Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Long Hair on Male Sims

Comments

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I like using long hair on male Sims and I'd love to have more options. My occult male Sims almost all have long hair.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I dont like long hair on my sims unless theyre a skater type or like a artsy type with a man bun
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I'm the same way with the CAS assets for use with either gender, especially hair styles. I love long hair on males so I use it a lot, probably more than short hair. I was a teen in the late 70s early 80s when hair bands and long hair on males was in style so that might have something to do with it. :) Anyway, here's just a small sample of styles for my male Sims that I use perhaps too much, but I love them. *shrugs*

I personally think they all work, not a regret in the bunch. What do you think?

My all time favorite Super Sim, Josh Hunter.
    0HNluFE.png

And here are his other two brothers, Joel Hunter (another Super Sim) is the redhead, and the guy next to him is Jon Hunter.
    8aCvqRu.png

Here's Jon again in another save.

fq0E76n.png

Marty McCoy when he'd first arrived in Del Sol Valley with dreams of becoming a Global Superstar.
    BrPunqb.png

And back home after he'd won his first Starlight Accolade. Notice he has the same style as Josh. It's my favorite.

zxUhAtK.png

Jerrad John as a teen. He would later become an astronaut and grow my first ever perfect garden with every plant available.
    zXiKEUZ.png

Noah Noonday, my Pottawatomie Native American, founder of my Build Newcrest challenge.
    qSXF3b9.png

Noah with his wife, Cassandra Goth.

M1dj24k.png

Ty Horn, Scientist, with his alien Son Quazar.
    BTybWKz.png

And last but not least, Rafael (Raff) Talon, my first Spellcaster.
    NphuEFu.png
    20y0PV9.png

Happy Simming! <3

HOLY COWPLANT BUT YOU MAKE SOME HOT SIM MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree! :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I love to use long hairs on males, I think a lot of them work very well. I probably have just as many long haired male Sims than short haired. A lot of those short styles look so generic and "normal" to me, so I don't really use them. Plus, some males just look more attractive or have more character with long hair.

In the end though, it depends on the Sim. If a Sim really doesn't look right with longer hair, I'll give them a shorter cut. If there's a certain style or personality I'm trying to portray, I'll give them longer or alternative hair.

I also really love the punk hair styles (especially the Sulani mohawk!) and would love to see more of those, especially for men.
    #Team Occult
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited May 2020
    The ability to remove the gender filters in CAS, especially for hairstyle, was one of the reasons I decided to try Sims 4 in the first place.

I use long hair on a lot of male sims (both designated "male" long hair styles and ones from the "female" category, as well as some cc long hair styles). And I also use "male" hairstyles on female sims.
    Apollo and Cam
    Apollo-and-Cam.jpg

Josh
    Josh.jpg

Tristan
    Tristan.jpg

I think it's probably not common (in the US at least) for men to wear their hair in up-dos like this, but I personally like the way it looks. Tristan wears his hair in a bun when he's working out or cooking.
    Tristan-work-out.jpg

Tristan-working.jpg

And I like being able to use long hair on some of my male vampires.
    Sage
    Sage.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I like long and short hair on both male and female sims. I do find that most men hairstyles are kind of terrible compared to their female counterparts so I remove the gender option quite often for hair for both genders.

I do this a lot with clothes too. :)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love love love long hair on men! IRL and in the Sims - it's not that often I will give a male sim short hair (only if it suits their personality/story)

yXsx5g5.png
    Pr51Ebw.png
    FOMA6HO.png
    This one is the really long ponytail from Island Living (hard to tell - bad pic I know)
    tjrA0gk.png
    qtZRHGu.png
    VcPfxpO.png
    DsYpO7q.png

I think my male sims have longer hair than most of my female sims haha
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Lizzychicago @Busufu Thank you both for your comments on my guys, very much appreciated! :)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Almost all of my guys have long hair.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    no for male sims short hair is better at least thats my view as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited May 2020
    Absolutely yes. Here are some of mine!

