Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone not excited for Eco lifestyle

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I was cynical before the trailer. Now I am very excited because I see how many craftables and general creative pursuits you can have with the pack! I love the idea of dumpster diving and using various materials to make things. This game desperately needed more artsy pursuits besides painting. I also love the look of the dirty city. I also am digging the aesthetic of build and buy so much.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    edited May 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    Octavie88 wrote: »
    I think the main reason people wanted a farming pack is because so much of the focus in recent packs has been modern. When I say I want a farming pack I personally mean I want to play Story of Seasons and Stardew Valley but in the sims. I want a town that feels like taking a step into the past, where no one uses cellphones and it has that idealized comfy out in the sticks feel. I know that not every country town has farms but the stereotypical idea of the countryside is that it has farmland. Not that stereotyping is a good thing to do. I mean, when you look at how popular Stardew Valley became it's pretty obvious why people want a "farming" pack.

I want cows we can get milk from and chickens we can get eggs from to make new cooking recipes with. I want farmer's markets, more crops, slow dancing, country fairs like the ones they had in Sims 3 seasons etc
    Stardew Valley has composting and canning and nectar making too. Farming is more than just farm animals but I would like a farm animal pack too.

I know, but some of those features may be in EL-like composting seems to be in some capacity. I was only saying some of the things I'd want in a farming pack. Just what came up off the top of my head. Hence the "etc". I'm not interested in nectar making or canning so I didn't think to mention them
    Post edited by Octavie88 on
  • Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    Definitely not excited. Especially after getting my hopes up for country living. I know the developers said it was going to be a surprise, new type of expansion but this..? I think to make this an entire expansion pack was a waste of time and resources. No way am I paying $40 for this. I wonder if the developers read the forums because I’m not sure how they could have thought this was the next move.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Tay-way654 wrote: »
    Definitely not excited. Especially after getting my hopes up for country living. I know the developers said it was going to be a surprise, new type of expansion but this..? I think to make this an entire expansion pack was a waste of time and resources. No way am I paying $40 for this. I wonder if the developers read the forums because I’m not sure how they could have thought this was the next move.
    Well there is Stardew Valley that is only $15 and has really cool farming aspects to it. :) You don't have to worry about DLC with it too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm not excited for the theme the team has chosen for this expansion. It feels like a game pack to be honest and it's definitely a niche theme. I would love a political themed pack where our sims could vote for other sims to be in office and policies/laws.

If I do get the pack it'll be because it was on sale. I just fear that the actual game pack will be something we practically screamed wanting as an expansion.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    I am pretty worried about the replayability of this EP (and as others, I guess the aspiration will be related to the story-telling...) but I think the upcycling feature might be interesting if we can really customize objects.

I'll buy it anyway; I am desperate for content and so weak. :)
  • Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    Well there is Stardew Valley that is only $15 and has really cool farming aspects to it. :) You don't have to worry about DLC with it too.

Sims 3 pets expansion was all I needed to enjoy the sims, I would play it continuously even though it was repetitive. Unfortunately no game compares to sims 3 pets. Mainly I want horses and any other livestock would just be a plus. The fact that horses were not added in the pets ep was a huge disappointment alone. After so many other people have showed an interest in a farming expansion made me, and many other believe that expansion was on the way. I don’t need to get stardew because that isn’t what I’m looking for at all... that’s why I’m posting on sims forums rather than stardew... I’m simply looking for the same effort and dedication tht was shown in the sims 3 expansion packs. Yet at this point it seems like the developers would rather half complete a pack and then release another pack that adds to the original one in order to make more money. And honestly I’m so sick of it.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I’m reserving my judgement until I learn more. The description mentions a "community space project". It sounds like it might incorporate some elements from Town Life (an EP from an old survey)?
    TOWN LIFE

Create a vibrant and evolving new town for your Sims to explore! Build out your town with new venues including pop-up restaurants, coffee shops, farmers’ markets, amongst others. Change the rules of your town by becoming Mayor and making your own laws or use new neighborhood editing tools to fully customize your town as you see fit!

Details/Features

Brand New Venues: Visit a variety of new places around town including restaurants, coffee shops, and laundromats.
    Community Events: Participate in new events happening all over town! Buy fresh groceries from the famers’ market or have a fancy dinner at an exclusive pop-up restaurant.
    Be the Mayor: Get into a career as a local politician! Start off as a community organizer, setting up protests at the new City Hall venue. Get enough support and become the Mayor, making new laws that affect the whole world!
    Customize the Town: Decorate your entire town with the new neighborhood editing tools. Control which Sims visit the town and even which ones move in with a variety of new options.

Sooooo. LOL does this mean they are adding restaurants from dine out, coffee shops from get together and washing machines from laundry day. Stuff people paid for in other packs LOL WOW
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I'm not excited for the theme the team has chosen for this expansion. It feels like a game pack to be honest and it's definitely a niche theme. I would love a political themed pack where our sims could vote for other sims to be in office and policies/laws.

If I do get the pack it'll be because it was on sale. I just fear that the actual game pack will be something we practically screamed wanting as an expansion.
    City Living has a politics career and they can climb up the ladder with it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Sims 3 pets expansion was all I needed to enjoy the sims, I would play it continuously even though it was repetitive. Unfortunately no game compares to sims 3 pets. Mainly I want horses and any other livestock would just be a plus. The fact that horses were not added in the pets ep was a huge disappointment alone. After so many other people have showed an interest in a farming expansion made me, and many other believe that expansion was on the way. I don’t need to get stardew because that isn’t what I’m looking for at all... that’s why I’m posting on sims forums rather than stardew... I’m simply looking for the same effort and dedication tht was shown in the sims 3 expansion packs. Yet at this point it seems like the developers would rather half complete a pack and then release another pack that adds to the original one in order to make more money. And honestly I’m so sick of it.
    Probably why it is good more competition will be coming in with Paralives then. A lot of Stardew Valley farm elements will be in Eco Lifestyle which is why I was suggesting it as a cheaper alternative. I encourage waiting for sales too because Sims 4 as a whole is an expensive gaming hobby compared to Stardew Valley and Animal Crossing. Minecraft and Farm Together have great farming aspects to them as well. I am just a big fan of a bunch of farming games long before Farmville even existed.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

Probably this. I fear a Generations thing may come as a GamePack instead.. >.<
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Probably this. I fear a Generations thing may come as a GamePack instead.. >.<
    It kind of partially did with Parenthood GP.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2020

Again she doesn’t work for Maxis anymore but I wouldn’t imagine it’s smooth sailing when your previous CM is out trying to do whatever it is she’s trying to do.

Thanks for posting the previous CM's quote. I could only think "of course everyone has a different way of playing -- that's what makes the sims great!"

My own "issue" with Eco Living isn't the theme itself, it's that the key pack feature has already been implemented in the game. Has EA ever addressed how we as consumers perceive their recycling of game features/animations/etc.? I'd like to hear their rationale -- if it's to save money, well, how bout reducing the price of the pack then?

I also have read a few posts about people upset at the apparent "negativity" expressed toward EA/dev team over this pack and whatever else you can imagine. If any of my posts are perceived largely as negative, I apologize for coming across that way. I do try to give credit where credit is due and, like any other pack, of course there are aspects to the pack that are cool. But, for me, I'm very disappointed in the core feature of the only expansion pack we will be getting this year as it's a rehash of Sulani/Strangerville. If I'm not seeing this right, please enlighten me.

I also hope there's a way to switch the storyline off so I don't have to do the "cleaning" up more than once. Yet, I've also read if you don't stay on top of it, things will go back to the way it was. I guess, to me, this is not adding depth to the game; it's simply a "click on trash piles mini-game without the fun."

Curious, is that type of game play really fun for most people? It got old really fast in Sulani. So please, if I'm missing some aspect to this amazing game play, please help out a fellow simmer here. I mean, they made removing trash so easy (dragging it directly into the trash bin), it seems odd that they'd add it back in as game play (and a core feature at that).

Overall, the idea of having a neighborhood/world start out in a bad/dirty state and transitioning to a beautiful one is great. But, here again, the game mechanics were already in place with the world/sky changes in Strangerville. It's just, I don't know...fine...take the shortcuts. But don't charge us full price by stating this type of thing is deserving of an expansion pack.

This "new" or rehashed feature is limited to the new world anyway, correct? If we are able to apply it to every world we have, then, hats off devs.
    I think this is just good advice comparing feedback to food. We are a diverse community.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2020
    It was brought to my attention that people felt discriminated and hurt by my comments.

I want to apologize as I did not mean to hurt anyone and I certainly didn't mean to discriminate people for their age or their way of life. Please note that English is not my first language (I am German) and I probably sounded way more rude than I wanted to sound - by accident and not on purpose. I am sorry.

I know this sounds like a lame excuse, but it's the truth. Still, I will be more careful with my words in the future.

You can tell me anytime when you feel hurt from what I wrote, and perhaps help me on how to say things differently, so I don't come across as hurtful or rude. I will try my best.
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Well I'm not
    I could be wrong this might be interesting, but this is just not my playstyle.This seems more fitted for a smaller pack .Not a big pack.I hope people who like this can enjoy it.But right now it seems boring.Whats so fun having a whole pack about going green, or save the environment?

If it has good objects (build and buy), I'll be happy. I think the clothing style is terrible but maybe when I play around with it I'll like it more. They've gone back to clunky/thick clothing again and, after the gorgeous clothing style of DU, it's disappointing to see. HOWEVER, that won't be a make or break for me at all. I don't play play the game, I build, so I'm hoping for some good stuffs!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    EdithV wrote: »
    Was there nevtor making

Yeah i think it was. The machine seems really similar to sims 3 and it had grapes

"Make or Break It
    Speaking of reclaiming and repurposing things, why don’t you check out a new job as a maker? As you go around town, keep an eye out for collectibles and materials for your next project. Brave Sims might try dumpster diving for resources like dyes, bits and pieces, and ingredients—as long as they don’t mind the smell. Choose the Freelance Crafter career to fill mail and internet orders for your candles, fizzy juices, upcycled objects, and more! Or try to encourage your neighbors to vote for a community maker space where you can all craft together."

They now call it frizzy juices though, but i assume it is similar...

Nectar making was wine. I think frizzy juices is craft beer.
    I think this is just good advice comparing feedback to food. We are a diverse community.

I get what he is saying but when you are ordering food you usually have an idea of what the next appetizer is going to be. Even eating at someone’s house you have an idea of what they are cooking. This is where I have issues.
    edited May 2020
    keekee53 wrote: »

I get what he is saying but when you are ordering food you usually have an idea of what the next appetizer is going to be. Even eating at someone’s house you have an idea of what they are cooking. This is where I have issues.
    Depends on the person I think. I mean if you can pay for an expensive restaurant yeah that is the case because of a planned menu. Sometimes I have had a surprise. My mom was always to make something using what we had into some creative dish and was always diverse. Like spaghetti lasagne we had one time which was yummy. So I would always come to dinner shocked at her creative dishes and snacks.
    SAEldarin wrote: »

Again she doesn’t work for Maxis anymore but I wouldn’t imagine it’s smooth sailing when your previous CM is out trying to do whatever it is she’s trying to do.

Thanks for posting the previous CM's quote. I could only think "of course everyone has a different way of playing -- that's what makes the sims great!"

My own "issue" with Eco Living isn't the theme itself, it's that the key pack feature has already been implemented in the game. Has EA ever addressed how we as consumers perceive their recycling of game features/animations/etc.? I'd like to hear their rationale -- if it's to save money, well, how bout reducing the price of the pack then?

