Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    @GalacticGal An accolade for Erik congratulations! :)

Thanks. It's Saturday in my game and we'll soon see if he garners his fourth Accolade. I'm on a mission. I'm just now back to where he was when my game save went glitchy. (Remind me to never install a mod that's not fully updated, despite others singing it's praises.) Oi! Oh, well. He lost two Accolades in the second fire on the lot. :open_mouth: But those can be replaced easier than his son. Phew, that was close!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Just a quick update on my game.
    Outside the gameplay, I just bought the fashion packs that just came out, and updated some looks for my Sims.
    I also edited a Sim I created named Elsa Wolf, I moved her into one of my save files that I am playing.
    In game, my teen Apollo Wolf and another teen Kisa Tiger moved out of their houses. They became a couple in previous game plays, and today I moved them out, and they are currently living with Elsa Wolf (no relation to Apollo). The families they left behind can now expand, and they can no deepen their relationship.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    "Hey...umm...hey Adam, can we talk?"

"Oh hey Mick. You look like something's bugging you." Adam, amazingly, kept a straight face—not a guy you ever wanted to play poker against, to be sure.

"Yeah, umm...so, you know Alanna Ballard and I have been dating for awhile..."

"Oh yeah, she's a total sweetheart. Really outgoing too, she seems to like everyone she meets. When I talked to her, she was always talking about how she wanted me to meet all her friends and join her bowling league. I guess she saw me at the Southside Bowladrome when I bowled that tournament for the Alley Cat scholarship a couple weeks ago. Surprised she remembered me."

Mick grew visibly annoyed. "Oh, you already knew her?"

"Well, she knew me..."

"And I suppose you didn't think I'd find out when she 'knew you' in the Biblical sense the other night?"

"What? If you're going to accuse me of something..."

"YOU WOOHOO'D MY GIRLFRIEND."

Adam played dumb. "Excuse me, what?!"

"You. Woohoo'd. My. Girlfriend. Alanna was just here while you were at class. Said she'd left something upstairs in your room the last time she was here...I followed her upstairs, and what she 'left in your room' was a pair of heart-shaped panties. Guess she wasn't wearing them under her dress when she left yesterday."

"What business is that of yours? We got to talking last time she was here and we hit it off. I mean, we're just friends now, she's not pregnant or anything, you can have her back..."

The red mist descended over Mick's eyes. "You son of a common gutter..." (the rest of what he said was a string of forbidden words about everything from Adam's lack of a father to disparaging his mom's looks to going after her morals and even got a dig in at Adam's grandmother to ice the cake, and that's just the stuff I can describe in print...)

Adam's patience ran very thin very quickly. Sure, what he'd done with Alanna, consensual (and delightful!) as it had been, was a nasty thing to do to one's housemate. But to suggest that his mother was nothing but a common woohoo worker, that was going too far.

"I'm only going to say this once. Say one more word about my family and I will pile drive your head so far down your neck, you won't know whether you're eating or pooping."

"Typical. You're nothing but an animal. Where'd your mom find your real father, at the zoo?"

"That's it! You asked for it!"

One nice thing about being the product of a one-night stand on Neighborhood Brawl Day was that it ran in the family. Mick Rooney never saw the punch coming that knocked him out cold. For a so-called smart guy, he sure was dumb as rocks sometimes.

Adam got a call just as the fight wrapped up. "Hey stud, it's Ellie, you want to go to Pepper's Pub with me? I hear Titus Bernard is trying out some new stand-up before he goes on Comedy Channel later this week. You might learn something for that comedy elective you're taking."

"Yeah," Adam thought to himself. "Alanna was fun, but Ellie Lindsey? She's wife material."
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    The bills for Lunar's extravagant underground bunker are large. Time to CopyPasto some rare minerals.

How-Lunar-pays-the-bills.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited October 2021
    So today I played winterfest at my sim Molly's house because I had already done harvestfest with the Sigworths. Then right after it ended I went to the Sigworth house. I really like the Sigworth's. I completed the strangerville mystery with Dylan before that i gave him the aspiration to go with it then I gave him back his merdbrain aspiration.

I really love Christy, she completed the creativity aspiration shich I haven't achieved in probably a few years. Her bar is full, but I'm hoping I can get her an A first so it can help her whe. she's a teen for her mom's aspiration. When she ages up I will have to give her a slight makeover, adorable kid, but unfortunate looking teen. She has a brother sebastian who is a fussy toddler, but he hasn't been too uncontrollable yet. I'm hoping to get Jess to level 6 in the military career before I leave them for another householld.

Also working on trying to repeal the power conservation NAP. The naps for this area are funny because it's the workout one, free love (which i may repeal later), rough housing. and power conservation. What a hot mess of a neighborhood. lol. So far I have never seen any actual fight break out because of the rough housing NAP.

