. If you would like to put her on the gallery I got a few sims that would be happy for the company
    @SilentKitty Thank you. :)
    I have Belle in my gallery. My gallery ID is kimmet69.
    I guess you can find her best if you filter households and 4-6 Sims, The household name is Brooks. There's a whole family with Belle.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    edited August 2020
    Just a quick update — I got my gaming rig back! I'm going to place Tamela and her family in my game and upload them to the Gallery so I can add her to the new save (chaos can be fun), then switch to the brand new game save from which I have been sharing. Because, I like Gem, too. And I'm hoping she gets her dog back. She reminds me of my Trinkett, although Trinkett isn't a lemon in color. Tea is like Belle, though. A glutton. LOL Wish me luck that the transfer of files goes well this time. Else, I'll be shedding a few tears.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I decided to give the 100 baby challenge a try.
    Aaaaand I didn't last too long before I cheated and aged up some babies and toddlers. My goodness, the aggro factor is huge for me with the babies and toddlers. I was ready to punt the bassinets out the second-floor window into the side yard at one point. I hit pause instead and hurried through the age up/birthday cake options. lolol

I'm a such big old cheater with this one. I decided that finding 100 guy sims was going to be too hard (I play with aging off because I'm so slow getting relationship bars up that they either get married off or die off before I can hook the prospective partner sim for my sim). So, I set the lot trait to produce twins and will settle for 100 babies with like 50 guy sims. Currently at 11 children (shes' currently expecting) and 7 baby daddies.

This game is weird and not in my typical playstyle. I don't usually have my sims go after non-single sims or do the quick hook up thing. My matriarch is really good at quickly enticing prospective baby daddies even without the beguilement perk. In fact, it feels a little predatory, "Hmm, I think I'll lure him in for future baby production." She just started a romance bar with Father Winter so he will be a future baby daddy. lol

One of the problems I have with this challenge is that there is a fallout to having so many baby daddies in how do you find partners for the kids when all the male sims have slept with their mother? *ick ick ick* lol

Another thing I noticed (and it's kind of rude, I thought) is that every once in awhile my lot gets a whole bunch of guys sims coming to visit all at once. Word gets around fast, doesn't it? Hey, this isn't a fast-serve line here, boys. My matriarch is actually a nice girl, she just needs a 100 babies. lolol

If I can get through the heavily modified (cheated) 100 baby challenge I'll let her settle down with the baby daddy she likes best.

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2020
    So... This happened yesterday and I'm struggling how to explain this because it's just so bizarre. :D

My sim left to work and the house was empty (except for the butler). The butler never cleans the dryer's lint trap so it caught fire and I got to see firefighters show up for the first time. They put out the fire but then it gets weird... a sultry tune starts playing and both of the firemen start doing the Sexy Pose animation. :flushed:It's possible that's the wrong animation I'm trying to describe but WHAT THE HECK!!

One sad excuse of a screenshot is all I have to show for. It's missing the heart & woohoo symbol thought bubbles they had:
    50192934183_ba1b1e7e7b_k.jpg

I do have quite a few mods but no adult-themed mods so I'm not sure what could cause this. Surely this isn't meant to happen :grey_question::joy:
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • rosepickerrosepicker Posts: 78 Member
    edited August 2020
      1. me sometimes when i play the sims : the kid will drown! the mom will starve! the dad will live though. 2. other times i play the sims : the mom will have more kids until the dad dies of hunger
    Post edited by rosepicker on
  • elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited August 2020
    long sigh

I only have three screenshots to share, but I wound up getting carried away with the text, so it's all in the spoiler tag!

08_05_20_1_32_49am_by_elemmele_de2q4af-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MjAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wYTg0OWYzYi0yMGVkLTQzM2QtYmRmNC0zNjljNjQwZWFjMWZcL2RlMnE0YWYtZTMxZTRmZTUtMDIzNS00OGViLThjZTQtMWM1ZDU3NzgxMDgzLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.FRiIjyIWQR0WSV_Lyy4bdIQdeOva3h6uQ8avmanW8yg

This is Elaine Welsh! She's the owner of the vet clinic I made for Willow Creek. But every time I played with her household (her, her two grandchildren, and their three pets), things always felt a little overwhelming, and Elaine would always be too exhausted at the end of the day to spend time with her family! So I imagine that this day, out in the garden relaxing with Violet and Stinky, she started toying around with the idea of retiring and selling the clinic. She had mixed feelings about it though, since the clinic once belonged to her very best friend (who unfortunately has long-since passed). Also, outside the game, I couldn't decide who I would want to take over the clinic. So I was looking around in my household management, and I remembered Sue-Ellen Brisby!