I also have read a few posts about people upset at the apparent "negativity" expressed toward EA/dev team over this pack and whatever else you can imagine. If any of my posts are perceived largely as negative, I apologize for coming across that way. I do try to give credit where credit is due and, like any other pack, of course there are aspects to the pack that are cool. But, for me, I'm very disappointed in the core feature of the only expansion pack we will be getting this year as it's a rehash of Sulani/Strangerville. If I'm not seeing this right, please enlighten me.

I also hope there's a way to switch the storyline off so I don't have to do the "cleaning" up more than once. Yet, I've also read if you don't stay on top of it, things will go back to the way it was. I guess, to me, this is not adding depth to the game; it's simply a "click on trash piles mini-game without the fun."

Curious, is that type of game play really fun for most people? It got old really fast in Sulani. So please, if I'm missing some aspect to this amazing game play, please help out a fellow simmer here. I mean, they made removing trash so easy (dragging it directly into the trash bin), it seems odd that they'd add it back in as game play (and a core feature at that).

Overall, the idea of having a neighborhood/world start out in a bad/dirty state and transitioning to a beautiful one is great. But, here again, the game mechanics were already in place with the world/sky changes in Strangerville. It's just, I don't know...fine...take the shortcuts. But don't charge us full price by stating this type of thing is deserving of an expansion pack.

This "new" or rehashed feature is limited to the new world anyway, correct? If we are able to apply it to every world we have, then, hats off devs.

Someone tell Kate the whole reason why I have issues with sims 4 is the lack of customization and options and uniqueness. Smh saying we can customize is like a sick joke. She is going to make me create a Twitter account. I hope people stop posting her Tweets. Her Tweets have been driving me crazy at least the ones I saw posted to this forum and I really don’t want a Twitter account.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    SAEldarin wrote: »

Someone tell Kate the whole reason why I have issues with sims 4 is the lack of customization and options and uniqueness. Smh saying we can customize is like a sick joke. She is going to make me create a Twitter account. I hope people stop posting her Tweets. Her Tweets have been driving me crazy at least the ones I saw posted to this forum and I really don’t want a Twitter account.

Yeah I’m not a huge fan either, she’s very defensive. People should not be abusing devs but most the the criticism is constructive and she seems to become ultra offended by that too.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yeah, I'm pretty meh about this expansion too. I mean, it has a few interesting aesthetic and gameplay bits in it, but it looks like it's set up to be more of a playable PSA than anything else. There's no toxic waste/mutagenic ooze to mutate our sims or give them super powers, there's no evil industrialist path to have an antagonist for our environmentalists to bump heads with, there's no mutant monsters to pop up and cause havoc if our sims leave the world nasty or let it get worse...Nothing any darker or weirder than a bad cough and Death by Flies. Not even any evidence of enhancements for plant sims here. That's actually pretty disappointing.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    I'm, like many others it seems, indifferent. It's a theme (like many have already said) they've already played with in Island Living and tiny living, it just looks like they've been spliting content that could've been in the one expansion. So instead of getting say three very different packs, we have three that are samey in theme.
    ╮( ˘ 、 ˘ )╭
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    So unexcited that I've decided not to buy it. The first E.P. ever I won't own in the sims franchise.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,186 Member
    Yeah, I'm pretty meh about this expansion too. I mean, it has a few interesting aesthetic and gameplay bits in it, but it looks like it's set up to be more of a playable PSA than anything else. There's no toxic waste/mutagenic ooze to mutate our sims or give them super powers, there's no evil industrialist path to have an antagonist for our environmentalists to bump heads with, there's no mutant monsters to pop up and cause havoc if our sims leave the world nasty or let it get worse...Nothing any darker or weirder than a bad cough and Death by Flies. Not even any evidence of enhancements for plant sims here. That's actually pretty disappointing.

I probably would like this pack.If that happens, but this does seem like psa.