Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The world is changing. Do you think TS5 will reflect that?

12346...Next

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    Scobre wrote: »
    I'm sorry but real America? I'm saying this is African American. America is a big place. Some places are more diverse than others. Some have areas in Amerca has mostly white people.The places have different ways of doing things.
    Yes it is a very diverse country and the bay area is one of the most diverse areas in America, so yes I was replying to about the assumption that Gurus live in a place that isn't diverse. As someone who grew up in California and visited the bay area, it is very diverse there.

Yes but there people who don't live diverse areas.Thry are place where the mostly white people.Some areas that are mostly minorities.I live in area in the midwest.Most people I see around here are white or black.I did see a few Asains,and few Mexican.Not as I see white, or black people
    True even within neighborhood it changes. I know even when I moved neighborhoods I went from a less diverse neighborhood to a more diverse one within the same city.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @j1z1 why do you think the influencer careers are vanishing when everyone is using internet to watch youtube/instagram/etc?! haha anyway, yeah... back in SIms 3 Late Night we wouldn't even imagine influencers being i nthe game like in Get Famous.
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @j1z1 why do you think the influencer careers are vanishing when everyone is using internet to watch youtube/instagram/etc?! haha anyway, yeah... back in SIms 3 Late Night we wouldn't even imagine influencers being i nthe game like in Get Famous.

I'm not being too serious lol and I can't say for sure because I don't follow any influencers on Instagram, I've just read a few articles lately about how people are getting sick of them (and, I'm guessing, the concept of it?) during the pandemic and the whole trend might suffer. But who knows.
    I know pandemic influenced the fashion of Animal Crossing.
    "One of the most popular trends sees players wearing medical masks, a curious reminder of the borders beyond the Nintendo Switch game. "

https://www.polygon.com/2020/3/26/21194289/animal-crossing-new-horizons-medical-mask-nintendo-switch-coronavirus-covid-19

Makes me wonder if the Sims 4 will get medical masks and firefighters and police and grocery stores to remind us of all the heroes out there in the workforce now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    So uh. Anyway.

No, I don't think TS5 is going to focus on "social distancing" and have masks and stuff like that. I think the devs are well aware that people are playing these games to get away from that sort of reality.. and besides, if the game is going to be coming out in the next year or so, it's probably already been decided how they're going to live - which is going to be just how it's been before.

Honestly, the only big changes I see is the addition of whatever technology comes out, but frankly, I don't think all that much has really changed from 2014 to today in terms of what we can do on tablets/phones so maybe they'll just add back in stuff like newspapers? Who knows.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited May 2020
    "One of the most popular trends sees players wearing medical masks, a curious reminder of the borders beyond the Nintendo Switch game. "

https://www.polygon.com/2020/3/26/21194289/animal-crossing-new-horizons-medical-mask-nintendo-switch-coronavirus-covid-19

Makes me wonder if the Sims 4 will get medical masks and firefighters and police and grocery stores to remind us of all the heroes out there in the workforce now.

Except that Animal Crossing has actually had that medical mask for at least 3 versions now? (I haven't played all of them so I can't say for all or not). I'm currently still playing New Leaf and after the lock down started for here, I changed my character to wearing that mask for now to mimic my life. Point is, it was always in the game and it wasn't influenced by the pandemic. Players choosing to wear it more often is, as it would seem. (It's what influenced me. Ha!) More likely it's always been a staple in AC because it was a game that was made by an Asian, working for an Asian company and masks are very common in that area of the world and were a thing long before this pandemic was a thing.

That's a very different situation from the sims adding one in because of this pandemic. Players choosing it in AC vs the sims team reacting to a current world situation. Although, they actually probably should add one for the doctor career. Doctors have been wearing them since forever and they should have had them back when GTW was released. I remember my first play through of that career and noticing the lack of masks and thinking that it was a bit strange. If they ever add one to sims 5, it will because of a medical career though I'm sure, and not because of covid.
    Origin ID: Peapod79

I think that's kind of a weird point to make because the Animal Crossing game was in development long before this happened. Masks have probably been planned from the beginning.

