Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would make you enjoy Eco Lifestyle?

WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
I can't begin to express how disappointed I am at the theme they chose. It just seems they don't care at all about what we want.

But then I asked myself: what could this pack bring that would actually make it not that bad? How could it bring something that we actually asked for?

One thing I thought was cars. This would be a great opportunity for them to add those eco-cars that are not fueled by fossil fuel.

What do you think? Is there anything else that could make this pack a good one for you?

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm not even slightly interested in cars and I think an eco pack is an odd time to add them, I'd prfer them to come in a seperate pack of their own with gas stations and mechanics etc so that they are better for people asking for them. (I don't think I'd buy such a pack mind you lol!)

For me though I'd love to see greenhouses and a farmer's market.

I am in love with the eco stuff about improving the world though, it's really peaked my interest in this pack as it might be similar to Island Living which is my fav Sim pack of all time haha!

Before I read about that I was "kinda interested" and thought it'd be good but not great but now I have really high hopes for it.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    The reason the town is so eco-focused is because they want to keep their land pure and clean for dragons. If you successfully make the place a green paradise, the dragons will finally return to the land and live alongside sims.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    I would love eco friendly cars. I like the idea of dragons, werewolves, and body hair too. I wouldn't mind fairies. I could see a complete off the grid experience like in an Australian outback or in the snowy mountains. I just hope it isn't just a modern only pack but has Sims actually craft things from scratch. Basically I want a pack that doesn't remind me of the tech obsessed indoor only hermit experience we are going through now and what the Sims 4 has focused on for most of its lifetime.

I loved this side game:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRVzZnsWHSk

Also all the gameplay ideas that didn't make it could be made into the pack:
    https://simscommunity.info/2017/06/23/the-sims-4-eco-living-vote-for-gameplay-features/
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    Gordy wrote: »
    The reason the town is so eco-focused is because they want to keep their land pure and clean for dragons. If you successfully make the place a green paradise, the dragons will finally return to the land and live alongside sims.

Wow you really love dragons lmao
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

It makes sense. Can't have dragons fly in polluted air cause allergies and dragons don't mix well.

I hope so haha! I'd prefer dinosaurs to dragons but they'd be a close second haha!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    If it comes with nectar making, food preserves, candle making, soap making and a few more crafts, a local market and second hand market it's cool for me. I would add expanding bikes to children too. And i think we'll have at least one feature that will be game changing in all worlds (not sure what though).

Eta: werewolfs are pretty eco imo 😅
    telmarina wrote: »
    If it comes with nectar making, food preserves, candle making, soap making and a few more crafts, a local market and second hand market it's cool for me. I would add expanding bikes to children too. And i think we'll have at least one feature that will be game changing in all worlds (not sure what though).

Eta: werewolfs are pretty eco imo 😅

haha! I'm not intrested in werewolves but I LOVE all the other ideas, kids having bikes especially and the markets.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    We already have the flea market from city living. I would love a farmer's market or rather a crafter's market.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    We already have the flea market from city living. I would love a farmer's market or rather a crafter's market.

We do have it but it only arrives certain times and not everyone has City Living. I'd like one we could attend any time (without mods) and that works a bit better. City Living one's not really done that well.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Juice making, jam making, recycling, vegan/freegan trait, farmers market.
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    Fairies, Juice making, jam making.
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    The complete, official description is not available yet, so I can't tell exactly what make me enjoy the pack. But, based on what kind of ideas they explore when they make community stuff pack #1, I expect they round eco-living ideas well.
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Based on that description I'm going to assume that they have FINALLY figured out a way to really make sims act unique and have actual interests and personality types. So this "community" in Everbloom Whatever, when they interact with other sims who live in San Myshuno perhaps or The Hollywood with No Lots world; there will be clear distinction between actions, thought bubbles, and conversations who is eco-living and who couldn't care less.

Is this too much to ask for?
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Farmer's Market, making jarred preserves (jam, jelly, salsa, etc.), more crafts, nectar making, soap making, candle making, etc. Basically all mentioned above! Plus I hope the windmill pictured in the tease lowers bills & that there will be a solar panel too (there isn't one yet, is there? I can't remember).
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    I was one of those few people who actually predicted that we would get this pack in 2020. I’m very pleased to see, that I was right.

