Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    ARRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now it turns out that if I edit a picture in imgur I am no longer able to embed it in Wordpress - adding the link to it to block no longer works - I just get the 'sorry, this content could not be embedded' message because editing the picture seems to change the image link :(

So now I have no idea how to resize my picutes. Great. Oh how I love Wordpress.
    @afai1261 yeah I realised just now that it does still work with the BB code. The problem is that you can't use any of the links to embed a picture if you have edited it in imgur... So now I need to figure out how I am going to resize my pictures to the correct size.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    ah 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I don't resize my images so I'm of no help now anyway. Hope Mona can get you sorted out :)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Im happy that I dont use Imgur or Wordpress 😂 Weebly doesnt have a picture upload limit, only a maximum size limit but I never hit that so I just leave it like that and be lazy.

If I do resize my pictures I just use a website like Picmonkey or Lunapic and download the new resized photo to my computer. Maybe you can try that and afterwards post the photo in imgur?
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Im happy that I dont use Imgur or Wordpress 😂 Weebly doesnt have a picture upload limit, only a maximum size limit but I never hit that so I just leave it like that and be lazy.

If I do resize my pictures I just use a website like Picmonkey or Lunapic and download the new resized photo to my computer. Maybe you can try that and afterwards post the photo in imgur?

Ah wish I had never used imgur or wordpress now :D I think I have a way figured out that doesn't involve using another website to resize images thankfully :)
    edited August 2020
    Ok I think that I have this all worked out. Seems like with the new wordpress editor I don't even need to resize my pictures in imgur first because they actually don't come out huge when I just embed them as they are (with my old method using the old wordpress editor my screenshots did come out massive unless I edited their size in imgur first). Also @MonaSolstraale showed me that it is possible to select different sizes for pictures in imgur without actually editing them which was helpful :)

I did a test post here I am thinking that the first image is actually pretty much the same size as my pictures usually are in my posts (and I haven't edited the size of that picture). If it comes up a lot bigger than my pictures usually do on your computer then please let me know!

Also, 'original size' (the first picture) and 'huge thumbnail' (the last picture) look the same size on my computer. Do they look the same size to you? Trying to decide which one to use.

Now time for me to go off and be productive with non-Sims-related-things :D
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Oh no! Why does Wordpress have to change all the time?! :confounded: Usually it's the adding link that's changed back and forth (it's back to my favorite version again) but the picture one is horrible!

I really hope you can figure it out soon. It seems like afai could arealdy help you tho :)

And I also checked if my Wordpress did the same "update". So far it's the old version but there are so many bugs it wouldn't surprise me if I got the new version soon, too :|
    @MaggieMarley Original size and huge thumbnail look the same for me too on my laptop. Those sizes look good! I'm glad Mona could help.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    And I also checked if my Wordpress did the same "update". So far it's the old version but there are so many bugs it wouldn't surprise me if I got the new version soon, too :|

it's weird because on my old laptop, it was on the old editor and on my new laptop it was on the new editor. But I was still able to switch between editors, though Maggie said she couldn't

Overall though it's just bloody annoying

honestly may never use wordpress again if it's going to be this stupid
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    @MaggieMarley When I see your test page, 'huge thumbnail' and 'original' look exactly the same.
    I always use 'huge thumbnail' in my WordPress
    afai1261 wrote: »

it's weird because on my old laptop, it was on the old editor and on my new laptop it was on the new editor. But I was still able to switch between editors, though Maggie said she couldn't

Wordpress had a lot of changes lately and they go back and forth. So annoying! I mainly noticed it with the link on a word option. It's been changed at least 5 times in the last few 10 weeks and only two or maybe three versions were used -.-

What would be the alternative for Wordpress tho?
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    afai1261 wrote: »

Wordpress had a lot of changes lately and they go back and forth. So annoying! I mainly noticed it with the link on a word option. It's been changed at least 5 times in the last few 10 weeks and only two or maybe three versions were used -.-

What would be the alternative for Wordpress tho?

There's still a few other options besides Wordpress. Blogspot still exists... but it's a backwater half abandoned blogging software that's so far back on Google's backburner that the pot forgot what it was like to be warm. There's the make a website option, sites like uh... Weebly. I once tried it out, the editor was easy to use. But frankly... Wordpress is still the big dog.
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited August 2020
    @afai1261 yeah I realised just now that it does still work with the BB code. The problem is that you can't use any of the links to embed a picture if you have edited it in imgur... So now I need to figure out how I am going to resize my pictures to the correct size.

@MaggieMarley It might be useless... but I made a tutorial on how to resize images using the Clip Studio software. It's a drawing program. The cheapest version goes on sale a lot for dirt cheap.

With Clip Studio, I take my screenshots that are 2560X1440 and reduce them down to 889X500 without losing any of the image quality. Size wise, this takes each picture from being around 3.05MB to about 371KB. So even with the hundreds if not thousands of pictures I've slapped up on my Wordpress... I still haven't reached the 3GB storage cap. :D

Here's my tutorial: Reduce Images in Batches in Clip Studio

Clip Studio Paint's Website

Also since it's a drawing program... you can use it to make dum junk like this.
    edited August 2020
    Okay dokey everyone, finally getting round to replying to comments! Sorry for being so slow. I do really appreciate the comments, it can just be hard to find time irl to respond right away :D

Also, thank you everyone for your advice on the picture situation. I'd still be so lost right now if it weren't for all your help <3

@lilypadmeulin thank you so much :)
    I couldn't believe it when I saw Bryon flirting with the guru! But I decided to go with it lol. I'm glad you don't mind about me stealing your egg hunt idea, I think it's a great challenge!

@Queenarella
    I guess one solution to the weather outfits is to put a copy of the everyday outfit in hot/cold categories. I love that with MCCC you can change their outfit with one click.

I don't read the descriptions very often but with all the Princess Cordelia items I got curious.

Weird! That does sound like a glitch. Maybe it wasn't a glitch in my case though since Bryon and Yul did both stop kicking almost immediately.
    Haha that's true. Poor Yul :D

I mean, I already stole the egg hunt idea so you wouldn't be stealing it from me ;)

A brown egg - ewwwww.

I know, his disguise even had me fooled until I saw him directly from the front!

Aww the love guru deserves some love too... Although stealing Galatea's men from right under her nose was a lil sneaky!

On WordPress: The new editor actually turns out not to be so bad. I kind of like it now having written the chapter. It was just so annoying figuring out how to use it.

@MonaSolstraale
    Give it some time, Galatea may yet burn down the house :D

Haha I'm sorry, that was a pretty gross joke I made about the toilet and Rodrigo looking for the egg there but I couldn't resist.

Bryon is a funny guy. Maybe Galatea will like his pickup lines and maybe not, we will have to wait and see...

Sim fathers are so wonderfully oblivious when their other half is in labour. It is kind of annoying.

I was a little worried that they would all go and flirt with other people but since I had autonomy off it didn't happen. I don't know how Bryon still managed to flirt with the guru!

@Karababy52 Hey no worries, I don't think your comment was 'late' - it was me who was late replying lol.
    I think maybe I haven't been trying with Plopsy for long enough yet. I am sure Vlad will eventually sell something!

Oh yeah there are definitely some temple traps which can set your sim on fire which can kill them right there and then if you don't have a bottle of water of a fire extinguisher. Fortunately I have never had a sim die from a temple trap even though I did have one sim explore temples until he had all of the JA collectibles (including one of each of the super rare gold relics which took me absolutely ages and ages to find).

I guess the white aliens are kind of a very light grey? Maybe when they are adding skin colours they will add some more alien colours. Doubt it though!

No worries, you make such great sims! I like keeping my sims around too. That may be why I like vampires so much, they don't ever die!

I don't play with Spellcasters enough so doing that aspiration with Michael would be fun for me :)
    I backed up everything to a memory stick recently (and this time I just copied over my entire saves folder) so hopefully I won't lose anything again.

I don't think sims could ever sleep on couches but it's a shame since irl you obviously can.

She is! Aww thank you :)

Oh good, I am so bad with romance though so I can't promise great things in future chapters. I will try with the flirting though.

I think Queenie's idea with only having her sims kiss one person in their lives is romantic too. Obviously Galatea has already kissed Dana but I think she will be cautious now and save her kisses for the guy she falls in love with :)
    I had to include that screenshot because I thought it was so funny haha.

I like how mermen don't get all blurred out when they are in the bath in their mer form. Mermaids get their whole top half pixelated even though they have something covering their top half anyway (eg scales in Galatea's case). It means you can't see their mermaid form properly.

Now I come to think of it Rodrigo being afraid of a vampire kind of goes against his personality... Oh well lol.

Yul is definitely still a bit cut up about his ex :( but you're right, this challenge could show him that there are more fish in the sea (and mermaids ;) )

I had Galatea call everyone to eat but I noticed too late that Michael was still asleep and I had to wake him up. Don't worry, he did come down and eat but some of the guys had wandered off by then. I chose the screenshot where only Michael was missing because it had the most people in the screenshot. Rest assured that Galatea did talk to Michael (and other guys) during the day, I just didn't include screenshots because the chapter would have been way too long if I had.

It is a fun challenge! I stole the idea from @lilypadmeulin though ;)

Lol pot plant... I should have noticed that :D

Aww no don't worry about Michael on account of what was shown in the chapter. Like I said, I didn't include pictures of all that happened during the day. And he didn't get disqualified from the challenge for trying to take a bath :tongue:

Haha I was too lazy to make them all get dressed but you're welcome ;)

Michael was already on the toilet when they walked in and started talking. Not his fault at all!

Lol I am glad that you appreciated the 'behemoth' joke. I worried it might be a bit much...

Galatea does have a pretty profile. Probably because she inherited it from Caly haha. It's definitely no thanks to Vlad.

I have to admit I don't hate the stalking either, it's so funny.

@afai1261 the new wordpress editor actually isn't so bad! I was mad about the change but now I have it figured out (thanks to everyone here) I kind of like it. Not having to resize pictures in imgur first is a definite plus.

@TheYayToast thank you so much for the links and advice! Fortunately, I have now figured the picture situation out. It seems that with the new editor I don't actually have to resize pictures and they come out a fine size in Wordpress if I embed them using the block editor thingy. But even so it's great to know of some good image resizing software and to have a tutorial on how to use it! That sounds very useful for all sorts of things :) plus, there's a good chance that Wordpress may change things up again and I will be in need of a way to resize my images in which case I will definitely give Clip Studio a go!
    Haaaaa I really thought Bryon would be gone. He hasn't won anything yet. Maybe his girl-magnet ability is saving him every time again xD
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @MaggieMarley
    I'm sure he will too! One thing I've noticed is the stuff that is 'Legendary' quality seems to sell way faster than the rest. I had a few even sell almost immediately after they'd been listed! o.O

They can get set on fire with the traps? o.O Never had that happen to one of my Sims. The worst one so far is the poison arrow, but they were able to get an antidote immediately since all my jungle adventurers always take a laptop and portable table with them. I have a Sim that was supposed to find ALL the treasures, but it was taking too long and I abandoned that save intending to go back and finish 'one day.' It remains to be seen if one day ever comes. :D

Hmm, I guess the white ones could be considered grays. It would be nice if they added more alien skin colors, but I doubt they will too.

Aww, thanks for saying that, you're a sweetheart! Great idea having vampires for that very reason. I just turn aging off for the ones I don't want to die, or abandon the save when they're about to die (can't bear to see it). Or if they end up dying somehow by accident, I just don't save and restart. :p Unless it's a challenge that's not allowed to do. :# I don't play many challenges where that can happen though.

Cool! Maybe you'll get that chance! Hopefully... 🤞
    Very smart and thanks for the reminder! I need to buy another external hard drive for my desktop. I have one, but it's all but full from my brick of a laptop stuff.

You do just fine with the romance. I have a feeling that's one reason why you and Queenie probably get along so well. She hates writing romantic stuff too, as you know. ;) Having Galatea only kiss the guy who wins sounds like a fair plan. It makes sense and is very romantic really when you think about it. :)
    I never noticed that until you just wrote about it. I've only ever had one male merman, and he's very recent too so I haven't had him take a bath yet. I just figured they'd be blurred out too like the females, which I think is silly for both of them too. They have tops and bottoms, why is it necessary?

Oh no worries about Michael not being in that shot. I figured he must've had a good reason for not being there. I understand! :)

I didn't think he'd be disqualified, I just wondered if he actually ever looked for any eggs. lol

Good, thanks for letting me know. Did they get embarrassed?

Pfft, that was tame in my book really. I know, I know, 'think of the children!' But I'm not a child, so never even occurred to me it would be too much or anything, you're good. :)

The family stalking is hilarious and seems to be a thing in all bachelor/ette challenges eh?

Current Chapter:
    Okay, I forget, is Galatea a hybrid? I thought she was just a Mermaid? Otherwise, doesn't the Plasma Jane make regular normie Sims sick?

Congrats to Will and Gabriel for winning the group date! I like that Will is so confident he'll be rich one day too and that was a sweet comment he made to Galatea about her beauty. :) I like that Gabriel is so into cleaning up the environment too. Man, Michael has some serious competition! He just wants to be a Spellcaster! :D Love my magic boy though, hope Galatea does too. *gulp*

Congrats to Adonis for winning the solo date! Absolutely love Von Haunt estate! Hey, what he said wasn't that cheesy and the guy is named Adonis! Isn't that the God of Love? I would expect him to be full of romance, cheesy or not! ;)

Ha! I saw Mimsy peeking over the hedge right away and wondered if you were going to say anything about her. hehe I figured you had to since she's one of your favorite premades, right?

Whoa! Poor Yuki, boy is she lucky Galatea had that flower! Well this was certainly an exciting date eh? Though they might not think so. Fun to read anyway. :)

O.O Bryon was trying to hurt Michael? *growls* He is SO lucky Michael isn't a spellcaster yet or Bryon might find himself feeling a bit prickly and green if you get my drift! :D

The speedos look better on Yul than Vlad. Gah! Thanks a lot for putting that image back in my head! :s Ewwww...

Will looks a lot like Tom Cruise to me in that shot. I think it's the sunglasses. :)

Yes! Go ahead, punch him Adonis! *growls* :D

Very cool seeing Gabriel and Rodrigo discussing the environment together. At least some contestants can get along eh? (you know I'm just kidding with all this right? I like ALL the guys! Just having a bit of fun)

OMG, my heart dropped when I saw Michael standing there with Yul! Whew! That was a close one! So sorry to see Yul go though @VanPelt81, he's a very cool Sim, I love his look! Hopefully he'll soon get over his Ex and find someone else to love.

Great chapter! Looks like you got everything figured out with the images, obviously! Yay! \o/ I know a lot of Simmers think that Wordpress is easy, but it confuses the heck out of me. Just when I think I got things figured out, I'm wrong. lol Probably just need to use it more and it won't seem so intimidating to me. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Have a good one! <3
    He, he! Will. Not yet convinced that vampires exist :lol:

How can Gabriel sit on a bench during the day?
    Is it the pollution that prevents him from burning?

I love the picture from the solo date where Mimsy sticks her head in the hedge :joy:
    It looked like the date went pretty well until Yuki Behr appeared on stage.
    It was lucky for Yuki that Galatea had a dead flower in her pocket. A knight of the hedgehog does not harmonize so well with being a vampire.

Will looks great on that water slide :love:

Byron :lol:

Rodrigo tries to work with Gabriel to solve the climate challenges. Hm! Exciting :sunglasses:
    I'm glad he's got over his fear of vampires. I see him as a pretty open and curious guy.

I'm sorry Yul went out. He was quite interesting both in appearance and behavior.
    True but it's also nice to have weather outfits for when it snows or so.

I totally missed the Princess Cordelia things. I didn't even know her until you mentioned her :sweat_smile:

It used to be a glitch but then it was fixed. But it seems to be back in my game. Not all glitches/bugs are in all games. My goldmine is still growing.

Third degree stealing it is then :p

But did the love guru know about Galatea? Maybe she was innocent.

Yeah, the "how is this supposed to work now?" is annoying. It takes so much time to figure out how to do it after a change because there's no info on how to use it...

New chapter:
    Will won another group date? I'm surprised.

You'll get used to the paternal or even family stalking during bachelor/ette dates :D

This was Adonis' second solo date, wasn't it? Lucky guy! He would bring great genetics to the family :p

A wish on a wishing well or shooting star mustn't be shared or it won't come true! Same for birthday wishes and so on :D

Wow, you're generous! You saved a townie from death. And even used a death flower on her :o

Bryon tried to aim at Michael? :o Not very fair play, Bryon!

I love it when some sims have a prefered outfit. Too bad not everyone likes those speedos :D

Duh, my Will looks handsome on the waterslide. Tho I always hope for sims to fall on their faces O:)

Women wearing the same outfit: catfight.

Men wearing the same outfit: best friends for life :D

It's always so nerve-wrecking when your own sim is not the first to get a rose. But I don't want to scroll down because that's unfair, kinda. Luckily Will is still there :)

So sad to see Yul go. He still needs to get over his ex. I will miss him!
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I’ve used weebly and blogger. Weebly is the best for images and making everything pretty but people can’t follow you in a reader and there’s no community. That’s why I switched all of my stories to Wordpress. I wish Wordpress would get their act together. The block editor changes a lot but I still like it better than weebly. Blogger is the easiest to use, imo, but no one uses it like in Wordpress.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I'm thinking it might be an idea to move the Wordpress discussions to another thread.
    I myself have quite a few questions for setup and tips for websites and do not want to spam MaggieMarley's Straud Legasy thread.
    The only thing I have found about Wordpress is this thread: wordpress how to start for very beginners who has not been active for several years. (I therefore think I just risk being accused of Necroposting if I write in it :/ )
    @MonaSolstraale The last post on this thread was from February 2018, I wouldn't risk it. Tho the worst thing that would happen that a mod closes the thread and tells you not to necropost and add a link what that is supposed to mean ^^

Maybe we could open an all new thread? If there should be a thread like this then a mod would most likely just combine the old and new one :)
    @Skeilah
    Bryon wasn't the only guy not to have been on a date yet at this elimination! And maybe you are right about the power of his charm ;)

@Karababy52
    I don't think Vlad has knitted anything of legendary quality yet... Or maybe I just haven't paid enough attention haha.

Yep they can get set on fire by the traps in the temple! I think that is what would be most likely to kill them instantly if they didn't have any water of fire extinguisher at the ready. I think the poison takes 3 days to kill them so I never thought to have them take a computer into the jungle but that is a neat idea. My main adventuring sim did take his cat with him though and that meant he also had to take a litter tray!

I guess I like the fact that a sim being a vampire gives me a reason for why they are living so long (in comparison to other relatives, townies etc). Maybe I should try playing with aging off some day, but I just love playing generationally. Seeing how the kids turn out is my favourite part of the game.
    Me and Queenie are very similar in that respect haha. Funny how we both do bachelor/ette challenges despite not liking to write romance...
    It's ok, I made sure that they all looked for eggs (until they failed to find one and were out of the competition, that is).

Nope no embarrassment! It's weird, multiple sims keep using that bathroom at once (like, one will be in the shower and another will be in the bath or using the toilet). I think it is because of the glass walls around the shower - it makes them think the shower is a separate room.

'think of the children' always reminds me of that lady in The Simpsons who would always say that. I forget what she was called, maybe she was the priest's wife...

There is a lot more stalking to come :tongue:
    Galatea is a mermaid and nope she is not a hybrid. I'm not sure if the plasma jane makes normal sims sick actually. But, Galatea wan't having a plasma jane, Gabriel was the only one drinking a plasma jane. I can see why you might think that Galatea was also having a plasma jane though, her drink does look similar to Gabriel's in the screenshot. I had her order her favourite drink and I think it was a Ridgeport.

No being a spellcaster is a really cool ambition, Galatea should be at least as impressed by that than the environment stuff. Plus I think she would like having a spellcaster around who can magic things clean, since she is a squeamish sim and hates to clean herself. Hey, I should write that into a chapter if I remember.

I think Adonis was the lover of Aphrodite but that's all I know from a quick google. I know next to nothing about Greek mythology haha.

Yeah I love Mimsy. I think she is really beautiful. I had one of my sims fall in love with her, whisk her away from the Von Haunt estate and bring her back to life. Since then I've had a soft spot for her.

Yuki almost dying definitely added excitement to the date!

Haha I'm sure that Michael would be a match for Bryon ;)

I'm so sorry for traumatising you with Vlad in speedos lol.

I still find Wordpress really confusing, I'm so glad there are people on here to help me!

@MonaSolstraale
    Oops I forgot to mention that I used a mod to make Gabriel immune to sunlight temporarily. I did this at the romance festival so that he didn't burn to death there and the immunity to sunlight lasts 28 days so he was still immune at the time of this date :)

I laughed so hard when I saw Mimsy's head just peering over the hedge. After that screenshot she floated through the hedge and sat down next to them!

I flagged Yuki as immortal with MCCC so hopefully this won't happen to her again!

Yeah I thought Rodrigo and Gabriel would find common ground since I figured that they would both have an interest in Selvadorada's rainforests :)

I really liked Yul too. I was having too much fun with him, wasn't ready for him to go :(

@Queenarella
    I was so excited when Maxis uploaded Princess Cordelia to the gallery because after seeing all the build mode descriptions I had always wanted to have her in my game :) she is a very pretty sim and has such an interesting backstory.

I am so jealous of your goldmine. My dragonfruit plants don't seem to be growing back since they reverted :(
    Yup Will has been lucky with the dates so far, Adonis too! It was actually Adonis' first solo date, Adonis was on the group date with Will on the previous occasion :)

I think any of these guys would bring great genetics to the family, they are all so cute.

Well I wasn't acting only about generosity. I wanted to spare Galatea the sad moodlet from witnessing a death and Vlad has a death flower bush so we've already grown a few deathflowers.

I think Yul just loves swimming and that is why he was in speedos a lot. He went off to the pool to swim on free will all the time although he has the lazy trait - he even got a negative moodlet from exercising because he is a lazy sim! Another example of traits not having any effect on behaviour.

He does! Will always looks handsome though :)

I was sad to see Yul go :( but I do hope that MCCC finds him a nice partner to settle down with.

@pammiechick I'd probably find weebly and blogger confusing too haha. But yeah I agree that Wordpress is nice because you can follow stories etc. I don't hate Wordpress really, I just got frustrated with the changes and not knowing how to use it anymore!

Oh also to everyone: I don't mind the wordpress conversations on here, it's totally cool :)