08_05_20_2_01_58am_by_elemmele_de2q49m-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MjAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wYTg0OWYzYi0yMGVkLTQzM2QtYmRmNC0zNjljNjQwZWFjMWZcL2RlMnE0OW0tZTMwY2Y5MmQtZDkzMi00MmIwLTlmMDktNTc5MWIwNTBjNTA5LnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.7pGVwDkdOfBipCmQufySPLmbdAOawa9_FeUXB6-NucI

Sue-Ellen is a Sim I made for a legacy challenge that never happened. But I always really loved her design (and her cat, Bilbo Thunderfoot -- yes, Sue-Ellen's a bookworm who loves to name things after some of her favorite characters/series), but never quite knew where to put them. Sue-Ellen wound up getting hired as a chef at the diner I put in Newcrest (The Sunny-Side Up Diner!), and that was fine for a while! But I decided that for story purposes, Sue-Ellen was getting tired of the humdrum of working a job she never really felt passionate about. So she took a trip to Willow Creek in hopes of taking a look at the local clinic. Being a Brindleton Bay native, Sue-Ellen has always had a love for animal care, and she was hoping to spread her knowledge on the subject! Unfortuantely Elaine wasn't there when Sue-Ellen popped in, but one of the employees pointed her in the direction of Elaine's house (literally right down the street), and Sue-Ellen and Bilbo decided to go down and introduce themselves. After a long talk, and many "share love of cats" interactions later, the deed was done! And Elaine sold the clinic to Sue-Ellen.

08_05_20_3_10_55am_by_elemmele_de2q48x-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD03MjAiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wYTg0OWYzYi0yMGVkLTQzM2QtYmRmNC0zNjljNjQwZWFjMWZcL2RlMnE0OHgtZWU0NDVlZmUtNGY4My00OTg3LWFmYjUtMWRjYTVhOWRkYWYyLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD0xMjgwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.5UBv14iqNORwSrtqX2CytESXeEVJ3l14CywkfHpzfuw

Of course, Sue-Ellen and Bilbo were elated at the news, and now Sue-Ellen can't wait to make things a little better for all the critters in Willow Creek! And Elaine can spend her well-deserved leisure time with her family, relaxing and knitting and tending to her garden in peace~
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Shinya made an onesie for his daughter Harmony and passed his second term with A's.

HV9TtT8.png

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    @SimplyJen Firefighter sexy dance is intentional. It seems to have a random chance of being their choice of celebratory dance after they put out a fire.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2020
    Daephene wrote: »
    @SimplyJen Firefighter sexy dance is intentional. It seems to have a random chance of being their choice of celebratory dance after they put out a fire.
    What?! That's crazy :D Thank you so much for this info! <3

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    I had my sim Piper marry a random guy she met in order to collect on an inheritance, so she's teaching him how to knit

knitting.png
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @PsychoSimXX Wow, I had no idea Shinya was ever going to have a child! I always had the impression that he is that "Children? Never!" type of a sim. This role suits him very much and Harmony is sooo lovely!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    @DoloresGrey Thank you !!! She is a cutie. Just like in real life birth control doesn't always work...lol In one save I have he has to popular the world with superhumans to build an army to fight the occult sims. Only those with his green eyes have the superhuman....lol

