Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's about time for an out of this world GP - Space themed pack!

GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
edited August 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I really want a space themed expansion pack for the Sims 4 and I think there are a few simmers out there that share the same feelings as I do. It's not something that the Sims team has really touched upon much in the franchise and I think there is definitely room for improvement on this particular theme (looking at you GTW). With the popularity of franchises such as DC/Marvel and Stars Wars I think the devs should seriously consider this theme.

I'd really like to be able to build spaceship houses, an alien city/planet neighbourhood with improved apartment system (or just more apartments in general), possibly a new species of alien or upgraded robots (I really would love to see SimBorgs tbh). I wouldn't want time travel pack per se but I think more alien/different architecture styles would be really fun to play around with.

I'd love to know what you think. Please feel free to share pictures and ideas!

Also, I am aware this is a pretty controversial topic so please be nice :)

#makealiensawesome
Post edited by GracieO312 on

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Magnolia Promenade is such a waste of space (no pun intended, but then again, since we're talking about a space pack... yeah, totally intended!). I wish the EP that introduced aliens to TS4 had come with a bigger, editable Sixam world instead, but then again, that wasn't the sole purpose of the pack, so we might still get one in the future that does focus primarily on aliens and alien worlds. It probably won't have anything to do with GTW (remember the scandal the last time they tried to sell a DLC for a DLC, and that was just a Stuff Pack!), but who's to say there can be only one extraterrestrial world and species?

If it does happen, I hope it takes some inspiration from Mass Effect. That's another EA franchise after all, so there shouldn't be any copyright issues, and I'd love to see a sim world based on locations from that game, such as the planet Ilium and the Citadel, with corresponding futuristic architecture. Just thinking about it gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling I get every time when I remember what it was like to play Mass Effect for the first time, and I already have a couple of Asari sims in my save that wouldn't look out of place in a space expansion, so... bring it on! <3
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    It probably won't have anything to do with GTW (remember the scandal the last time they tried to sell a DLC for a DLC, and that was just a Stuff Pack!), but who's to say there can be only one extraterrestrial world and species?

They could do vendor stalls and maybe add some robot shop assistants or vending machines. Some fluffy alien pets or robot pets like they have in Japan. Would be nice if they had a power generator that ran on crystals or metals they have to dig up. Something similar for water.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited May 2020
    @GrumpyGlowfish I was actually looking at Mass Effect concept art on Pinterest and it made me really want spaceships
    I get what you mean about DLC for DLC but I believe they said that was probably due to the packs releasing so close together. GTW was released in 2015 so I don't think it would be quite the same backlash as MFPS. They'd have to market very well though...

@crocobaura Ohh I like it - they could bring back Tiberium from TS3 and have Tiberium mines to power everything
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    At first I really couldn't see it fitting in this game but now I had an idea where they could have a world that's on a spaceship with different lots and stuff. So basically sims can live in like a space colony. It would have to be huge though or have a system like apartments that adds more space your sims can live in. It could work like your sims can take the rocket to travel from the colony to earth and vice versa.

There could also be an active astronaut or space engineer career where they can go out of the ship and fix it. Also maybe another career where your sims can fly out to asteroids and collect samples and maybe a new collection. And if you have gtw you can get sixam collectibles too. Also maybe travel to other planets and study wildlife etc. And I would love another career like an astronomy career with an (astrobiology branch and astrophysics branch). And hopefully an astronomy degree in university.

Another direction they can take this is that you land on a planet and your sims have to live inside a colony on the planet and they can basically terraform the planet and it changes based what your sims do so the planet can change into a livable planet where your sims can go outside and stuff.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    There's also bunkbeds in space... and ladders! :) it's a win-win!
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Another direction they can take this is that you land on a planet and your sims have to live inside a colony on the planet and they can basically terraform the planet and it changes based what your sims do so the planet can change into a livable planet where your sims can go outside and stuff.

I love the terraforming part. It would work a bit like the improved ecosystem in Sulani, except here you would need to plant more plants instead of collect trash.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'd be all for this.

What taste they've given us so far of aliens and science has really always made me want more of it.

Sometimes I don't want to play just going to a regular job and having babies, sometimes I want something larger than life that really allows me to escape reality. I like that the Sims does both. This would be amazing content to have.

One of my favorite Sims to play is this lady I have who completed both the Scientist and Engineer career, solved Strangerville and explored Selvadorada. She's been to space, sure, took a few samples on Sixam. But I really want her to gather a crew and go with them to some other places. She would move to that colony in a heartbeat.
    j1z1 wrote: »
    I'd be all for this.

What taste they've given us so far of aliens and science has really always made me want more of it.

Sometimes I don't want to play just going to a regular job and having babies, sometimes I want something larger than life that really allows me to escape reality. I like that the Sims does both. This would be amazing content to have.

One of my favorite Sims to play is this lady I have who completed both the Scientist and Engineer career, solved Strangerville and explored Selvadorada. She's been to space, sure, took a few samples on Sixam. But I really want her to gather a crew and go with them to some other places. She would move to that colony in a heartbeat.

