Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: Unlocking Knitted Clothing!

2...Next

Comments

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I love all these sneak peeks we're getting! <3 This pack looks lovely and I really like the swatches. I'm particularly pleased that the items will be going into the inventories after they've been knitted. It'll make gift giving very easy! <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • BlackjackWidowBlackjackWidow Posts: 23 Member
    > @SimGuruConor said:
    > >
    > For knitted clothing like sweaters and beanies, Sims will have to create - and unlock - them through gameplay. Once you have finished crafting a knitted project it will be in your Sim’s inventory. Select Add to Wardrobe to unlock that clothing piece for the entire household. So if your knitter extraordinaire Sim knits a really fabulous sweater, everyone in their family can enjoy the fruits of their labor.
    > <snipped>
    > Alternatively, you don't have to unlock any clothing for your household. Maybe you just enjoy gifting sweaters to others? Maybe you only donate socks to charity? Maybe you’d like to frog the entire thing and start again? Whatever the case, knitted clothing will stay in your Sim’s inventory until you decide what's best for it.
    >
    >
    > Happy Simming,
    > SimGuruConor

@SimGuruConor
    I've been very interested in how the unlocks work, thanks for the insight!
    I hope some thought goes into how the process works beyond the "Add to Wardrobe" feature. For instance, if a Sim knits a sweater and unlocks it for the household - what happens if the sim who knit the sweater moves out? Does the unlock remain in the household? Or are all knitters stealing their sweaters back from the household members before they leave :wink:
    Vice versa - A sim who did not knit the sweater moves out... do they give the sweater back before they leave?

I'm guessing from the way you designed the "add to household" feature, that the knitter doesn't have to knit individual sweaters for each member if it's unlocked for household. They just automagically appear in the household's wardrobe after the unlock.

From the second part, I love the idea that you can gift a knitted item to another sim. I guess this item has to remain in their personal inventory in order for them to be able to wear it? Do they have to choose to wear it from their inventory? Or will it appear in CAS so they can choose it as part of an outfit? If they don't like it, can they re-gift?

So many possibilities, I love the sneak preview. Thanks for sharing!
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    "knitter extraordinaire"? I really hope its a hint towards a new aspiration! <3 We really need one aspiration for each skill in the game, and job too.

I was thinking the same thing. I always want new aspirations (and traits).
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Gothoholic18Gothoholic18 Posts: 71 Member
    Looks cool
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited April 2020
    Great work, but some constructive criticism: I think it‘s weird that the icons for knitted items are drawn instead of a 3D render like all other inventory objects in the game. It‘s just missing consistency!

6npfkkyrn9l9.png

How all other objects look (3D):
    latest?cb=20180306121148

I really hope you consider changing the icons to 3D renders to fit with the other inventory icons
    a256aFi.gif
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    The PANDA hat !! I want it already!! @SimGuruConor it’s for adults right ? Because I think that’s what we all understood. I love that cute beanie, I’ll use it on my teens. Hope you kept the pink version with white bobbles.

Thank you for keeping us updated!! It looks really good. I like the idea of having unlockable items visible in cas.
    Do you think it would be possible to have a cheat like bb.showhiddenobjets but for cas ?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Great work, but some constructive criticism: I think it‘s weird that the icons for knitted items are drawn instead of a 3D render like all other inventory objects in the game. It‘s just missing consistency!

6npfkkyrn9l9.png

How all other objects look (3D):
    latest?cb=20180306121148

I really hope you consider changing the icons to 3D renders to fit with the other inventory icons

That's a work in progress mock-up to see how it will eventually look, not the final CAS icons. I believe SimguruConnor said that they are still at the design stage.
  • KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    This all looks so fun, I love the little hats and baby outfits. I can't wait for this pack!
  • timiina3timiina3 Posts: 16 New Member
    uo i love it!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    The PANDA hat !! I want it already!! @SimGuruConor it’s for adults right ? Because I think that’s what we all understood. I love that cute beanie, I’ll use it on my teens. Hope you kept the pink version with white bobbles.

Thank you for keeping us updated!! It looks really good. I like the idea of having unlockable items visible in cas.
    Do you think it would be possible to have a cheat like bb.showhiddenobjets but for cas ?

I definitely thingthe hat will be for toddlers and maybe kids? that's how I understood it
    musteni wrote: »
    I love the winter clothing with scarves. That was well needed. Oh and the new turtlenecks.

Except once again the women version has half sleeves, making it hard to use as winter clothing.

(I get that's the item we voted for, but this problem is reoccurring so it frustruates me.)

They look longer than half sleeves to me? but I could be wrong. Not too fussy anyways. I live in Canada and I'm always hot, I often wear tank tops even when it's snowing so it'll work for me hahaha!
    I really love these! My favourite is 4th row.

I'm guessing the onesie is toddlers only but I would be beyond the moon happy if babies could wear it too!
  • OrThaylorOrThaylor Posts: 46 Member
    this could be, the best stuff pack yet.
    Choose fun & love. <3
  • HelenGarnerHelenGarner Posts: 13 New Member
    Im excited for this stuff pack! Its different from all the others we have had. I own every single sim game from when they first started. It is the only game I play. I am a mom of 6 and man has this game got me through some tough times :D. The only thing I wish Sims 4 had was when we could have a choice of patterns and make our own patterns for anything we wanted.
  • PinkoMoonPinkoMoon Posts: 8 New Member
    Love it just wished they would of put the scarf as a separate individual piece, maybe in the necklace part of CAS to be worn OVER outfits. Would of been A’mazing! Was there nothing to be knitted for build mode? for example: cushions, blankets, stuffed toys... I’m just thinking about all the things my nan knits lol! Hey-ho it’s awesome either way~
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    I wonder if they will add a cheat to unlock them straight away like there is for build/buy mode, since they will be visible in CAS even when locked, and if career clothing will also show up in CAS as locked.

I hope so. I'd like to have the clothing available to all my sims even if no one in the household knits.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I really like this idea one thing that happens when this is visible before I make it is that I lose the surprise of it. If I make 1 crochet item I should be able to have 1 item until I crochet another one this makes it very realistic. If I want a different color I could dye the crochet or buy crochet balls or design it in a menu where you can see what design you like to do. I have no interest in seeing it locked in the cas I feel the hard work will be appreciated more if I don't see until I actually have it in my hand like in real life but again that is just me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top