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    edited August 2020
    Gem was walking through the livingroom of their new home when she heard a whimpering just outside of the front door. Immediately, she went outside. There on the pathway leading up to their front steps was her little lost dog!
    "Lemon! What a good girl, you found our new home! Oh, come here, you poor, dirty little thing."
    9e19T0m.jpg
    She gathered up her pet and snuggled her close for a moment. "Oof, you smell just awful and I bet you're hungry, too."
    GGgaARK.jpg
    Gem took Lemon right upstairs and bathed her. "You're so dirty your white isn't even white anymore, it's a curious brownish gray. Now, stay still. There's a good girl. Oh, no, don't splash. Don't get me full of suds. You can shake off after I get you all clean and rinsed off again. Then, if you're a really good girl, I'll give you a big treat."
    e38s5eY.jpg
    The evening was late, but Gem couldn't wait to share her good news with her newfound friend, Brianna Cantrell. For a moment the last name tickled her brain and she wondered if there was any relationship with the Erik Cantrell. Nah, probably not, she reasoned to herself.

SAu0M3R.jpg
    She gave Lemon the promised treat and then hugged her Dad tight when he came by to say goodnight. "I have P-T in the morning, so I have to leave extra early. I just wanted to see how you're holding up."
    Gem dabbed at the corners of her eyes. "Look who's back," she said, hugging her father's neck.
    fZjCCwK.jpg
    63x8Gpe.jpg
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    Six tracts released, two songs written by himself and licensed, Erik found himself the center of attention. More and more he got calls to photoshoots, various magazines wanting him to grace their covers. Erik was thrilled to comply. That's the way this game was played, his agent told him. "You gotta put yourself out there, son," he said. Erik was good at games and so he readily accepted the offers that came his way. Which were many.
    MT0esQw.jpg

Shortly, as Erik gained more notice, his agent signed him with yet another music promotion Company. Sims' Music, Incorporated. Soon, the concerts were scheduled. Fast and furious, Erik was glad it was summer break. He could never do this and go to school full-time. Crazy-insane he thought. But fun. He was having the time of his young life.
    His next concert was held at a brand new venue. The Music Fest outdoor venue was finally completed. He watched as it was being built at the start of spring. Hoping that one day, he would stand upon that newly constructed stage and belt songs out one after another. The construction crew had completed the finishing work and the place looked great. Not only that, but Erik no longer had to do his own sound checks. Yes, he had to attend, but there was a crew who put the equipment through the paces. Erik was there to sing into the microphone while they set the sound for the arena. So much better.
    eftpVD4.jpg
    Finally, it was showtime. Erik went out onto the stage to find the place had filled with Sims.
    QVL0Ogh.jpg

After the show, Erik had a scheduled Meet & Greet, courtesy of his agent.

He met with the Paparazzi, answering questions.
    t6C7oQW.jpg

He met with his fans, signing autographs and taking Selfies together.
    6EgYuaP.jpg

He even hugged a few and one fan was just so sweet, he gave her a kiss on the cheek.
    bxX6ZwZ.jpg

The evening was long, so long that dawn broke, the sky growing from black to gray to blue. Erik was elated but tired. Still, it was Sunday and that meant Church. Splashing water on his face and brushing his teeth, he changed into clothes more suitable and the Cantrell family went off to services. Afterward, they decided to try out a new restaurant. This one was in Brindleton Bay.
    20rmJ11.jpg
    The place was cozy, but the only table large enough for the seven of them was outside on the covered deck. At least the day, though a wet one, was hot. The space was comfortable, but quickly crowded. Erik felt as if he needed to apologize to his family. So far, they all were putting up with the commotion his Rising Star status inflicted on them all.
    oB3D1BG.jpg
    The others finished up their meals and headed back inside, leaving Erik and Joseph, Sr., alone.
    "I wanted to have a talk with you, son. I admire your tenacity and how quickly your success in this field is growing. But, I still want you to attend university after you graduate high school. Because you just never know. At the peak one day, groveling the next day."
    "You sound like a Frank Simnatra song," Erik said.
    "Son," Joseph said.
    9MhD2KE.jpg
    "I hear what you're saying, Dad. I do. And I'll consider it when the time comes. Right now, I'm going into my Junior year. Then I have my Senior year to go before I have to decide. Let's just see how things shape-up, okay? Oh, I'm going to be cutting an album next week. And I have another concert this afternoon."
    "And just when do you plan on getting some much-needed sleep? See, this is what has your mother and I concerned. Many Rock Stars get into trouble needing a little pick-me-up to help them get through these tight, non-stop schedules. Tell your Agent, or I will, to ease up a little."
    "Dad, don't worry, I'm be certain to load up on Macchiatos to get me through." Erik winked. "Or I can always see if I like Expressos."
    "Just remember these next two years of high school are the ones that count toward college. I'm only asking you to be ready."
    "Okay, Dad. I hear you."

