Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play to change in The Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack!

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Do we know yet what happens if a community space lot is placed where there are no other residential lots? I've been thinking I might want to change Municipal Muses or Movers & Shakers into a community space, but I'm concerned there won't be any sims to vote on the space. I've looked around and I haven't found any info. Would I need to use a cheat for making the lot change?

From my understanding there isn’t a way to do that. SG George said you had to have at least one residential lot in the neighborhood those lots were placed in. So you’d have to move a house in that area to be able to mess with it.

• Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Do we know yet what happens if a community space lot is placed where there are no other residential lots? I've been thinking I might want to change Municipal Muses or Movers & Shakers into a community space, but I'm concerned there won't be any sims to vote on the space. I've looked around and I haven't found any info. Would I need to use a cheat for making the lot change?

From my understanding there isn’t a way to do that. SG George said you had to have at least one residential lot in the neighborhood those lots were placed in. So you’d have to move a house in that area to be able to mess with it.

Aww, darn. So much for that idea. I think I'll do what Lilsimsie did in one of her remodel videos, and make a nice space with everything; garden, crafting/making devices and sales tables. Thanks for the info! :)
  • TinyWhiteThangTinyWhiteThang Posts: 15 Member
    took their time to add in a female gay couple to the series but adding two in the same world when there are only 4 families is a tad odd. not to mention it takes them 5 years to do it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Actually there's an L couple in Island Living.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    took their time to add in a female gay couple to the series but adding two in the same world when there are only 4 families is a tad odd. not to mention it takes them 5 years to do it.

I really don't see how the sims team adding "official" same-sex couples is a big deal, players, myself included, have been making them for years. :-/ But that's just me though.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • GPHGPH Posts: 67 Member
    Hi everyone, I would like to make an urgent announcement for all the Simmers on here that play the Sims games. This also includes the Sims studio team that create the Sims games who also need to know about this....

All the items that still need to go onto the Sims 4 are....

MISSING ITEMS:
    ———————————————————
    * School bus!
    * Tree house!
    * Offices!
    * Trampoline!
    * Fire alarm/ smoke alarm!
    * Belly piercings!
    * Police car!
    * Fire engine!
    * Taxi!
    * Extra ear piercings!
    * Extra nose piercings!
    * Tongue piercings!
    * Ducks!
    * Ponds!
    * Rivers for ducks and swans!
    * Mermaids!
    * Birds!
    * Loft ladder!
    * House lofts!
    * Garden shed!
    * Administration departments!
    * Sweet shop departments!
    * Chocolate shop departments!
    * Music shop departments!
    * Retail supermarket departments!
    * Coal mine cave departments!
    * Quarry departments!
    * School departments!
    * College departments!
    * Church departments!
    * Airport departments!
    * Bakery departments!
    * Salon beauty departments!
    * Planes for travelling!
    * Helicopters for travelling!
    * Tractors for travelling!
    * Vans for travelling!
    * Cars for travelling!
    * Lorries for travelling!
    * Bikes for travelling!
    * Motor bikes for travelling!
    * Hot air balloon for travelling!
    * Buses for travelling!
    * Trains for travelling!
    * Farm yard departments!
    * Cinema departments!
    * Farm yard jobs!
    * Sheep!
    * Pigs!
    * Lions!
    * Giraffes!
    * Cheetas!
    * Leopards!
    * Squirls!
    * Insects!
    * Rabbits!
    * Cows!
    * Deers! — Doe’s and stag’s!
    * Donkeys!
    * Frogs!
    * Fish!
    * Geese!
    * Goose!
    * Swans!
    * Wilder beasts!
    * Ostridge!
    * Cafe jobs!
    * School uniform!
    * Work uniform!
    * Work customer assistant jobs!
    * Work shop floor assistant jobs!
    * Swimmer trainer jobs!
    * Traffic lights!
    * Hamsters!
    * Hamster cages!
    * Rabbit cages!
    * Guinea pig cages!
    * Cat beds!
    * Dog beds!
    * Barns!
    * Hay for fields!
    * Colourful climbing frames!
    * Pool slides!
    * Inflatable pool castles!
    * Inflatable pool slides!
    * Mazes!
    * Cold ice areas for penguins and sea lions!
    * Castle departments!
    * Leisure centre departments!
    * Car parks for all vehicles!
    * Petrol station!
    * Zebra crossings!
    * Zoo!
    * Safari park!
    * Flamingos!
    * Hedgehogs!
    * Penguins!
    * Polar bears!
    * Sea lions!
    * Killer whales!
    * Whales!
    * Forest!
    * Jungle!
    * Mansion departments!
    * Museum departments!
    * Game shop departments!
    * Phone shop departments!
    * Clothe shop departments!
    * Shoe shop departments!
    * Gym departments!
    * Bag shop departments!
    * Swimming pool slides!
    * Diving boards!
    * Jewellery shop departments!
    * Buy a vehicle garage departments!
    * Caves!
    * Safari parks with wild animals!
    * Pirate ship!
    * Boats!
    * Harbour!
    * Pirate suits!
    * Club departments!
    * Buy a pet departments!
    * Dog leed!
    * Cat leed!
    * Extra long slides for parks and swimming pools!
    * Diving board for swimming pools!
    * Rollercoaster theme parks!
    * Bouncy castle!

———————————————————
    If everyone wants the Sims 4 game to be fun and full of joy and excitement then we need those missing items from above. They are the only things left that the Sims 4 game needs and then the Sims 4 game is fully completed. Plz share this post everyday on the Sims Forums to nag these Sims studio people who make the games to add these missing items onto the Sims 4 game!

PLZ SHARE THIS POST!!!!!!
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    GPH wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I would like to make an urgent announcement for all the Simmers on here that play the Sims games. This also includes the Sims studio team that create the Sims games who also need to know about this....

MISSING ITEMS:

(list cut from quote to save space)

If everyone wants the Sims 4 game to be fun and full of joy and excitement then we need those missing items from above. They are the only things left that the Sims 4 game needs and then the Sims 4 game is fully completed. Plz share this post everyday on the Sims Forums to nag these Sims studio people who make the games to add these missing items onto the Sims 4 game!

Your list is missing body hair.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Do the community centre lots always have to be 30x40 lots
  • TinyWhiteThangTinyWhiteThang Posts: 15 Member
    > @SERVERFRA said:
    > Actually there's an L couple in Island Living.

oops my bad still took them a while in comparison with the pets couple but they could have added another gay male couple instead of two female gay couples
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited May 2020

MISSING ITEMS:
    ———————————————————
    * School bus!
    * Tree house!
    * Offices!
    * Trampoline!
    * Fire alarm/ smoke alarm!
    * Belly piercings!
    * Police car!
    * Fire engine!
    * Taxi!
    * Extra ear piercings!
    * Extra nose piercings!
    * Tongue piercings!
    * Ducks!
    * Ponds!
    * Rivers for ducks and swans!
    * Mermaids!
    * Birds!
    * Loft ladder!
    * House lofts!
    * Garden shed!
    * Administration departments!
    * Sweet shop departments!
    * Chocolate shop departments!
    * Music shop departments!
    * Retail supermarket departments!
    * Coal mine cave departments!
    * Quarry departments!
    * School departments!
    * College departments!
    * Church departments!
    * Airport departments!
    * Bakery departments!
    * Salon beauty departments!
    * Planes for travelling!
    * Helicopters for travelling!
    * Tractors for travelling!
    * Vans for travelling!
    * Cars for travelling!
    * Lorries for travelling!
    * Bikes for travelling!
    * Motor bikes for travelling!
    * Hot air balloon for travelling!
    * Buses for travelling!
    * Trains for travelling!
    * Farm yard departments!
    * Cinema departments!
    * Farm yard jobs!
    * Sheep!
    * Pigs!
    * Lions!
    * Giraffes!
    * Cheetas!
    * Leopards!
    * Squirls!
    * Insects!
    * Rabbits!
    * Cows!
    * Deers! — Doe’s and stag’s!
    * Donkeys!
    * Frogs!
    * Fish!
    * Geese!
    * Goose!
    * Swans!
    * Wilder beasts!
    * Ostridge!
    * Cafe jobs!
    * School uniform!
    * Work uniform!
    * Work customer assistant jobs!
    * Work shop floor assistant jobs!
    * Swimmer trainer jobs!
    * Traffic lights!
    * Hamsters!
    * Hamster cages!
    * Rabbit cages!
    * Guinea pig cages!
    * Cat beds!
    * Dog beds!
    * Barns!
    * Hay for fields!
    * Colourful climbing frames!
    * Pool slides!
    * Inflatable pool castles!
    * Inflatable pool slides!
    * Mazes!
    * Cold ice areas for penguins and sea lions!
    * Castle departments!
    * Leisure centre departments!
    * Car parks for all vehicles!
    * Petrol station!
    * Zebra crossings!
    * Zoo!
    * Safari park!
    * Flamingos!
    * Hedgehogs!
    * Penguins!
    * Polar bears!
    * Sea lions!
    * Killer whales!
    * Whales!
    * Forest!
    * Jungle!
    * Mansion departments!
    * Museum departments!
    * Game shop departments!
    * Phone shop departments!
    * Clothe shop departments!
    * Shoe shop departments!
    * Gym departments!
    * Bag shop departments!
    * Swimming pool slides!
    * Diving boards!
    * Jewellery shop departments!
    * Buy a vehicle garage departments!
    * Caves!
    * Safari parks with wild animals!
    * Pirate ship!
    * Boats!
    * Harbour!
    * Pirate suits!
    * Club departments!
    * Buy a pet departments!
    * Dog leed!
    * Cat leed!
    * Extra long slides for parks and swimming pools!
    * Diving board for swimming pools!
    * Rollercoaster theme parks!
    * Bouncy castle!

———————————————————

You are asking for a lot of stuff that we already have in the basegame or in various packs (ponds, fire alarms, mermaids, ladders, insects, frogs, fish, hamsters, hedgehogs, cat & dog beds -- what we don't have is dog houses -- forests, jungles, pirate costumes etc). You need to update your list to reflect the current state of the game. You are also demanding a lot things that Sims games have never had, particularly helicopters and planes, zoos with wild animals, killer whales, etc, which is not exactly fair. I do agree with you about a few, a very few things, that we used to have in past versions of the Sim and ought in fairness to get again, however. Yes, we should once again receive trampolines (from Sims 2), pool slides (also from sims 2), pet birds (from Sims games going back to Sims 1), diving boards (from every sims game except this one), and roller coasters (available in Sims 1 Makin' Magic and again in the TS3 store).

I personally don't care if the carpool never returns, but I would like vehicles in general to come back, along with boats that hold more than 1 sim, like in TS3's Island Paradise. Anyway, the point is that anyone who has ever played the Sims could make up their own detailed list, which would look very different than yours, so creating one that you frame as a series of demands is not going to be that persuasive. I'd like a lot of features and gameplay objects to come back to the game too, like burglar and police NPCS, bunkbeds, food processors, kids' toys (xylophones, small huggable teddies, bake ovens, lemonade stands, imaginary friends), just to name a few. Fortunately, I have hope that the Sims team is working to bring at least some of them back, especially after this latest free update that is coming with the Eco Lifestyle pack.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    @GPH This thread is not the appropriate place for that list. You would make do making a new separate post instead.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• BansheesHeartBansheesHeart Posts: 26 Member
    I'm so very excited for this pack! This was on my top list instead of laundry day! I'm so happy it got its own expansion pack instead of just a game pack!
    Guys there’s nothing wrong with having your own ideas on a list. I didn’t just put them on there I thought about it first after looking on my Sims 4 game to see what was missing. There are so many things missing and I’m hoping for the Sims 4 game to be the best game ever, better than any other Sims game that might be made in the future. When it is about the (Sims Forums Website) itself and where I post the same missing items post, if it’s really effecting your life cuz you find it annoying or if it’s cuz I’m putting it in the wrong place then tell me. But that’s not going to stop me from posting it onto the Sims Forums website. To be honest I’ve played all the Sims games more than using the Sims Forums and I haven’t used the Sims Forums website for a year yet. I didn’t even tho that the Sims games had its own website either until it was mentioned by 1 of my friends. So plz either help me and teach me about where to put these idea posts, or just don’t bother using the Sims Forums if all of everyone’s ideas are annoying you!
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    (92) 🌺🌺🌺🌺 piercing!

Hmm, could be anything :lol:

giphy.gif
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Guys there’s nothing wrong with having your own ideas on a list. I didn’t just put them on there I thought about it first after looking on my Sims 4 game to see what was missing. There are so many things missing and I’m hoping for the Sims 4 game to be the best game ever, better than any other Sims game that might be made in the future. When it is about the (Sims Forums Website) itself and where I post the same missing items post, if it’s really effecting your life cuz you find it annoying or if it’s cuz I’m putting it in the wrong place then tell me. But that’s not going to stop me from posting it onto the Sims Forums website. To be honest I’ve played all the Sims games more than using the Sims Forums and I haven’t used the Sims Forums website for a year yet. I didn’t even tho that the Sims games had its own website either until it was mentioned by 1 of my friends. So plz either help me and teach me about where to put these idea posts, or just don’t bother using the Sims Forums if all of everyone’s ideas are annoying you!

I recommend you start your own thread on a different board -- either the General board or the Speculation board. As was already mentioned, this thread is not the place to to post long lists of things that you want in the game since it is supposed to be about the new Expansion pack, Eco Lifestyle, exclusively. The best way to get your requests to the gurus is to participate in some of the surveys they put online from time to time, and write in the comments what you want, and more importantly, why you want it.

And your list is still out of date, since some elements on it are currently in the game. We have, or will soon have, many useable insects (from OR and EL), hedgehogs (playable as small pets in MFPS), seagulls (chaseable in C&D, IL), nose piercings (including a septum ring -- with EL). The other animals you mention (birds, bats, squirrels, etc) and more are present as FX and you didn't specify why you wanted them so technically they are also already in game as well.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I am counting down the days when I can do a test game with this pack. I'll create a daywalker just for this purpose. I want to wait to see what mods come out after this pack. I really want one that will set water (pollution) on fire. So I can do a proper dystopian game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jxV6BbREfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsfAIgP22p0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18JpT61rX6A
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    Pre-ordered :)
    This looks like fun :D
    So much to do here. B)
    I'm trying to wait patiently ;)
  • LegSimmerLegSimmer Posts: 3 New Member
    :( so disappointing. Every new release is more disappointing than the last. Get Famous didn't have as many features as Showtime did and is now permanently glitched. Sulani is a poor mans version of Island Paradise, Discover University is missing sorority and frats among other things and now this "expansion" pack? YAWN almost puts me to sleep as hard as "nifty knitting" will.
    How do you make your own channel on the Sims Forums for your own post ideas about the Sims 4?
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    LegSimmer wrote: »
    :( so disappointing. Every new release is more disappointing than the last. Get Famous didn't have as many features as Showtime did and is now permanently glitched. Sulani is a poor mans version of Island Paradise, Discover University is missing sorority and frats among other things and now this "expansion" pack? YAWN almost puts me to sleep as hard as "nifty knitting" will.

At this with eco you have noting else to compare with. Yea agree island living is just soooooo empty gameplay wise it is a joke.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm having a bit of a change of heart over this pack.

I'm not too keen on the eco theme but I like the idea of community lots and NAPs. And a new world means more lots. However one thing that concerns me is the eco footprint in all worlds. I really do hope I don't have to redo every lot in the other worlds to make them eco-friendly. Not every household should be eating insects and juice fizzing.

I know we can switch the footprint off but not without switching off the NAPs too apparently.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I'm not too keen on the eco theme but I like the idea of community lots and NAPs. And a new world means more lots. However one thing that concerns me is the eco footprint in all worlds. I really do hope I don't have to redo every lot in the other worlds to make them eco-friendly. Not every household should be eating insects and juice fizzing.

I know we can switch the footprint off but not without switching off the NAPs too apparently.

I'm pretty sure the impact in other worlds than EH will be minor. There won't be piles of garbage, etc. I think you get the smog and acid rain, and the northern light. If you want trash to pile up it can only be done on lots if you add certain lot traits.

I'm looking forward to more diverse hoods, hoping those average homes won't cause too much of a change and that the pollution will not swing too frequently.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the impact in other worlds than EH will be minor. There won't be piles of garbage, etc. I think you get the smog and acid rain, and the northern light. If you want trash to pile up it can only be done on lots if you add certain lot traits.

I'm looking forward to more diverse hoods, hoping those average homes won't cause too much of a change and that the pollution will not swing too frequently.

I think it will be fine if lots are kept at least neutral. You get smog in polluted state, I think neutral is how things are now without the EP, and eco state will have aurora and sparklies.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Have they shared any info yet if the degrees from DU have any effect on this pack's gameplay? Or how it would complement the Conservationist career from IL?