Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculation 2020

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    The question I have at this point is are we getting a bugfix patch in May and a pre-game patch in late May/early June, or just the pre-game patch? I'm expecting the later, but the former isn't impossible.

Eco Lifestyle releasing on June 5 (Friday) means the pre-pack patch will release on June 2 (Tuesday). It's very likely there won't be a May patch.

We may already need to a June patch speculation thread as we now know for sure ladders will come with the June patch.

I'll put one up.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    It depends on if there are issues to fix.

We've already seen patches with 2 weeks between them.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    We've already seen patches with 2 weeks between them.

Yeah, when they need to release a hot fix patch.

The frequency of regular patches has definitely been trending down in the last couple of years. In the first 4 years of TS4, they only missed releasing a monthly patch once (October 2015). Since September 2018, they’ve missed releasing a patch in 6 different months.

They are also now seemingly releasing PC/Mac and console patches on the same day since the console gallery. They certainly need to release all major patches on the same day if all future packs are going to be released on the same day on PC/Mac and consoles. Because console patch certification can take 1-2 weeks, this gives them even more incentive to release fewer patches.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png