Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ladders In A Patch...

LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
It shows a ladder in the Eco-Living trailer. The first assumption of complainers is that something that's quite important to building, on a level with foundations, (ha ha) will be something they have to pay for. EA is no angel, but this is a building item, not a prop. I'm convinced it will come in a pre-game patch.

What I can believe is that Eco-Living will come with Ladder-Skins.
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Eh maybe not. If enough people hinge their purchase on ladders coming in this lackluster pack then they won’t give them away for free until they get the money first. That’s how it went with strangerville and laptops.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m not getting my hopes up. There were other things we thought would get patched and they didn’t.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I note that nowhere in the notes for what you can do in the pack does it promote 'ladders'. Yet, there they are. It means that ladders will simply be out by the time of the game - in other words, next Update.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i hope they are patched in, they're just slightly re-done ladders from island living. doesn't justify the cost.
    Loanet wrote: »
    I note that nowhere in the notes for what you can do in the pack does it promote 'ladders'. Yet, there they are. It means that ladders will simply be out by the time of the game - in other words, next Update.

I’m hoping so!! And I hope they can be used indoors as well!

• SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    Ah yes, the good old days of Sims 3 where the release of Seasons meant all world oceans were open for free in a patch... yeah good luck getting anything similiar from the current sims team.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member

Well, that is good news. I quite like all the rusted and used looking items, they will make building and decorating more interesting. And ladders have been needed for so long, they really should have been patched in ages ago and definitely with Tiny Living, but better late, as they say.

However, I have a feeling that like Island Living and Strangerville, once you have played through cleaning up the town once there won't be a great deal of replay. And lots seems to be recycled content. And no sign as yet of a new kitchen, the one shown today was the industrial base game one, which is one of my favourites, but I really hope there is another one yet to be revealed. I fear there isn't though. And we desperately need a new kitchen. Now to wait for the recycled toilet. :smile:
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @LMcGE I may be wrong but I think I just saw a mention that if you *don't* clean up the town, it gets worse. So there's a chance that unlike Sulani or Strangerville, this will need continued care? It's not really replay value per se but it adds a little to the gameplay if it's not once-and-done.
    (seconding the need for new kitchen designs, from a builder POV)

I'm glad the ladders are base game. It's been a long time coming and they'll make building more fun :D
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I REALLY REALLY HOPE that they finally have all the candles, most of the bathtubs & sinks for off-the-grid. It would go better with the Eco Living.
    edited May 2020
    I told you so. I completely told you so. Eco Lifestyle simply comes with some ladder SKINS, and future packs will probably come up with them, just as packs come up with Stair skins. We could use some new kinds of counters though.

So I wonder what the people who raged about ladders will complain about instead. Probably the size of the pack, which they should have been concentrated on anyway.

Continued care is a good thing. It means if you prefer to live in a cesspit you still can. Sounds like more options to people who like forcing their Sims to wallow in filth. Also, it means it's replayable, which is better than Strangerville - which is replayable but doesn't really FEEL replayable.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Imma go try and build a spaceship with those bad boys when they're released!
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Oh I’m glad they are patched in!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    aaaaa finally ladders its been on my list of needs since ts4 released TT

im really glad that they come in update too

cause buying ep for them after all this time woulda just made me a little annoyed :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I enjoy ladders being patched in, but why do I have the strange feeling that kids wont be able to use them because reasons?
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I sincerely hope that it can be connected to the roof as well as the basement. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Do you think it will be possible to connect them between multiple floors? Like one huge ladder on the side of a building?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Well that’s nice. I’m so glad I don’t have to pay $40 for ladders cause I’m embarrassed to say I probably would.
    I know I'm kind of late and bumpy, but... Look! I was completely right!

Ladders came in a base-game patch, and a ladder-skin came in Eco. I really think it would be nice to have more than one ladder-skin by now though, just as we have more than one staircase-skin.
    I know this thread is about ladders but why are stairs so convoluted? It’s like impossible to make CC stairs

• lesometalesometa Posts: 14 New Member
    I want spiral staircases back!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I want spiral stairs back too. :'(