Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The "Future Cube"? What can it be?

Comments

• purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    I'm not normally one for speculation, but I would like to add one alternate interpretation of the "gnome wielding a frozen bunny" line. This seems to refer to past icons and mascots from previous games. Garden gnomes, the freezer bunny, llamas, and Sims 2's rival university mascot. (For anyone who didn't play University in Sims 2, there was an NPC cow mascot who used to randomly show up on university lots; he was supposed to be from the rival school.)

My interpretation is that this is the cow the line is referring to, especially because it refers to the cow as a foe. Maybe they're going to be adding pack previous NPC's?
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

Maybe my theory that there will be a major update before the expansion is becoming more true, someone also commented that they think the cube of the future is also talking about the other contents and if it is really the whole roadmap? including updates? I think we will have an announcement even next week, with EA at this event ... I really hope, it was long months in the dark.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    If its about a free update I'm hoping it s cars.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I would love farming, really hoping it isn’t futuristic or medieval, especially the later, that time period holds no interest for me.
    Hope we get news next week
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's pretty clear to me they're not hinting at a futuristic pack, but at the fact that the future cube is giving us hints.

1. "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness". -> obviously a hint at the knitting pack, and wave of darkness could be related to a paranormal pack (aka Happy Haunts). Also, "wave" could be a hint at ocean swimming in all worlds.

2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms." -> imho this means nothing and is just a troll.

3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe." -> This is the most interesting one: "riding" could be related to a farming pack (horses) and "frozen rabbit" and "impressive foe" could be a hint at a winter vacation pack with Yeti/Bigfoot. Also, the gnome, the frozen rabbit and the llama are all icons of The Sims franchise. Their foe could be the cowplant. That could mean they will play an important role in a new pack, or maybe they just used cowplants because we're getting cows and plants in a Farming pack. Idk this one got me thinking a LOT.

5. "Your future looks pixelated." -> "pixelated" reminds me of naked sims (cause it's the only pixelated thing in the game). May be a hint at a new wohoo spot or maybe a new feature related to being naked.

6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion." -> "the answer that we agreed upon" is probably related to the community pack voting. Probably a Happy Haunts hint.

7. "Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas." -> candles could be related to Happy Haunts as well, maybe some ritual.

8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!" -> ladders/attic hint. Both would match Happy Haunts/ Winter vacation very well.

9. "Self-organization will be key to a happy future." -> definitely a hint, but I have no idea what could it be.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It could also be a farming pack held in the past and with some darkness:

1. "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness" ---> several themes waved together in one only pack

2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms." ---> the packs you've been waiting for will be certain but in certain situations and certain terms. Not in the form we would be expecting

3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe." ---> a man riding a horse with a sword fighting (for) cows and/or other farm animals.

4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." ---> themes that are wanted

5. "Your future looks pixelated." ---> you won't be able to see the future, but maybe the past

6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion." ---> there was this live some time ago when a guru said something about an equestrian look and the other agreed. It may be about horses.

7. "Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas." ---> candelas isn't used since the 19th century. It may be an indication of the past, before electricity

8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!" ---> it can be related to ladders/attics or be refering to fighting to climb in power. From the farm to the royalty.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I really really hope it's a medieval farming expansion pack. These themes could EASILY coincide and actually would be more preferable to me over the typical "farming in the country" pack I envisioned! Imagine a town where everyone who lives there embraces the medieval life and raises livestock, using medieval technologies for off-the-grid lifestyles, and has a run-down aesthetic! I am so on board for a pack like this! It would be so amazingly versatile!
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    They basically confirmed what I thought. The next EP (soon to be announced) is going to be something like into the future/ past (also the way they used the word "travel" in the last patch notes- this was another hint)😌
    akaseven wrote: »

Maybe my theory that there will be a major update before the expansion is becoming more true, someone also commented that they think the cube of the future is also talking about the other contents and if it is really the whole roadmap? including updates? I think we will have an announcement even next week, with EA at this event ... I really hope, it was long months in the dark.

The more I read these, the more I think that these are not hinting at packs at all-but at this month's patch.

We know that there are very strict restrictions on when and how they can reveal upcoming content-especially paid content. But, if there is a patch coming this week, then maybe they got the ok to drop some hints early.

Most of the lines seem to be jokes, or references to things that would most likely come in a patch. The line about self-organization could refer to either inventory organization or collections returning to build mode. (Inventory organization seems more likely, since that seems like it'd be necessary for the knitting pack.) The line about climbing the ladder seems to obviously be referring to, well, ladders. As for the line about the gnome riding the llama, I still think it either has to do with returning NPC's or something to do with the cowplant (maybe finally being able to name them?) The word "udder-ly" is an intentional misspelling (the correct word would have been utterly, as in absolutely or completely), so that is clearly the word to pay attention to there. (Honestly, as much as I'd like to see NPC's come back, my money would be on the cowplant update.)
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited May 2020
    akaseven wrote: »

The more I read these, the more I think that these are not hinting at packs at all-but at this month's patch.

We know that there are very strict restrictions on when and how they can reveal upcoming content-especially paid content. But, if there is a patch coming this week, then maybe they got the ok to drop some hints early.