As a person who is very much into this theme IRL, I have some specific hopes and thoughts about this pack:

1. Many great leftover ideas from the Community Stuff Pack 1 will be featured in this pack.
    2. “Evergreen Harbour” will look like a mix between Brooklyn (New York, NY) and modern parts of Northern European cities like Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Berlin.
    3.The overall theme will be a mix between something rustic / industrial and something very modern and urban. B/B-items will also reflect this style.
    3. We will see a mix between nature and city, like industrial flats with wall or roof gardens. The B/B-items will be made of natural and sustainble materiels like wood, bamboo, rattan, wool, cotton etc. Some B/B-items might look like it’s made out of reclaimed materials.
    4. One focus will be on “community space projects” which means that the sims actually have an impact on the city. The sims will make big DIY-projects like community gardens, city architecture, art installations etc. together with other sims.
    5. Another focus will be on “reducing eco foodprint” which means using sustainable energy sources, zero wasting etc.
    6. The CAS-items will be very fashionable and edgy. We will see “remanufactured” or “thrifted” styles of clothing. Think urban hippies, hipsters and bohemians.
    7. We will probably see something added to the Off The Grid lot trait.

The key words will be: CREATIVE, URBAN, FUN and GREEN!!!!

Let’s see tomorrow. I think my hopes/predictions are fairly realistic.

Peace out! Love and harmony to you all!!!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'm amused by the odd ways people find to shoehorn cars into packs I feel are totally inappropriate for them.

I'll be happy if this EP finally makes off the grid living viable instead of the painful mishmash it is now. Oh, and ladders. Please, ladders.

I have a slight sinking feeling about the whole, work with community on a project thing. No thanks. I don't want random pear shaped monsters trudging round my lot uninvited all day. D:
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Well, I think it would be great if the new world had some great scenery. I take a lot of screenshots for my Sim story, and scenery really makes the screenshots shine. I would also like some kind of disaster. More specifically, meteor showers. It would be great for dramatic scenes.
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'm amused by the odd ways people find to shoehorn cars into packs I feel are totally inappropriate for them.

I'll be happy if this EP finally makes off the grid living viable instead of the painful mishmash it is now. Oh, and ladders. Please, ladders.

I have a slight sinking feeling about the whole, work with community on a project thing. No thanks. I don't want random pear shaped monsters trudging round my lot uninvited all day. D:
    Cars do make more sense than ladders since they are having the trend of being eco-friendly now. I really wanted ladders to be in tiny living. Actually if we do get a Farm GP later after this pack like how Cats & Dogs had MFP Stuff, I could see ladders working really well with farms because of barns and just using them so much in the countryside. But who knows we'll see what we get tomorrow.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    more modern content thats my toughs as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Oh, a city similar to Amsterdam would be cool. I hope it adds something that fleshes our the off the grid stuff they added and enables sims to be more sustainable.
    I was one of those few people who actually predicted that we would get this pack in 2020. I’m very pleased to see, that I was right.

As a person who is very much into this theme IRL, I have some specific hopes and thoughts about this pack:

1. Many great leftover ideas from the Community Stuff Pack 1 will be featured in this pack.
    2. “Evergreen Harbour” will look like a mix between Brooklyn (New York, NY) and modern parts of Northern European cities like Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Berlin.
    3.The overall theme will be a mix between something rustic / industrial and something very modern and urban. B/B-items will also reflect this style.
    3. We will see a mix between nature and city, like industrial flats with wall or roof gardens. The B/B-items will be made of natural and sustainble materiels like wood, bamboo, rattan, wool, cotton etc. Some B/B-items might look like it’s made out of reclaimed materials.
    4. One focus will be on “community space projects” which means that the sims actually have an impact on the city. The sims will make big DIY-projects like community gardens, city architecture, art installations etc. together with other sims.
    5. Another focus will be on “reducing eco foodprint” which means using sustainable energy sources, zero wasting etc.
    6. The CAS-items will be very fashionable and edgy. We will see “remanufactured” or “thrifted” styles of clothing. Think urban hippies, hipsters and bohemians.
    7. We will probably see something added to the Off The Grid lot trait.

The key words will be: CREATIVE, URBAN, FUN and GREEN!!!!

Let’s see tomorrow. I think my hopes/predictions are fairly realistic.

Peace out! Love and harmony to you all!!!

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Eco-friendly (non electronic) music like a cappella groups, flutes, and saxophones! :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Eco-friendly (non electronic) music like a cappella groups, flutes, and saxophones! :)
    I would love that. I was in band and played the flute. I did vote for band for my top pack with the community poll which I think expires/expired today.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I can't begin to express how disappointed I am at the theme they chose. It just seems they don't care at all about what we want.

But then I asked myself: what could this pack bring that would actually make it not that bad? How could it bring something that we actually asked for?

One thing I thought was cars. This would be a great opportunity for them to add those eco-cars that are not fueled by fossil fuel.

What do you think? Is there anything else that could make this pack a good one for you?

Cars and a beach with swimmable oceans and swimmable lakes.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

TS3 had eco cars so it makes sense this pack might but normal cars could come with the Pre EP Patch for everyone.