Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wild thought, but could Eco living be the pack for cars?

Let's think about it for a second. Obviously, cars aren't eco friendly, but I could see them patching in like two or three cars for free (like they did with dishwashers) and then adding more eco friendly cars to the game that could give sims positive buffs when riding in them. The same buffs could be added to bikes. If there's an eco friendly trait, sims that have that could get angry or sad when close to normal cars and either refuse to ride in them or get strong negative buffs when they do.

What do you think? This is really kind of a wild guess and I don't think people should get their hopes up, but I can see them foing this. Also, if cars aren't in the trailer, let's just agree that this thread is dead. If cars are coming, they're going to showcase them in the trailer.

Comments

• Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    It would be the opposite of eco living if it was!
  • Options
    MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    There could be electric cars
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    It would be the opposite of eco living if it was!

Did you read the post? Of course it would, but adding cars would mean they could add eco friendly alternatives, give positive and negative buffs and add gameplay for sims with an eco friendly trait, if that's something they're doing.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Cars in a pack about reducing your eco footprint doesn’t fit.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    Wild thought yes. Are we getting cars? No.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I don’t think so tbh but it would be cool! Is the livestream at the same time as the trailer or just after?
  • Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    If anything I would assume the new vehicle would be horses, assuming they'd be used in that fashion at all considering the neighborhood layouts.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Doesn't it though? I mean what's the point of electric cars then?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I just hope that bikes can be expanded to kids.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Why would they add electric cars when regular non-electric cars are not a thing? Why would a pack about eco-friendly living be the appropriate place to implement not only electric vehicles, but non-electric vehicles? That’s counter-intuitive to the whole theme they’re going for. If this game had vehicles already, sure, but it doesn’t.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I think there is a higher chance of them implementing ostriches, dragons and 100% wool flying carpets as ecological means of transportation than electric cars. Besides, walking is also very ecological.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member

Why would they add electric cars when regular non-electric cars are not a thing? Why would a pack about eco-friendly living be the appropriate place to implement not only electric vehicles, but non-electric vehicles? That’s counter-intuitive to the whole theme they’re going for. If this game had vehicles already, sure, but it doesn’t.

I dont think we'll get cars. But I guess from what I've read about choices influencing the world sims live in, perhaps that could be fitted into the theme. Like, if sims choose poorly and choose normal cars or non environmentally friendly options, then the world fills with pollution and sims get ill or something, but if we choose environmentally friendly options like riding a bike, then the world turns greener and there's lots of wildlife or something...?

Like I say, I dont think we'll get cars, but if the pack is about choices effecting the world, then possible non environmentally friendly options isnt necessarily out of the realms of the possibility. Just a thought...
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    asimbsim wrote: »

I dont think we'll get cars. But I guess from what I've read about choices influencing the world sims live in, perhaps that could be fitted into the theme. Like, if sims choose poorly and choose normal cars or non environmentally friendly options, then the world fills with pollution and sims get ill or something, but if we choose environmentally friendly options like riding a bike, then the world turns greener and there's lots of wildlife or something...?

Like I say, I dont think we'll get cars, but if the pack is about choices effecting the world, then possible non environmentally friendly options isnt necessarily out of the realms of the possibility. Just a thought...

Oh, I didn't think about that "influencing the world" thing, but you're right, cars vs electric cars or biking/walking would fit into that.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Fat chance.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Cars that your Sims will have to push themselves. It won't be eco living otherwise! :D

Unless living in your car counts? :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    My pre-trailer interest on this pack would increase considerably if they include cars lol.

The latests EP have included some modes of transportation. IL has boats and jet-skis for leisure. DU has bicycles. So who knows what Eco Living could bring.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I was thinking this exact thing. No way this can be as boring as it sounds. There must be something to it....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I think it would be an interesting thing to add and would fit the theme IF it came with non-eco modes of transport being added too.

Even if it's only in the pack and the world reflects the choices Sims make: choose a regular car and the world changes for the worse, choose an eco car and the world improves.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Electric cars I can see, but not standard cars. Electric cars are the new normal anyway.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    Cars are pointless in the Sims 4 though, I don't see why everyone wants them so much? It's a closed world, they wouldn't do anything. You wouldn't be able to get in and watch your sim drive to anyones house like in TS3 because it's a closed world, in the neighbourhoods that do have roads the road area is so small that there would be nowhere to drive. Even if they did add cars they'd just be exactly the same as the debug cars we already have access to just with a "travel" option that opens the map.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Cars are pointless in the Sims 4 though, I don't see why everyone wants them so much? It's a closed world, they wouldn't do anything. You wouldn't be able to get in and watch your sim drive to anyones house like in TS3 because it's a closed world and in the neighbourhoods that do have roads the road area is so small that there would be nowhere to drive. Even if they did add cars they'd just be exactly the same as the debug cars we already have access to just with a "travel" option that opens the map.

Well, cars in TS3 were just as pointless, you just saw them longer on the screen than you do in TS4.
  • Options
    MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    Sims 2 has cars so it could work like how it did
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I've thought about that as well. There was an mini eco store pack in TS3 that added three items: a wind turbine, a solar panel and an electric car, so I think it makes sense for it to be added. Even if they add only electric cars and no gas-fueled cars, I would already be happy, as long as there are normal looking ones, unlike the Renault Twizy from the store pack which looks kinda weird.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That would make absolutely no sense.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I totally get what OP means. Cars would be an adversary in the pack - it will add a pollution monster for our Sims to deal with. You can't really have eco friendly activities without something causing pollution right? Maybe cars could be one of those things.

giphy.gif