Most of the lines seem to be jokes, or references to things that would most likely come in a patch. The line about self-organization could refer to either inventory organization or collections returning to build mode. (Inventory organization seems more likely, since that seems like it'd be necessary for the knitting pack.) The line about climbing the ladder seems to obviously be referring to, well, ladders. As for the line about the gnome riding the llama, I still think it either has to do with returning NPC's or something to do with the cowplant (maybe finally being able to name them?) The word "udder-ly" is an intentional misspelling (the correct word would have been utterly, as in absolutely or completely), so that is clearly the word to pay attention to there. (Honestly, as much as I'd like to see NPC's come back, my money would be on the cowplant update.)

it would be perfect finally the much desired big update with old npcs, system of fears and desires of the two, improvements requested, maybe even included cars everything that the base does not have in the game and makes it boring

edit - ok i may have traveled a bit, but stopped to think that a cube has six sides and they can just be saying the future of six soon the six months from now on aka roadmap?
  • DalekFridayDalekFriday Posts: 31 Member
    > @akaseven said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > it would be perfect finally the much desired big update with old npcs, system of fears and desires of the two, improvements requested, maybe even included cars everything that the base does not have in the game and makes it boring
    >
    >

I don't think we can get so much content in one update. I mean, we got a hot tub for the 20th anniversary; if we finally get cars, I can only imagine a dedicated pack ($$).

That's why I think they are teasing several packs/updates (also because of the "knit" ref.) - maybe the TS4 last year content, who knows?
    With this in mind, I like @Wallsisms4ever 's theory about happy haunts! It could be the "major first" they mentioned in the roadmap.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2020
    Succy wrote: »
    Oh I just got:

10. "The future is soon(tm)." Argghhhh! :D

"Future" means "Announcement of an Upcoming Pack" (which will change the life of our sims, their future life)

As I said 2 years ago, EA have their own Soon
    Cambridge Dictionary

soon
    adverb

in or within a short time; before long; quickly

EA Dictionary

soon
    adverb

in or within a few months; later; not plan yet
    It's a way to keep the spotlight while nothing is happening for a long time.
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Here is my take on the prophecy
    1. "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness".
    It may be a general prophecy, i.e. the future pack(s) that will be announced is currently unknown.
    2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms."
    The future pack(s) referred in first sentence will be revealed in usual time and usual place and/or method. It could be usual Tuesday Trailer or announcement at the game event.
    3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe."
    The Sims, symbolized with the mascots (gnome, frozen rabbit, llama), will encounter something related to cow in the pack(s).
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want."
    The pack(s) theme will fulfill request from some Simmer, i.e. The pack(s) theme is things that have been requested.
    5. "Your future looks pixelated."
    It could be a general prophecy similar to #1, however pixelated could be meant that the future pack(s) have old-school or nostalgic feel. (Remember that pixelated 3D model in an old PS1 game? Yeah, that's why pixelated relates to nostalgia)
    6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion."
    The future pack(s) surely come and the theme have been discussed openly.
    7. "Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas."
    The number is very specific. Intensity of 0.981 candelas is the light intensity of candlelight. Therefore, the pack(s) will contain something related to candlelight.
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!"
    Yeah, ladder it is.
    9. "Self-organization will be key to a happy future." <--- This sound like another upcoming feature. Inventory organization perhaps?
    Self-organization could be referred to the fact that the future pack(s) will need sufficient micromanaging to play it happily, or it could be Sims autonomy, it also could mean self-employment/business.

Note that I use "pack(s)" word in the interpretation, because there is possibility that they tease more than one pack here. The pack(s) also may be an update, Stuff Pack, Game Pack, or Expansion Pack.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    [quote="Succy;c-17477777"]I just went in game and had my sim ask the Future Cube about the future, and these are the results she got:

1. "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness". <--- reference to the upcoming community stuff pack?
    2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms." <--- any thoughts?
    3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe." <--- no idea
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." <--- that's just a message for all of us speculators :p
    5. "Your future looks pixelated." <--- thoughts?
    6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion." <--- ???
    7. "Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas." <--- this one we need to research a bit I think!
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!" <--- if that's not a hint at ladders, then I don't know what is!
    9. "Self-organization will be key to a happy future." <--- This sound like another upcoming feature. Inventory organization perhaps?

Please share your thoughts and any possible answers I didn't already discover![/quote]

I feel time travel, but to the past. Darkages to be exact. 1 refers to the dark ages. 3 refers to a knight holding a lance in medieval games. 4, sure the community asked for it. 5, an arcade game? 7, again medieval times, at least a time before electricity.

But whilst I would LOVE the opportunity to time travel to the past, and possibly accidentally wipe my sim and their family from existance, or destroy Nancy Landgraab before she was born, I won't risk getting excited and let down again.

So it's just weird responses from a future cube for me.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Probably an update on emotion/personality because the future cube can affect the Sims emotions. ;)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    MrSunshine wrote: »
    5. "Your future looks pixelated."
    It could be a general prophecy similar to #1, however pixelated could be meant that the future pack(s) have old-school or nostalgic feel. (Remember that pixelated 3D model in an old PS1 game? Yeah, that's why pixelated relates to nostalgia)
    Now that you said this, it made me think that perhaps "Your future looks pixelated" refers to old times and that the pack will be historic/ present past times.

Perhaps medieval, some of the future cube lines give medieval vibes. Horses (and cows and other farm animals?) could come in a medieval pack.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    udder'ly impressive foe I think its talking about a giant cow plant
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I just went in game and had my sim ask the Future Cube about the future, and these are the results she got:

1. "The threads of your future knit together in a wave of darkness". <--- reference to the upcoming community stuff pack?
    2. "Your uncertainty, certainly shall become certain, under certain situations in no uncertain terms." <--- any thoughts?
    3. "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe." <--- no idea
    4. "Somebody is definitely going to get exactly what they want." <--- that's just a message for all of us speculators :p
    5. "Your future looks pixelated." <--- thoughts?
    6. "Without a doubt, that thing we talked about will come to be, as all of the signs are pointing to the answer that we agreed upon in our last discussion." <--- ???
    7. "Your future is... not bright, but illuminated... probably to an intensity of 0.981 candelas." <--- this one we need to research a bit I think!
    8. "Climbing to the top one rung at a time!" <--- if that's not a hint at ladders, then I don't know what is!

Please share your thoughts and any possible answers I didn't already discover!

I feel time travel, but to the past. Darkages to be exact. 1 refers to the dark ages. 3 refers to a knight holding a lance in medieval games. 4, sure the community asked for it. 5, an arcade game? 7, again medieval times, at least a time before electricity.

But whilst I would LOVE the opportunity to time travel to the past, and possibly accidentally wipe my sim and their family from existance, or destroy Nancy Landgraab before she was born, I won't risk getting excited and let down again.

So it's just weird responses from a future cube for me.

This is what I’m leaning towards too, especially considering what the Future Cube actually is. It’s a play on toys like the Magic 8 ball. People ask it questions and it produces an ambiguous, semi-mystical sounding response that is so generic it could apply to anything. Honestly, most of these do seem to be parodies of typical “Magic 8 Ball” responses. (If you replace the word pixelated with hazy, I’m pretty sure one of them is a direct copy.)

The only ones that seem like they’re hinting at future content are #’s 1, 3, 8, and 9. (And #1 is kind of half and half; obviously we all know that knitting is coming, but the wave of darkness part seems like the kind of language that toys like that use to make it seem like it’s a real psychic prediction.)

My guess? We’re getting inventory organization and ladders. Possibly something involving cow plants. But that’s it.
  • epdaly11epdaly11 Posts: 15 Member
    I think the one rung at a time might have to do with mountain climbing...remember all the survey questions about a mountain resort and skiing and all that, also the frozen bunny thing fits with that too. The woven together I think references the knitting pack so all in all maybe a mountain EP a back to the future GP and the knitting stuff pack? That's my best guess
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I feel it's a big stretch to use any of these "predictions" from the future cube as hints towards future content.

My thoughts are they are just letting us know that there will be an announcement coming soon, maybe a teaser on Monday for the next expansion pack.
  • Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    What if it was a "Back To The Future" type thing? Time traveling to the past, which then affects things in the future aka present? Which could be kind of interesting, though I'm not sure if I'd truly be interested in it. Unless you can choose how far back, which may be unlikely but would be cool; like three options, perhaps? For example to a more recent decade (50's/20's/80's even?), 1800's, and Medieval times. Those would allow for the most options, I'd think. With the more recent decades allowing for bands perhaps, 1800's being the industrial revolution perhaps with some steampunk elements, and Medieval allowing for farming and such.

That's likely way too much to expect from the Sims 4, but ya know, just putting it out there. Because honestly, time travel or farming on their own don't speak to me, but in this sort of set up it'd be innovative. Especially since they'd need to incorporate a better memory system for the sims.

If they're going to do something "unexpected" that would certainly be it for me, lol.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    "I see a gnome wielding a frozen rabbit riding atop a llama into battle against an udder'ly impressive foe."

This reminds me of the Town Musicians of Bremen fairy tale. There's a donkey, a dog, a cat, and a rooster and they are often portrayed on top of each other. Sounds like a farming pack :)

No - it's simply evoking several long-running signature Sims mascots: gnomes, llamas, freezer bunny, cow plant. Also, the Bremen Town Musicians were not farmers - they were musicians. IF it's referring to that fairy tale, it's hinting at bands (finally!). It also sounds like 70s van art.
  • SuccySuccy Posts: 29 Member
    9. "Self-organization will be key to a happy future."

Wikipedia result on self-organization gives us this:

"Self-organization, also called (in the social sciences) spontaneous order, is a process where some form of overall order arises from local interactions between parts of an initially disordered system."

I have a feeling this is about story progression.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member

"Self-organization, also called (in the social sciences) spontaneous order, is a process where some form of overall order arises from local interactions between parts of an initially disordered system."

I think self-organization hints at Off-the-Grid gameplay, as you literally have to do everything yourself without electricity or running water
    a256aFi.gif
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

That's a really interesting hint, given what Wikipedia says, sounds like something is going to get some kind of order.