Not sure what career if any I'm going to give Dylan, for now he will just be a stay at home dad I suppose.
    Post edited by Caitxcat on
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Today, I arm-wrestled with my game, which was very slow on my poor old lap-top, trying to assure that a household I had played in one save was present in my legacy save, so that they could start making babies to be unrelated Spellcaster romantic interests for my Generation 4 sims.

I didn't manage to get any actual gameplay accomplished... but Chris & Rob (married) are now established in New Old Henford, their house has a nursery and a bassinet ready and waiting for the Try for Baby whim to strike.

In my last successful gameplay, all this got prompted when Remy Charles-Hart, great-grandson of my legacy founders, aged up to Teen, his toddler half-brother Austen became a child, and parents Brodie (Hart) and Grant (Charles) decided that an empty bed meant time for another baby.

Out of all of this, I only managed to document Remy's progression to Teen:

Making a wish on the candles of his matcha cake

Idtnlcp.png

And off to High School for the first time (yes, with homework complete)

TAmmXnJ.png
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I turned ageing back on as I was ready to progress forward in my story. I often pause ageing if I'm working on a storyline, but I need a little bit more time than I thought I needed.

As soon as I did, I went to save my game. But, I couldn't because it said I couldn't save while Riley was ageing up...

zYna5fK.png
    I didn't know I had paused right at the end of her adult life. Riley is like, "What the heck are those sparkles!? I'm not ready for this!"

fr9aMSG.png
    It was time for Desirae to age up. Johnny spent the morning setting up for his daughter's party. He might have over done the sweets... okay, he definitely did but it was going to be a big party!

2BmYLPh.png
    Both Johnny and Desirae dressed up in snazzy outfits for the party.

XmP4pB6.png
    Jonathan came over to celebrate his little sister's birthday.

lJUqgdH.png
    They took a family portrait together before the party officially started.

uA6SkgT.png
    mi3pA9q.png
    "Happy Birthday, Desirae!"

Desirae aged up with the creative trait, a trait that she will share with her father, Johnny.

bqgPIe7.png
    Now, it was time for the presents!

YRDjYHX.png
    Johnny and Emiliano also had given Desirae some presents from them: A camera and... a knitting kit? Desirae was excited about the camera, but she looked at the knitting kit with confusion. Johnny explained that it was okay if she didn't enjoy knitting, but she'll never know unless she tries.
  • Options
    @ACruelButLovingGod Nice bit of drama you've got going. Fun to read. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Adam Wheatley got his A+ average in his first term at college, and after the drama with Alanna Ballard subsided, they remained good friends, even stargazing and talking about life, the universe, and how Mick Rooney was a hot-headed meanie and how Alanna was always too good for him and someone had to give him the business to shut him up.

ijyHgmA.png

But a new passion had struck his heart, a family-oriented, ambitious psychology major—and an absolute cutie!—named Ellie Lindsey, who was every bit as supportive of Adam's dreams as she was dogged in pursuing her own. Look out, world, there's a new power couple in town.

Of course Adam was instantly smitten, and the hot minute he finished up that first term, he moved out of collegiate housing with a little help from his mom and the family's $400,000-plus net worth and...well...

"Oh man, the historical society is going to hate me for this, but..."

Adam bought an old manor house in the rich part of Willow Creek, which he was able to afford not because his cut of the fortune made him rich enough to live in such a fashionable address but because he leveled the old building in order to build a modest two-bedroom, one-bathroom house on the site, with plenty of land and plans to expand with two more bedrooms for what was sure to become a growing family.

Because the next thing he did was to elope immediately with Ellie, right in front of the house so he'd have to take only a couple of steps to carry her over the threshold...

bk2qpie.png

Of course, they had to finish their education first. Ellie in particular would need it for her lofty career goals. But at the same time, Adam had planted some carrots in the garden and he knew his mom was going to make good on that promise to nag him about grandkids. Hopefully Ellie would be ready for it as well.

Meanwhile, a closer look at the beautiful bride. I did a few edits to her in CAS and I just love the way she turned out.
    iwTxryf.png
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
  • Options
    Such a lovely love-story @ACruelButLovingGod . Forgive me for asking, but where did you come up with the name Mick Rooney? Could it be a nod to the former Child Star and good friend of Judy Garland? I always loved Mickey Rooney.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal Double-edged reference. One part Mickey Rooney, the other part Mick Fleetwood (of Fleetwood Mac fame.)
    (he/him)
  • Options
    @ACruelButLovingGod Aww! Ellie seems so perfect for Adam! Such a cute story. <3
  • Options
    Some say that the best thing a wife can do to ensure a happy marriage is to make sure her husband's mother likes her, and for Ellie, that meant getting friendly with Elizabeth when she came to visit. The two bonded over some cloudgazing.

cObLl61.png

"So how's school going? Adam tells me you're a psych major?"

