Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    edited August 2020
    Yes, this whole pregnancy did not come as the big surprise anymore :smirk:
    I love the conversation Galatea has with her parents. Their answers are amazing :joy:

Mayor Wiskers has become lazy? Maybe it will help with a new shrub :/
    Both Mayor Wiskers, Atlas and Epimetheus feel overlooked ... but I like the comments they get :lol:

Vlad knitting :joy:
    A hat with a dangerous bear :joy::joy::joy:

Poor Galetea who finds her beloved with his lips wrapped in another womans :scream:
    ... and poor Dana who falls victim to the magic of the evil voice .... Suddenly he appears as a very naughty character :angry:

Well Galatea slipped out of Dana's claws :cold_sweat:
    I like that her parents support her without a doubt <3
    Vlad is really a good father ... how can I ever see him as evil again o:)

NB: It goes really fast for your Sims to complete aspirations :+1:
    I hope there are enough aspirations for your suitors the next generation :lol:
    Post edited by MonaSolstraale on
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    You're lucky that the worst stalker in my game can't stalk you. Because he lives there :joy:

That's kinda cute tho. Protector of the family and mean to the rest of the world lol

It's ok for mermaids but for receptionists it doesn't make sense :#

I'm so excited!

Yeah it's ok like this. Where do teenagers "end" in real life? 19? As they are TEENagers, like thirTEEN, sixTEEN :D It took me years to understand that's where the name comes from :joy:

You'll get too used to full houses that 1 or 2 sims alone will feel weird to play ;) I used to delete saves that had 8 sims in a household because it was too stressful for me. Now I love it.

New chapter :love: I wonder what will be the "happening" :D
    I had Kaden complete the Angling Ace aspiration in Willow Creek on the lot only :D Oh wait, you said fish collection. Oops :D

Tracy Flex is stunning! Who's her mother?

@Karababy52 doesn't like Vlad's dark form, I think. Not sure about the speedos :p It's a funny tease from the devs to give the majestic vampire Vladislaus Straud IV. these speedos :joy:

YES :D Make Vlad knit lol And then give him the big sweater :joy: I already bought the pack... For plopsy :D

PREGNANT?!?!?! Oh my ... That is... Wow. I feel you for shouting at the computer :joy:

Galatea seems to have a super flat stomach in general. Sims with that stomach don't have a baby bump until the second trimester. I always give my sims a bit of a "belly" because the "inward" belly is kinda weird to me :D

Why do the knitting needles look like the stake you can ram into a vampire's heart? ;):D Or is it just me?

Vlad with the teddy hat :joy:

Wait, has Galatea broken up with Dana yet?

I HATE DANA! Stupid sim with worms as hair.

Caly's yes came reeeeally fast :D

Rockets are cool! But watch out, thunderstorms are dangerous for rockets :#
    @MonaSolstraale
    I really ruined the surprise didn't I? :D I shouldn't have mentioned there was a surprise coming but I was so shocked myself that I couldn't help it!

Thank you :) I enjoyed writing that bit!

Maybe if I cover the garden with bushes he will find me more feathers...

I'm so mean neglecting the others! But Galatea ended up getting lots of attention because of the pregnancy and having to break up with Dana. Otherwise she'd have been ignored too lol.

Poor Dana, it was all my fault really!

Vlad can be both a good father and evil >:)

Don't worry, there are still plenty of aspirations left :)

@Queenarella
    It's weird, I see lots of people saying Vlad stalks their sims but he never has in my saves and I wouldn't mind it haha.

Oh yeah it's weird when the restaurant staff do it!

I see the teens ending when you get to 20, so 19 is the last year of being a teen. Imo if you have a 'teen' in your age, you're a teen!
    There are so many fish in the fish collection... Not sure I will manage to complete it after all haha.

I'm actually not sure! I should check. She may also have another father since in my game MCCC is set to give gay couples kids too.

She doesn't like the speedos either and honestly I can't blame her, he doesn't look great in them. But I find it too funny so I kept them.

The main reason why I gave Vlad this aspiration is because I want to see what he looks like in the forbidden sweater :D

Yup. Pregnant. Yay...

Could be that too. Maybe she inherited Vlad's really flat stomach.

I may have to steal that comparison (the knitting needles looking like stakes)!

Yep she broke up with him after finding out that he had cheated on her!