Luca, who is on the Gallery (they're nonbinary, but AMAB and genderfluid, so he'd say 'close enough'):
    0zHBOUx.jpg

Elijah, a 200-year-old vampire who likes modern fashion:
    sbejjwb.png

Raylan Lange, the trailer version of Caleb Vatore (with different traits, aspirations, etc):
    taW6gXG.png

Related (literally, he's Raylan's great-grandson), the younger version of Chester Vatore, Caleb and Lilith's dad:
    bbZxMG1.png

And last up, Finn, Hermit of Granite Falls:
    S3YLLBX.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I like the option to give male sims long hair. Most of them have short hair but I am happy that I don't need to install cc for those few who look better with long hair.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    I noticed that I had custom hair (CC) for only female adult awhile ago so I looked for male CC hair too recently. Found some really cool styles, all lengths. Particularly a Qui-Gon Jin style. Alot of it actually works depending on the sim regardless. I've been meaning to look for more child and toddler hair too. The ones I have now are awesome. (Nothing wrong with the non-cc hair, I just like more unique characters sometimes) ;)

Like this is one of the only child hair I have CC so far, on two girl sims now, the other is brown.
    So cute!!!
    (Sorry) :p
    1K6bJib.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love long hair on male sims. Here are some of mine:

Maltti Laukkanen
    cJ8oZpC.png
    4WbZOu5.png

Hisoka Ohno
    CW4G7Iq.png
    d4bYi6R.png

Syrup Pancakes and his son Syren
    cscJqok.png
    rNVgAU7.png

Secret Black
    70K6G20.png
    5qgSMbS.png

Harry Harmaja (he became a vampire)
    iS9UzSt.png
    TicVn1z.png

Meeko Monroe
    Co2wuMt.png
    Kze7aZO.png

No my sim but wow
    IFEsVJm.png

This post turned out longer than I first thought but since I spent the time digging up those screenshots...
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I like long hair on male sims if it suits their face, character and background. My main sim has short hair, but he's a 500+ year old vampire, so I expect he has probably rocked a few longer styles too in the past! I think it's great we can use female hairstyles for male sims, but I do wish we had more long/medium and even short male hairstyles. I think male sims generally need more attention and variety in CAS.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    What about Wayne and Garth? :DB)

waynes-world--696x442.jpg
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I think long hair on male sims looks good, although it's like men irl, better suited for some than others. One of my fav male sims gas the long hair with the braids on the side. He's menat to be an orc and this style works best for the look Im going for.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I remove the gender swatch when I'm looking at hair. I love long hair on male Sims, and some of the hairstyles look good on either gender. It all depends on their personality.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I'm a guy with long hair (I wear a ponytail)... and I don't even like having my male Sims wear their hair long... lol I know it sounds confusing, but yeah... :D

@InuMiroLover @DoodlyDoofus @Lustianicia I'm a long haired dude too. But, I kinda know why we don't like to play with long haired males in SIms 4... You can only find 1/2 long hairstyles that don't look weird... Like... They have b00b shapes on them, and its a lil annoying.

@ryttu3k your boys look so cute, omg
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I never did until a while back where I said 'Ok, let's create sims now that are different than what I usually come up with to explore CAS a bit more.'
    So, I made these 3 incl. a long haired guy.

13-9-18-22-13-19.png
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited May 2020
    Karon wrote: »
    Like... They have b00b shapes on them, and its a lil annoying.

The hairstyles? *dies*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've found if long hair suits the male's character it can work well. This is my favourite long haired male sim, Tadeo Quest.
    hde52cO.png
    He is a warlock/vampire hybrid with magic hair (one of the reasons why it's pink). I found some of the base game long styles, when I first made him, looked either a bit too girly or just didn't suit his personality. He isn't someone who'd be too bothered about styling his hair but uses it to hide his features a bit (he is very self-conscious about his large ears, amongst other things, and doesn't like to draw attention to himself).
    Here he is in vampire form:
    2eKqPR8.png
    I like the way his hair falls in certain shots. Tadeo is also quite clumsy and easily flustered so a slightly messy, floppy hairstyle works well in comedy scenes. He is one of my favourites to photograph because of the amount of goofy poses and expressions I can get from him.
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    depends on what male sim i'm making. the more artsy or musician types i like long hair on.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I can't help but think of Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII...a villain from the Shinra military, part alien, and with like knee-length grey/silvery hair hanging freely.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Yes please!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame