Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Long Hair on Male Sims

How do you feel about it?

I'll admit, the ability to grab CAS assets for my Sims regardless of gender is one of my favorite things in TS4, and I find a lot (though by no means all) of the hair styles translate just fine.

This is an Island Living 'do (I think) that I used for Faunus when I decided he grew out his hair. Reminiscent of some guys I knew in college, and after during my urban bohemian days.

iImWLsO.png

What styles do you use? Which have you tried and regretted?

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I have a few males with long hair, but not this particular style. I use the long braided one for my pirate and several others.

My kids here are Kade (red hair by the bookcase) and Corey (long hair in a bun by the bunny
    GeCicW7.png

Kade's hair stayed the same after aging into a teen but Corey braided his, still long. I only have a screenshot from the back right now
    H3ainQ5.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I'm the same way with the CAS assets for use with either gender, especially hair styles. I love long hair on males so I use it a lot, probably more than short hair. I was a teen in the late 70s early 80s when hair bands and long hair on males was in style so that might have something to do with it. :) Anyway, here's just a small sample of styles for my male Sims that I use perhaps too much, but I love them. *shrugs*

I personally think they all work, not a regret in the bunch. What do you think?

My all time favorite Super Sim, Josh Hunter.
    0HNluFE.png

And here are his other two brothers, Joel Hunter (another Super Sim) is the redhead, and the guy next to him is Jon Hunter.
    8aCvqRu.png

Here's Jon again in another save.

fq0E76n.png

Marty McCoy when he'd first arrived in Del Sol Valley with dreams of becoming a Global Superstar.
    BrPunqb.png

And back home after he'd won his first Starlight Accolade. Notice he has the same style as Josh. It's my favorite.

zxUhAtK.png

Jerrad John as a teen. He would later become an astronaut and grow my first ever perfect garden with every plant available.
    zXiKEUZ.png

Noah Noonday, my Pottawatomie Native American, founder of my Build Newcrest challenge.
    qSXF3b9.png

Noah with his wife, Cassandra Goth.

M1dj24k.png

Ty Horn, Scientist, with his alien Son Quazar.
    BTybWKz.png

And last but not least, Rafael (Raff) Talon, my first Spellcaster.
    NphuEFu.png
    20y0PV9.png

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't really ever use long hair on my male sims. I'm not such a fan of how long hair looks on men in general. No offense meant to any long haired dudes. :D
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I never use it, but then I'm a product of the 1940's and a dad who was an army sargeant in the South Pacific in WW2.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I like variety, and I have a few males with long hair. I love the fact that we can decide for ourselves what we think work well :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I like longer hair on guys in general and use them all the time for my male sims.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I NEVER use it on my own male sims that I play. Most likely, because of how I was brought up as a military brat and seeing the more conservative expectation of a certain clean cut short hairdos for men. It just is not my thing. While some male sims may spawn with long hair, they are ignored since I just don't find that good-looking.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Never used long hair on my males.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Yes, I use long hair to go with their personality. Mostly cliches and stereotypes. Surfer/beach sims - long hair. Artistic sims - long hair. Hipster sims - long hair. I would never put long hair on a scientist or business sim. It really mixes it up and gives me more options.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm a guy with long hair (I wear a ponytail)... and I don't even like having my male Sims wear their hair long... lol I know it sounds confusing, but yeah... :D
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I don't feel that men or male Sims must conform to some conservative norm in order to be attractive. From what I've seen, long hair can look very good on guys indeed. Just as short hair can look good on women. As long as it is kept healthy and clean, I'm all for more hair.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    I go with whatever I think looks good on a particular Sim. Being able to use all assets for anyone is nice.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Right - I don't even use long hair on Culinary Sims, let alone business types. Though a hairnet could be fun / funny... But most of my Sims are bohemian (with a few straight arrow eagle scouts, when they come out that way).

With Faunus, he inherited a not unattractive but broad-cheeked face that short styles don't flatter at all. And he's an artist/urban bohemian/hipster/mystic, and I think these waves suit him. I was going nuts finding anything that worked until I looked in the Ladies' section.

foGqe62.png
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Oddly enough I can count on one hand the number of male sims I regularly play that have longer than shoulder length hair. I honestly love men with long hair! But with my male sims long hair just has to look right on them or else it just bothers me forever and I can't use it. When I go for the feminine hair options it really takes me awhile to decide on a hair that both fits their personality as well as fits their facial structure. Feminine hair options sometimes looks weird on male sims (at least in my opinion, and if the male sim has a masculine physique), so I often find myself tweaking their facial features a bit until Im pleased that it suits them. Most of the time male sims with "long" hair is more like closer to shoulder length at best.

