Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll get proper PlantSims on Eco Lifestyle EP?

I've launched a discussion some time ago on how I would want an Expansion Pack/Game Pack that would take werewolfs further than ever and expand them into a whole new level with things from werewolves to were cats, going throguh a lot of other types like wereinsects (fairies?) and werebirds (angels?)... And I even mentioned plantsims being turned into 2 new lifestates called wereplants and were fungi. You can read my detailed "Mystical Living Expansion Pack" idea here, which include ideas like a chinese/marital arts tournament inspired theme and world with anime styled fighting tournaments (similar to the sims 3 Chess Tournament). Here's some examples of what the customization could look like:
gw2_sylvari.png
winter-skin.jpg
a763c1767abd78b48c1c93e73b69d6da.jpg
guild+wars+2+sylvari.jpg
BUT... I'm thinking that this eco friendly themed ep could be including a new occult life state as well cuz we had mermaids in Island Living. Of course a plant type creature could easily be on this pack, what are your thoughts?

Do you think we'll get proper PlantSims on Eco Lifestyle EP? 176 votes

Yes, I think PlantSims will be in this EP.
5%
MINEZsmurf45bluegnelso1239lexus20Bearpal64TamakiSakura84AugustoAtreya33Karonfaerieduste 10 votes
No, I think Fairies suit this EP better.
2%
Cabelle1863loyallyroyalmusteniStylish_Simmer 4 votes
No, I think we won't be getting any new occults with this EP theme.
73%
Akl500Pauroraael14icmnfrshJeanLeGardePourprerudy8292alexspoom13AyradyssIsb917keekee53BloosmooMeteoraStormelanorbretonsimgirl1010friendlysimmersrobyngravesJestTruJprp83slamondaloubyloulou 129 votes
Maybe we'll get a swamp creature from the polluted swamp nearby the city (LOL)
2%
crocobauraluthienrisingbohemian_loveAngeliqueAdelaide 4 votes
No, but I do wan't them.
16%
Colorist40CamkatPlayerSinger2010jimbbqIObellepeterskywalkerKhrisstyneZeldaboy180wormstache999SavvySimmieBOYgoldann25AuronoiChieftainHopeCrashcomicsforlifethatsnotswegcheescaeksDuskregnSERVERFRAdoublenoodles 29 votes

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't think so. Idon't play occults really so it doens't matter to me, though I do like plant sims better than other occults. I hope they are there forthose that want them, but I don't think they will be.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited May 2020
    And plantsims don’t look very ecological to me. I mean they kinda look like something out of a Monsanto plant :lol:
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Even if we did, they would likely be extremely watered down... like a lot... just like how aliens and mermaids were.

The Sims 4 only does well with occult Sims when they release them as a game pack (Vampires and Realm Of Magic). If you truly want fleshed out Plant Sims, then it's probably best to hope they create a game pack featured around them... though, I honestly don't see it happening. I really can't imagine them creating a game pack solely focused on Plant Sims... then again, if they had just waited and used THIS theme as a game pack, it could've easily been done... but this is EA we're talking about, so only money matters, unfortunately.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited May 2020
    My response IS NOT one of the choices. I assume we will not get a new life state. Plant sims already have been done and there are MULTIPLE tweets confirming they will not "improve" on already existing ones. From what little I saw leaked, it seems they will have some sort of fake empty gameplay to change the world introduced, kind of like they already do for Sulani in Island Living. One that I will view negatively is if the make the sims eco-extremists. I hate people that are like that IRL, so introducing it in-game will ruin it.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited May 2020
    I was just thinking about plantsims with this EP! While I do doubt that any new occult will be introduced, if there were I'd like it to be plantsims. They could stand to use some attention.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    While I'd love proper plantsims (or Faeries, or werewolves) I don't think we'll get them with this pack, even though I think improved Plantsims would suit. I could be wrong, but I think Occults are popular enough that they'd be mentioned in the leaked pack description - or at least hinted - if we were going to get them.

That and I'm still kinda holding out hope that there will be horses or llamas or goats or chickens or all of the above and I'd rather those have some, pardon the pun, meat to them than an additional occult stage.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No, but I do wan't them.
    Justice for PlantSims!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I don't think there will be a completely new occult. Maybe an update to Plantsims though.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think we'll be getting werewolfs because they are half humans half wolfs and both are organic beings living in symbiosis in one ecosystem 😅😂 ok, i don't think we're getting them but i'ld love if we did!
    CelSims wrote: »
    I don't think there will be a completely new occult. Maybe an update to Plantsims though.

There have been MANY tweets on twitter informing the fans that they will not be "updating" any existing occults.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

There have been MANY tweets on twitter informing the fans that they will not be "updating" any existing occults.

Ah, thanks for the info. Not even that then.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Nothing in the extremely sparse paragraph of text and single GIF that is all we know about this pack even suggests a new life state is included.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited May 2020
    I really hope we get real plantsims.
    I think chances for an occult are 50/50 but if we get occults, I think fairies or werewolves are more likely.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Sindocat I know there's nothing on the gif/text that suggest that. But the theme is very well fitting for a plantsim to be introduced in SIms 4.

@NorthDakotaGamer I don't think they consider the plantsims as being in game, its was only a limited time event. You can only access them through cheats. There's also a ice cream called "Plant Matter" (requires level 8 cooking and §47), which will temporarily give a Sim the appearance of a PlantSim, as well as a moodlet that urges them to spend time outside. This does not appear to affect the Sim's hair or clothes. This is only a temporary, cosmetic effect, and the affected Sim will not have any special needs. So... I can see the devs releasing proper Plantsims at some point, they are the only "original" sims occult since Sims 2... Would be a shame if S4 life ended without us having plantsims in the game.

@telmarina haha anyway, I hope Werewolves have their own game pack instead. Simplants are "minor" occults... Although I would love each and every occult to have their own packs, I doubt they will.
    @Karon

The tweets stating the will not "revisit" or "update" occults was in response to fans asking for that to done for plantsims.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    No, but I do wan't them.
    I would love if they can fix our temporary Plantsim to become a full lifestate. Also, it would be nice to have a Fairy like Rosetta in Tinkerbell Pixie Hollow. Unfortunately, it's just a pipe dream.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love PlantSims to be upgrade with a patch and for fairies to come with it. I love Guild Wars too and I do have a Sylvari as my main character and love her. <3 She is purple and her hair glows aqua.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited May 2020
    No, but I do wan't them.
    unfortunately, my hope for this pack is literally in the trash. :)

i want overhauled plant sims but :) this team :) loves to disappoint me :)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I would like Plantsims to be developed a little. They were free and can now be unlocked with some fiddling in bb.codes, but I'd want them deeper.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited May 2020
    No, but I do wan't them.
    it certainly won't come hidden in that package, I think we would have seen it in the trailer at some point, how it happened in get it work if I'm not mistaken and in island living. a shame because it would be the best time to bring the plants back (if it’s that prototype of the base) I don’t think we’ll see any more occults in the sims 4 unless the end of the year gamepack brings something medieval along with fairies or werewolves.

~~ also clicked the wrong option lol
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @akaseven I think we'll still get Bigfoot/Yeti on that snow mountain pack, maybe genies on that supposed Music/Bands/Showtime EP, Unicorns when they release horses somewhere, plantsims if we get a Farming EP, Imaginary Friends most likely than any other as it was one of the top occults on Grant's poll some time ago, Fairies too, and Werewolves. I don't think most of them will get detailed game packs like Vampries and Spellcasters... Fairies and Werewolves probably, and maybe plantsims, but the rest of them we should expect the same fate as aliens, ghosts and mermaids. Don't worry, we still have a couple of years of Sims 4, cuz a couple of simgurus already stated that clearly.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @akaseven I think we'll still get Bigfoot/Yeti on that snow mountain pack, maybe genies on that supposed Music/Bands/Showtime EP, Unicorns when they release horses somewhere, plantsims if we get a Farming EP, Imaginary Friends most likely than any other as it was one of the top occults on Grant's poll some time ago, Fairies too, and Werewolves. I don't think most of them will get detailed game packs like Vampries and Spellcasters... Fairies and Werewolves probably, and maybe plantsims, but the rest of them we should expect the same fate as aliens, ghosts and mermaids. Don't worry, we still have a couple of years of Sims 4, cuz a couple of simgurus already stated that clearly.
    We have bigfoot/yeti outfits
    renwmpjyko7o.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • tuxedo94tuxedo94 Posts: 11 New Member
    We won't and it's truly disappointing. Plantsims should have been the leaders of that green revolution IMO.
    Truly a waste of potential and gameplay features. I like the pack but I'm salty.
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Nope. They'd have shown plantsims in the trailer if they were to be included in this pack.