Aww you don't like his hair? I actually like that hairstyle haha. I can't bring myself to hate Dana even though he cheated on Galatea because I made him do it... I feel kinda guilty about that.

I thought Caly would be all in favour of extreme punishment :p
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2020
    Opps! Wrong thread... Is my face red? It should be! :D

Anyway, you're both right, I don't like Vlad's dark mode AND I'm weirded out with his teeny weeny zebra striped bikini. Sooo, thanks for the warning in the chapter. :D
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @Karababy52 no worries about the wrong thread :) as for the speedos... I don't blame you! I will continue to put a 'speedo warning' before each screenshot in which he is in his swimwear :D
    hehe You're hilarious! But thank you, I appreciate it! ;)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I... uh, apologise in advance for what I'm about to post
    Viewer discretion is advised (and no, it's not super muscular Vlad in his speedos)
    I call it... Vlad's ultimate fantasy
    hp0dcmi.jpg
    that may or may not be Dana's severed head that he's holding *ahem*
    @afai1261 I think it's wonderful and really fun <3:joy:
    ... although I may not quite think it is deserved ;)
    Because you play him most of the time :joy:

It's kinda logical, isn't it? lol

I think you only need the base game ones or the number of how many base game fish there are. I've completed collections without all collectibles found ^^

Oh interesting. I guess someone with green eyes? I only know that Don has those green eyes :joy:

The speedos are epic, imo. I would never change them either.

He will look ridiculous for sure :joy: Can't wait to see him wearing the monster.

Do it, I don't mind any "stealing" ^^

I don't like most of the dreadlock hair styles we have in the game. Dreadlocks in general are gross imo and the ones in the game don't look that nice to me :D

Dana messed up your plans for Galatea. He put a bun in her ofen. That would be enough for me to hate him lol I wouldn't have made him cheat but die instead >:)

New chapter:
    Well, you can say about Vlad what you want, he is a great father.

Wait, how did Vlad get him up in the air? I thought that's a vamipire spar thing only?

Congrats on finding all space prints!

Oh naming schemes are so hard to find :# Planets sounds cool, tho! I would skip Uranus tho :joy: Venus or Mars sound cool! Or Jupiter.

I'll never get used to seeing Vlad knitting :D

That third trimester baby bump is the smallest one ever in the game :o

No Major :bawling: Don't get old :'(

How many aspirations have you already completed? 10? ^^

I've read that peeing yourself when pregnant is a real thing ._. I saw an article on Bored Panda about this and it's kinda disturbing :#

Yes, that's a gold medal Winterfest :)

With young adulthood the baby bump is finally huge :D

Clementine is such a cute name! Love it :)

Excited for the bachelorette :love:
    I can 't imagine Dana ever approaching Vlad again ... if he can avoid it :scream:
    Maybe he should escape into my game anyway before Vlad or Galatea's grandfather kills him !? There are probably no places he can otherwise feel safe :#

Atlas crashes with the rocket and will immediately set off again?
    It looks like there is some engineering work to be done first ;)

Congratulations on the space prints collection. Cool! B)
    Congratulations to Epimetheus that he has been shut off by the star telescope :)

Winterfest! I am impressed that everyone completed the goals, even though it looked like a horrible party B)

Poor Clement Frost who from the goodness of heart returns with gifts year after year. He is not received as deserved :/
    I still think it must be a patch on the wound that he ends up as an obstetrician, as the namesake and godfather of Galatea's daughter <3 .
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @afai1261 Bahahahahaaaaa!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @afai1261 omg that is hilarious! I love it so much! Thank you for sharing, I laughed so hard when I read the title and then saw the sketch :D

@Queenarella
    Thank you for telling me that about the fish collection! Someone else said the same and it's such a relief. That means I should complete it more quickly than I thought :)

Omg I would love it if she was Don and Marcus' daughter. I will have to check.

Glad I'm not the only one who likes them haha.

Thank you <3

We will have to agree to disagree on dreadlocks haha. I really like them, but it's a matter of taste I guess :)

Lol I genuinely considered making Vlad kill Dana by making him enraged (he has the vampire power which allows you to influence other sims' emotions) but then I thought Galatea wouldn't like that so in the end I didn't do it.
    When a vampire fights a non-vampire they always do the vampiric spar animations and I think they also always win.

Maybe I will do a planets naming theme one day, I kinda like the idea too.