This! So much! This is exactly the gameplay I'm looking for as well and the reason why I started this thread - I love your crew idea, too! I think it would also be really cool if it had some kinda StrangerVille-esque gameplay tied in with a boss fight of some description

I actually voted for the science themed stuff pack and happy haunts second but that obviously didn't happen :(

Thanks for sharing :)
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'd love a pack like this! The aliens from GTW, science career and the robotics from DU are a great start but I'd always appreciate more sci-fi injected into this game. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
    edited May 2020
    I just want more of this stuff!

https://pin.it/3WlLJXk

https://pin.it/59Xear6

https://pin.it/3uxvgqu

https://pin.it/7cscpcv

https://pin.it/2bD4bCO

https://pin.it/5XnNfdw

https://pin.it/2W56Plk

https://pin.it/4P078HP

Simborg ideas!

https://pin.it/1PFteVm

https://pin.it/6rCjZDY

I definitely think that there is enough lore, references and inspiration out there for the dev team to make this into a really great pack!
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yeah because the Sixam world lacked way too much. I would love a world like this.
    edited May 2020
    Way ahead of you, Julian. Way ahead! Skip to 3:01

https://youtu.be/7CLcbYPmcd8?t=181
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't like aliens. I actually downloaded a mod to prevent aliens from being generated so I never have to see them. They were my least favorite part about Get To Work. Soooo I'm one of the ones who wouldn't want a Space pack.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    edited May 2020
    The beauty of GPs is that they can be more niche. I also do like it when a pack is devoted to one occult. So you can get witches and not vampires, for example.

Aliens and Mermaids could have been packs, with their own worlds and systems. So that people who want to live on an island or have active careers without dealing with supernaturals could do so. And then those of us who want supernatural storytelling could get stuff like what's in this thread and underwater worlds or something.
    Post edited by j1z1 on
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Ooo, my fave subject. I so want:

Star Trek
    Star Wars
    Stargate SG1
    Battleship Galactica
    Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
    Doctor Who

With all the ships, CAS, Aliens, Wormholes, Transporters, Blasters, Lightsabers, Replicators, Sonic Showers, Sonic Screwdrivers,
    Time Machines,
    Forehead Ridges, Nose Ridges, Antlers,
    Body Spots, Bionic Eye, Bionic Ear & Bionic hand.

Kinda got carried away, lol.🤗
    Nooo! This is awesome - exactly the kind of input I was hoping for when I started this thread. Thank you for your ideas!

Well an EA game changer officially mentioned a potential space pack idea that he had now so hopefully this kinda theme idea might gain some traction! I'd like them to build on the lore of the laser sword thing from Get Famous - I know it was only meant to be a prop in that pack but it would be cool if they made it more of a thing aliens/space sims use (similar to Pangu's Axe in Sims 3 World Adventures).

I feel if they did make a space theme pack it would have to be adventure based/story based. Or maybe not?
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

https://i.ibb.co/H7jb74D/simspackicongp.png

Fingers crossed this is a space themed pack!!
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I was thinking that maybe it's not space but an icy world, the winter themed EP that was rumored about. The three suns could actually be the sun with sundogs on either side, which is a meteorological phenomenon that does occur during winter.
    edited August 2020
    Hmm I can see that but what's throwing me off is that all three of them are actually different sizes if you look closely. Plus that's a funky shaped mountain...

We'll have to wait and see! I actually asked a family member and they said they thought it looked like bubbles, a coral reef and weird shaped sea rock. I'll add that one to the list too! hahah

EDIT: I wouldn't mind a winter based pack but I'd like a space theme just a taaaad more. I can see how the building looks like a chalet though
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    GracieO312 wrote: »

I was thinking that maybe it's not space but an icy world, the winter themed EP that was rumored about. The three suns could actually be the sun with sundogs on either side, which is a meteorological phenomenon that does occur during winter.

Interesting! I didn't take that theme into consideration because i assumed it was gonna be for an expansion pack. Some people here said it would be hard to fit these activities into a game pack, but i guess you cant know for sure what they intend to add.
    If it were a winter themed pack surely the building would have a stereotypical chalet styled roof - the curved roof shape doesn't really seem to match up with this. Assuming it's a roof at all!

Also the inverted pack icon feels unique - it's unlike the rest of the other game packs. This is either intentional (to emphasise the difference to the rest of the game that's been mainly set in SimEarth/SimNation) OR they've simply changed the way they are doing pack icons now. Also it looks like the black 'sky' of space...
  • Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I think this would be very very interesting! And it would be major first!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    For me I'm not really bothered about space/sci-fi things but I guess it could be interesting depending on how it's done.
    In TS3 Vampires came with Late Night originally and they were later built upon and released again in Supernatural so I see no reason why they can't put aliens in their own pack to expand upon them.

If they brought a world like these it could be pretty cool
    avalon___sims_4_fanmade_map_by_filipesims-dbpscsb.jpg
    DeNHzwRV4AI0jB2.jpg
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I love these ideas so much. It would allow for creative unseen gameplay. I would love a Cyberpunk vibe. It would be nice to play with something like this. I'd love being able to exchange students like hosting or sending your sim teen to these other 'planets' to go to school for a while would be fun. Like they could learn different skills like robotics, rocket science, ect. I just think it would be a fun idea.
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    For me I'm not really bothered about space/sci-fi things but I guess it could be interesting depending on how it's done.
    In TS3 Vampires came with Late Night originally and they were later built upon and released again in Supernatural so I see no reason why they can't put aliens in their own pack to expand upon them.

If they brought a world like these it could be pretty cool
    avalon___sims_4_fanmade_map_by_filipesims-dbpscsb.jpg
    DeNHzwRV4AI0jB2.jpg

These look amazing! I couldn't wait to see them in game. Having the neighborhood be like a space colony where you can look out see all the stars on the outskirts would be so cool!