"Economics, actually. I know one of his housemates on campus was doing psychology though."

"Right. It's so hard to try and keep all of Adam's friends straight. You'll understand when you're a mother. Anyway, Econ? You're gonna make the family rich, huh?"

"Well, hopefully. I'm mostly trying to get out of the admins' doghouse this semester. Now that I've gotten married and moved off campus, I quit the spirit squad and the Brainiacs. My grades were kind of in the toilet with all that social stuff, like academic probation bad. But Adam's been keeping me motivated, I'm feeling really good about even making the dean's list this term."

"That's great! Adam was always a good boy even when he was little."

"A good boy? You make him sound like a dog."

"Well, he is like a puppy..."

Ellie laughed. "That he is. Playful and loyal. But if he starts barking at the mailman, we're gonna have a problem."

This set both women into fits of laughter, more like sisters than a mother and daughter-in-law. Ellie and Adam, talking in bed later that night, both agreed that Elizabeth's visit couldn't have gone better.
    (he/him)
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited October 2021
    so today I played, still am playing, the Sigworths. After wasting a weekend I managed to repeal the power conservation nap I haad to invite so many people over. Christie Sigworth also aged up, unfortunately before she could get an A in elementary School, oh well. I'm super excited to share the makeover I gave her, I finally broke down and made an acct on imgur just to do so. Should have changed her hairstylree forthe before to show her ears, they were REALLY big.

Before
    VAzPTxj.png

After
    9WBJbbm.png?1

I think she is super cute, I will probably put make up on hber later. She is active, outgoing, creatively gifted with the music aspiration. It fits since she loved to pick up her violin. Just realized I forgot to put glasses on her since she had glasses before she aged up. Will have to add later.
    Post edited by Caitxcat on
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I decided to try a just-for-fun 100 baby challenge. I'm using an old sim, Vera Valkrye and I'm not fully following the rules, cause boring lol. She already has her first victim, Dirk Dreamer, and seems to be carrying his kid. Dustin Broke is up next! Trying to only use single sims, so we shall see how long that lasts lol.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    My sim gave the Henford on Bagley's mayor a dog poop as a present. She loved it.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    @ACruelButLovingGod Ellie seems like she's going to have no problems fitting in with Adam's family.
    @Caitxcat You did a good job! She's cute!
    @WildIrishBanshee Good luck with the 100 Baby Challenge!
    @DoloresGrey She was like, "Oh! Fertilizer for my garden!"

L0fplnv.png
    It was Spooky Day in my world. Instead of cooking breakfast, Johnny and Emiliano decided to take the kids out to a restaurant.

OTGC9Rn.png
    bIc01uF.png
    For their Spooky Day costume party, Johnny and Emiliano had set up a fun activity outside for the kids: pumpkin carving!

Desirae was carving with two of her friends, Matthew and Maddox. Matthew is Alexander and Thomas's son. (Alexander is Johnny's ex whom he is still trying to be friends with and Thomas is a movie director and close friend of the family.) Maddox is the son James and Cecilia Alder, two fellow actors and co-stars of Emiliano. Cecilia also comes from a very rich and famous family, so Maddox is growing up not only with famous parents but famous grandparents, too.

tnOULXY.png
    Inside, Johnny had made treats for the party: Spooky Cookies, Cheesy Eyeballs, Zombie Cake, and a pumpkin pie. Of course, he shouldn't really eat any of it since he's lactose intolerant, but he may have treated himself to some pumpkin pie. Desirae really enjoyed the pie her dad made.

nEZHckG.png
    The following morning, Johnny and Emiliano took Desirae and Jonathan bowling, an activity none of them have done before.

ldMm5DN.png
    Even though she had never gone bowling before, Desirae did extremely well and ended up with the most points.

Ye0IUcc.png
    On Monday, Desirae came home with a school project. Johnny and Emiliano both had different approaches. Emiliano wanted to read the instructions and follow them to a T, whereas Johnny thought they should just be creative and wing it.

oFlfSyA.png
    Maddox also came over after school to hang out with Desirae. He lives next door in a large celebrity mansion in The Pinnacles (He lives on the Chateau Peak lot and I built Johnny and Emiliano's home on The Ward Den lot). The two kept 'monkeying around' with each other and just being so adorable. I think they might have a crush on each other.
  • Options
    MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    So when I get bored with gameplay, I've developed a habit of giving townies a makeover lately. I dunno, I've just been looking at them and cringing at their looks as they walk by a Sim of mine. Once I'm done making a townie look remotely palletable, I also change a few traits on them: either to fit the idea of their premade stories a little better, or to help with their careers. For example: if a Sim has a fortune aspiration and lore that makes them out to be a bit of a snob, then it would make sense to me for them to have either the Snob or High-Maintenance trait (sometimes both if I feel like being over the top). I usually redecorate their houses as well, and then play them for a bit before I throw them back to Other Households: that usually results in them advancing their career in the process. I already did something similar with Izzy Fabulous, because I thought 'hey, a stylist should look actually stylish', and he managed to get to the top of the Stylist carreer path. Basically, I end up improving that townie's entire life.