Depends how you count aspirations. In total the family has done 17 aspirations, including the childhood ones. But, Circe and Atlas had the same childhood aspiration and Vlad and Caly did some of the same aspirations. In total I've completed 13 unique aspirations I think.

I guess if the baby is pressing on your bladder you might pee? Kinda makes sense.

Glad you like it!

About to post the first chapter :)

@MonaSolstraale
    I'll pop Dana on the gallery for you :) You may want to change his outfits, he will be wearing what the game dressed him in. I want to know what he gets up to in your game!

I have had to rebuild that rocket ship so many darn times. Thankfully rebuilding it doesn't take as long as building it from scratch :)

Thank you :) I have never completed the space prints collection before!

I love that Father W turned up right on time so much haha. Hopefully he thinks having a baby named after him is sufficient compensation :D
    Ahhh! And so it begins!

All those hotties! I’m definitely going to like this gen! 😍
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Yay! So excited it's started. I'm a little nervous though, of course.
    I feel a little sad for Galatea since she had to leave her baby behind for now. She looks so melancholy, but happy, looking at her new baby. Lovely profile BTW! Glad to hear aging is off for the time being. At least, hopefully, she'll be there when Clementine (love the name!) ages up to toddler. :) Love the new knitted baby onesies! I just got NK yesterday so haven't had a chance for my tester Sim to have a baby or knit one yet. It'll take her awhile, but she's definitely going to have kids. Anyway...

Love the sweater/scarf Vlad knitted for Galatea too! Can't wait until my Sim is that advanced. lol

Wow, Circe seems a bit snarky and holding a grudge still over losing to Galatea as heir. o.O Very cool though she married into the Feng family.

Yul is such a cutie! I love his hair and his profile. He seems like a happy Teddy bear of a guy to me. He has an advantage too since he knows what it's like to have someone cheat on you. Bummer they have that in common though at the same time.

Poor Galatea, she's so nervous, it's extremely endearing though. Her monologue had me literally laughing out loud. Stay away from the coffee dear! :D

I wondered the same as Galatea if Vlad happened to be one of Jude's Mom's clients. That would've been a bit awkward, eh? o.O Love his hair, I've never used that style, it looks good on him.

Uh, Rodrigo, is adorable, but I'm with Galatea. I love JA, but I could never explore a rain forest myself, too many things that could kill you! He's a native though, so it's just a way of life for him. He seems very brave!

Will sure is a sharp dresser, he already looks like a business man. He doesn't sound too keen on spending any money he earns on Galatea though. Aww, come on Will, pamper her a bit, she deserves it! ;)

Whoa! Bryon sure is confident, isn't he? A little forward there calling Galatea Mrs. Ellison. :D He seems like a very take charge kind of guy. A little arrogant, but he's cute and the blue hair is a plus.

Well now, Adonis sure is living up to his name, very romantic saying how he loves Galatea's eyes. Another guy that has an advantage since he's a merman. Can't hurt his chances they have that in common. Very cute too! I'm a sucker for purple eyes on Sims.

I can see why Galatea mistakenly called Gabriel muscles. What a totally buff Sim! Very noble of him for what he wants to do for the environment. I hope he finds his Mom too! Gorgeous Sim, I love that skin color!

Hello Mr. Gorgeous, er, I mean Michael! Aww, I adore what you had him say about real love not coming from a cauldron, that sounds exactly like something he would say! <3

Good thing there is no such spell for making a ball float! :D AND that he's really not a spellcaster. At least not yet. Go Michael, I hope you did well! (please, please, please) 🤞

I really can't tell who might've had the most kicks from the screenshots, looks like they all did well. They all certainly look cute/handsome jumping around like that though. Michael's got some tough competition. Can't wait to find out who won a solo date! \o/

I promise I won't make all my chapter comments this long, I just wanted to say a little about each guy this time as we're getting to know them a bit. I love how you managed to give them all a unique voice. Great job!

Looking forward to the next chapter, have a great rest of your weekend! <3
    I'm sure it'll be done faster than you think. Some collections can be a bit tricky sometimes tho.

MCCC has married of Don to men in my game so many times now, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the other father :)

Maybe I don't like dreadlocks because I don't like the attitude of some people I know who have them :D

It would have been nice tho :D Like afai's picture :p

I didn't know this. My sims barely fight, unless it's for an aspiration ^^

As long as you skip Uranus, it's a cool theme.

Both numbers are super high :o I didn't have that many after gen 3 took over...

It makes sense but I don't want to pee myself in public lol

YAS :love:

New chapter :love:
    That onesie is definitely pink!

Love the color of the scarf! Mint is a pretty color :)

Calm down, Galatea :D So cute tho!

Yul's comment about "it wasn't bad" lol

"and stop there" :joy: Poor Jude was so confused.

Rodrigo is one handsome sim :o I bet he makes pretty babies :p Maybe you could breed out Vlad's grey skin with him.

Is it weird I thought "who dat?" when it was Will's turn?

Mrs. Ellison, smooth, Bryce :D Not gonna lie, this would work on me :|

Adonis has the perfect name. He looks like an Adonis ^^

Gabriel has the dark vampire color I love so much! :love: So handsome! All candidates are handsome, I wouldn't want to be Galatea (she only gets to pick one :p )

Caly :joy: Love the screenshot :joy:

Michael *swoon* And a spellcaster! I think we both agree that any kind of occult is awesome :p

Ah, the good old ball kicking :p:D Don't try to make it sound less weird, make it sound even weirder >:)

There's nothing called "a too long chapter" ;)

Great start! The guys are all amazing and I can't wait to see more!
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yaa, nice meeting the guys!
    Galatea being so nervous at first made me chuckle xD Glad your first guy was Yul! I'm not that into beards but it fits Yul. But maybe that's because it fits the total picture xD Can't wait to see more of him!

Hahahahahahh "stop there" xD I don't know yet what to think about Jude but I'm curious about him.

I don't think Rodrigo and I would be good friends. Just give me a hotel, I don't like crawlies, snakes and vampire bats. Or camping in general. But he makes an interesting character in this challenge for sure!

HAHA oh my, William made me think of Kent (my contestant in Queenarella's Bachelor challenge with Tempy xD He just misses the beanie. And Will is dressed better.

Oh my, Bryon. First impressions, first impressions! But it's smooth, with the 'Mrs. Ellison' xD I don't think this is going to work out, but I'll have fun for the time being xD

I like Adonis! A lot^^ I think he's going to be my favorite :)

Hahahahah 'hello muscles'. Smooth, Galatea, smooth. And Gabriel being okay with that is even better. He seems like a good guy.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Oh man you guys... I have lost this save :( I did a factory reset on my computer to try and fix some issues I am having with it and I thought I had backed up all the saves that I wanted to keep to a memory stick. But when I got my computer set up again and everything I am missing this save! Luckily I saved as before I began the bachelorette so I still have everything up until before Galatea moved out (in that save Galatea is a YA and Clementine has just been born). But, I don't have the bachelorette save.

And although I know I did check the relationship scores I forgot to write them scores down which means that I don't even remember what they were.

So it looks like I'm going to have to play the first day all over again :( and that means that the next chapter will be a bit longer in coming probably.

I DID note down who won the football challenge so they will still be getting dates on the second day.

The next chapter will still be day 2 because I guess you guys don't want to see a re run of day 1 but I'm sad that all of those screenshots from the first chapter are now from a day that never happened. Maybe I'll replace them. But I guess I'll probably be too lazy to do that.

Sorry for not replying to your comments. I will reply to them... But I'm kinda tired and annoyed right now.
    Oh no! That sounds awful to you :/ It is good to hear you’ve not lost your entire game :+1:
    I can well understand you are sorry. I think we all can understand it’s frustrating to play the whole first day again :#
    Personally I see no reason for you to White the first day over agin <3
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Oh no :( I get that you’re tired and annoyed right now. I would’ve smashed my computer to the ground or something if that happened, but praise yourself lucky that it’s only one day and not a whole safe. Just take your time on fixing everything^^ no rushing!

And I dont think you need to re-upload day one. Its vague in the story after all so whatever happens, just go further with day 2 like nothing happened. :)
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey there! I've been reading along. Work and stuff has had me super out of everything, but I've been reading every chapter and laughing.

I'm so sorry to hear that the save got lost! At least you hadn't gone too too far into the challenge... (I hope.) :s Glad though that you were able to make sure the main save is still okie dokie.

Take care!
    Ugh! How frustrating! I’d cry if that happened!

Well, just one day lost so that shouldn’t be too bad. Take your time! We’ll be here when your chapter is ready!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg