Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A question about Firefighter career mission

Hi, I've been missing some missions while you can get in Firefighter career. Loong time ago, it could be in 2011 or even before, I used to collect Mr.magic gnomes from completing mad gnomes mission..(Not sure this is the correct mission name), and also used to visit the criminal career lot to save the sims from being backfired(I don't remember the name of this mission either). When my firefighter sim visits a house, there are many crazy hopping and shaking gnomes everywhere in that lot. and I quite enjoyed this mission but it has been long time since I haven't seen this mission. Are these missions still available to get? Or it could be blocked from my mods? I almost use NRaas mods and I don't think these will make any changes.

Comments

• skybakerskybaker Posts: 214 Member
    For the special disasters and Angry Gnome Attack, I have tested in Twinbrook many years before and found that such events are limited to corresponding career level.
    • Angry Gnome Attack, Career Level 4-8
    • Space Time Rift (Science Facility), Career Level 7
    • X-Ray Malfunction (Hospital), Career Level 9
    • Evil Plot Backfire (Criminal Warehouse), Career Level 10
    Since the firefighter can be raised quickly by gaining athletic and handiness skills. Once your sims passed the specified level, such events will never occur even using cheats.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    @skybaker Thanks so much! Now I see why I haven't got them. Probably, from the small fire bug, I usually get promoted by leveling up the skills and it skips up to level 5 in Firefighter career. But the issue is that I haven't had them even at career 6,7,8.9.10.. I always get only Big fire and Disaster event only. At level 10 in Firefighter career, I haven't got any of the backfire plot. I will try this again and this time, I will check the cheat as well. Thanks :D
    I haven’t tested the with combined rabbitholes. Don’t know whether is here a bug. Moreover, the disaster may occur in specified career level but not absolutely.
    If you don’t mind to use cheat. You can change the career level with MasterController. Then use “testingcheatsenabled” with shift-click on the corresponding rabbitholes or residential lots and force the disaster to occur.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
    @skybaker Thank you. I will try to cheat when my sims reaches up to level 5 or 6. :)
    edited May 2020
    @skybaker
    Finally, I was able to get the angry gnomes mission from cheat..:D The problem is that space time rift mission is not available in Science Facility. My sim is in level 7 in Firefighter career. I can see the mission but it's grayed out and says,'There's no place to be available.' I can try on the level 8 in Firefighter career.

(10 mins later..)

Eventually, my sim reached up to level 8 in Firefighter career and the space time rift mission has gone...;(
    @Jeansoo, I’m not quite sure for your problem. As mentioned before, I tested in Twinbrook (neighbourhood comes with Ambitions) only. I guess my method is not working in every neighbourhood even someone said it works in Appaloosa Plains with combined rabbitholes.
    I suggest you to add a new lot with the Science Lab of Twinbrook (not necessary to copy the lot from Twinbrook, make an empty lot and place the Science Lab rabbithole) and test again.
    Good luck.
    AqWKHoo.jpg
    skybaker wrote: »
    @Jeansoo, I’m not quite sure for your problem. As mentioned before, I tested in Twinbrook (neighbourhood comes with Ambitions) only. I guess my method is not working in every neighbourhood even someone said it works in Appaloosa Plains with combined rabbitholes.
    I suggest you to add a new lot with the Science Lab of Twinbrook (not necessary to copy the lot from Twinbrook, make an empty lot and place the Science Lab rabbithole) and test again.
    Good luck.

Ahh no no it's ok. thanks! :D I just wanted to let you know this result. Happy simming. :blush: