Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Long Hair on Male Sims

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Hey, if they can pull it off, they can keep it. I don’t mind!
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    IRL I’m not a huge fan of long hair on dudes but y’all making it work! Can’t wait until next time I play and CAS up some long-haired hotties!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    What about Wayne and Garth? :DB)

49857256038_0e8cd3fe13_c.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    ooh some nice looking men, don't know why but in game and our of it I dig it, I don't use many hairstyles bad habit but sometimes I spread out and see what I like more with a hat or specifically just on men in general.

JDWqxkIh.png
    V77q8aQh.png
    wHoanj1h.png
    Caleb is obvious I know but the first is Don Lothario which I just used and the last is Morgyn which that version I haven't played in a while, all this long hair reminds me I'm due for some obsessive sim time I wonder how an animal crossing and sims play would go...
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I like to give my boys long hair <3 This is Malik, grandson of Vlad.
    lo6k55P.png
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I love long hair on guys (and really, really hate bald heads and ultra-short hair on guys...), so I use the long and medium hair styles on my male sims 99.99% of the time. In fact, since the game is kind of lacking in the bangs department, I've also downloaded a fair bit of CC male hair that's sufficiently long and has bangs too. Before the gender update, I was even using the gender-swap Maxis hair CC for guys, because the male styles that were tagged as "long" in the beginning were really more medium-length, and there was no actual long hair for guys, and that just was not working for me.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @SimsLovinLycan omg I hate bald sims 😤 I tried to create a sim who fit a bald head build to get past my hate for bald headed sims but I couldn’t do it! I just can’t! I’d have rather given them that hideous untextured Afro from BG🤮 looks like a untextured garbage bag on their heads
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    All my RL partners have had long hair.

I use long hair when it suits the male Sim, but most of the long hair styles available are overly feminine IMO.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I almost exclusively make fantasy sims, so long hair is a must. :D

This ball of cinnamon cyanide is someone I made with my friend. His name is "Evil Mc Evil", and I'm delighted with how he turned out. >:)
    dWIcpmT.png
    +

'Nother dude. He fluctuates between uber-long, Rapunzelesque purple hair and short, fluffy do's.
    exMfSEJ.png

• Options
    delphiniadelphinia Posts: 16 Member
    I love using long hair on my male sims!! To me the sims are basically my ideal world where gender stereotypes are non existent and every sim is able to be who ever they want regardless of gender and other things.
  • Options
    Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    I think 99% of the males sims I've created have long hair. The other 1% is hair tied up XD
    Had to download quite a lot of cc to get long hair in the early days (was a must for me), actually still do.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Honestly, I don't even know why this is an issue. Hair style preference is all for whoever is the person playing the game. After seeing this topic, I've actually noticed more women in town here with short hair and more men with long hair. But to be honest, it's about 50/50.

Personally I prefer comfortable hair. Or useful hair. When I was a cook at restaurants, I would shave my head. Not for style, but for convenience and it's more sanitary. For actual style, medium to longer looks good, in my opinion. Short hair can too. Though really it looks more "professional". Or like in the military. That sort of thing.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Well, it is only an issue for me because it turned out to be a solution for my Sim's odd face shape, and it actually took me a while - all through his Teen years and his first degree at university - to remember feminine hair styles were an option.

IRL I keep my hair short for convenience, and don't especially care for long hair on men. Perhaps why it didn't occur to me sooner.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    No! no no no no-no-no. Uh-uh. Long hair on men looks stupid and unattractive. There are a few men that can pull it off, but on most guys it just makes them ugly in a weird feminine way. And men buns are the worst! Of course guys don't all have to go get a haircut on my account. It's your head, your life, and your style, so go with what you're comfortable with. And a lot of guys will go bald anyway, so cherish your hair however you like while it lasts. But for me, I would have a hard time giving any of my male sims even medium length hair.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Yeah, long hair on guys isn't really my style, IRL or in Sims. I didn't have a conservative upbringing or anything like that, it's just not really something I like. If people like long hair on guys, then that's fine by me. I tend to use some hairstyles/items of clothing way more than others, but I guess that's just my aesthetic; I don't do a whole lot of experimenting. I like the looks of many of these Sims you guys have created, though. I don't have the Vampires pack or Realm of Magic (I would like RoM though, Vampires have never been my thing) but even when I've played fantasy/fairy Sims in TS3 I tend to have them with relatively short hair. I also don't have CC, the updates always mess them around from what I've heard and I don't have much of a need/desire for it.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I suppose with hair-cut places closes since winter (the isolation thing), the hair is getting long on many guys here. Myself included.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Aren't hairstyles mostly a cultural thing? Originally, men and women just had..hair and, I guess, wore it however was most practical. And I assume long hair provided some warmth for both genders in the colder regions.

Sometimes, I contemplate how far removed the modern human is from the natural world.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It is cultural. But there's evidence of hair styling from antiquity. The Egyptian upper classes routinely shaved their heads (and women wore wigs). Roman fashions were short hair and shaving for men, elaborate coiffure for upper-class women.

But contemporarily, long hair on men is associated with counterculturalism of the 1960s, where it was explicitly a counterpoint to the military cut, hence emblematic of pacifist, or at least anti-war, sympathies.

I pick it when it suits the Sim - both in terms of what looks good on them, and in their career/lifestyle. But it isn't a go-to, until I am stumped with the usual looks.
  • Options
    CatwooCatwoo Posts: 3 New Member
    Thats the thing I would never do lol. Short hair looks better on males.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    If I ever reinstall the game again this will happen. I really like the idea. They aren't so bad looking with long hair.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm in this club! :blush:

Long hair can look really beautiful on male sims, but I love long hair on all fellas...whether its sims or humans :lol:

I tend to use a mixture of styles, but my favourites are usually ones at medium-shoulder length. I especially love the one from Movie Hangout. I tend to match up whatever suits his face shape. I don't have much in images to show it off right now, but I guess these will have to do:

E9R5idY.jpg

pjCOrUq.jpg

There are times when my sim will either cut his hair off later in life or completely grow it out. I tend to change them a bit when they age up anyway.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    aircastle87aircastle87 Posts: 21 Member
    I very much like long hair and curly hair on men irl but the sims hair isn’t very good for the men. I usually pick the same floppy hair for all my men.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Never past the shoulders unless it’s dreads
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Depends on the Sim, I suppose. It seems to work on my Rock Star, Erik:
    LtATfGK.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/