Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Appreciation Thread

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
Let's discuss what we're looking forward to in Eco Lifestyle. Also what plans you have for the pack. Starting a new family. Moving an existing family?

Edited to add the blog.

Change the World
In Evergreen Harbor, every action you take and decision you make influences the state of the world around you. The cleaner Evergreen Harbor gets, the more you’ll see nature thriving. You determine whether the skies are smoggy or clear enough to see the aurora borealis glimmering above. Let garbage pile up on the streets of your neighborhood or clean it up to create lush green walking paths in town. It’s up to you!

Upgrade Your Home
New updates in Build/Buy encourage going green, too. For the first time, you can offset your bills with wind turbines, solar panels, and dew collectors. Reduce your eco footprint and invest in a living rooftop for a splash of bright color. Inside, choose between gorgeous new furniture (sustainably made, of course) or upcycle someone else’s junk into beautiful items!

Make or Break It
Speaking of reclaiming and repurposing things, why don’t you check out a new job as a maker? As you go around town, keep an eye out for collectibles and materials for your next project. Brave Sims might try dumpster diving for resources like dyes, bits and pieces, and ingredients—as long as they don’t mind the smell. Choose the Freelance Crafter career to fill mail and internet orders for your candles, fizzy juices, upcycled objects, and more! Or try to encourage your neighbors to vote for a community maker space where you can all craft together.

Use Your Voice
Unused community spaces are going to waste—literally, as a dump. Rally your neighbors to decide how to use it. To get that maker space, you’re going to need support. Want a shared planting space with vertical gardens instead? Vote for it! Every week, you can join your new community in voting for a Neighborhood Action Plan. Transform the shared lot, promote the performing arts, suggest a weekly workout, demand an upcycling initiative, or explore the many other options on the board. Just know that you could end up wearing a paper bag on your head if things go sideways….

Whatever you do in Evergreen Harbor, know that you are changing the world.
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Ladders. Hopefully they can be placed inside too.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    All the 'crafty' things - candle making, fruity drink making, upcycling, etc.
    All the new CAS and B/B
    The new job/career
    The maker space
    The little bug house thingy
    The new world
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    CAS I love the hair and looking forward to seeing what kind of gameplay they have for this pack.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Me, the crafts! I love that they included juice making and candle making and also the ability to make furniture out of garbage. It'll give my sims more ways of making money.

I also want to try those different votes to make the community space different everytime, depending on the sim i'm playing.

And i'm looking so forward to play this dirty world just as it is. It'll make for great stories, i'm sure!
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    BUG HUGGING :heart:

Screenshot-2020-05-06-at-17-58-23.png

Alright there are some things I like about this pack. I kinda laughed when I saw this :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I hope all the junky clutter will be available to decorate with. I feel San Myshuno spice district Lots getting a makeover :)

I wonder if the new bikes are electric. And what we can do with the bug house.

I love all the crafty stuff, I enjoy having my sims make things.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    The craft stuff for sure!!! I’ve been wanting more crafting and hobbies for my sims for sooooooo long.

I think this pack looks interesting and I’m looking forward to more info.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I also want Hybrid Cars I know I'm reaching ok but it would be cool.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’m looking forward to finding out how vertical planters work and whether they’re just decor or if we can add harvestable to them.

I’m also hoping to add those solar panels and wind turbines to some of my existing houses.

Plus I’d like to find out how many options there are for the community space and how many uses it can have.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    For the sake of positivity, I like that there are more things to create, like the candles and bottles. And I like that there is a grungy themed world - I really hope we can choose to keep it that way. The new sofa and chair also looked nice.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It seems that the world starts at a default point and it can improve or regress depending on sims actions. That sounds very interesting. I've read it on a press release.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Crafty stuff!

And solar panels, and wind turbines, and vertical gardens, and ladders

And a world that looks like Urban Houses/Urban Residential that isn't apartments. Seriously, except for the smog, there are parts of Evergreen Harbor that could pass for areas just blocks from where I live. (Where I live would be Evergreen Harbor at possibly about the half-way point to gentrification/cleaned up... except without the mountains or the northern lights). I'm really hoping the lots are close together.

That Ceramic 3D printer looks really cool. At least I think that's what was used for making the vacuum used towards the end of the trailer. Even if you can't actually make the vacuum.

Really, the more I watch the trailer and read the press stuff, the more interested I am in this expansion, and I was already interested when the name leaked.
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited May 2020
    *The Crafts (So happy to see candle making!)
    *The new career
    *DUMPSTER Diving!
    *New CAS / Build items (Looks like new clothing for children and toddlers are included this time, yay! :) )
    *Ladders

Also, my 'theory'/prediction is that this Fall we'd possibly be getting Farming. That's what I'm thinking, seems to be a good time to release a farming pack. :) Because the little thing where the Sim cuddles the animal in his hand, to me, looked like a baby chicken(?) but other players are saying it's a bug? I don't know. lol. At one point, yes, I did see bugs on the little house thing, but .... I keep having to play it over and over again to see it, but I could have SWORN I heard it chirp, like a baby chicken.. who knows.

I'm probably wrong and it is some critter, but that's just my predictions for this November in terms of expansion packs. :P

Because, I'm going back and constantly looking at it from the angle.. maybe it's a big Caterpillar O.o I don't know...(OOH just had a thought! What if it is a caterpillar, and then they turn into butterflies and you can release them!?)*edit*. I guess I'm just really wanting chicken coops and farm animals (I'd love Alpacas, cows, chickens, goats, sheep, etc, so that we could get wool, goat milk, and eggs, etc to make cheese, or other ingredients to add more stuff to the cooking skill, and baking skill! as well as more things to use to knit for when we get the knitting pack!) :)
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm looking forward to the variable world, scavenging, new crafting methods and a lot of the decor seems really nice. The solar panels and turbines will also dovetail nicely with off-the-grid lots.
  • Options
    LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    The grungy world will be a nice setting for apocalyse-themed stories.

I am so excited for more crafting/hobbies! I am very interested in learning more about the bug house.

The build/buy assets look very nice. I always like modern/natural-looking assets.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    I'm not buying this at all, but the Caterpillars that hopefully turn into beautiful butterflies. Got my attention.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited May 2020

... until it jumps in your ear and take the control of your brain >:)

Look at him... stretched piercing, nosering, eyebrow ring
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    I actually love all of it lol.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Screenshot-2020-05-06-at-17-58-23.png

This but unironically?

Looks like some great new build stuff so far. I'm looking forward to replacing my container houses with way better looking ones, plus green roofs, vertical gardens, and the like. I'm likely to play through the neighbourhood improvement once and then we'll see what I want to leave it as. Probably the pretty version, mostly, though. Love the setting -- it's very Northwest Coast -- reminds me of places some of my family live out there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Two things I liked in the trailer was the candle making and one women's hair style and I'm sure there will be more CAS items I like.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited May 2020
    - New crafting options
    - The concept of a changing world (not just getting better, but able to get worse again)
    - Grungy style
    - Ladders
    - Amazing story backdrop
    - For a moment there was a bicycle/motorbike variant shown

- Worms? If they produce something or can be used for cooking.