And today, I gave Bob and Eliza Pancakes a glow-up.
    q6qTw5J.png
    6JlXkk6.png
    I've changed Eliza's traits to Materialistic, Neat and High-Maintenance. Bob now has Lazy, Slob, and Goofball. Their aspirations and careers are still the same: Mansion Baron for Eliza, and Master Chef for Bob. I added some likes and dislikes on them, and I basically made them polar opposites: Eliza likes Baroque music, and Bob hates it because he thinks it's snobbish. While Bob loves Pop music, and Eliza hates it because she thinks its plebian entertainment.

I'm kind of preparing them for a storyline I have in mind: I'm going to get them divorced, get them both new partners, allow them both to have children, and have a family feud storyline between the two resulting families. I dunno, I thought it would be funny to have Eliza change her last name to Waffles, and have a Pancakes vs Waffles thing going on. Not out of the question for that to be her maiden name, right? So my looks for them are kind of made to fit the idea of Eliza packing up her stuff and dumping Bob to find herself a newer and richer husband. Think along the lines of her wanting to have a Landgraab-ish, jetset lifestyle. I'm going to let them both of them have 2 kids with the new partner, to fill out the family tree a bit better at its beginning. I tossed up a coin to who would be keeping the Pancakes name, and fate decided it would be Bob. Eliza will be moving to Umbrage Manor, and Bob will be getting Pique Hearth all to himself. Both of these homes will be getting a makeover to fit this storyline as well, mainly because I imagine Eliza having tastes like Donald Trump: the gaudier and shinier, the better. And some pink accents to go with the gold and white in her case. Also, I wouldn't imagine Bob keeping most of the decorations Eliza bought for the place, as it wasn't really his taste to begin with. I picture him as placing a lot of value over comfort: his house should feel cozy above all else, and should have an amazing kitchen.

And wouldn't you know it: turned out that the household has over 1 million simoleons when I opened it up to get them into CAS! :o They had a grand total of 1,020,000 simoleons in their bank account. I actually didn't cheat it in: i noticed it when I opened up the household to edit them in CAS. But these Sims are more loaded then the Landgraabs are! I couldn't figure out whether one partner had earned it, so I gave them both half of the money in the divorce and called it a day. I didn't want Bob to be left completely destitute, after all. and Eliza could really afford Umbrage Manor on her own. Well, this sure left me with a good bit of wiggle room when it comes to redecorating! I'm currently working on Pique Hearth, and I've barely made a dent in Bob's half of the funds so far.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I must say I loved the Waffles family idea
  • Options
    @bluedanube Nice! Are you using a mod for Angela's career or just good old fashion creativity?
    @MelanieScribbles It sounds like the Pancakes got really lucky and won the lottery when it came around. Now the question is who actually won it, Eliza or Bob?
  • Options
    And wouldn't you know it: turned out that the household has over 1 million simoleons when I opened it up to get them into CAS! :o They had a grand total of 1,020,000 simoleons in their bank account.

Definitely one of them won the lottery. The million gets added to the base 20,000 that NPC households start out with and boom, there's your total. At least in your game, an actual living human NPC (rather than a dead person, or a cat, or a dead cat) won the lotto.

(he/him)
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    sgrnEQW.png
    Nikell is talking about the wonders of the world while thinking what it will be like when she's old enough to get married...cause alien, her father is not amused.
    FXPMMTm.png
    Betting which one of them she'll look more like as she loses the red hair.
    beK7KLQ.png
    She's very proud of her big girl markings.
    qIIJzPN.png
    Her father is just glad she's still his little girl, no matter what her mother says.

Mainly that she will marry rich and move far far away like all girls of their kind do.

Nope that's bad language words hehe.
    toahaf6.png
    I had to move to my Rhodes when I saw the twins aged up, it was their sister's birthday so I went about with makeovers I didn't plan on the green but it looked good.
    czegOuW.png
    Though Dean is the odd man out, his father is having a moment realizing he might be just like him and he feels badly for whoever his future daughter-in-law would be.

"Dad? Are you listening?"

"Hmmm...oh yeah son...yeah."

:p
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    My sim's graduation was invaded! The lobster was stink sprayed and left right after.
    16-10-2021-19-55-36.png
    Then my sim celebrated with her boyfriend :)
    16-10-2021-20-14-35.png
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top