Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Turn some of those survey options into a legacy themed update: A letter to Staff.

Last night's survey was probably the only time I'd felt such excitement since first purchasing the sims 4 and since then, all I've wanted to is get on my knees and beg EA/Staff to release a SP/Legacy themed update adding all the living/world options we were able to vote on during the survey, leaving the rest of more pack themed ideas to be just that, packs, giving the sales team the ability to say "We're not coming out of this completely blind/unable to choose the subject which'll best suit our buyers" Yes, that will still happen but hopefully, with certain elements scratched off the list and given to us for free, it'll give them more space/time/freedom since for many of us, story/legacy/family building is our main goal and with simmers busy with SP/improved age groups/more general things to see and do which will give their creations more life, they can hopefully take our reactions and overall votes as helpful hints as to where to start next.
By no means am I dismissing other sorts of simmers, from purely building/cosmetic to strict control/complete self-sufficiency simmers (You do your own thing and don't care what the houses around you do). this topic/survey released just got me so excited that the thought of losing it to cheerleading (Seriously, that can't just be a feature in highschool?) drove my plumbob here to ask for this update.

Call me selfish, call me thoughtless and self-oriented, call me a veteran simmer who cannot let go of the sweet sims 3 past where you could spend a week in-game and go to the park for a nice picnic and spot so and so who'd previously never known each other, now happily together with a baby on the way! I miss those days and seeing SP on the survey brought back that zest, even if we don't have an open world and just SP/improved age groups, that's not a problem, for me at least, I'm happy to have my sim wash dishes and look out the window to see Nina and Dina chasing their toddlers who look suspiciously like their step-father Don Lothario! Just seeing the world around my sims change and grow and expand it's too good to let float away or be pushed aside.
Also for us legacy fans, it saves a lot of time and energy going house to house, forcing relationships, forcing births that could easily happen naturally via Story Progression, an option with easy to toggle on/off abilities and specific filters that way simmers who don't want it can just not have it, or have certain elements without having to risk losing a plot for their stories! Options make the world go round!

Now I'm aware these will take time and maybe a big legacy update will have to come in segments, fine, great, as long as they come, I can wait, been waiting for sims packs/updates/etc since I was 7 years old, my heart can wait.
What I hope for the overall update if there were to be one, is improved age groups, most if not all listed or most voted, SP, growing pains and life issues, birth traits, results that leave to makeups, break ups, marriage, divorces, better emotions and whims, family connections/evolutions, just one big, or few small, legacy themed update that brought life to the sims 4 as the game was meant to portray in the first place.

At this moment the sims 4 is nothing more than robots with skin (And no skin if you have the uni pack), nothing interesting happens and when it does, you can't fully enjoy it because only your sim interacts with it and nobody else is affected, not even that creepy old man next door! He just keeps going about his day like he didn't see you get beamed up like Scotty and lobbed back down to earth like a ragdoll! He's obvious! Which is what I want to see get changed, to see how the world handles these events when EVERYONE IS INVOLVED.

By no means do I expect this to come immediately, coding/games/anything takes huge amounts of time and frankly I'd rather wait for a fully functioning/semi less glitchy SP feature than get thrown a quick, low quality version which took two days and destroys my game. Happy to wait.

All I'm asking, begging, is that if any Staff/Dev's are reading this, please, from a veteran simmer whose loved this game from the beginning, please, give us back story progression, give us back babies we can feed from the fridge and at times leave on the floor because we're too lazy to walk the two feet back to their cot, please enable Don Lothario to reach his potential and date/marry every woman in Willow Creek while also keeping some to the side, let us have that joy of our sims meeting their downfall after an affair, a betrayal or breakdown at work, let our games have life again! Like the good old days.

Sincerely, a veteran simmer who has no other life outside of sims and drinking wayyyyy too much cola than is healthy for any normal person.

Have a nice day, everybody.
Please save any negativity for another day and for those hoping to add to this letter, comment below.

I'll see you all later.
Dag Dag

Comments

• RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I would not call you selfish at all and think you make some very good, valid points. What do I love about Sims 4? Being able to build homes and other venues easily. I love Sims 3 and Sims 2, but always struggled with building in those games. I love the way our sims look and how easy it is to make our sims. I wish there were more varied sims, but maybe that will come. I don't care much for the closed world, would like to have at least open neighborhoods if not full open worlds.

I would love to have our babies freed from the bassinet. Babies, children, teens, well all age groups were really well developed in Sims 2. Giving them baths, the diaper changing, tons of fun things in those games that I would love to see added to Sims 4. Having story progression for all the sims NPC, played or unplayed would be awesome. Watching your Sim dig into the kitchen drawers to make food, going to the stores to shop could be more developed in Sims 4. I know that there are many who want to just stop with Sims 4, but I don't want to, because I have spent a lot of money for these games. Please update the game, add to it etc so much can be done to make this game more than what it is.

Thanks for your post and hope you have a great day too.

• GodleyjeansGodleyjeans Posts: 336 Member
    Thinking about it: a legacy update could easily lead to a ambitions themed pack later on, a throwback to Sims 3 but with some modernized changes which could set it apart from the last generation!
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I don't think it's selfish to want proper story progression options in TS4. Heck, even those of us who prefer to play in "puppet master mode" but don't really care what happens to the random NPC sins the game generates wouldn't mind letting the game play its sims, so long as it doesn't mess with ours. And I would very much enjoy more family connections for our sims, seeing as how I have one save where I have a vampire who is currently raising his equally vampiric great-nephew (Story-wise, the main family home is cursed so every other generation, there's a vampire born there. His niece was born human, but knew about her vampire uncle, and when she saw her son had the same "condition," she asked him to take him in so that he'd have someone to teach him how to handle his powers and not feel like a weirdo or a freak, since he would have other vampires to hang out with and look up to [the uncle has two roommates too, the three of them are basically a bunch of vampire bums].). Because the game doesn't recognize great-uncles or great-nephews, I had to settle for the uncle/nephew relationship with MCCC. Kind of a shame, because it's a really touching story, as the nephew has become a teenager and, thanks to his great-uncle and his friends, has grown confident and comfortable enough with who and what he is to actually date a girl, and plans on becoming a scientist. Meanwhile, raising the kid has inspired these bums who have been hanging around for decades just hanging out and making the occasional mischief to push themselves to be better and more...well, grown up. They're still a bunch of goofball vampire bums, but they're finally starting to act a little less like a bunch of perpetual college-age slackers.

Also, a much better away system should be part of that legacy upgrade. The random way that the game handle your home sims while you're with your away sims is really annoying, especially when you have a sim go out at night when other sims are in bed, then you come back and everyone's up and in all the wrong places. It doesn't even generate the sims doing a skill-building activity when you set your home sims to build skills. It's a real headache. I'd kill for TS2's away system at this point, because it's not really worth it to go off lot with one or two sims and leave the others behind most of the time...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.