Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where have my pictures gone? (Profile Page)

WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
Hello, I wonder if anyone could help me?
I have some images of my sims on my profile page, but today the first four I posted there (a few months back) have disappeared. There used to be 8 images (all PNG files from imgur) in total and all used to load up perfectly fine on the screen before (computer and mobile). There isn't even a link to reveal older posts. Why have my older images now been erased?
I would have quite liked to keep them there, as now my post on some of the more recent images doesn't make sense (I was adding to the collection). Is there any way to get them back on the page?

Comments

• Options
    AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    edited April 2020
    I'm not sure what imgur's policy is but maybe if you don't make an account they expire after a period?

Do you have an account on Imgur?

Edit: "Imgur keep images for ever as long as they are receiving at least 1 view every six months. If they are not they may be deleted to save space. Popular images and those shared on Imgur will probably meet this criteria due to becoming viral and being better accessible."
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • Options
    Ayeffen wrote: »
    I'm not sure what imgur's policy is but maybe if you don't make an account they expire after a period?

Do you have an account on Imgur?

Edit: "Imgur keep images for ever as long as they are receiving at least 1 view every six months. If they are not they may be deleted to save space. Popular images and those shared on Imgur will probably meet this criteria due to becoming viral and being better accessible."

I have an account. Just checked and the images are still there on Imgur. It's puzzling... (Thank you for the suggestion anyway 🙂)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    edited April 2020
    Sometimes the images get erased when more people post on your wall. Tho, I think like a few years ago, they also removed all the pics and posts I have there. There used to be an "older posts" button but they removed that sadly.

So to get them back to the page, you just have to post them again.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Sometimes the images get erased when more people post on your wall. Tho, I think like a few years ago, they also removed all the pics and posts I have there. There used to be an "older posts" button but they removed that sadly.

So to get them back to the page, you just have to post them again.

Okay that's probably what's happened then. Bit annoying as I don't even have that many posts on my wall! Will see if I can post them again. Thank you. 🙂
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone!

If what you are missing are the comments itself and not only the images, then I have an explanation for that:

The content posted in the 'Activity' section is there for 2 months. After that it gets automatically removed by the system (that means I cannot get it back for you). If you are going to post something like screenshots that you want to keep, please make sure to do it as a comment on a discussion and not in 'Activity'. The 'Activity' wall is meant to be a space for brief, short-lived messages, and that's why old messages are 'cleaned' every day.