Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ladders!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Danimals_BetchDanimals_Betch Posts: 4 New Member
    My sims won't use the new ladder no matter what I do! It's placed in the right spot, no obstructions. Yet when my sim goes to climb up, they get the thought bubble that says there's something in the way. I uploaded a house from the gallery from a user who tested the ladder and it worked, but I got the same problem. I even repaired my game - still not working! Does anyone have any ideas??
  • Options
    AbebiAbebi Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="Danimals_🐸🐸🐸🐸;c-17527161"]My sims won't use the new ladder no matter what I do! It's placed in the right spot, no obstructions. Yet when my sim goes to climb up, they get the thought bubble that says there's something in the way. I uploaded a house from the gallery from a user who tested the ladder and it worked, but I got the same problem. I even repaired my game - still not working! Does anyone have any ideas??[/quote]

I have the same problem 😩 Without the Mods file it’s working.
    But I don’t know which mod is coursing the issue
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Okay this happened to me last night. I moved my Sim to that container lot that comes with the new world. This lot already had a ladder connecting the levels. Well my Sim could not go up that ladder. He kept getting that route fail bubble.

What I did was teleport him up to the second floor and then selecting the ladder to go back down to the first floor. This worked. He was able to climb down the ladder. Then I told him to climb back up and it worked. So that was very weird but it works now. The ladder functions normally.
  • Options
    > @Abebi said:
    > [quote="Danimals_🌺🌺🌺🌺;c-17527161"]My sims won't use the new ladder no matter what I do! It's placed in the right spot, no obstructions. Yet when my sim goes to climb up, they get the thought bubble that says there's something in the way. I uploaded a house from the gallery from a user who tested the ladder and it worked, but I got the same problem. I even repaired my game - still not working! Does anyone have any ideas??[/quote]
    >
    >
    > I have the same problem 😩 Without the Mods file it’s working.
    > But I don’t know which mod is coursing the issue
    >

Hmm...I will try to disable mods and see if it works! The only actual mod that I have is Slice of Life, the rest is CC.
  • Options
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > Okay this happened to me last night. I moved my Sim to that container lot that comes with the new world. This lot already had a ladder connecting the levels. Well my Sim could not go up that ladder. He kept getting that route fail bubble.
    >
    > What I did was teleport him up to the second floor and then selecting the ladder to go back down to the first floor. This worked. He was able to climb down the ladder. Then I told him to climb back up and it worked. So that was very weird but it works now. The ladder functions normally.

Interesting!! I'll try this as well..
  • Options
    loulouloulou Posts: 71 Member
    My Sim wouldn't go up the ladder at first either, just waved her hand with a routing error. She was on the first floor so I went up to the second floor to check the top of the ladder wasn't blocked, nothing there, selected the ladder from the second floor for her to climb and she went up no problem. She's used it up and down fine ever since. Maybe that first routing is a bit glitchy but once you get them to use it once they seem fine with it.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    So they can't be used for bunk beds?
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    > @Danimals_🐸🐸🐸🐸 said:
    > > @Chazzzy said:
    > > Okay this happened to me last night. I moved my Sim to that container lot that comes with the new world. This lot already had a ladder connecting the levels. Well my Sim could not go up that ladder. He kept getting that route fail bubble.
    > >
    > > What I did was teleport him up to the second floor and then selecting the ladder to go back down to the first floor. This worked. He was able to climb down the ladder. Then I told him to climb back up and it worked. So that was very weird but it works now. The ladder functions normally.
    >
    > Interesting!! I'll try this as well..

UPDATE - this worked! Teleported upstairs, selected "Slide Down" (bc climb down wasn't working either..), and they were able to use the ladder regularly after that. I had to do this for each individual sim. Weird but at least there's a fix. Thank you @Chazzzy :)