Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I'm working on the university challenge and I thought my trouble children were doing well but 6 of the 8 failed and were put on probation ;_;) I enrolled them for their next semester and I tried 1 course and 1 elective instead of 4 courses. Hopefully it goes better for semester 2!

Do you make certain your Sims at Uni have either 'taking notes' or 'active listening' chosen when in class? This helps a great deal, too. Works the same way with other school. Click on the little thingy and select either. Just don't have them sleep in class!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    I'm working on the university challenge and I thought my trouble children were doing well but 6 of the 8 failed and were put on probation ;_;) I enrolled them for their next semester and I tried 1 course and 1 elective instead of 4 courses. Hopefully it goes better for semester 2!

Do you make certain your Sims at Uni have either 'taking notes' or 'active listening' chosen when in class? This helps a great deal, too. Works the same way with other school. Click on the little thingy and select either. Just don't have them sleep in class!

I did it a few times, but I mostly forgot to do so lol I'm trying to do it each time now, though, hoping it helps. With just one course, it's easier to get all their work done, but one of my sims tried to forge his paper and since he was on probation, he got suspended XD Silly evil sims, you're not supposed to get caught! Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to remember to do it each time~

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options

I did it a few times, but I mostly forgot to do so lol I'm trying to do it each time now, though, hoping it helps. With just one course, it's easier to get all their work done, but one of my sims tried to forge his paper and since he was on probation, he got suspended XD Silly evil sims, you're not supposed to get caught! Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to remember to do it each time~

So glad I could help.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    By complete coincidence Bruno and Scarlett had the same birthday!
    rj4g8kG.jpg
    Bruno aged up with that hair and some make up so I decided to roll with it. I think he looks cute, however my mother has informed that he looks too much like a woman. :expressionless: He rolled the "Worldly" trait (CC) and the fabulously wealthy aspiration. He already was neat, a speed cleaner, and an artistic prodigy.
    53v0Waz.jpg
    Scarlett was given the new Paranormal hair, which looks really cute on her! She rolled the "Insecure" trait (CC) and the whiz kid aspiration. Her toddler trait was silly.
    More updates later! :smiley:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Yet another child we definitly can't afford!
    Hjd03kY.png
    Meet.....(drumroll please).......Fern Laurel!
    No, literally. We just moved in to this house:
    WM9AINW.jpg
    It's practically empty, and we only have 1000 simoleans left after getting Fern.
    Children are bad decisions all around.
    k701caN.png
    He's so cute I can almost forgive him for being so expensive.
  • Options
    Sorry if I'm spamming, I'm just having lots of fun! :wink:
    lcBL2JX.jpg
    The game says she's mad about her new little brother, but I think she's happy to have someone else to boss around.
    nJKIUk8.jpg
    I was going to do an heir poll, but I love Bruno so much he might just auto win.
    Qvl7sJQ.png
    Gave him a new hair color, it's my favorite color. I was going to get my hair that color, but they only had light blue.
    9mREnuN.jpg
    Don't mind me, just sticking my head in your neck!
    U7oQOV3.jpg
    Getting along! That's a first!
    S7CaDQk.png
    I have no idea what this picture was for, but Fern needs some screentime.
    Bye! :blush:
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited February 2021
    so while I have a dump for the longer bits at first I wasn't doing much noteworthy so got some highlights.
    2DgU50A.png
    So after a very very eventful new years and the loss of Max, Ellie and Fatima all only a handful of hours apart of one another it was time to age up my back heiress.
    5korV91.png
    I couldn't decide between her and her second cousin but as they are the final try for the uglacy I gave them the prize early basically to see who needed the least amount of tugging to edge out the last of Maranda so to speak. both needed to have their head brought in a little as with all of her descendants so I wasn't counting that.
    VBtj2tz.png
    Steve needed an eye, eyebrow, chin, cheek, and lip fix...also I went with older as he aged up waaaay before her and will be at marrying age soon.
    7mISfZt.png
    I needed to give and shape her chin.....Michelle is the winner rightfully givine her mother Lydia the role of the Coyle family matriarch so she keeps the house and will do what Maranda used to do. With this I'll edit the living members and it's time for Maranda and Johnny to return to the netherworld sad times they had such a full life.

Yep.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Nadia completed her tenth aspiration, she is on the roll, although the next one is gonna be super tricky.
    Vs2y1XS.png
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited February 2021
    I was testing out CC for kids and toddlers today.

Here is a few for toddlers items from Around the sims.

This little guy is a test sim but he is cute! This is a booster seat and a bottle I like this because it gives you the ability to play toddlers a bit younger or older in my head :)
    50970884413_2b9546dc43_k.jpg
    50970884483_a19f3d59cd_k.jpg

This is a little juice pouch.
    50971684627_355bc1297b_k.jpg

More Under the cut
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    @BookBear cool that you let Bruno be Bruno :)
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Yellow not so berry is now a widow, thanks to her husbands death by laughter.

cXVMwZS.png

They were happy for the few days they were married.

nYbfxuv.png

And I have two heirs to choose from!
  • Options
    AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    @CelSims That sucks D: I really hate the emotional deaths, they are so easy to trigger. And that poor child had to witness it, poor thing's gonna need therapy to learn to laugh again!
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited February 2021
    @RedDestiny92
    Michelle is such a pretty sim

@CelSims
    And the little toodler had to watch his father die. God bless him :#

She was always a mischievous kid and will remain mischievous.

The next prank

tm2cb2zo.png

And it always works

o6byygyk.png

Trolling the forum and getting new prank ideas

jui4j6sa.png

and of course she loves the humor and hijinks festival

q5o6yfpg.png

frunsql7.png

Post edited by PreCiious on
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited February 2021
    My 100 baby challenge family moved from Willow Creek to Windenburg. I downloaded a new home for them, re-decorated it, put all the photos up, added a photo studio, built a greenhouse and it all took about 3 hours.
    Then I went back to game mode and suddenly my laptop screen went black and it shut itself off... :o
    My heart jumped and I got cold shivers. I had just lost everything I'd done, because I'm an idiot who didn't save. I just completely forgot to save. :s
    My laptop felt hot, so it probably overheated and shut itself off. It's happened before, so I should've known it can happen.
    That's what happened in my game today. I guess I'll try the same tomorrow, but I won't forget to save this time.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited February 2021
    I've started the 100 Baby Challenge for the first time, but I'm changing up the rules a bit. Instead of looking for donors I'm sticking with this farming couple who will try to have 100 babies. Of course on a normal lifespan they won't make it, so I'll continue the challenge with one of their offspring. I have aging off for non-active sims so the plan is once they are nice and old I'll move them out into this grand farmhouse I have prepared and leave them to it while I continue the challenge.

I'm not usually good at playing with aging on because I get so attached to my sims. Pfft, I just made these two and I am already anxious about them aging, but we'll see how things go.
    sPUAZWu.png
    R9YsbSv.png
    Kimmer wrote: »
    My 100 baby challenge family moved from Willow Creek to Windenburg. I downloaded a new home for them, re-decorated it, put all the photos up, added a photo studio, built a greenhouse and it all took about 3 hours.
    Then I went back to game mode and suddenly my laptop screen went black and it shut itself off... :o
    My heart jumped and I got cold shivers. I had just lost everything I'd done, because I'm an ❤️❤️❤️❤️ who didn't save. I just completely forgot to save. :s
    My laptop felt hot, so it probably overheated and shut itself off. It's happened before, so I should've known it can happen.
    That's what happened in my game today. I guess I'll try the same tomorrow, but I won't forget to save this time.
    Ouch. Been there before.

Sorry about that.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @Lyrie Wow, such cool CC! What's the mod you use for the booster seat? I've love to have my toddlers actually join the family at the table
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    My heart jumped and I got cold shivers. I had just lost everything I'd done, because I'm an ❤️❤️❤️❤️ who didn't save. I just completely forgot to save. :s

Oh, no! I am sad for you. Hopefully the redo will go more quickly!

In my game today:

It was Love Day in the Crunchberry household. Rose and Jax, being newly in love, had no trouble enjoying the holiday. But Grandma Jada? She still had the same desires, but her husband was gone, and she had promised to watch baby Primrose.

While the baby slept, she mourned a while and imagined Love Days in years past with Basil. Then, he was there! But was it only in her mind? Seizing the moment, she embraced and kissed him. Then presented him with a rose. For a few moments it was like being on a date, watching a movie together, sharing a meal, slow dancing to the radio.

When a cry from Primrose rang out, Jada thought she would show Basil his little granddaughter. But he was no longer there. If, indeed, he had ever been there. Still Jada felt his presence and knew this would be an extra special Love Day.
  • Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2021
    I took my sim to the movies and while he was watching the movie, he said the word MOVIE. Not a word that sounded like 'Movie,' but legitimately the word. I was so startled I took a screenshot. I don't know why, because that wasn't gonna capture the sound 🤣 I'm still thinking about it 👻 Spooky

02-23-21-8-35-10-PM.png
  • Options
    ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    My YA actress sim (Natalie) got asked out on a date by a fellow elder actor (Otis) who she's been banging! This was great, as Natalie needed to practice some romantic scenes for an upcoming performance.
    Unfortunately, the date was at a gym rarely-frequented in-game by played households. In Willow Creek. In Winter. When the temperature was freezing.
    Natalie was too busy flirting and posing for the paparazzi to notice that some of her screaming fans - automatically changed into their gymwear by the lot type - were turning blue with cold, and by the time somebody finally installed some temperature control indoors, poor ol' Knox Greenburg had met an icy end just because he chose a bad day for leg day. And, because everyone was too busy grieving over Knox, poor Natalie couldn't get to the controls to set the temperature to 'warmer'... and so the Mexican wave of icicles began.
    And we discovered that the Grim Reaper had randomly become a B-Lister, which meant MORE screaming fans - between the endless cycle of tears - and more sims freezing to death. Because of Death.

...Needless to say, this was not a terribly good date for Natalie.
  • Options

Do you play your game on the laptop's battery, only? Don't do that. Keep it plugged in to help avoid overheating. Make sure you've got airflow, too. I'm so very sorry this happened to you. It's a painful lesson. Save and save often. I tend to save every now and again when building. In game, I tend to save after something significant happens, such as a Sim gains a level at something or something else worthy of note. This way progress isn't' lost. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day. You'll start fresh and all will go well. Save, save and save. :)
  • Options

Do you play your game on the laptop's battery, only? Don't do that. Keep it plugged in to help avoid overheating. Make sure you've got airflow, too. I'm so very sorry this happened to you. It's a painful lesson. Save and save often. I tend to save every now and again when building. In game, I tend to save after something significant happens, such as a Sim gains a level at something or something else worthy of note. This way progress isn't' lost. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day. You'll start fresh and all will go well. Save, save and save. :)
    No, I never do that, I always keep it plugged in when I play and I also have a cooling pad. My gaming laptop has had a problem with Sims 4 since the beginning I bought it. I have no problems with other games, I can play them without my laptop getting overheated, but Sims 4 makes it heat up really fast. I normally don't play more than max two hours but yesterday I played a bit too long.
    Today I tried to repeat what I did yesterday, but I did it faster and I also remembered to save often. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    On my 100 baby challenge Gunther Munch's daughter Yvonne aged up into a child. She was such an adorable and well-behaved toddler that I almost didn't want to age her up. <3
    pwR4OXV.png

For some reason Yvonne didn't age up immediately, but she walked outside and around the house before she decided to do it.
    TUs79XQ.png
    She turned out very cute, but her clothes weren't appropriate for winter, except for her boots. :#

Mom Elina also gave birth to two more babies, she had a baby boy with Malcolm Landgraab and another boy with Max Villareal. They're called Aleksi and Ben. I name the babies by alphabets and I reached the end already and started another round.
    Next time that I play Elina will get pregnant with yet another Villareal, Hugo, and I think also Lucas Munch has aged up to a young adult, so he's going to be a baby daddy too. Then I think Elina's done all the premade males from Windenburg and it's time to move on to San Myshuno... ;)
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Earl and Mauve Newseed got right to the baby making.
    5eXOVfh.png

And now the first baby of my 100 baby challenge is here. Her name is Dawn Newseed.
    mwHEOTb.png
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

No, I never do that, I always keep it plugged in when I play and I also have a cooling pad. My gaming laptop has had a problem with Sims 4 since the beginning I bought it. I have no problems with other games, I can play them without my laptop getting overheated, but Sims 4 makes it heat up really fast. I normally don't play more than max two hours but yesterday I played a bit too long.
    Today I tried to repeat what I did yesterday, but I did it faster and I also remembered to save often. :)

TS4 lags like hell without the power wire connected! I also have a cooling pad. I save my game every 6 hours on the sim game clock.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited February 2021
    20z1rq3.png
    WFULegy.png

I spent today with the Kennedys. Most of this was just enjoying (and sometimes getting frustrated with) their new toddler. Later in the afternoon I switched over to the grandparents to build up those relationships.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top