Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I'm sorry this happened to you! But luckily, you only have to replay day 1! Unless you already played more days and just haven't posted them yet...

Luckily your legacy family is safe! At first I thought the whole save was lost. :#
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm so sorry for taking so long to reply to comments everybody. I honestly do really appreciate all the comments I get on this story, it's just that I've had a lot going on irl recently. Also I had to replay the first day - which honestly I probably made way too much of a fuss about - I'm just lucky I didn't lose the legacy part of the game, that would have killed me. And life kind of got in the way of writing the chapter for a bit. But it's all done now and I will publish it shortly :)

@pammiechick agreed on the hotties! I can't believe what a great bunch of contestants I have this time around :o then again, I loved all the contestants last time too haha. And thank you for your comments about the save :) I realise now that it was silly to be upset about it as it was just one day but I was just super mad at the time as I was looking forward to playing day 2.

@Karababy52 thank you for your lovely comment :) no worries about the length, it's really nice to know what parts of the chapter you enjoyed! And of course the chapter itself was also long :D
    I thought about having Clemmie move into the bachelor mansion with Galatea when there is only 6 guys left but then I realised having a crying baby in the house would get in the way of things haha.

Galatea's jumper is one of my favourite items from the pack I think.

Circe is gloomy so she complains a lot in general but yes I think she is also a bit bitter about not being heir.

I don't know why but somehow as I was writing Galatea she came out really nervous and I thought it was funny, glad you did too!

Since Galatea is squeamish I think exploring a rainforest would be hell for her! But in the sims it's not actually that dangerous. Your sim can get poisoned but they have 3 days to get the antidote before they die. Irl though I am with you - too many lethal creatures in the rainforest!

Will's everyday outfit is really nice too. All of the guys (or most of them anyway) were in their winter wear because they all got cold despite me switching on the thermostat to warmer.

I had so much fun writing that bit for Bryon haha. He is such a fun sim, I will enjoy having his confident self around ;)

I had to mention the purple eyes since I love them so much! I would love to have some purple skin in the family some day... Maybe an alien abduction will happen one day, I can only hope.

I love Gabriel's skin colour too! It is so beautiful, especially with his blue eyes.

Lol Mr Gorgeous, that is such a fitting name for Michael! Hehe I like that line about love potions too. I think he is a really sweet sim, that's the feel I get for his personality anyway.

Michael is a spellcaster in CAS right? I thought he was when I checked but now I'm worried in case I messed up!

Thank you :) and I hope you're having a great day!

@Queenarella
    Haha if only you could cut off a sim's head in the game.... Then maybe I would have recreated afai's picture in game ;)

Would be hilarious to have a kid called Uranus haha. I would have to use Pluto because I refuse to accept that my favourite planet is not a planet!

I think Vlad being a vampire and both Caly and Vlad being celebs helped a lot with the aspirations. Also I am mean and make my sims work a lot haha.

No peeing yourself in public doesn't sound fun. But hopefully that doesn't happen very much to pregnant women outside of sims lol
    I'm glad you agree! They were lying when they called it red!

Poor Yul lol :D

Rodrigo is a hottie, true. And he also manages to have a really sweet face at the same time :)

You may have had trouble recognising Will because he was in his cold weather outfit, most of them (if not all of them) were. They all got cold and I switched the thermostat to warmer but they were still complaining it was cold and I didn't want any of them to freeze to death so I made them dress for cold weather.

Bryon is so funny. I can't wait to write more of his dialogue haha.

Afai is always great at naming her sims and Adonis is gorgeous.

Ugh I know, why can't she marry them all? Or at least have a kid with each of them?

I haven't played with spellcasters enough so it would be fun if Michael won! Not to mention he is cute...

I shouldn't have got so upset about losing one day of progress but sometimes I overreact :D lol well hopefully nothing like this happens again anyway!

@Skeilah
    The beard does fit Yul! He has such a kind of cute innocent face.

Sounds like you and Galatea would be friends then, she is super squeamish! I wouldn't call myself squeamish, creepy crawlies don't bother me in general, but I have to admit I don't much fancy the idea of tomb exploration irl (in the game though, yes please!)

Bryon is such a character, I love him! We will have to see if his confidence is justified ;) but it would be very fun to have him around permanently if he wins, I really like big characters.

I like Adonis too... But actually I like all of them. It's going to be tough sending anyone home.

Gabriel is a good guy in general I think - he cares a lot about the environment and stuff - but then again, maybe he will turn out to have a darker side? His mother did. But, I will work with what I see in game :)

As for the save: it's all ok now, I replayed it and I've learned an important lesson - to be more careful when backing things up! I'm fortunate not to have lost the main save.

@MonaSolstraale thank you :) I guess having to replay day 1 wasn't a big deal but since this is a competition it felt kinda wrong :( oh well, it can't be helped now!

@TheYayToast I'm so happy that you've been enjoying reading! I hope everything has been ok for you at work :) I overreacted about losing a day of gameplay lol. I should have just been relieved not to lose the main save but at the time I was just aggravated.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @MaggieMarley
    Understandable, I'd do the same thing in your shoes. Especially since I can't stand the sound of the babies wailing. o.O

I love the sweaters too, they make the most simoleans on Plopsy for one thing! :D At least in my game, but they're really well done as well. My favorite is the sweaters that come with a dress.

Ah, that's right, I'd forgotten she has the gloomy trait.

It was hilarious and went perfectly with her demeanor and look in the screenshots.

That's true about the poison, but I think there's a few things in the actual jungle that can kill them outright if I'm not mistaken, like some kind of fireflies or something?

Ohhhh, I just assumed he dressed a bit more formal like that from his traits/aspiration. I can tell you're having fun with him. It makes him memorable at least, even if a bit obnoxious. hehe

Purple is my favorite color so of course the purple aliens are my favorite too and I adore the purple eyes in the game. I probably use them too much for my Sims, one of my favorite Sims has purple eyes, but oh well. :)

He reminds me a bit of my Sim Maralyn from Queenie's challenge, she has that skintone and blue eyes too. I hope he has better luck than she did though. o.O

I love how Michael turned out, I think he's even better looking than his brothers, but yeah, he's a sweetheart! Oh and no, he's not actually a spellcaster. He's a clone/brother using genetics of Rafael and I don't think you can make them spellcasters that way. Even if I could've, I would've left him a 'normal' Sim just with the aspiration so you could play through it for the points. If he wins, of course. ;)

You're welcome and it's been going well so far, hope your day is going well too. <3

Current Chapter:
    No worries about the 'wall of text' as you say, I can certainly understand. I would've been devastated to lose even one day like that, but at least you didn't lose the entire Legacy. o.O That would've been a tragedy! I love your idea about giving the contestants more free will to choose their own topics when talking with Galatea. It makes perfect sense and seems more organic and authentic that way. Hopefully the hidden chemistry between Sims in the game will kick in a little more that way as a result.

Tsk, such a hardship for Galatea having to sleep on that lovely soft looking sofa. Pfft, I bet it has more comfort than a lot of beds! :D

Cracks me up how Will insisted on sticking his head in the sand when it comes to believing in mermaids and vampires. Even with clear evidence right before his eyes. :D He certainly enjoys flaunting his wealth too or love of wealth I should say eh?

lol Already a bit of trash talk going on between Adonis and Will, love it! Galatea looks so different in her mermaid form, love how sparkly it is. :)

Sounds like Galatea is in love with the idea of being a Princess living in a castle while chatting with Adonis, he might have an advantage there. Even if she really wouldn't be able to live in one with him. I guess I can't blame her, a lot of girls dream of such things in real life too.

Congrats to Rodrigo for winning the solo date! He seems like a bit of a romantic on their date, love it! I say bring on the cheese, the more the better! :D

Funny how Atlas showed up, seems you have family stalkers too as does Queenie in her challenge. I guess they really care about who their sibling marry's and want to check out the candidates, or they're just nosy Nates. :D

Muwahaha! So funny how Galatea and some of the guys are all sitting there dressed for cold weather and Yul just goes casually strolling by in his speedo. :D

Aww, too bad Mr. Confident didn't get his kiss, but yeah, way too early for that. I KNEW that's what he'd ask for though. lol

Sheesh Maggie, or I should say Michael, don't scare me like that. I saw him sitting there with Jude and thought, oh boy, here we go again, first one out the door, bye Michael. So sorry to see Jude go though, @RL He seemed like a real Sweetheart. He'll be missed. :(
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    Wow! Rodrigo won the first date :o
    I hope he does not bore Galatea too much with his eternal talk of artifacts and relics :D:#
    That's not baby rated anymore then :p Oh sorry, I mean teen rated :)

Yes, Pluto should be a planet again! Poor thing.

