Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

American High School

I've wanted a school pack for my kids for ages... but it sounds like what they are thinking about on the poll is not at ALL what I would look for.

So now I'm wondering what others want when they say they want "school".

The poll sounded like a lot of drama type stuff... when I think of a school pack I'd prefer more studying, going to class with kids and having them turn in assignments etc. A teacher career that's active... letting kids select extra curriculars, giving traits that mean some kids are better at math andothers at PE or science etc. I wanted report cards with differnet subjects, more homework assignments for different classes, etc etc. I don't want gossip, drama, type stuff...

Also I'd prefer to have a school pack with more options, private schools, homeschooling, elementary and preschools etc... not just focus on the oldest kiddos.

I've wanted school for AGES and am sad I had to vote this so low. Maybe it's because I"m not American but the stuff described just doesn't sound at all like a school environment, maybe in a movie but not a realistic school experience.

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    PS I'm not complaining, I love Sims 4, it's my favourite game... it's just that I've heard a lot of people saying they want a school pack and now I'm curious if this is what they wanted or if there's more people who were picturing a pack like I was. Just wondering. Seems like I wont' get what I'm looking for and that's okay, I love the game as is too.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I think the American Highschool would be with mean girls grups, geeks groups, sports people groups, they taunt each other in the cafeteria between classes and then go to prom dance at the end. Personally I think it has the potential to be University 2.0 and I have no interest in that.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    While it does sound mostly like the relationships and drama side of High School, it does include the SAT's, which are a standardized test that a lot of Universities use as a factor in admissions, so it could impact University.

I put it low on my list, but I don't actually want to play my sim kids school day either.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Well seeing as how nearly every teen sims machinma on youtube is some form of high school drama Im not surprised its in the survey. I could go for it, provided that the pack isnt primarily 90210 and focused on other aspects of school life. And maybe hopefully have private schools and uniforms?
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I for one loved it I put it second besides life stories because most was/is complaining how Teens look like Young Adults well this might/can help that then we will know whose a teen and whose a young adult also I've been wanting something like this idk if it's a rabbit hole (the school itself.) But kids/teens needs something to do I would like if they included sports team and cheer but it seems might be separate since that was also in the survey. I would like picking the ASB class pres. class vice pres. Etc. Prom/ Homecoming. Graduation. I'm excited especially the SATs I've been saying that on here.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    What poll? The one from a few months ago? Or did I miss something?
    I also wanted a school pack but I'll settle for this just add feild trips to the kids school and maybe a book report or two. I also wanted teens to have study groups and more homework not just the notebook and also tutor the young ones become a scout counselor for the little scouts and I disagree with it being a university 2.0 teens don't have anything to do in the game besides going to school and come home maybe a part time job if you want. Kids have little stuff like play on the playground, scouts, play with those cards I forgot what their called. This will give teens that's for them something to do I mean granted every life stage has been lacking expect young adult it's like the Sims 4 catered to the Young Adults then any other life stage so hopefully in Sims 5 the devs correct they mistake. Hopefully I'm making sense.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    While it does sound mostly like the relationships and drama side of High School, it does include the SAT's, which are a standardized test that a lot of Universities use as a factor in admissions, so it could impact University.

I put it low on my list, but I don't actually want to play my sim kids school day either.

We don't have SAT's here but I imagine it's the part I would be most interested in
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    What poll? The one from a few months ago? Or did I miss something?

No the new one for this month.. asks if we'd want a cheerleader pack, american school, story progression, traits learned etc.
    edited April 2020
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I for one loved it I put it second besides life stories because most was/is complaining how Teens look like Young Adults well this might/can help that then we will know whose a teen and whose a young adult also I've been wanting something like this idk if it's a rabbit hole (the school itself.) But kids/teens needs something to do I would like if they included sports team and cheer but it seems might be separate since that was also in the survey. I would like picking the ASB class pres. class vice pres. Etc. Prom/ Homecoming. Graduation. I'm excited especially the SATs I've been saying that on here.

I agree they need something to do :)
    It just seems foreign to me, Iguess cuz I'mnot American's... school kids didn't have presidents, vice presidents, homecomings, kings/queens etc. There was sports teams but not that popular, only a few family members would watch and the popular ones were soccer and hockey... they didn't have cheerleaders etc. though there was a "dance squad team" that did a couple performances at small assemblies but not at sports events. No SATs here... it all sounds like the movies and not like a high school to me haha. Maybe school really is like that in the USA? But if so I suppose my personal preference would be for a non-American style high school with more focus on school work and less on social stuff. THe part I want to play the most is seeing kids sitting at desks writing, Idon't care about the friends/clubs. I'd say make the social stuff rabbit hole and the classroom the active part haha!
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

We don't have SAT's here but I imagine it's the part I would be most interested in

Yes. SAT are sort of a big deal in America especially if you wanted to get into a university. I was working at a used bookstore before the virus hit and parents would buy SAT books in bulk like every time we saw an SAT book in awesome to fair condition we would stock it on our shelves and it may stay about a day or two sometimes a week before it got bought up.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited April 2020
    Honestly this thrilled me!! Bring on the high school drama!!!😆😆😆😆
    But that's just my playstyle. I don't like the studying aspect of university.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

I am afraid your sims will need to study in highschool and they will probably not have enough time for drama unless it's the drama club. Really, it's going to be University 2.0.
  • panda_timeloadpanda_timeload Posts: 89 Member
    Honestly when I thought of the option, I thought more of like pop-ups, sort of what they already have for parenthood but more drama-related, etc. I would love to see some new gameplay though
    original.gif
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Honestly when I read the description I cringed. Had to deal with all that stuff irl, and it wasn’t fun. I honestly don’t know how they’d even implement it in a way that would be fun and replayable.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    Of course with Growing Pains, Cheer and Shopping Malls.

Culinary Quest
    Take on the role of master chef.
    Find the best ingredients, create recipes, and keep that kitchen running through the dinner rush.

Fan Club Creator
    Immerse your Sims in fandom.
    Create fan clubs, collect rare memorabilia and express your love, drive a craze that could take over the town.

NPC Story Progression
    Now your neighbours come to life.
    Sims outside of your household live their lives from birth, marriage and death. Imagine the possibilities when the drama can start next door.

Shopping Malls
    All your retail needs under one roof.
    Hang out, find deals, and discover that perfect outfit for the night ahead in full retail experience, mall cop included.

Cheer
    Immerse yourself in the world of cheerleading where focus is king and distractions are dangerous. Keep the team together, build routines and make sure to stick the landing.

Growing Pains and Life Issues
    Life is hard. Now your sims feel those physical and emotional changes as they grow up.
    Realistic reactions and emotions bring deeper connections to the world around them.

Heists
    Whether you're an aspiring Debbie or Danny Ocean, build your team to seek out and recover the stolen artifacts to return them to their rightful owners. Can you execute the perfect plan, or will your team end up in the slammer?

Modern Love and Romance
    From love at first sight to digital dating, discover a wide variety of relationship types for your Sims. Explore their desires, taste and preference. Take them on a journey to discover what works for them.

American High Schools
    Cafeteria cliques, racy relationships and SAT struggles, the halls are alive with the sound of drama.

Bands
    Go solo or build your super group, find your style and perform your way from YouTube celebrity to sold out stadiums.
    Feel the pressure and demands of keeping the band together, record company demands and the needs of your adoring fans.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I’d like a school pack! High school would be fun!! But yes I’d like to follow my sims to class etc, not just the social aspect.
    crocobaura wrote: »

I am afraid your sims will need to study in highschool and they will probably not have enough time for drama unless it's the drama club. Really, it's going to be University 2.0.

I don't think it's going to be University 2.0 because university is all about studying because you'll get a degree for your Sims to have in the future this sounds different because their still kids and teenagers/highschool have all types of drama but with prom and homecoming king and queen, spirit squad, jocks, nerds, and the rejectd. I mainly want it to be a pop up but if we do have the option of going to the school I try it out and see how it is but saying it will be University 2.0 that's like saying High School is the same as going to a University which is completely different but that's just my opinion.
    Of course with Growing Pains, Cheer and Shopping Malls.

Culinary Quest
    Take on the role of master chef.
    Find the best ingredients, create recipes, and keep that kitchen running through the dinner rush.

Fan Club Creator
    Immerse your Sims in fandom.
    Create fan clubs, collect rare memorabilia and express your love, drive a craze that could take over the town.

NPC Story Progression
    Now your neighbours come to life.
    Sims outside of your household live their lives from birth, marriage and death. Imagine the possibilities when the drama can start next door.

Shopping Malls
    All your retail needs under one roof.
    Hang out, find deals, and discover that perfect outfit for the night ahead in full retail experience, mall cop included.

Cheer
    Immerse yourself in the world of cheerleading where focus is king and distractions are dangerous. Keep the team together, build routines and make sure to stick the landing.

Growing Pains and Life Issues
    Life is hard. Now your sims feel those physical and emotional changes as they grow up.
    Realistic reactions and emotions bring deeper connections to the world around them.

Heists
    Whether you're an aspiring Debbie or Danny Ocean, build your team to seek out and recover the stolen artifacts to return them to their rightful owners. Can you execute the perfect plan, or will your team end up in the slammer?

Modern Love and Romance
    From love at first sight to digital dating, discover a wide variety of relationship types for your Sims. Explore their desires, taste and preference. Take them on a journey to discover what works for them.

American High Schools
    Cafeteria cliques, racy relationships and SAT struggles, the halls are alive with the sound of drama.

Bands
    Go solo or build your super group, find your style and perform your way from YouTube celebrity to sold out stadiums.
    Feel the pressure and demands of keeping the band together, record company demands and the needs of your adoring fans.

Haha voted for those too.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Personally, I don't want to go to school with my sims. I never have, and I hated the lecture feature in TS3 University.

And if they're going to make a high school game and not include a marching band, I'm out.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Aside from story progression, a high/grade school pack is at the top of my list and its something that hasn't really been done. The biggest thing I would like to see from this option would be an active career option where you can go with your child/teen sim to school. I also remember in Sims 3 you could run a daycare so that could be interesting as well or to at least be able to send your toddler to daycare to learn and not just send them there when your sim goes to work or travels.
    And I think Bands or cheer could easily fit in a high school pack.

WbUrFQm.png
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I would play more with teens if we could send them to school for sure. The stupid drama aspect of it sounds interesting. I'm not American either, but I saw enough Hollywood teenage dramas and comedies in the 90's/00's to have fun with it.
    Personally, I don't want to go to school with my sims. I never have, and I hated the lecture feature in TS3 University.

And if they're going to make a high school game and not include a marching band, I'm out.

Haha, well I've never seen a school that had a marching band irl... but then I've never seen a high school that had anyone other than a couple parents attend a game so I don't think I'd care either way.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2020
    I liked the sat part, the idea of having a final exam... and it also looked like an active school and i like it. But i agree that im not that interested in the drama part, specially if it's going to bring back my least favourite part of 3, the social groups: nerds, jocks... i hated in 3 when all people ended falling into one of this categories.
  • TragicFlakesTragicFlakes Posts: 3 New Member
    I agree with the OP, since I'm not american it seems really foreign to me. I like the idea of high school, but in a more general approach. I kinda felt the same way with the sims 3 university, by that time I didn't even know what a fraternity or sorority was whereas in sims 4 university, though I find the pack with some flaws, the academic experience is way more relatable for me.

Also, I don't dislike the drama part, I don't mind it, I just wouldn't want it to be the headline of the feature. There are many approaches one could follow with this, I'm way more focused on experiences, and how those could shape a Sim life, short term or long term. I'm really into progression. The SAT test (I'm not sure what it is, but I have a general idea) would be a perfect link to sims 4 university and I think links between packs are very important.

I also would like the comeback from private schools for instance, I thought they were a neat feature in the sims 3.