May 22 - Let's walk around the forums together, this week's Friday Highlight is here!
May 21, 11AM PT - Save the time for Eco Lifestyle livestream! Details here.
May 21 - Take a look at SimGuruConor's latest deep dive into Nifty Knitting: learn more about Plopsy!

Move OT games to their own section

AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 231 Member
edited April 27 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
During my time here I have noticed that discussion threads in the Off Topic Chat quickly get buried by threads acting as forum games i.e. word association, A-Z, counting games and so on.

Scrolling through, I have to get to Page 4/5 before I find any discussion threads and then think twice about posting incase it could be considered a 'necro-post'.

This stifles conversation and community members getting to know each other better. In times like these, I think all could do with more opportunities to reach out and communicate on any subject.

I also believe that these threads are used in order to inflate post-count, enabling users to achieve badges and ranks at an accelerated rate compared to those that post in a more constructive manner. Other communities I have been a part of (EA included) have disabled post-count contribution in these kinds of threads to mitigate post-farming.

I'd be interested to hear the views of admins on this subject and whether this is something that could be considered to improve the Off Topic Chat.

Post edited by Ayeffen on
1NraNSJ.png
My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