Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The "Future Cube"? What can it be?

Comments

• IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness".

This ended up being not just knitting, but metal music and metal knitting. Rock on.

"I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe."

I agree this could’ve been a reference to Don Quixote, given windmills confirmed. But the cow pun in both English and French still has me wondering if there isn’t more news regarding cow plants / cows coming up (or it was just a series icon reference).

“Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas."

Perhaps wishful thinking on my part, but they floated candle-making the last time they were considering an eco living stuff pack (before it became laundry day). So, candle making? Improved off-the-grid?

“Climbing to the top one rung at a time!"

Honestly if this ISN’T ladders then someone should’ve vetted these better before posted them because that is seriously setting the community up for disappointment.

"Self-organization will be key to a happy future."

Could be any number of things. Referring to an inventory update, UI update, reference to the knitting/hobby pack (since there’s so many organizers in the build/buy), referring to eco living because it’s about being self sustaining, or something else entirely. But I don’t think this is nothing.

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    They did say something about sims making their own rules.
  • DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member

It might be related to the "Community Space Project" mentioned on EA website. Maybe some goals to achieve... It reminds me of beach cleaning in Sulani and I feel like we already got eco stuff with Island living so I really hope they will surprise us tomorrow.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited May 2020
    someone who used the magic cube was asked about fairies? my sim witch was;

AFfzWDi.png

the two answers you’ve gotten so far are these

0AzLFFL.png

(translation -

*the fairies are sleeping now. Come back later

*fairies are grateful for the connection they share with you, simname. Continue on that path and your future will be sparkling.)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    akaseven wrote: »

AFfzWDi.png

0AzLFFL.png

(translation -

*fairies are grateful for the connection they share with you, simname. Continue on that path and your future will be sparkling.)

Maybe it is a gamepack about fairies all on their own, where you can be dark fae and light and such like with vampires and spellcasters... that would be something new... in a way as we didnt have a pack dedicated to them before... they were an extra in super natural of sims 3... i didnt see fairies in the new trailer so i doubt it is in that..
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    The waves of darkness on the knitting phrase may be the metal radio station
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Eco Lifestyle: "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." they knew most simmers didn't want/ask for that, but someone did and got what they wanted haha.
    Also, with Eco Lifestyle being a thing now, it makes even more sense for horses, cows and other farm animals to come in a medieval time travel pack. I kinda still thought we would be getting them, cuz in my head they make sense with eco friendlyness and we already had the whole gardening overhauled in Seasons...What else they would add to a farming pack besides those animals?!
    Karon wrote: »
    Also, with Eco Lifestyle being a thing now, it makes even more sense for horses, cows and other farm animals to come in a medieval time travel pack. I kinda still thought we would be getting them, cuz in my head they make sense with eco friendlyness and we already had the whole gardening overhauled in Seasons...What else they would add to a farming pack besides those animals?!

I still think farming has to be an expansion and this would be the perfect opportunity, I’m kind of hopeless. The same goes for a timetravel package, I don't think we will have it and if we do it will be for the past, which at least should be fun. After all, a good part of the mechanics of into the future was perforated both at the university and at the eco (plumbots and the changing world)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Who knows? I'ld like it too, specially like you describe it, farming at the past. This eco ep is the one some people would be surprised with, the gamepack that is coming next is the never done before...
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Eco Lifestyle: "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." they knew most simmers didn't want/ask for that, but someone did and got what they wanted haha.

It's me ! I always get what I want :p !
    @LeGardePourpre I love the idea of the pack too... I might have posted somethign asking for more eco-friednly packs after laundry day. I'm just worried its going to be a glorified compilation of objects and activities related to pollution and ecology.
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 263 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness".
    “Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas."

Perhaps wishful thinking on my part, but they floated candle-making the last time they were considering an eco living stuff pack (before it became laundry day). So, candle making? Improved off-the-grid?

You were right, haha!

Also - 0.981 candelas is equal to 1 unit of candlepower :o
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candlepower

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ok I think we can probably cross some stuff off the list.