I make my sim work a lot, too. Blue and Roger barely know their daughters :joy:

It seems to be a real thing tho :sweat_smile:

I should have recognize him by is face or glasses :D I hate the cold weather outfit INSIDE thing... Happens way too many times.

A kid with each of them, I think you're mixing up challenges :p

No, it's hard to lose any progress so it's totally fine to complain about it!
    Like the little changes you made :) I do the same out of "fairness", totally not because I'm lazy :D

YAS :love: My Will boy won a date ^^

*mermaids right in front of him*

Will: Nope, they don't exist :D

The Great Sloth Invasion? I need to know more :D

HA! Museum dates are a thing!

Atlas :joy: He's a goofy sim but doesn't know about it lol

Yul looks better in the speedos than Vlad does. Sorry :p

Aw, it's sad to see Jude leave :/ Love how you added the supsense tho ^^

Wow, the ball kicking scores are so different :o To be honest, I didn't think Will would make it. "Kick a footbal with these shoes? Are you mental?!" :D
    @Karababy52
    Ahhh Vlad still hasn't managed to sell anything on Plopsy despite the fact that he has level 10 knitting skill and all of the things he listed were excellent quality :(

You may be right about some other things in the jungle being able to kill them outright! I have always sent my sims into the jungle with lots of supplies from the market so that if they get attacked by anything they can fend it off so fortunately I have yet to have any fatalities in the jungle :)

Will's everyday outfit is also quite formal (more formal than his cold weather outfit actually) so you weren't wrong! I'm having fun with all of the guys, they are all great characters :)

Purple aliens are my favourite too - the light purple kind. I also really love the light blue aliens (like Roger and Tempy's colour). I wish there were pink aliens though as that is my favourite colour haha.

I love Maralyn so much and Gabriel's skin/eye combo reminded me of her straight away when I saw him!

You should be happy with how he turned out, he is very handsome!

I checked Michael in CAS and realised that I messed up, so sorry! I thought he was a spellcaster because I saw the spellbook symbol from his aspiration and mistook it for the symbol that spellcasters get in CAS - d'oh! I will remember that in future :) wait, do I get points for turning a sim into a spellcaster? Did not know this! It will be fun to take Michael on that journey if he wins.
    If I had lost the whole legacy I genuinely would have been inconsolable haha.

I am excited about giving them more free will, I can't wait to see how it goes :)

I just wish that sims could sleep on sofas rather than just being able to nap on them :(

Haha Will's reluctance to believe in mermaids and love of money come from the bio that Queenarella wrote for him. She comes up with such fun personalities!

It's so weird but occults born in game usually get a completely different set of genetics in their second form to their normal form. Galatea has Vlad's nose and his eyebrows in her mermaid form, but not in her normal form!

Rodrigo does have the romantic trait so I tried to make him say some lovey dovey things (so far as my bad romance writing skills would allow anyway).

There is even more family stalking coming up in the next chapter ;)

I'm going to do the same as Queenarella and only have Galatea kiss the winner of the bachelorette (same as I did last gen for Vlad's bachelorette). I think it seems more romantic that way.

I am so sorry about that part with Michael, I knew when you saw him there you would worry but it's 100% his fault for turning up at the wrong moment lol.

@MonaSolstraale
    I thought their date should be in a museum considering Rodrigo's interests but I only realised after writing the chapter that there is a museum in Selvadorada and I wish I had taken them there! Oh well if he wins another solo date I will know where to take him ;)

Nah I don't think he will bore Galatea, I think she was glad to learn about his interests :)

@Queenarella
    Haha I hate that with a legacy the family relationships are so bad because your sims barely get to spend time together! At least Vlad and Caly both having the reward trait from completing the friend of the world aspiration which means that their friendly relationships do not decay.

Did not want to know that :D

That is the annoying thing about seasonal outfits, they barely ever seem to wear their everyday outfits when it's really hot or cold even if the thermostat is on.

Omg imagine if I did a 100 baby with her? Nope, nope never doing that one again...
    Took me way too long to figure out I should do this lol. And yeah it is a lot less effort too which I like!

I wonder if Will will realise that mermaids exist if he marries one...

Haha the great sloth invasion is canonically what drove Princess Cordelia out of her home land according to the story that you can piece together from the descriptions of items in build mode (or of course from the info about her on the sims wiki). I don't think much is said about it but maybe Adonis will tell us more at a later date :)

I love Atlas' personality so much. I am kind of sad that he didn't win the heir poll sometimes.

Anyone looks better in speedos than Vlad :p

I can't take credit for the suspense, Michael turned up and sat down just as Galatea was about to boot Jude :D

I know! I was surprised that Yul and Bryon both got zero as I swear I saw them kick the ball a few times. But, they did both stop before the others so I guess even if they got a few kicks in which the game didn't register they still lost.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I absolutely loved this chapter!
    Caly isn't fooling anyone with the quick change, but Bryon flirting with the Guru had me in hysterics. And I'm really pleased about the egg hunt!
    Same for Blue, Roger and their kids :/ I try to let them all talk to each other at least once a day.

Yes, that's sooooo annoying! Some sims tend to wear their hot/cold outfits only... Amy wore her cold outfit 24/7 -.-

The challenge sounds fun but when you try it it's... boring.

I think Will is blind on his occult eye :D

:o I didn't know this! I don't read those descriptions. Maybe I should pay more attention. A lot of hints for new packs seem to be hidden there, too.

Agree, Atlas would have been great as a bachelor. Well, I did vote him :D

Michael loves some drama :p

This used to be a glitch/bug, then it got fixed and now it's back. I had one of the contestants kick the ball for like 30 sims minutes, notification said: 0.

Day 3:
    Yul sounds like the guy who'd be kicked out first in the real bachelorette :sweat_smile: "You're obviously not over your ex!"

The egg challenge sounds awesome! I might - i.e. definitely - steal this idea :p

Gosh, Rodrigo! :s Well, he lay an egg in the toilet :joy: Not the kind he's looking for tho... :D

Bryon's face when Will walks into the bathroom is hilarious :joy:

I feel you about the romance flirting stuff :D

Ah, the good old parents stalking :D Vlad's disguise is the best!

Bryon, doesn't he have standards? I mean, the love guru is ... old and something is super saggy/non-existent anymore :#:joy:
    It's great that Galatea did not burn down the house.

Yul !? He sounds like he's still stuck in the past :/

The past should be Rodrigo's specialty and here he shows that he is not afraid to mess with old dirt. He disappoints me ... I get nauseous :s

Byron's ego is second to none ... wondering if Galatea falls for that kind of exaggerated charm :#

Romance festival. How exciting
    I love Vlad trying to sneak unnoticed into that disguise :lol:

I'm glad to see Turner has found his love .... but I want to warn him against leaving his beloved in the lurch with obvious pains. That love can have an abrupt end :/

Byron flirting with the guru :joy:
    It might as well have happened to Rodrigo. When I played with his alter ego in my game, he flirted with every woman and man. He was unruly and driving me crazy.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @MaggieMarley I'm not getting my notifications for some reason. :( Apologize for the late reply as a result. Anyway...
    Nothing? Hmm, I wonder if it's a glitch. It seems to go in spurts for my Sim. She'll have a dry spell, then sell two at a time, another long dry spell where everything expires, and then multiple purchases at once. It's not very consistent which is frustrating.

I've done exactly the same. All my explorers have been extremely prepared when entering the jungle. However, I believe I've read threads or maybe saw screenshots where other Simmers had their Sims outright die from some hazard getting to the temples. o.O

The light ones are my favorite too, but I like the darker ones as well and yes, the blue like Roger is a gorgeous alien color too. I wish we had orange, pink, yellow, navy and especially an even deeper purple alien, like a plum color. I always wondered too why there aren't any gray aliens like the ones from Roswell fame. Maybe they thought it would be too cliche or something. :D

Thank you so much for what you said about both Maralyn and Michael! I love all my Sims. Probably why I have a hard time doing Legacies myself. I don't want them to die. lol

Hey no worries! I can see how you might think he was already a Spellcaster since I mentioned how he would practice spells in his bio. But that was just for story purposes. I am pretty sure you get a point for completing the Spellcaster aspiration. I think Queenie completed it for Melina in her challenge to get a point if I'm not mistaken. So yep, if Michael wins, maybe he could get you another point for the Legacy. :)
    Understandable. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I lost my Drifter challenge. o.O

It would be nice if they could. Have Sims ever been able to sleep on couches? I don't think they have unless they could in TS3 which I've never played.

I know, and agree! She's great at making fun personalities for her Sims and for ours in her challenge. So are you too!! :)

I've noticed that, it's kind of cool really. Never had a born in-game occult myself, except for alien abduction babies.

It worked, he sounds very romantic! Good job! :)

Fair enough. I'm a hopeless romantic so I'm always hoping to see romance in these kind of challenges, but after Queenie explained her reasoning for only the winner getting kisses, it doesn't bother me as much. She's a closet romantic you know. Doesn't like the mushy stuff, but sometimes the small every day gestures or not-in-your-face kind can be even more romantic. I get it! ;)

lol No worries, I love unexpected drama and surprises so it's all good! :)

Current Chapter:
    Sheesh Michael, wake up! You're there to woo the bachelorette, not sleep! Too bad he really isn't a spellcaster, he could just chug down a potion of plentiful needs and be good to go 24/7! :p

Amazing screenie of Adonis! He looks so happy! :)

lol Rodrigo has no problem facing all the dangers in the jungle that could kill him, but a vampire intimidates him...well, I guess I get it anyway. Dealing with those dangers has taught him how to handle other dangers and stay alive! ;) Bryon cracks me up! :D

Wow, sounds like Yul still isn't over his Ex yet. Poor guy, she really must've done a number on him. I hope Galatea doesn't get sick of him always bringing it up. Maybe she'll be the catalyst to finally help him get over his Ex? I guess we'll find out. :)

Uh oh, where was Michael for breakfast? o.O Wait, is that Rodrigo? Holy Simoly! Look at that hunk! He looks so different without his hat/glasses...clothes. :p I thought he was cute before, but he's actually downright delicious...uh, wait...

Cool idea having an egg hunt for a challenge, but Rodrigo, Ewww! That's disgusting! Silly man! Sheesh! -1 Hunk point :D

A pot plant? Uh...okay, I could say something here, but I'll just smile instead. B)

I'm getting a bit worried about Michael. Taking naps instead of wooing Galatea, taking baths instead of doing the challenge right away, not showing up for breakfast. o.O Better step up your game Dude!

Loving all these bare-chested shots of our guys, Thank you! <3

HAHA! Michael! Oh for Heaven's sake. This one isn't his fault though, right? Please tell me they weren't in there already talking when he came in there.

The look on Bryon's face... behemoth? OMG! Maggie, you're hilarious and naughty! *clutches pearls* Not really, I'm not a pearl clutcher, exact opposite actually. :D

Galatea's profile is so pretty sitting at the Romance Festival talking to the guys. :)

Whoa, talk about a perfect prediction from the Romance Guru! Couldn't get any better than that.

Well it was funny and rude of Caly and Vlad to stalk their daughter, but I'm not mad about it. Especially since Michael got a lot of screen time as a result! lol Not that it'll help him or anything, I just like seeing him. :)

hehe Figures Bryon would flirt with the Guru. I'm not one bit surprised! It's like he's doing it on purpose giving you fuel for his personality or something. Love it! Very weird though.

Can't wait to find out who won! <3
    Hi everyone! As always thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them and I will respond <3 I am having a bit of a problem right now unfortunately with Wordpress :(

Wordpress has changed things up so that now writing a post is different and I can't figure out how to add imgur pictures to a post anymore. I used to just click on a picture in my imgur, click 'share links', copy the 'BBCode (Forums)' link, then paste that link into the post and the picture would appear. Now however the picture does not appear when I do this.

Until I figure out how to add pictures to Wordpress from Imgur I am afraid I won't be able to write any more chapters. I'm a technophobe so it may take me a good while.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited August 2020
    I never worked with Wordpress before and Im going to eat now but if nobody is in the possibility to help you before Im done, I’ll be happy to help you figuring it out :)
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Thank you @Skeilah <3 I will try and figure it out but it may take me a little time. I'll be a bit busy for the next two days but after that I can dedicate some serious googling time to the problem :D
    Okay, this is what I found. I'll put everything in spoilers because this will be looooong.
    When I opened Wordpress and clicked on the button to write a new post, I had this:
    lb81mk.25.27.png

In the upper left, you have a + button where you can add a block. Then you get this thing:
    hkp3949ruwuf5.27.11.png

Type in the search-bar 'embed' like this. You'll find an 'Imgur'-block after some scrolling.
    9fu65a6v.23.30.png

Insert the Imgur-block. It looks like this:
    pu4jf54hiwg.23.46.png

I used this photo of your challenge to test the Imgur-block and inserted this link in the block: https://i.imgur.com/GSunm2K.png

This is the result when you click 'Embed':
    qcq1rwx.24.09.png
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    I have a slightly different method of putting pictures in mine which may still work but I've gotta test it.
    Give me some time since I may or may not have just woken up lol but after I check it out and it works I'll post my method here.
    And if it doesn't work... Then I don't know what I'm going to do with my WordPress either. Oh well (not like I have the time for writing updates for my stories right now anyway :( )
    edited August 2020
    @Skeilah omg you're amazing thank you! I will have to check if I can get that to work myself but since it's working for you I figure it should work for me (unless I mess up somewhere lol). Thank you, you have saved me a lot of time!

@afai1261 maybe I have been doing it the 'wrong' way all along then :D they've changed the wordpress editor to some weird 'block' editor which no doubt is oh so much better but I find it confusing and needlessly complicated. Anyway that may or may not have also affected how you add pictures I don't know (but I hope your method still works so you don't have any trouble :) )
    @MaggieMarley I just tested the method that Skeilah posted and can confirm it works for me. My old method still works on the old editor but not the new one. Gah it is needlessly complicated and stupid and I hate the idea of having to continuously click block for all of the tons of photos I have for my updates...
    I can still use the old editor on my other laptop, not the one I play TS4 on... so idk
    @afai1261 wait wait... How did you get the old editor? I WANT IT BACK!!! :D glad I am not the only one who hates the new editor.

Good to know that the method Skeilah shared works. Now I will actually be able to write chapters! Still, looks like it will take longer than the method I used to use (not bashing Skeilah's method at all, I'm just annoyed with wordpress for adding more steps to the process).
    I hope you find a way to get the old editor back ^^ I dont find this block-editor complicated at all but that’s because Weebly (what I use) also has a block-editor^^ I do agree with this having too much steps 😂😂😂
    edited August 2020
    @MaggieMarley
    I made this little tutorial for you, but I see that Skeilah got ahead of me.
    You still get the link because the pictures have already been taken.: Image in WordPress
    I start directly on a blank page, press + and select the img symbol.
    Good luck with everything <3
    edited August 2020
    @afai1261 wait wait... How did you get the old editor? I WANT IT BACK!!! :D glad I am not the only one who hates the new editor

@MaggieMarley
    if you click the three dots next to the 'publish' 'preview' etc buttons, you can switch to the classic editor:
    0Ap753M.png

I did it but since I added the picture with the block thing, I need to change the formatting but for now you can still use the old editor (and it does work on both of my laptops, I'm just blind lol)

edit:
    still works (I add my images with HTML code)
    9MBtQgv.png
    IURg1UQ.png
    edited August 2020
    Ugh I am so dumb ok I tried to embed an image in the way you showed me @Skeilah but when I put an image link in the box it says 'sorry, this content could not be embedded'. I have tried the 'share link', the 'html embed' link, the 'BBCode' link, the 'markdown' link (those are all the links that imgur offers you when you click 'get share links' on an image) and no luck. None of those links end in .png like the link you used does though. Where did you get the link that you used from? I am so confused :(

ETA: I've figured it out now. The link I need is the 'direct link' but I can't get the direct link by going into an album and then clicking on an image. In order to see the direct link I need to go to my images, then click on a picture and the direct link will be there. But yeah anyways I am able to embed pictures using the direct link :)

and @afai1261 I can't seem to get the old editor back :'(
    edited August 2020
    @MaggieMarley
    okay so in the block editor:
    hit that embed imgur thing like Skeilah said

Get the bb code as normal
    mYKkFnY.png

then put it in the URL thing
    WFoEINM.png

delete the img tags
    lOXxZDG.png

then that should work
    3QS3XDA.png

and @afai1261 I can't seem to get the old editor back :'(

It's a pain to scroll down that options bar after clicking on the three dots to find it so I could find it easily on one laptop not the other