Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle, or The Sims 4 Is Done

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member

I agree that the Sims themselves need fleshed out a lot. We need to give them more of a dynamic than just traits. The team seem to be giving our Sims more stuff to do, and very little on improving on Sims' personalities. A trait can only do so much.
    Do you know what is the tragedy? I am so desperate for ANY new content, for at least a new world for my sims to discover, that I am probably going to buy this EP anyway, sooner or later. I am nearly always disappointed, but I just keep hoping that every new EP will be better than it initially looks... I am part of the problem *sigh*.

I have a feeling you aren't the only one who does this. It's a vicious cycle sometimes. You buy content > You get bored > You buy content > You get bored.

And EA feeds off of that cycle too which sucks big time...
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    sometimes i genuinely feel like i'm only playing because of the sunk cost fallacy (both literally as in money and figuratively as in time)

it's just frustrating that interpersonal stuff between sims get put on the backburner for shiny new... ladders? crafting? please just fix extended family trees so i don't have to constantly make sure my sim cousins or in-laws aren't hitting on each other.
  • Options
    Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Now that I've watched the live stream, and the response to it, I'd say this thread seems way off the mark. The trailers just didn't do the pack justice.
    We'll see what happens when people actually start getting into the pack (and the free update), but this could actually help to revive people's optimism in the franchise.

I do not judge the health of the franchise based on the optimism of a community. People who have invested time and money in a game are--for better or worse--likely to want to justify their investments.

Based on the level of the effort the team is putting in the game, though, the game is dead. There is nothing that is being done with this pack to fix core issues with the game that have existed from day one. Their lack of interest in fixing these, and lack of creative investment in these packs, is what speaks to the sickness of the franchise. THEY are done with it. We SHOULD be. But I never said they wouldn't make money off the "optimism" of the community while they can.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Placebo7 wrote: »
    Now that I've watched the live stream, and the response to it, I'd say this thread seems way off the mark. The trailers just didn't do the pack justice.
    We'll see what happens when people actually start getting into the pack (and the free update), but this could actually help to revive people's optimism in the franchise.

I do not judge the health of the franchise based on the optimism of a community. People who have invested time and money in a game are--for better or worse--likely to want to justify their investments.

Based on the level of the effort the team is putting in the game, though, the game is dead. There is nothing that is being done with this pack to fix core issues with the game that have existed from day one. Their lack of interest in fixing these, and lack of creative investment in these packs, is what speaks to the sickness of the franchise. THEY are done with it. We SHOULD be. But I never said they wouldn't make money off the "optimism" of the community while they can.

This game is definitely not for you then. I don't see what you are seeing at all. Do you just have the Base Pack?
  • Options
    Placebo7Placebo7 Posts: 107 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

This game is definitely not for you then. I don't see what you are seeing at all. Do you just have the Base Pack?

I have played The Sims since the early 2000s. I love the Sims. I agree that TS4 isn't for me, but that is a tragedy of the franchise. I have some packs. They don't do anything to fix the problems with the base game. Here's a video that might help you see them. It's definitely not just me. Many long-time Simmers feel this way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O41yW6qlOIM

"it's adding width without adding depth, leaving the game in the same shallow state"
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2020
    Simburian wrote: »

I have played The Sims since the early 2000s. I love the Sims. I agree that TS4 isn't for me, but that is a tragedy of the franchise. I have some packs. They don't do anything to fix the problems with the base game. Here's a video that might help you see them. It's definitely not just me. Many long-time Simmers feel this way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O41yW6qlOIM

"it's adding width without adding depth, leaving the game in the same shallow state"

I probably don't see them as maybe I don't play as you do and having all the sets gives me so much to do and build I can put up with them. I enjoyed the first two iterations, the third gave me problems but I enjoyed the first few packs but this one just suits me. It's nice that all tastes are provided for in the 4 iterations isn't it?