One of my favorite sims has long hair that as part of his story he'd been growing it out for awhile. I think he's among a few sims of mine (male or female) that have had drastic changes to their hair as part of their story. Usually their hair lengths stay the same.
    t4LTRHg.png Short hair

kQ8XKkO.png Shoulder length

QRnHjnZ.png Ponytail

Z1Xw1lm.png Current length
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    that mid-length base game hair looks surprisingly good on dudes, i think one of the spellcaster npcs from realm of magic uses it. looks good.
  • Options
    prettyprettyplumbobprettyprettyplumbob Posts: 183 Member
    edited May 2020
    This gentleman is from one of my first save files when I got the game! It's custom content hair, but I thought it worked just perfectly! This thread makes me want more long haired boys
    tumblr_nyo3w51zYn1syxydxo1_500.png
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm waiting eagerly for the band career. Hopefully with a coming-back of drums and bass. Heavy metal bands need male sims with long and fluffy hairs.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'm a metal head, grow my hair out nice and long, would like my Sims to follow through. I found maybe one long hair style that I have to steal from the ladies because IMO it's the only one that looks good on men and women. The men's long hair is just no good for me, it's either too short or there's a manbun somewhere involved and that's no good.....There's just too many manbuns in this game in general.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I'm the same way with the CAS assets for use with either gender, especially hair styles. I love long hair on males so I use it a lot, probably more than short hair. I was a teen in the late 70s early 80s when hair bands and long hair on males was in style so that might have something to do with it. :) Anyway, here's just a small sample of styles for my male Sims that I use perhaps too much, but I love them. *shrugs*

I personally think they all work, not a regret in the bunch. What do you think?

My all time favorite Super Sim, Josh Hunter.
    0HNluFE.png

And here are his other two brothers, Joel Hunter (another Super Sim) is the redhead, and the guy next to him is Jon Hunter.
    8aCvqRu.png

Here's Jon again in another save.

fq0E76n.png

Marty McCoy when he'd first arrived in Del Sol Valley with dreams of becoming a Global Superstar.
    BrPunqb.png

And back home after he'd won his first Starlight Accolade. Notice he has the same style as Josh. It's my favorite.

zxUhAtK.png

Jerrad John as a teen. He would later become an astronaut and grow my first ever perfect garden with every plant available.
    zXiKEUZ.png

Noah Noonday, my Pottawatomie Native American, founder of my Build Newcrest challenge.
    qSXF3b9.png

Noah with his wife, Cassandra Goth.

M1dj24k.png

Ty Horn, Scientist, with his alien Son Quazar.
    BTybWKz.png

And last but not least, Rafael (Raff) Talon, my first Spellcaster.
    NphuEFu.png
    20y0PV9.png

Happy Simming! <3

HOLY COWPLANT BUT YOU MAKE SOME HOT SIM MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    that mid-length base game hair looks surprisingly good on dudes, i think one of the spellcaster npcs from realm of magic uses it. looks good.

I know the one you mean. I used it (on different Sims) in two previous generations at one point. That's a good unisex hair.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    There are no good long hairstyle for men that I like. In fact hairstyles for men are very limited i have to use cc
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes, I give a lot of my male sims female long hair. One of my favourites being the side ponytial from Sulani.
    I have long hair cc I add to my own sims from sims resource, too.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    The hair Salim is so handsomely presenting is my fav for guys. Its not really long, but I find it looks good on practically every guy.
    2pQoi3o.png

Also, this one:
    IbYnXUC.png

I tend to go for medium length hair for males, but there are exceptions:
    XSZj8fw.png
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've never throught on using female hair in males. Next time i will have a look for sure. Very good looking guys on this thread :)
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Grew up in the 60s/70s so long hair on males is perfectly normal to me. I am just an old hippie! I don't like bald or businessy looking type hair usually. I like messy looking hair a lot too (on male and female) - just looks more natural to me. I tend to mostly use the longer male styles in sims though because often the female styles just do not look right, but your sims and others pictured here look really good!