Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

School/Education Pack!

darkroomxdaisydarkroomxdaisy Posts: 52 Member
edited April 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I think it's time for a school/education pack! Below are some of my ideas about what it could have and things I'd love to see.

{Pre-School for Toddlers}
I'd love the option to pay to send your toddler to pre-school a couple times a week/few hours a day. While there they'd get an increase of needs and skills. This could also allow them to start with a B once they enter Grade School.

{School Reputation}
Reputation is something every Grade and Highschool student would have. Their reputation would reflect based on a Sim's specific traits, grades and attendance.

{Private and Boarding School Options}
One of the biggest things I miss from the previous Sims is additional schools to attend. I know we have the "Good Schools" lot trait, but it just doesn't makeup for the lack of options. Private and boarding school options could require certain grades, skills and money to join. Students would gain skill traits while there and better schooling could lead to better opportunities such as jump starting their career or college education. If your Sim is currently enrolled in public schools, maybe they could even get recognized by a private/boarding school for having a good grades, attendance and reputation.

{Homeschooling}
Parents would be able to home-school their kids. This would require work to be done on the computer and submitted. Their scores will reflect based on the work done and time spent. Teens can not homeschool a child or themselves, only a high school graduate or older can homeschool. Adults may also hire a homeschool teacher to come to the house Monday-Friday. Students will get better grades and overall results if they're taught by a hired homeschool teacher or an adult in the Education career.

{Tutors}
Is your child not doing as well as they should be in school? Hire them a tutor! Tutors will cost money and may be needed to return more than once to get your child's grades up to where they should be.

{After School Sports and Clubs}
Students could join their school's sporting team. This would require them to stay after school, attend games on the weekends, watch sports on TV, learn game plays on the computer, work out, raise their status and even become Team Captain. Students could be benched for poor grades, reputation and attendance and even be kicked off the team. Students would earn reputation, fitness skill, jump-start in the athletic career, could get recognized by private/boarding schools (and even earn scholarships to them).

Students could join after school clubs such as School Newspaper, Yearbook, Foreign Language, STEM Club, etc. Depending on their chosen club, Sims would earn skills, traits, reputation, etc. Students would need to practice certain skills at home that reflect the club of their choosing such as writing, photography, charisma, motor, logic, rocket science, etc. Increasing your Sims skills will result in leveling up in their club. (Example: For the school newspaper you could start as a writer and work your way up to editor or publisher. You may be required to attend the school's sporting event over the weekend to take photos or interview the team.) Students could be asked to step down from a high position and even removed from their club for poor grades, reputation and attendance. Reaching a high level in your club will result in a jump-start in specific careers.

For Discover University owners, your teen could even earn a scholarship to college.

{Highschool Improvements}
Teens could attend a big dance such as prom. They could go alone, with friends or with a date. Maybe they might even win "Prom King/Queen".

I'd like to be able to give teens the opportunity to study for standardize testing. From experience, it always seems that I get the pop-up of my Sims "not doing as well as they hoped" on their test and I run into the issue of dealing with the negative moodlet. The option to study could result in positive moodlets and even get noticed by private/boarding schools if your Sim is currently enrolled in public schools.

Teens could have the chance to be suspended from school (for the defiance or goofball trait, skipping/leaving school early, or having a below C grade level).

Teens could join a trade-school while in highschool. This would allow them to jump start their career in the trade-school certificate they earned when becoming a young adult. Or maybe they could get a part-time job as an "intern" which would also allow them to have a jump start on any career they choose.

{For Discover University Owners}
Teens could earn scholarships or even early acceptance to college for good grades, after school activities, higher skills, good school reputation, good test scores and for attending a private/boarding school students.

Teens can earn college credit while in highschool. For teens who have an A in school, they could be granted the opportunity to take classes at school that will earn them credits towards a selected degree. This will allow you to need less than 12 credits once you start college.

If your Sim is already at a certain level for skills that they would gain in their college course from homework, they could be rewarded by not needing to do homework for that class.

So that's what I got! What do you think? Would you like a school pack? If so, what would you hope it has?

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I really want a school pack but here's my list of what I want it include.

Teacher Career - Active... 3 branches preschool/elementary/high school.

Preschoolers in general - Entire new life state. The toddlers in the game are way too young for preschool learning how to walk/talk/potty etc. I want to see the 3-5 age group as a brand new life state that reflects this age group. Old enough to learn to read, attend music classes but not old enough to stay home alone like kid aged sims. I think the life state would have to come first in a free patch though.

Grade School - FOllow thekids. Have them write papers and turn them in, etc. to school like an active career. Homework/Report cards divided by subject. After school activities such as chess club, dance, soccer.

High school - Same as Elementary but when you follow kids to school the school will be different and you'll have to get to a different class per each subject and at this age include a school cafeteria. More after school clubs like newspaper etc. A choice in which school kids attend.

Overall- More school options. Especially homeschool but private/boarding would be nice too.

• Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    I really love these ideas! Hopefully with the proposed "American High School" in the April survey, some of these sorts of ideas could be built in to make a more full education pack!
  • Options
    I really want a school pack but here's my list of what I want it include.

Preschoolers in general - Entire new life state. The toddlers in the game are way too young for preschool learning how to walk/talk/potty etc. I want to see the 3-5 age group as a brand new life state that reflects this age group. Old enough to learn to read, attend music classes but not old enough to stay home alone like kid aged sims. I think the life state would have to come first in a free patch though.

Grade School - FOllow thekids. Have them write papers and turn them in, etc. to school like an active career. Homework/Report cards divided by subject. After school activities such as chess club, dance, soccer.

I love your idea of a pre-school life stage! This would be a great addition and open the world to attend pre-school. It doesn't even have to be a long life stage, maybe just 7 days or so would be fun!

Having the option to follow your sim to school would be incredible! I've always wanted to do that. I remember back with TS1 I would create a house with one adult and all kids just to pretend that it was a boarding school LOL!
  • Options
    BK747 wrote: »
    I really love these ideas! Hopefully with the proposed "American High School" in the April survey, some of these sorts of ideas could be built in to make a more full education pack!

I was a little unsure with the route they were trying to take with the "American High School".. It almost sounds like they're going more for the cliques and drama side of highschool and not as much as the education like I'm hoping :neutral: But like you said, maybe they will expand the idea into a whole pack to get what everyone else is talking about and throwing out ideas for!
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would also want a school Gamepack and I liked the idea they had in the survey but me and my friends were thinking it will be way more fun and better to incorporate all ages from toddler-teens to have School.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Before they add active schools, I hope they add the ability to control Sims not on the current lot. For me, the inability to do so is a huge deterrent to using active careers. All the other Sims wither away with no improvement or advancement just so one can work as a Detective.
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

These are some great ideas!

I love the idea of having an optional pre-school system for toddlers as a way to build skills and increase school performance when they're older. Perhaps there could even be multiple options (much like there are in real life) that focus on different areas; a more academic-focused one that raises their school performance but sends them home tired and cranky, or a more relaxed one that improves their communication and imagination skills but doesn't offer as many academic benefits. Maybe certain pre-schools are skill-locked, so you can only enroll your toddler after they've hit level 3 of movement or level 2 of potty.

Overall, I'd like a similar system for all schools in the game. I really miss the private school in TS2. The whole scenario fo having to impress the headmaster to get in was so much fun. And while I didn't love the boarding school aspect of TS3, I would love to see different options for normal schools along the same lines-ones focused on art, science, music, etc.

I also would love to be able to "create" a school for Sims to enroll in, the same way we create clubs and holidays. Give your school a name. Decide it's hours-do the kids start super early in the morning? Do they only go to school for half a day? Do they have class until 6:30 at night? Does the school charge tuition? Pick a uniform (or not.) Pick a mascot. Pick the skills that improve while students are there. Want a music school? Make it so they learn violin, piano, and guitar. Want an art school? Painting and handiness (for sculptures.) STEM academy? Programming and robotics. You could even make a school that specializes in the mischief skill Obviously, this would be more limited for children since they only have 4 child skills-but perhaps elementary school choices remain more basic (public vs. private) but when they grow to a teen you get to pick a specific high school. Maybe the schools gain reputations and rivalries the same way clubs do.

What I'm not so sure I'd love is an active, GTW style school system. But what I would like to see is a "field trip" system. A pop-up comes up while your kid is at school that says "X has a field trip today to (Insert Name of Lot). Would you like to go along?". If you say yes, you travel to a park, arts center, museum, or maybe a pool or beach with your Sim and about 5 to 6 others of the same age. I don't need to watch them in the classroom every day, but let me be there for the fun stuff.

As far as after-school activities go, more would always be welcome. The current system we have for Scouts and drama club could be applied to a lot of other activities. I would love to see school sports teams, band/orchestra/choir, art clubs, school newspapers...really, the sky's the limit on that one. I also would love to see the return of school events, like prom or graduation, but I am realistic that if these were to return they would most likely be rabbit-hole events the same way the drama club performances are in Get Famous.

Finally, I would like to see parents of younger Sims be more involved with their school. Not necessarily to the extent of homeschooling them (though that would be a nice option to have as well) but being able to react to or read their children's' report cards or go into the school for a parent-teacher conference. Maybe kids (or even toddlers in pre-school) could bring home a note in their inventory from their teacher that the parent has to read and sign.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    moomoo Posts: 81 Member
    I love everyone's ideas here. I so want more for our toddlers, children and teens. Especially teens! They were my favourite age group in TS2 but now they obviously don't have a tonne of differences to YA and even adults really. Even if they didn't want to do an entirely school focused pack, so many of these ideas would fit with doing a generations pack for sims 4. I didn't play TS3 enough to get generations but it sounds amazing and I really want that for the sims 4. Almost all of these ideas would fit with generations, so with all the preschool and school ideas combined with a few extras would be amazing. I really hope we get Generations or Schools as one of the next EPs!
    Gallery name is 2000_mollymoo💙
  • Options
    What I'm not so sure I'd love is an active, GTW style school system. But what I would like to see is a "field trip" system. A pop-up comes up while your kid is at school that says "X has a field trip today to (Insert Name of Lot). Would you like to go along?". If you say yes, you travel to a park, arts center, museum, or maybe a pool or beach with your Sim and about 5 to 6 others of the same age. I don't need to watch them in the classroom every day, but let me be there for the fun stuff.

I think the field trip idea is a great compromise! I'd love to see that!!

• Options
    frenchfreyfrenchfrey Posts: 36 Member
    I liked a lot of the stuff that Sims 3 generations had to offer for the teens - proms, teen parties, graduation is a semi-event (that parents could attend!), and just more involvement in teen life in general. I don't know how those things could be added at this point with parenthood already out and whatnot.
  • Options
    plantasimplantasim Posts: 28 Member
    I need this :(
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I want a school GP (or even EP) too, I also made a thread about that.

I’d like an active teacher career and being able to follow kids and teens to school.
    Also I’d like after school activities, detention etc

They don’t even have a proper school building right now!!