Frankly, I hope TS4 doesn't add medical masks. I don't need to be reminded of what's out in the world, and I have enough ads out there yelling at me about it.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Sims don't tend to focus too much on illnesses, so I don't think the current situation will be reflected in TS4 or even TS5 in any way. One of my sims got tiger stripes once and was cured after he took some medicine once. I have no idea what disease that was, what caused it and he didn't even see a doctor, just drank some generic medicine he bought off the internet. To reflect current situation in gameplay would require too much effort for very little gameplay value. However, I really wish they will bring back readable newspapers and magazines, it's not like they went out of style completely, plenty are still being published. One thing from current culture trends that might make an appearance is the electric scooter, I swear they are everywhere where I live.
    edited May 2020
    The Sims 5 is going to be online so all these things that people don't want in the game mentioned in this thread well you are going to have it be in the game with it being online. People will dress how they want and love who they want and have their own beliefs and illnesses and show it in the game, so yes the world is changing the game is changing with it. People talking about world events will be in chat and their experiences through pandemics and natural disasters. Sims being used as a game of "escapism" will no longer be.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    The Sims 5 is going to be online so all these things that people don't want in the game mentioned in this thread well you are going to have it be in the game with it being online. People will dress how they want and love who they want and have their own beliefs and illnesses and show it in the game, so yes the world is changing the game is changing with it. People talking about world events will be in chat and their experiences through pandemics and natural disasters. Sims being used as a game of "escapism" will no longer be.

What are you talking about ?

That has yet to be confirmed. We don't even know if there's going to BE a TS5.
    Andrew Wilson confirmed it here and he is the EA CEO:
    https://www.somagnews.com/ea-ceo-officially-confirms-sims-5-road/
    https://www.ccn.com/ea-confirms-its-busy-working-on-next-generation-sims-5/

"As Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation across platforms and a cloud-enabled world, you should imagine that while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self-improvement motivation, that this notion of social interaction and competition – like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims Online many years ago – will start to become part of the ongoing The Sims experience in the years to come."

So this is the Sims future.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member

"As Maxis continues to think about The Sims for a new generation across platforms and a cloud-enabled world, you should imagine that while we will always stay true to our inspiration, escape, creation, self-improvement motivation, that this notion of social interaction and competition – like the kind of things that were actually present in The Sims Online many years ago – will start to become part of the ongoing The Sims experience in the years to come."

The Sims Online was rated 18+ simply because it was online and they could not moderate what everyone was doing/talking in the game. Somehow I don't think they will make TS5 online. Maybe a spin off but not the main game of the franchise.
    edited May 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »

The Sims Online was rated 18+ simply because it was online and they could not moderate what everyone was doing/talking in the game. Somehow I don't think they will make TS5 online. Maybe a spin off but not the main game of the franchise.
    So far until we hear otherwise from EA directly it will be. Yeah exactly the rating for the Sims 5 won't be teen rated. I would rather have a spin off too like bringing the Urbz back or the Sims Stories back or have a MySims game be like Animal Crossing. But yes I think the Sims 4 is preparing the Sims community taking god controls away from the player for online mode and going the inclusive route. It will be impossible to moderate everyone especially with a community as big and diverse as the Sims community when it goes online.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    The lockdown is going to last forever. If a vaccine is found then there could be a step forwards in combating this virus. Do people still think everyone would be living like this in 5 years time? I hope not!

It won't be that long. Every country in the world is trying to find a vaccine to be the first, think of the money they will make. It's a horrible time right now, but younger people don't remember polio or SARs (which totally disappeared off the map about a decade ago,without any cure) and or the plague of the dark ages which finally just disappeared though it killed 2/3's of the entire world population. Younger, healthy people seem to be a bit more immune already, so, no we won't be living this way forever or even the next five years.

Sorry I missed your comment a few days ago. I wrote my comment wrong. I was meant to say that lockdown is not going to last forever :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    I have never seen racism in The Sims Franchise. That would mean the content the developers create is catered to one group of race. I'm sort of atonished someone can say makeup in a game is racist. I don't believe the devs are racists, nor ignore one skin color over another. I'm sort of taken aback by the thought a black person wouldn't also wear a dress or pants in the game because it wouldn't be their style....or colors of fabrics they like and or the makeup they prefer.....I don't know that seems rather, I don't know not sure I want to say what that sounds like...
    Do devs ignore requests for elder Sims to get more content, yes, sometimes, do they ignore teens get more content and shrunk down to what we had in the past, yes, but to say the developers cater to white players is off the wall.

