Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will I be able to use a Worlds Bundle for The Sims 3 that I have bought used?

I am looking at buying a used Worlds Bundle for The Sims 3 that was originally sold at retail. It comes with discs to install Hidden Springs & Monte Vista and, I assume, an installation key. Can I install the Worlds with the Key and the Disc, like an expansion pack, or does the code need to be redeemed on the Sims 3?
(If you need some further explanation or re-wording then please let me know.)

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    The worlds that are available on disc do not really install from the disc. They lead you to the TS3 store site to process the key on your store account and to then download and install from the store. If the code has already been used by a former owner, then I am afraid these discs serve no useful purpose as ownership of TS3 store assets cannot be transferred between accounts. If the code had never been used, which would be impossible to tell for sure without trying it, then it would be as if the discs themselves were new.

It could also be argued that the discs serve no useful purpose anyway since the worlds can also be purchased through the store or Origin through some combination of cash or store points.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I may have an interesting experience ahead. A few years ago I bought the same bundle at a retail PC game store, still on the rack, yet, not a bargain bin, and one of the very few PC games they had. The bundle is still in all its shrink-wrapped glory, so the codes should work. Interestingly, it is rated 12 and says 'manufactured in EU'. It also says, 'internet connection and origin account required to play', which reinforces your comment on how the loading actually works. Confess to wondering if an EU disk will even run on a USA computer.
  • TM3305TM3305 Posts: 46 Member
    I assume that an EU disc would work on a computer in the States. I believe that origin could flag it up, but it may not. Don’t quote me, I’ve not actually tried it, and I believe it’s worth a go.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    I can confirm that EU discs work in the States. When I was buying my all disc collection I didn't even notice that some of them were EU until someone mentioned the difference on here. They install and work just fine.