Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Community survey speculation thread

Comments

• ElementRoseElementRose Posts: 4 New Member
    what is the likelihood that SOME of the new updates would be included in the base game? like free updates?
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    All these ideas are interesting but I think none is enough popular.

Story Progression is very popular. I've seen many simmers comment on how they wish it would return.

@Jinkx It's my number 1. My #2 Growing Pains and Life Issues

Locals I would like to see are Italian Vineyard, Brazilian Beach, Greek Isles
    I am very interested in Connections to family members outside of the household. It would be nice for extended family to be recognized.
    CAS items I would like to have are body hair and more piercing options and tattoos.
    I don't know why teens weren't included but teens, children, and elders definitely need more interactions and things to do.

WbUrFQm.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    CBook wrote: »
    Jinkx wrote: »
    I hope everyone voted for story progression because if not, I will RIOT.

Oop- I voted for American High School. We NEED more teen and YA gameplay

I did not vote for that at all, especially if we have to add cheerleading into it, ick.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Didn’t the last poll they have mention something like story progression or the romance options? Was anything even done from the last poll?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    what is the likelihood that SOME of the new updates would be included in the base game? like free updates?

It’s possible, if they actually get the story progression done, it’d be crazy(but it is EA) to try to sell that in a pack especially when there’s a mod that does it for free
  • mimilu04mimilu04 Posts: 83 Member
    I am wondering if the themes from this survey are somewhat linked to the question from the previous one earlier this year about improving/adding features to existing packs, as some of them seem to have obvious links, e.g. "Master Chef" with Dine Out; "Malls" and "Heist" with "Get to Work"; "Bands" with "Get Famous"; "Fan clubs" with Get Together; "High School" and "Cheer" with Discover University (that one is more of a stretch).
    All of them seem to rely on features from existing packs, except from the romance/life issues/ NPC progression ones (my personal picks) which would be more base game features?
  • Simson22Simson22 Posts: 1 New Member
    I put short term desires last because I feel like the current aspiration system is kinda short term and we also already have whims. Story progression is #1 no question but I’m not sure how realistic it is that they would add that to an old game considering how much work it would be. A small thing I wish they’d add is the ability to have a multi function lot. I found a sweet resort for Sulani in the gallery but wish I could run it as a restaurant/beach/bar all at once.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited April 2020
    My top answers for each category were:
    - Q2: "Modern Love and Romance", "Heists" and "Shopping Malls".
    - Q3: "Italian Vinyards" (I ♥ed nectar making in The Sims and The Sims 3) and "Swiss Mountain Town" (different from what we have in game at this point)
    - Q5: "Connections to family members outside of household" and "Emotions" (I think EAxis have to work on them.)
    - Q7: "Hair", "Tatoos" and "Accessories"
    - Q8: "Toddlers", "Elders", "Children"
    - Q9: "Children", "Babies", "Elders" (if Teens were included, they would have been my top choice instead)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2020
    Q1: Themes - American High School, Growing Pains/Life Issues, Cheer and Shopping Malls.

Q2: Worlds - Greek Islands, Brazilian Beach Town and Costa Rican Rainforest.

But this one was tough, I also want Chinese Countryside, Korean City and South African City.

Q3: Gameplay
    • Connections to family members outside the household
    • Family evolution outside the household
    • Consequences of making or breaking relationships

Q4: CAS - Tattoos, Accessories and Hair
    Q5: CAS - Dual Eye Colour (Heterochromia), Burns and Prosthetics
    Q6: CAS - Elder, Young adult and Adult
    Q7: Gameplay - Children, Elder, Young Adult

So we can only assume that, unless EAxis is already working on these stuff, we won't get them until early 2021.

Survey 2014 -> 2018 Seasons, Get Famous
    Survey 2015 -> 2019 Discover University
    Survey 2017 -> 2019 Island Living, Realm of Magic

Survey 2017/2020 (January) -> Still pending (Winter Vacation themed pack)
    Survey 2018 -> Still pending (Farm themed pack)

Survey 2020 (April) -> I think something for TS4 could be released in 2022 or 2023
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2020
    My top answers were Growing pains and Life issues, south african city and consequences of making or breaking relationships, the latter being what im most excited about.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited April 2020
    Romance, Story progression, relationship drama, family evolution, emotions, desires...
    more for the babies,elders,kids and toddlers in both questions
    more makeup, accessories and full body outfits
    vitiligo, body hair and heterochromia

all in the chinese countryside *rubs chin*

idk what this about but id buy it

I mean I do think teens and ya are more like romance pack target so in that way i want more for them but also if you just asking about lifestages and if it aint about romance...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    My top picks are Bands and Growing pains. Story progression..I wouldnt purchase that pack as MC Command Center already gives my game story progression.
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    Also picked South African and Italian Worlds.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I’m glad so many voted for Brazilian beach and Greek islands as I would adore that. Although I had to put Scottish highlands too, couldn’t resist ❤️
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

start the riot because it was my least wanted item. I don't want things happening when I rotate out of a household.
    CBook wrote: »

Oop- I voted for American High School. We NEED more teen and YA gameplay

I did not vote for that at all, especially if we have to add cheerleading into it, ick.