1. "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness". =>Metal radio station in Nifty Knitting
    2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms." Gibberish ? Maybe not all these sentences are hints.
    3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe." => Again, that reminds me of something you could see in a video game. It might also not mean anything and they want to drive us crazy.
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." => Anything.
    5. "Your future looks pixelated." => Well, seeing it's a video game, yes it does look pixelated.....No idea
    6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion." => Could be hinting at anything, or nothing.
    7. "Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas." => Candle Making.
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!" => Ladders.
    9. "Self-organization will be key to a happy future." => Could be a hint to Eco Lifestyle, being self sufficient energy and food wise.

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    Just FYI, in French it is not “fairies” but gnomes. I wonder what it is in English ?

AFfzWDi.png

0AzLFFL.png

(translation -

Maybe it is a gamepack about fairies all on their own, where you can be dark fae and light and such like with vampires and spellcasters... that would be something new... in a way as we didnt have a pack dedicated to them before... they were an extra in super natural of sims 3... i didnt see fairies in the new trailer so i doubt it is in that..

• Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited May 2020
    2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms." -- More traits, favorite, color wheel (I remember a thread where someone found a suspected hint from EA's job search information), because we cannot be 100% sure that EA will return to these things

4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." -- Literal meaning, such as cars, bands, farming pack

5. "Your future looks pixelated." -- Don't know why I think it's something relatively adult

6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion." -- I don't know or remember what was discussed last time

9. "Self-organization will be key to a happy future." -- In addition to Dianesims said, I think it also a hint of bands
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Just FYI, in French it is not “fairies” but gnomes. I wonder what it is in English ?

AFfzWDi.png

0AzLFFL.png

(translation -

I think the Fairies questions are actually references to the Sprites from Discover University.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Fairies on their own sounds interesting, if it's as thoroughly developed as Vampires were. Mermaids aren't really any worse than Sims 3 (those underwater scenes only looked pretty), but they aren't better either, which is the big disappointment.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Ok I think we can probably cross some stuff off the list.

1. "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness". =>Metal radio station in Nifty Knitting
    2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms." Gibberish ? Maybe not all these sentences are hints.
    3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe." => Again, that reminds me of something you could see in a video game. It might also not mean anything and they want to drive us crazy.
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." => Anything.
    5. "Your future looks pixelated." => Well, seeing it's a video game, yes it does look pixelated.....No idea
    6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion." => Could be hinting at anything, or nothing.
    7. "Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas." => Candle Making.
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!" => Ladders.
    9. "Self-organization will be key to a happy future." => Could be a hint to Eco Lifestyle, being self sufficient energy and food wise.

I don’t know if you saw a rumor that we will have firefighters in an att before the expansion of the eco lifestyle, maybe phrase 2 and 4 may refer to them, in the sense that it’s a bit distorted, and may refer to sims that end up dying or even arrested (maybe we will finally have police officers in the near future?)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member

There was a rumor that inventories will be updated soon so that we will be able to sort by category. This could be linked to that.
    More info here

• Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited May 2020
    Succy wrote: »
    [...]
    3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe."
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want."
    [...]
    6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion."
    [...]

To me these are three hints at a farming expansion pack in November.
    udder'ly -> referring to cows
    fourth hint could mean that a lot of Sims players have been vocal about wanting a farming EP (including myself)
    discussion -> referring to a live-stream where a Simguru talked about CAS parts for a pack (RoM?) looking like clothes for equestrians
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I hope we either get farm animals in the expansion following this Eco Lifestyle pack or the game pack coming up. The game pack might be horses, and the next EP Country life with farm animals. Maybe that’s where country life leaked from. Here is keeping my fingers crossed and hoping. Eco lifestyle would fit right in with farming.
  • Tay-way654Tay-way654 Posts: 50 Member
    Do we think each message refers to different packs or multiple messages can refer to the same pack?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want."
    Has anyone thought that this "somebody" might be me? Dragons confirmed, baybee.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017