Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's not chicks ... but what it it?

In the eco living trailer I think it is composting w/ worms. I was watching trailer reviews on YT and they say it's a chick but to me it looks like a grub worm. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    It’s a fat caterpillar, you can see them crawling around the box
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2020
    There's another point where you see the same object with bugs on the side of it. It's a grub baby bug :)

Those are crickets. I think this is insect farming.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited May 2020
    Someone said maybe a wormery (worm compost)?

resize,m_fixed,h_1100,w_1100
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    It's a big fat yellow worm.

If you look at 0:46, you can see it's way too long to be a chick, although the guy does hold it later akin to one, and they even played a chick sound to mislead you further. And yeah, nevermind they also showing the worm house with some other worms crawling on the side.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Ok so I was right ... no chickens. Thanks
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Earthworms. They eat compost and poop out dirt. How my family does gardening using that dirt. It is actually a lot cleaner than pigs eating compost.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Ahhhhh!! I thought it was a baby chick! +1 yucko vote from me! 😱
  • Options
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yeah, it is most likely a compost, it's actually kind of a neat idea, but the box looks a lot like the bee box though.

bee-box-enraged.jpg
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    SimsBro wrote: »

If you look at 0:46, you can see it's way too long to be a chick, although the guy does hold it later akin to one, and they even played a chick sound to mislead you further. And yeah, nevermind they also showing the worm house with some other worms crawling on the side.

Why would they cuddle a yellow worm ?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    SimsBro wrote: »

Why would they cuddle a yellow worm ?

So they could reuse an animation and pad out the pack.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @luthienrising wait... what? it's not for composting to use as fertilizer. insect farm? .... speechless but again I was right ... not chicks! lol I am not good at speculation.
  • Options
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    @luthienrising wait... what? it's not for composting to use as fertilizer. insect farm? .... speechless but aian I was right ... not chicks! lol I am not good at speculation.

You can eat crickets :) My local grocery store sells cricket flour and dried crickets.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited May 2020

oh, I thought it was to be used for composting because that would...actually fit well with the pack. You could use trash to get fertilizer or something similar... and use it on your plants...
  • Options
    Moved on to my 7th game changer's video. They still say chickens lol.
  • Options
    @luthienrising ... interesting! thanks
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

It's a bug hotel. :smiley: The huge yellow bug does look a bit like a baby chicken but you don't keep baby chicken in that sort of box.
  • Options

Well you know what they say... probably tastes like chicken.
  • Options
    @SimsBro .... so funny!
  • Options
    muzemuze Posts: 108 Member

What?? Why would there be a chicken in that box/drawer
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Probably to sell you on the pack since the video does somehow mislead you to think it's a chick (they even added a chick sound/made it a yellow worm), and by far most people still find certain insects or worms to be disgusting as opposed to chicks which are widely hailed as cute.
  • Options
    @muze ... that's what I thought. I live in the country and these gamechangers seem so young and unaware sometimes. I yelled at my TV "that's not a chick!"
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Game changers are EA’s free marketing. Don’t blindly take their word on this they’ve shown their true colors before, and I’ve already seen some dubious comments from some of the bigger ones. They may be fans, but they are also integral to EA selling this game. Remember that before you take their early access impressions on an unreleased DLC.
  • Options
    TeamAngryTomTeamAngryTom Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2020
    :) 😂😂
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Someone said maybe a wormery (worm compost)?

resize,m_fixed,h_1100,w_1100

I have one of those and my worms never turned into crickets.