Erik returned to the Open Air Concert venue in Oasis Springs. He really liked the setting of this place, the medieval, rustic charm of the build. He was glad to be back here for what he considered a real concert. The first time was him just getting his feet wet, so to speak.
    gOd6iP4.jpg
    Before long, a crowd amassed, as before.
    T3KRrB7.jpg
    Erik gave it his all. He was on fire.
    WY3SbkV.jpg
    All-in-all a magical event.
    43SvX2L.jpg

Thank you for reading. I'll post more after I've had a chance to play again. ;)

• sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    @doloresgrey OMG the onsie on that baby is so adorable!! And she aged up to a precious toddler!
    @galacticgal I am so glad that you were able to get your gaming rig set up and running again! Its good to see Erik back doing his concerts again. I like that build
    @SimplyJen Ok that had me laughing! I have never seen that either XD

Ok so I reopened my main save I haven't touched in awhile! Ever since the new Ecoliving pack and the last big update turned out to be buggy, I was really hesitant to start playing it until I knew more about the save. I am still going to play Joanna and Simeon Silversweater's family because I have gotten really partial to them too. Anyway, I dipped into my alien family, the Fontenots. Here's a brief update:
    Rosemarie (aka Rosie) got abducted by aliens
    pLTDLBd.png
    She and her alien husband Clint had baby #3, Gunner. Rosie's mom Melusine stopped in to see her newest grandson nOsJ3DO.png
    And to pester her son-in-law Clint. Poor Clint kqt33ia.png
    Clint and Rosie got a their daughter Grace that alien rodent pet thing. She loves it and will even clean the cage on her own! y26Cseb.png
    Rosie's little brother (teen) Rocky came over and played videogames with her son Gage. TQRKDPv.png
    Last time I had played, I still had the Slice of Life mod on, Rosie was experiencing some body insecurities. I soon realized SOL is buggy so I removed but went with the storyline anyway. She had just gone through her 3rd pregnancy and felt insecure that her waistline wasn't bouncing back like it used too. I think she looks absolutely fantastic. Her alien sister-in-law thinks she looks great and shouldn't worry about it, but suggested trying yoga. Also, to top it off, Rosie had two bad days in a row at work BIZWcwr.png
    Its a great way to get fit and de-stress at the same time. She went to class at the spa in Newcrest T7W64FM.png
    She met Ulrike Faust and Knox Greenburg. Knox actually taught the class! Why am I not surprised?
    VPlGBYY.png
    She had fun:)
    edited August 2020
    @sarabeth2984, which build are you referring to? I found both the concert venues and the restaurant on the Gallery. The first venue is called The Music Fest. Search #RTF. It's a 40 X 30 size lot, I believe. I'll have to go into my game to get the name of the creator. All I did for the first venue depicted is the 'finishing work', IE the wall coverings and the décor on the stage wall. I also removed the door that leads directly onto the stage for an archway, and I added that floral-covered lattice to hide the door. :) Other than that, the builder deserves the credit. If you're talking about the rustic, rock corner-stage, that's a gem. I changed nothing but the name of the venue inside my game. It's a positively brilliant design.

ETA: SOL has since been updated. I use it and it's great!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

Yesterday, while I had some characters on a date at the ol' sea shanty, I noticed Bob (all angry) trying to pick a fight with another guy in the bar...
    Although he looks mean, (and could probably easily kick Bob's plumbum) he ended up just telling Bob to go away. :D
    8Pn4bYy.png

Minotaur Guy: "Uh, look man! You're being rude and mean! I'm just here to relax..."
    3SdiDxq.png
    ekGKEJU.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I took my new sim out to dinner for the first time today. Apparently his waiter is having a tough day.[img][/img]08-07-20-1-35-17-PM.png
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top