Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Miss Cars?

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    Cars represent freedom to many. < Want to go, turn the key and leave. Drive as far as a tank of gas can take you. I miss cars but I don't feel like they can make them great in TS4. Nothing beats the radio turned up (showing my age) and the windows down on a hot summer day crusing the streets, waving and flirting with someone you pass on the road, lol, and or the experience of being behind the wheel. Total freedom. It's almost like the first time they remove your training wheels and you ride down the street or on the sidewalk for the very first time on your hand me down bike. Nothing can replace those rights of passage. I agree with you @igazor It was the best of times. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU64ApmReoc
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    bees123bees123 Posts: 12 New Member
    YES! My rich sims only felt successful when I could buy them 10 of the most expensive car, now they just have pixelated toy cars in a "garage" that cost less than the bills :c
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited July 2020
    No, in the short while i played ts2 i never gave my sims a car, and in ts3 i mostly use that one car that fills up youelr sims motives, i am even starting to just teleport sims where i want them since it is faster, but i do that when i want to take a single sim, not the whole household. If they are gonna have fun gameplay then ok, sign me up!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    yes i miss cars
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited July 2020
    Let me tell you what I miss.
    I don't just miss cars you own I also miss carpools. I miss taxis. I just miss using any vehicle.
    I think they are really crucial. Travelling in the Sims 4 breaks the immersion for me.
    I can't stand it when my Sims in Windenburg just pick up the phone and are suddenly teleported to Sulani. They go from a middle European environment to a tropical environment in seconds.
    At least when they were picked up by taxis or vans in the Sims 2 it actually felt immersive because you'd see them get in the car and drive away. They would also arrive in the vehicle. That makes you feel like they actually "travelled" and it took them some time to get there.

I just don't like my Sims sitting on the toilet and picking up the phone to suddenly be teleported in the middle of the park.
    Post edited by SimmerGeorge on
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I know cars are important to a majority of simmers but they're at the bottom of my wish list. I did like the school bus in 2 and 3 but I don't really miss it. And my preferred mode of transport in Sims 3 was bicycles. Loved traveling the open world on a bike.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    These vehicles should come to The Sims 4
  • Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I know cars are important to a majority of simmers but they're at the bottom of my wish list. I did like the school bus in 2 and 3 but I don't really miss it. And my preferred mode of transport in Sims 3 was bicycles. Loved traveling the open world on a bike.

I did really like school buses. At least until it left bc my kids were unprepared (I was kinda lazy tbh) for school :joy:
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    ElderSimChildElderSimChild Posts: 38 Member
    I miss cars. Especially Sims2 cars... SOOOOOOOO much!!! :'(
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2020
    It will be interesting if they will add cars to the game. The cars that are driving around are pretty large...

Zm6gGDP.png

Oh, and they fly over the ground and clip through the sims as well.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    That's why I keep going back to playing Sims 3 for the cool cars.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    No. They were only ever about getting from A to B for me, now that our sims teleport from A to B they're a bit redundant. There's many other things I'd rather the team work on than cars that do nothing. I don't see why people don't just find the debug cars if having a car on their lot is so important?... You can easily make a garage with a bit of creativity.

Plus, how would they work in Sulani or San Myshuno and the many other areas where there's no road in the playable area? Pretty much all the worlds other than the base game ones don't have proper roads going through them.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    I never played sims 2 or 3 but I really want them since currently your sim just disappears with cars they could get in and drive until they reach the end of the neigbouhood
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    No. They were only ever about getting from A to B for me, now that our sims teleport from A to B they're a bit redundant. There's many other things I'd rather the team work on than cars that do nothing. I don't see why people don't just find the debug cars if having a car on their lot is so important?... You can easily make a garage with a bit of creativity.

Plus, how would they work in Sulani or San Myshuno and the many other areas where there's no road in the playable area? Pretty much all the worlds other than the base game ones don't have proper roads going through them.

In sulani you could have a beach buggy and in san myshuno you dont really need a car and in the other worlds without roads the cars can just drive on the grass like in rural areas in real life
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Yes I would like cars and an open world I don't understand why EA didn't put this into SIms 4 they used a lot of similar things from Sims 3 but not an open world. I think they were just too lazy to work on it they want the game out fast without much thought. Not getting any more of my money.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Yes. Loved getting nice cars or antique trucks/cars for my sims. It felt so real to watch them drive around. Sims3 was just adding on with the fixer upper and car woohoo. Wish it had continued long enough to get a few more things in. Not a fan of vanishing sims and screens.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Not for this particular game no. They don't make sense to me if there's no open world and my sims are homebodies anyway.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Not for this particular game no. They don't make sense to me if there's no open world and my sims are homebodies anyway.

It is something expensive to buy when your sims are millionaires
  • Options
    GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    As a Simmer who has been playing The Sims since The Sims 1 I definitely miss cars as they were a fantastic feature in The Sims 2 and grest feature in The Sims 3. The Sims is a life simulation game and cars a big thing in real life and i feel cars are definitely needed to give that real life feeling to The Sims 4 as I often feel like it lacks that life simulation factor. I am so happy we have Biles, Boats and Broomsticks but i feel like cars and motorcycles are missing from the game and I hope they get added soon as I would love to see my Sims drive in a car XD.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member

It is something expensive to buy when your sims are millionaires

True. I guess if it were more like the fixer upper car in ts2/ts3, so there was at least something else to do with it besides drive in to a loading screen, then I guess i'd be more interested. For now though i'm good without them.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

Not at all. I have my bike, so I am good.

Bike.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    NO

There are lots of cars in TS4. And they are irrelevant with 20 million loading screens. What I miss is an open world and wish there was at least open neighborhoods to cut down on all the loading screens.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Really? Before yes I missed them because in TS2 and in TS3 we use to have them but now , with the little experience I have in TS4 , I can say no and more and more this game is not car friendly !
    I even rarely use the bike so to tell. :D
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2020
    Was it in "The Sims" or Sims 2 that you could gauge your Sims going up the work ladder by the car that collected them to go to work? I'd love that to come back again.