Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Features In Eco Lifestyle

Comments

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I’m really wondering what cas will look like ? Hipster ? Hippie ?
    Build/buy would be modern I guess, minimalistic, with a lot of wood tones and possibly grass roofs.

Maybe they will use the modern artstyle that lost the vote for Laundry Day.
    TS4VoteStyleA.png

i dig it. usually expansions come with two styles, so we might get both a modern and rustic vibe.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    One important thing to me is that the world has a swimmable ocean and lakes.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Ladders, Greenhouses, and a Farmer's Market. THat's my wishlist!

What about All in One Baths?
    crocobaura wrote: »
    There's this picture you can see some detail of what appears to be a public building, hopefully the city hall, and in the background some sort of container housing and logging or possibly bales of hay.

https://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Eco.jpg

I wonder if it will have a look out point which could add small telescopes.
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    One of the features I hope for would to be able to have modern Tech lifestyle, but without having to worry about impacting the environment negatively. In all honesty, I'm STOKED that the Eco-Living Pack that I voted for (not laundry which could have been added to the base game eventually, and could even have had new additions added with certain packs, like the Dishwasher) is becoming an Expansion. As for the the Sustainability Items regarding Utilities, as well as Solar Panels and Wind Turbines, the one I'm most hoping for would be the Fusion Power Generator (which makes the most sense for my sims, who tend to be very much in the Sci Fi department), Space-Saving Gardening (like growing your crops on a lattice, or even on the wall like a green wall), and even Hydroponics, which can not only produce more yield in Produce, but can even provide some protean to your diet (if they incorporate a system that includes breeding fishes).
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    I love the idea of bikes for kids, and maple syrup. I wrote on another thread I hope there is bottle depots. Maybe fancy glass bottle collecting.

I also hope the aesthetic is non-overlapping with Cats & Dogs/Tiny Living/ Nifty Knitting/ Laundry Day. I want something new.
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Build/buy would be modern I guess, minimalistic, with a lot of wood tones and possibly grass roofs.

Maybe they will use the modern artstyle that lost the vote for Laundry Day.
    TS4VoteStyleA.png

i dig it. usually expansions come with two styles, so we might get both a modern and rustic vibe.

Okay if that is the cas and build items i might be very tempted to get it after all, even if i am not excited for the theme... but those items i dig deeply...
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I just hope that the BIG Features would be available in all worlds rather than in One World. All of the "Living" Packs are like that sadly
  • Options
    SimsAddict_SimsAddict_ Posts: 72 Member
    I think it would be cool if what you do as a whole effects the world. Imagine disobeying laws and polluting and within a couple days or weeks the world is like a dead and colorless place. If you do follow the rules you could have a gorgeous world. I think of this similar to dystopian and utopian from TS3 into the future, but with a more “realistic” outcome.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    It'd be nice if there was some sort of vending machine, that you pay for items from, by feeding in empty bottles, or paper coffee cups.
    Feed in 5 bottles, and get a solar powered toy.
    Feed in 10, and get a solar powered radio.
    Something like that. Collect other peoples rubbish, to get some cool gadgets.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    2. “Evergreen Harbour” will look like a mix between Brooklyn (New York, NY) and modern parts of Northern European cities like Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Berlin.

I hope you're right! I would love some Berlin inspired world (even if the mountains do not fit). I hope it's not 100% hippie style.

I know it's necessary but I dont think it's actually "fun" to reduce my carbon/foodprint in real life so I hope we'll get "generic" features like canning and manufacturing objects that can be used in other kind of story-telling.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Well I was thinking, it’s called Evergreen Harbor, so it implies water right ? Either an ocean, or a river or a lake....
    One important thing to me is that the world has a swimmable ocean and lakes.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    They don't always make swimmable water.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Maybe all the trees in the world will disappear if Sims aren’t being ecologically minded.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    I was one of those few people who actually predicted that we would get this pack in 2020. I’m very pleased to see, that I was right.

As a person who is very much into this theme IRL, I have some specific hopes and thoughts about this pack.

These are my predictions for this pack:
    1. Many great leftover ideas from the Community Stuff Pack 1 will be featured in this pack.
    2. “Evergreen Harbour” will look like a mix between Brooklyn (New York, NY) and modern parts of Northern European cities like Copenhagen, Amsterdam or Berlin.
    3.The overall theme will be a mix between something rustic / industrial and something very modern and urban. B/B-items will also reflect this style.
    3. We will see a mix between nature and city, like industrial flats with wall or roof gardens. The B/B-items will be made of natural and sustainble materiels like wood, bamboo, rattan, wool, cotton etc. Some B/B-items might look like it’s made out of reclaimed materials.
    4. One focus will be on “community space projects” which means that the sims actually have an impact on the city. The sims will make big DIY-projects like community gardens, city architecture, art installations etc. together with other sims.
    5. Another focus will be on “reducing eco foodprint” which means using sustainable energy sources, zero wasting etc.
    6. The CAS-items will be very fashionable and edgy. We will see “remanufactured” or “thrifted” styles of clothing. Think urban hippies, hipsters and bohemians.
    7. We will probably see something added to the Off The Grid lot trait.

The key words will be: CREATIVE, URBAN, FUN and GREEN!!!!

Let’s see tomorrow.

Peace out! Love and harmony to you all!!!

I dont think it will be Copenhagen, where i live, it doesnt really look that mountain like, nor do we have mountains in Denmark... Berlin isnt really a Harbor town either... I am actually thinking more Norwegian, which would make sense, as Norway has a lot of alternative energy in the form of water and wind energy ...
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

I'm guessing it'll be full of rejects from the Laundry Day pack. Just like the rest of this idea.

Fine by me! I liked those.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Personally, I am not that excited for the theme, but that could change.

I would love to see:
    1. New improved Plant sims as the lifestate
    2. Nectar making
    3. Chicken coop (doubt it)
    4. More danger elements and unexpected things like more dangerous weather phenomenon, if seasons is installed etc.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    When is the trailer dropping??
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    When is the trailer dropping??

At 4pm london time
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I hope we'll get another repurposed bath and maybe a repurposed toilet/sink. I have a repurposed toilet at home, and it looks really pretty filled with flowers.

@Dianesims I think the CAS will look a lot like a follow-up to Tiny Living.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I just hope that the BIG Features would be available in all worlds rather than in One World. All of the "Living" Packs are like that sadly

Ah, but this pack is "Lifestyle" not "Living"
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They don't always make swimmable water.

Your right, but I think from Island Living forward they're trying to incorporate that into at least the new neighborhood worlds. Since its a Harbor they're may be new boats and/the return of house boats with this world.
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    The youtube picture just changed. Looks like there are water tanks/gas tanks or some sort of factory with ladders and a type of round guard on the ladders. There is a big graffiti of the Void critter that looks like a goldfish.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    At the left we can see a house. Looks good.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I took a screenshot:

6U2Y74X.jpg
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Oh no, are those old whale oil tankers? This new world has a dark past.