Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are we forgetting the original sims?

2...Next

Comments

• RapunzelblondeRapunzelblonde Posts: 51 Member
    Remember the jingle-making station/career in TS1? That was always so funny to me for some reason! lol
    I also really enjoyed the Makin' Magic features, like the pet dragons and dueling, which was controlled by the player unlike in 4 Realm of Magic. I remember I kept a chart of which spells did what, and which spells could beat others. :) I also really liked the Strange Town and Old Town worlds. The looks of them were so creative.
    There were also some cool country life features, like the butter churner and porch swings. Those are just some of the neat things from TS1 that I miss from time to time.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Jinkx wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, but I have a feeling EA games and also the players don't give sims 1 enough credit. For example, when people rank the games sims 1 is almost at place number 4. Why is that? And also, why didn't EA make an up to date TS1 version for origin? With a new generation simmers and EA not minding TS1 at all I am scared that the sims 1 will not be playable more in 5 years and it will just be memories in our minds.

Will EA ever make an attempt to make sims 1 available for download at origin?

<3 sims 1 <3 it is a very routine gameplay BUT this is a funny one.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I loved the sims 1 and played it so much at the time. Until TS2 came out and I was so in awe with that one that I barely ever played TS1 again xD but I would still love for them to put both 1 and 2 back on Origin! I have the UC for 2 but still, everyone should be able to download it :)
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2020
    I love The Sims 1 and always will. I wish I was more aware at the time about how ground-breaking it was.
    If they released a remastered version I would be so happy, but it wouldn't be something I'd play all the time.
    I dug out my boyfriend's old PS2 and bought The Urbz and The Sims: Bustin' Out on eBay which I like play if I need a nostalgia fix ;)
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I mean the game is genius with some of the best music ever but it was a different time then and it just doesn't hold up. But for its time it was the most brilliant idea and is somewhat enjoyable 20 years later!

I think the one game that almost as legendary as The Sims 1 but also holds up very well today is The Sims 2. The differences between The Sims 4 when it came out and The Sims 2 were minimal, shows you how good this game still is.

But I see your point, the first Sims game has a charm no other game has been able to replicate mostly due to Will Wright's massive involvement.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited June 2020
    I played "The Sims 1" as a kid and I played "The Sims: Livin' Large", "The Sims: House Party", "The Sims: Hot Date" and
    "The Sims: Vacation" as a kid. I liked the bubble blower feature in "The Sims: House Party" when I played "The Sims: House Party". Agnes Crumplebottom was annoying to deal with in the game, she was a pet peeve of mine when I played "The Sims: Hot Date".
  • WugriWugri Posts: 23 Member
    The Sims 1 is the one that pulled my into that franchise. It's the reason why this franchise became so successful. But the later iterations improved so much, that I honestly do believe the Sims 1 should be fourth in the list. Every so often I play it again for nostalgia, but usually it goes like "ah, right, they didn't have that" and "oh, they didn't have this either? I forgot". And while I don't mind retro-style games, it's hard to let go of the graphics The Sims 4 offers. :(