In 20 years I have never seen anything racist in The Sims. Not all the devs are white either. Some of the premades in TS1 where different skin tones (there was only three, light, medium or dark) and well known premades since then have been of different colours.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited May 2020

In 20 years I have never seen anything racist in The Sims. Not all the devs are white either. Some of the premades in TS1 where different skin tones (there was only three, light, medium or dark) and well known premades since then have been of different colours.
    Yeah I love how diverse the dev team is and getting to know them better. They really do want to tell more stories within the franchise and be inclusive. It was nice to talk to them about how we are dealing with the pandemic. It has been nice to see the franchise come a long way in 20 years. Self-Sims were nearly impossible to make back then.

Sims Online days:
    maxresdefault-2.jpg
  • gogojellygogojelly Posts: 24 Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You can make burglars with the Kleptomaniac trait. EA didn't make the traditional burglar NPC because they can't add cars and the police can't show up in the middle of the night to make an arrest.

Oh I see, thanks!
  • gogojellygogojelly Posts: 24 Member
    > @SimmerQuinn said:
    > > @Karon said:
    > > I'm 24 years old, and I've been playing since Sims 1. All iterations have changed with the world, so... of course Sims 5 will reflect the world how it is when it's released. We don't have newspaper/landlines like we had in SIms 1/2/3 cuz most people "don't use it"...
    >
    > I think thats completely fair. I doubt it'll represent a pandemic world like some speculate, but I can see things being added to represent this time. Like a way to quarantine when sick and post a bunch of video content (aka tiktoks) :smiley:

Yeah I agree, it may not be a huge part of the game. But perhaps there will be a few options that reflect the situation. or maybe it will come up as a prompt, and the sim can't leave the house for a few days effecting the mood of the sim.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I have never seen racism in The Sims Franchise. That would mean the content the developers create is catered to one group of race. I'm sort of atonished someone can say makeup in a game is racist. I don't believe the devs are racists, nor ignore one skin color over another. I'm sort of taken aback by the thought a black person wouldn't also wear a dress or pants in the game because it wouldn't be their style....or colors of fabrics they like and or the makeup they prefer.....I don't know that seems rather, I don't know not sure I want to say what that sounds like...
    Do devs ignore requests for elder Sims to get more content, yes, sometimes, do they ignore teens get more content and shrunk down to what we had in the past, yes, but to say the developers cater to white players is off the wall.
    But you did support hatred towards Muslims when the hijab came out which highly supported the Klan beliefs and put your personal feelings of it because of what happened with 9/11. So no Gurus aren't and I support them being inclusive with these patches, but yes thank you for supporting that it is a huge problem within the Sims community. The irony of being called racist for not supporting a well known terrorist group in history. One of my best friends is LGBTQIA+ and Muslim, so yes I did read your negative comments towards both. The world is changing and Sims franchise can either remain in the dark ages or change with it. The world isn't going to be "normal". It hasn't been for a long time.

Also here are the origins of the hijab for you in connection to your other beliefs: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/uncovering-the-hijab_b_4645306

How dare you say that to me Scobre. That is just a lie. You have broken the forum rules by casting aspersions about me.

I support women who want to remove the scarf. Period.

I don't know what's going on with you, but this time I'm not going to be called names like these anymore. And yes, saying clothes and makeup in the game caters to 'white Sims' is placing all people of color in some sort of stereotype idea in your head. That is racists within it's own thought. And since it is developers who build that content then aspersions against them.

And as far as makeup in these games not looking so good on some skin tones, have they ever? No, and not just on Sims of color but 'white' Sims too. Some lipsticks look horrible on some Sims' mouths. But it's not the skintone but the lip shape. I assume not many saying this stuff spent much time in bodyshop in TS2 and found not all lips can look nice with Maxis makeup. It's why we invented custom content.
    Maxis pink lipstick in all the games looks horrible on all lips and skintones in all the games. It's not the skintone but the lip shape they use to create that lipstick. No offense to Maxis but all their makeup has always looked horrible on all SIms in all the games on almost all skintones. It's why so many download better makeup by better creators of highpoly content.

And I stand by what I said, the game doesn't cater to white Sims by the clothes they offer in game... It's almost to the point now some would think all Japanese females should be dressed like subserviant Giesha girls in TS4. (for the sake of diversity).
    We had discussions about it together here. So is it now ok for a male/female/non-binary Sims to wear pants or a skirts then? Or for any gender Sim to wear head coverings too?
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965981/separate-pack-for-religious-content/p2

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971741/ts4-gender-patch-and-the-sims-5/p1I

I don't think that. Some women and men and non-binary do not want to remove the head covering too and they also have a choice and yes the origin of our beliefs also wore the head covering with Jesus' mother shown on multiple works of art displayed in places of worship. With this pandemic the world has changed and people all around the world are wearing head coverings and covering their faces to combat it. True about the makeup being bad in other Sims games too. But it is like why don't we change it as the world is changing? Sims should inspire change and inclusion of all our players and Gurus.

With the Sims 4 DLC, a lot of the fashion is either peppy or hipster. It was only when we started getting Island Living and Jungle Adventures and Get Together did Simmers finally get to travel to other parts of the world outside the world the studio was made. So yes I do think this pandemic will change the franchise because while we are all in our homes it would help the community and developers to be able to travel to outside their environments through games. Having feedback about color swatches lacking in the game isn't a reflection on the Gurus. Gurus have said the same thing about the game lacking their hair color choices and styles so yes even they see a need for representation in the game. They cheer with the live streams when they see they can be represented in the game finally. Like how we suggested toddlers being added to the game isn't either or wanting things for elders. I think it is great Gurus are reaching out to Simmers about wanting to tell their stories. I think if you want to be represented in the franchise too with things we have discussed earlier about you wanting to be represented in the game too, take it. The window for development of each Sims product only last so long.

City Living Pack does have geek con, so some Sims do dress up in different outfits. So yes I have seen people's pictures including Simmers dress up as their favorite anime characters including geisha outfits at comic cons. So yes where the studio that makes the Sims is very diverse and it is nice to see some of their cultures included like how SimGuruRusski inspired Jungle Adventures. How SimGuruMeatball inspired Get Together.

I do really love this topic and a comment pointed out in it.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965613/theyre-never-going-to-add-full-actual-religion-into-the-game-and-thats-okay-but-what-if-they-did/p1
    "To be fair we could tell the same thing about LGBT and multi ethnic.

The problem isn't the topic, it's what people do with it.
    Everything is a source of hate when people have not an open mind and refuse to accept the differences of the other persons.

Exclude people has never solved anything , just it causes more pain.

Muslim, black, white, gay, lesbian, alien, vampire, politician, criminal, ... The Sims is a game where everybody live happy together."

I followed your links to see if I had said anything in the past that could even be remotely compared to the Klan or misconstrued as you seem to want to do. If you seriously want to compare what I said in comments in the first link you have about me, to the Klan ideas and call me such names I can only feel sorry for you. Really sorry for you.

I was talking about phones, newspapers, depth of a Sim...how you construed that as some sort of klan propaganda is beyond me. Get well soon Scorbe, you are shockingly ill, this is very trying and serious time for all of us. Especially those of us who are high risks. But no, America will not allow herself to be 'changed' to violate their own rights, and as things calm down we will go back to normal and shake hands again, and hug again and dance again, and families will be visiting each other again. I rather have hope than this doomsday attitude you have. America will overcome and here where I live 'real America' will be eating in restaurants again and no local authority will have the right to tell us we can't.
    I hope you get through this time with hope and yes, I'm part of "real America" even if not in your idea of 'real America'. I hope you soon can hear yourself. Michael Jackson's song' Man in The Mirror' comes to mind.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    No jobs going out unless its essential. No restaurants. No movies. No parties. No holidays. No black Friday....

As I know Black Friday is online
    edited May 2020
    But you did support hatred towards Muslims when the hijab came out which highly supported the Klan beliefs and put your personal feelings of it because of what happened with 9/11. So no Gurus aren't and I support them being inclusive with these patches, but yes thank you for supporting that it is a huge problem within the Sims community. The irony of being called racist for not supporting a well known terrorist group in history. One of my best friends is LGBTQIA+ and Muslim, so yes I did read your negative comments towards both. The world is changing and Sims franchise can either remain in the dark ages or change with it. The world isn't going to be "normal". It hasn't been for a long time.

Also here are the origins of the hijab for you in connection to your other beliefs: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/uncovering-the-hijab_b_4645306

How dare you say that to me Scobre. That is just a lie. You have broken the forum rules by casting aspersions about me.

I don't know what's going on with you, but this time I'm not going to be called names like these anymore. And yes, saying clothes and makeup in the game caters to 'white Sims' is placing all people of color in some sort of stereotype idea in your head. That is racists within it's own thought. And since it is developers who build that content then aspersions against them.

And as far as makeup in these games not looking so good on some skin tones, have they ever? No, and not just on Sims of color but 'white' Sims too. Some lipsticks look horrible on some Sims' mouths. But it's not the skintone but the lip shape. I assume not many saying this stuff spent much time in bodyshop in TS2 and found not all lips can look nice with Maxis makeup. It's why we invented custom content.
    Maxis pink lipstick in all the games looks horrible on all lips and skintones in all the games. It's not the skintone but the lip shape they use to create that lipstick. No offense to Maxis but all their makeup has always looked horrible on all SIms in all the games on almost all skintones. It's why so many download better makeup by better creators of highpoly content.

And I stand by what I said, the game doesn't cater to white Sims by the clothes they offer in game... It's almost to the point now some would think all Japanese females should be dressed like subserviant Giesha girls in TS4. (for the sake of diversity).
    We had discussions about it together here. So is it now ok for a male/female/non-binary Sims to wear pants or a skirts then? Or for any gender Sim to wear head coverings too?
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965981/separate-pack-for-religious-content/p2

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/971741/ts4-gender-patch-and-the-sims-5/p1I

I don't think that. Some women and men and non-binary do not want to remove the head covering too and they also have a choice and yes the origin of our beliefs also wore the head covering with Jesus' mother shown on multiple works of art displayed in places of worship. With this pandemic the world has changed and people all around the world are wearing head coverings and covering their faces to combat it. True about the makeup being bad in other Sims games too. But it is like why don't we change it as the world is changing? Sims should inspire change and inclusion of all our players and Gurus.

With the Sims 4 DLC, a lot of the fashion is either peppy or hipster. It was only when we started getting Island Living and Jungle Adventures and Get Together did Simmers finally get to travel to other parts of the world outside the world the studio was made. So yes I do think this pandemic will change the franchise because while we are all in our homes it would help the community and developers to be able to travel to outside their environments through games. Having feedback about color swatches lacking in the game isn't a reflection on the Gurus. Gurus have said the same thing about the game lacking their hair color choices and styles so yes even they see a need for representation in the game. They cheer with the live streams when they see they can be represented in the game finally. Like how we suggested toddlers being added to the game isn't either or wanting things for elders. I think it is great Gurus are reaching out to Simmers about wanting to tell their stories. I think if you want to be represented in the franchise too with things we have discussed earlier about you wanting to be represented in the game too, take it. The window for development of each Sims product only last so long.

City Living Pack does have geek con, so some Sims do dress up in different outfits. So yes I have seen people's pictures including Simmers dress up as their favorite anime characters including geisha outfits at comic cons. So yes where the studio that makes the Sims is very diverse and it is nice to see some of their cultures included like how SimGuruRusski inspired Jungle Adventures. How SimGuruMeatball inspired Get Together.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965613/theyre-never-going-to-add-full-actual-religion-into-the-game-and-thats-okay-but-what-if-they-did/p1

Everything is a source of hate when people have not an open mind and refuse to accept the differences of the other persons.

Muslim, black, white, gay, lesbian, alien, vampire, politician, criminal, ... The Sims is a game where everybody live happy together."

I followed your links to see if I had said anything in the past that could even be remotely compared to the Klan or misconstrued as you seem to want to do. If you seriously want to compare what I said in comments in the first link you have about me, to the Klan ideas and call me such names I can only feel sorry for you. Really sorry for you.

I was talking about phones, newspapers, depth of a Sim...how you construed that as some sort of klan propaganda is beyond me. Get well soon Scorbe, you are shockingly ill, this is very trying and serious time for all of us. Especially those of us who are high risks. But no, America will not allow herself to be 'changed' to violate their own rights, and as things calm down we will go back to normal and shake hands again, and hug again and dance again, and families will be visiting each other again. I rather have hope than this doomsday attitude you have. America will overcome and here where I live 'real America' will be eating in restaurants again and no local authority will have the right to tell us we can't.
    I hope you get through this time with hope and yes, I'm part of "real America" even if not in your idea of 'real America'. I hope you soon can hear yourself. Michael Jackson's song' Man in The Mirror' comes to mind.
    Michael Jackson did change his skin tone and did plastic surgery so I wouldn't call him the best example of someone happy with their appearance. Geisha are entertainers so calling them servants is racist and yes with the Sims 4 you can make them in the game with DLC. I think you need to check yourself on how you feel about people of different cultures and sexual preferences especially since many of the people have made your Sims games and continue to make them. But that's right you don't buy Sims 4 DLC, so what does it matter if this iteration has them? No one knows how things will pan out for the future other than the 100,000 lives will be lost prediction and pandemic is causing an anti-immigration bill to resurface. So yes I do want the Sims series to remain inclusive so that the gamechangers, the Gurus, and Simmers can finally feel like they belong in this Sims community. You have had a doomsday attitude for as long as I have known you about the Sims 4 and wanting it to end so the Sims 5 can come. But will you be happy with the Sims 5 breaking down those virtual walls and allowing the whole world into your game with online play? That is up to you. I know that playing MMOs before I have experience with playing with others. I just never was a fan of Second Life. My Sims would do better because of them being cute and childish like Animal Crossing.

I do remember you calling the makeup and the clothing in the Sims 4 very clownlike, so I don't think you are happy with the current color swatches either.

According the fun Sims quiz:
    "YOU’RE A SUN WORSHIPPER!
    Ah, the joy of a seaside breeze, sun in your hair, sand between your toes... Why would you ever leave paradise?"

So I am enjoying the sun and exercise today, what about you? Get some color in those cheeks of yours with some sunshine, I think it would help.
    Post edited by Scobre on
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020

Michael Jackson did change his skin tone and did plastic surgery so I wouldn't call him the best example of someone happy with their appearance. Geisha are entertainers so calling them servants is racist and yes with the Sims 4 you can make them in the game with DLC. I think you need to check yourself on how you feel about people of different cultures and sexual preferences especially since many of the people have made your Sims games and continue to make them. But that's right you don't buy Sims 4 DLC, so what does it matter if this iteration has them? No one knows how things will pan out for the future other than the 100,000 lives will be lost prediction and pandemic is causing an anti-immigration bill to resurface. So yes I do want the Sims series to remain inclusive so that the gamechangers, the Gurus, and Simmers can finally feel like they belong in this Sims community. You have had a doomsday attitude for as long as I have known you about the Sims 4 and wanting it to end so the Sims 5 can come. But will you be happy with the Sims 5 breaking down those virtual walls and allowing the whole world into your game with online play? That is up to you. I know that playing MMOs before I have experience with playing with others. I just never was a fan of Second Life. My Sims would do better because of them being cute and childish like Animal Crossing.

I do remember you calling the makeup and the clothing in the Sims 4 very clownlike, so I don't think you are happy with the current color swatches either.

According the fun Sims quiz:
    "YOU’RE A SUN WORSHIPPER!
    Ah, the joy of a seaside breeze, sun in your hair, sand between your toes... Why would you ever leave paradise?"

So I am enjoying the sun and exercise today, what about you? Get some color in those cheeks of yours with some sunshine, I think it would help.

I wish you the best. I don't ever recall saying makeup in TS4 looked like clown makeup. lol It's not words I would use, but I liked the full face makeup (clown makeup) in TS2. *I'm sorry you have such a strange idea about me. I'm sorry OP your thread has been overtaken by this nonsense. As I said OP, I hope Maxis doesn't add any of the things people have had to go through recently in TS5. People died I would rather not be reminded. Real life is sometimes more important than what a game may do or not do. Or creating problems where none in The Sims franchise ever existed such as saying Sims are racists...

Scorbe, I'm going to mark this down as you stressing and having a very bad time of it, because I wouldn't have taken you so seriously until you said in another thread the whole Sim Comunity was racists because some don't want to play multiplay with others because those others would be different from them. I might have thought you were trolling all of us, but now, I can only wish you the best and hope you see how inclusive these franchise has always been and stereotyping peoples isn't diveristy especially when you would prefer to leave out some who may disagree with you. OP, I apologize for your thread being hijacked by this sort of discussion but I couldn't let myself be called a racist. Hope you all have a better day and time of it.

And it is clear Scrobe is still being allowed to call me names, such as racist because I do know the history of the geisha girls and no it wasn't about entertaining as it is today, nor was it fun to have feet tied. Nor kept to perform for men. Some should learn their history before spewing out everyone is a racist when they know nothing of the human rights violations, or the 'traditions' and want those things in games so they can show how diverse of a person they are, ignoring the truth about 'traditions' and other 'cultures'.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top