I am with you on that.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Question 1:
    Top - Love and romance, Story Progression, Growing Pains.
    Bottom - High School, Fan club, Cheer

Question 2:
    Top - Italian Vineyards, Greek Islands, Scottish Highlands
    Bottom - Costa Rican Rainforest, South African City, Korean City

Question 3: Wanted all of these so none of them were voted too low
    Top - Emotions, Connection to family outside household, Family evolution outside household
    Bottom - Short term desires, long term desires, being born with traits

Question 4:
    Tattoos, Makeup, Accessories

Question 5:
    Body Hair, Prosthetics, Heterochromia

Question 6:
    Toddlers, Children, Elders

Question 7:
    Children, Elders, Toddlers
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    The only 3 that got as high as an 8 with me were Modern Love & Romance, Growing Pains & Life Issues and NPC Story Progression but part of the reason for my rankings was because I needed more detail and what I envision and what they appear to envision aren't quite on par with one another. It's why I usually wish with these surveys they provided a more detailed feedback spot where I can say, "Well yes, but..."

The 3 that really stood out to me were NPC Story Progression, Growing Pains & Life Issues, and Modern Love & Romance. They sounded the most promising even though I have a few concerns. My biggest concern with them all, even though all seem like they would add depth, is the current state of personality traits. Without personality traits being improved I feel that it would just be them piling more pretty stuff on top of problems and the pretty stuff would be useful if traits weren't a problem. It always goes back to traits for me.

Even with the question about rank from 1 to 10 which ones we're interested in the deepening the most I was disappointed traits in general weren't mentioned yet emotions were. They're the most emotional sims I've seen and played, if anything emotions need to be toned down to me, but traits is were improvement is desperately needed. I wish they'd given more detail on what they mean by deepening or gave us the option to tell them in what way we mean. Although being born with traits and developing traits over time and a few others peaked my interest.

Are they working on any of the content in this survey? I don't know. I'm not expecting much personally. Most of this stuff I don't think is ever going to be seen in Sims 4. I kind of think this is their way of feeling us out on a few key things and they just mixed it in with filler stuff.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • SambylaSambyla Posts: 31 Member
    I want better NPC so badly! It would bring so much depth into game if your neighbours could have a baby or your crush would propose you etc. Also that your relatives and their actions would effect your sims. Game would be so much more realistic.

I'm so exited about idea of having mountain world, so please give us that Swiss mountain world and skiing.
  • mauvejinjomauvejinjo Posts: 126 Member

@mimilu04 I have always liked the idea of re-visiting old expansion packs and adding new features to them via player feedback. Burglars could easily be added into Get to Work, as could the Freeplay-esque branches of the Law and Medical careers. (as examples) The Sims 3 did this on two occasions that currently come to mind: Ambitions revamped the base Medical career, making it more eventful and challenging to play. Supernatural added improvements to both Ghosts and Vampires - and offered the inclusion of vampires to those who didn't own Late Night.
    In this digital age, there's no reason to abandon a product just because it was released some years prior. Why not improve what we already have?

Now... concerning better emotions and the like, I think the big problem with TS4 personality is that three traits are trying to do the same job as TS3 5 traits, TS2 personality, and TS1 interests all in one. That's just not feasible. If traits were say focused on emotions, and both personality points and interests were included as co-aspects of Simology, it would allow each aspect to shine in what they do best. If that means revamping the game, EA did this before with careers twice, and added toddlers.

I'm glad EA does these surveys. Maybe they mean something, and maybe they don't, but I want the game to continually improve. I paid good money for this game (just like we all have) and I'd rather see EA fix and continue to improve something tangible than wait for The Sims 5. After all, when TS3 was ending, we were all hyped for TS4.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    This was a great survey. Loved the focus on making our sims lives and the lives around them feel even more alive. #1 World for me was the Greek option and the last place world was the Costa Rican Rainforest because that's really similar to one we already have. Wasn't too interested in the Fan Clubs and Cheerleading options but everything else sounds great. And definitely pushed for more baby and elder options!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    I have to say I was more excited about the last survey. This one worried me a bit especially with story progression because I really want an opt out option. I am tired of rotational players being an afterthought.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    The beach worlds,alps and rainforest were high on my list. Maybe the Brazilian Beach World could add scuba diving,wind surfing and souvenir shopping

I also voted high on my list Romance,Shopping Malls and controlling npc sims.

My top three were the Brazilian Beach, Greece, and Italy.

Wow, we had the same top 3! I also voted for those, in the same order.
    edited May 2020
    For me it was:

1. Gameplay:
    Shopping Malls (1st), Culinary Quest (2nd), Bands (3rd).

2. Worlds:
    Brazilian Beach Town (1st), Greek Islands (2nd), Italian Vineyards (3rd).

3. Deepening the existing content:
    I don't really remember as I wasn't really interested in most of these, but I remember I voted for Emotions for first place.

4. New CAS Item Additions:
    Tattoos, Accessories, and Hair.

5. New CAS Features:
    Body hair. Scars we already have with Get Famous and the other ones I'm not sure if I would ever use, maybe burns, but I didn't vote for it.

6. CAS Items for these lifestages:
    YA (1st), Toddlers (2nd), Children (3rd).
    I know we already have a lot of stuff for young adults, but they are the life stage that I play with the most.

6. Gameplay for these lifestages:
    YA (1st), Toddlers (2nd), Babies (3rd).
    Again, I know we already have a lot of stuff for young adults, but they are the life stage that I play with the most.
    keekee53 wrote: »

start the riot because it was my least wanted item. I don't want things happening when I rotate out of a household.

Me too. Story progression was my least wanted feature.