Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    There was a bachelor on tv a few years ago that eliminated a girl he kissed the night before and she slapped him :D Sounds mean but that was awesome ^^
    Is it weird I'm kinda proud I gave Caly the erratic trait? :D

I did not know that Vlad had relatives :o And I would have never thought it's the Climate guy :o

Turner didn't put a stake in Keoni. Or more like he missed the heart :p His arm is in the middle of the chest and not even close to the heart. Sorry Candy ^^

It only hit me now but when a man wins the ashes of what used to be Vlad's heart, who will carry out the babies?

That's a very attractive pot plant :joy:

Jesus! Candy :D;)

Love the chapter and can't wait to see who is Arthur's favorite.

For the options you mentioned:

- the first one would be mean :sweat_smile:
    - I like the second idea even if it sounds a bit useless. But you never know ^^
    - I like the third idea, too ^^

Always there to help :joy: NOT :D
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    This section was so much fun :joy::joy:
    It's amazing how you can describe the very different personalities ....
    Candy's "blood thirst" and eagerness to win :lol:<3
    Caly.... totally crazy :joy:<3
    Turner and Keoni have to compete for who is most naive :innocent::lol:

NB: Keoni looks far from "good" when he uses his muscular powers ..... Those eyes :grimace:
    Regarding the elimination, I think of the third option
    It's getting very exciting now :scream:
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Queenarella
    No not weird at all! I'm glad you did, I haven't really played with an erratic sim properly before and it'svery entertaining.

No there isn't much of a family resemblance lol.

Yeah I totally missed that the arm when in the wrong side of the chest haha. Lucky escape!

I've been thinking about this. If I'm feeling kind I might make Vlad's hubby carry the baby... On the other hand it'd be funny to see Vlad complaining about being pregnant!

I actually ended up just having Vlad take Arthur's favourite for a date anyway because I realised it didn't matter if it was officially the next day. It was 1:15am when the date began so the rose ceremony didn't start until after 4am but it seemed fairest.

@MonaSolstraale
    haha thank you. I'm just trying to go with their bios.

Candy is a funny one, somehow the competitive edge if her character just took form in the game.

Both Keoni and Turner are so sweet. I love them. I think Keoni is probably the more 'pure'of the twi though since Turner is guilty of fraud and identity theft!

I LOVE Keoni's eyes. He does look a bit scary (in a good way!) when he uses the punching bag haha.
    I sorted out the problem anyway. Decided to just take Arthur's favourite for a solo date despite the fact it was past 1am by that point. The rose ceremony just had to be delayed until after 4am.
    Erratic sims are underrated imo. They are so fun to watch :D

I would totally go for Vlad carrying the baby :joy: Just to torture him lol

With Vlad a vampire and no sun-resitance it's better to have dates at night anyway. Better not burn his butt lol
    edited May 2020
    About today's section....
    It sounded like something of a project :)
    The picture of Vlad showing up to one of the bears made me laugh out loud :lol:
    Thank you for your very entertaining descriptions of Keoni <3
    I had the feeling that Keoni wasn't quite into the idea, so it surprises me that he got so mad
    But I can reveal that another one is happy now :smiley:
    8L08Dpll.png
    I’m really excited about who wins Vlad’s heart in the end
    Post edited by MonaSolstraale on
    The idea is cool but really hard to do. That's why I stopped using it in my challenge. Way too hard :D

That yawn move is a bit over the top but still we use it all the time :D

Oh gosh, is there anything worse than pickup lines? :# Ok, there's one that would impress me but I can't write it here on the forum because it's a bit naughty :joy: I PM it to you and hope it won't be censored ^^

Did you know all these bad pickup lines or did you google them? :p

Vlad dancing is kinda... disturbing :D

Congrats Turner! :)

Oh wow, only 4 left and soon only 3. The rose ceremony looks so empty :#

Go, Caly! Final 3 :love: I try reeeeeally hard not to get my hopes up that she wins lol It would still be cool tho

Keoni looks dangerous when he's in a bad mood o.O Maybe Vlad is jealous he doesn't look this dangerous? ^^ It's sad to see Keoni go...

Great timing, Vlad :joy:

Wait, the next chapter will be the cool challenge you mentioned? Can't wait to see it! And steal it :p

Love the chapter like always ^^
    edited May 2020
    @MonaSolstraale
    The bear activity was fun to play!

I was so sad to see Keoni go. It sounds strange but at this point I've grown attached to him :( thank you for letting me play with him! I can't wait to see how his life progresses thanks to MCCC. Thankfully, since he's a vampire, I will hopefully be seeing him around in community lots and places for a long time to come.

Awww Keoni's mum <3

@Queenarella
    I don't think I'll be doing it again. Too complicated!

You already know I think the pickup line you PM'd me is hilarious. Wish I'd known that one, I'd have used it in the chapter if I had!

I googled 'pickup lines' :D

Caly did really well to get to the final 3! I love all of them for different reasons so whoever wins I'll be happy.

I really didn't want Keoni to leave. Ah it only gets harder to kick them out as time goes on and I get attached to all the contestants...

Yes the next challenge is the super cool one. I have almost finished writing the chapter but I have to do some things so I probably won't post it until this evening.

For everyone: I'll try to post the next chapter this evening! It took me longer to play/write this one because... Well, you'll see :p
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hey hey! I know I've been super silent lately. Been busy moving, but I have read the chapters and they are all great. I almost feel bad for Vlad getting pushed into all this, but at the same time... Naaah.

It's a mixture of relief and sad for the Sims that have been sent home. It's like: You really dodged a bullet. Good job.
    Bunny will find her Tuxedo Mask and it totally wasn't gonna be Vlad, so it's cool. Haha. Thanks for letting me submit her!
    @TheYayToast don't worry about it! And don't feel like you have to comment :) it's amazing to get comments but I know life can get in the way! I'm glad to hear that you've been reading and enjoying it. I hope that your move has gone alright, must be especially stressful to move right now so you have my full sympathy!

Haha you're right - those who have been sent home have definitely had one hell of a lucky escape. It was still sad to see them go for me, though.
    Bunny is an awesome sim, I'm so glad that I got to play with her! I am eagerly waiting to see what MCCC does with her. Last time I checked she was still unmarried but I'm sure she'll find someone soon - someone much more deserving of her than Vlad!
    Caly!!! She's so crazy :open_mouth::lol:
    Maybe it really Atlas who watches over her .... luck follows for the simple-minded :joy:
    Poor Roger. He got off to a bad start :/
    Candy didn't have much luck either, but thank goodness it didn't seem to offend her. She is indomitable to the last :grin:
    I'm sure nothing's settled yet… ;)

ps: I often get attached to my sims when I have been playing with them for many hours. Maybe I'm crazy when I almost feel they get their own independent personality :flushed::joy:
    @MonaSolstraale
    She is :D
    Haha maybe! Otherwise she got very very lucky... I kept thinking the next trap would take her down but nope!

The other two may not have been so fortunate but at least it was funny for me to see them failing at the traps (sorry guys!) They will definitely deserve their group date. Also I've never caught the moment that a sim was shot by a poison dart in a screenshot before.

That's exactly it! At this point in the competition I've been playing all the contestants for a while and the fact that I've been writing dialogue for them in character etc makes me feel like they have their own personalities so I get attached!
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I love Caly so much!
    Ooh, 2 days at once!
    Selvadorada is the prettiest world that we have in the game!

The challenge is so cool! Awesome idea that you came up with :o

It looks so risky to do this challenge. What if a sim dies of poison? :sweat_smile: Adds more suspense but sill scary lol

Candy complaining is too awesome :joy:

What is it with Caly and taking a shower in the rain? :joy:

The blessing makes Caly look like what she thinks she is: a goddess lol

The first time I saw a skeleton walking around in a temple it freaked me out. Luckily they're not harmful.

100% success rate :o Wow! Maybe Atlas did help Caly! :D I'm so happy my girl won the challenge! I try real hard not to get my hopes up that she wins Vlad's heart in the end ^^

Venkat is soooo handsome! :love: Looks like Roland has dominant genes. What a pity for your legacy...

The challenge is really cool! It looks like a lot of work tho.
  • Zora1327Zora1327 Posts: 89 Member
    Lol, sorry, but I was very busy for the past week (sometimes I think I'm busier than grown-ups are), but I'm back I guess? (I'm an off & on person, lol)
    Wow, so many days have passed... it feels like such a long time since I've seen this. :p I wonder if Caly is the real Calypso (maybe that's why she never failed)? (The one who had to be stuck on an island and fall in love with whichever guy who comes to the island in Greek mythology? XD) And I like Jungle Adventure, lol, the reason why it was my first GP choice, for some reason it never gets boring for me and my sims.
    Well, I guess it's down to the last three contestants... :pensive: I'm sad if any contestant has to leave, to be honest (even if it has to be because, well, it's the challenge rules) because they all seem to have personalities of their own. :)
    @lilypadmeulin a lot of people seem to haha. She's a great sim! The others are too though :)

@Queenarella
    It's got to be between Selvadorada and Sulani for prettiest world - they are so beautiful.

Haha thank you! Do you think you'll use it? It'd be so cool to see you do it, I think you'd write it better than me. But I get it if you want to do more 'realistic' challenges :)

It's actually not so dangerous. I don't think the traps can do anything which would kill them then and there (the worst that can happen is that they can catch fire but if your sim remembers to carry a waterfall in a bottle or one of those portable fire extinguisher things that you can buy at the market then they will put themself out just fine). You have several days to get the antidote for the poison in before your sim dies (I think 3?) and you can buy it off the computer.

afai says it's the erratic trait which is responsible for all the showering in the rain. It's so funny!

She did amazing! We shall see who wins but whatever happens she did well to get this far :)

Haha yes that is too true. Oh well maybe one of afai's sims will win a future gen so there is still hope!

It was a lot of fun to play. Took some effort but I'd totally do it again!

@Zora1327 Oh no worries! Don't feel like you have to read/comment when I post. Feel free to dip in and out as you like :) I'm just flattered that you want to read at all!
    Maybe she is... It would explain how she managed to do so well and could be why she seems to like Vlad (first guy she's seen?)

I love JA so much too. It's my second favourite GP after vampires.

I'm sad to kick them out too :( I've played day 11 now so there was another elimination and we're down to just two contestants and man sending that last contestant home was tough.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I just love the Caly content.
    Oh!
    I will miss Candy and her never failing confidence B) ....
    It may cost too much, that she always keeps a tough facade?..... I am somewhat concerned about her addiction to "juice" :lol:
    I hope she will realize her own luck soon <3

This is exciting!! :) .....
    Now Turner and Caly are the last
    I think it can still go both ways, because Vlad has shown a soft spot for Turner .... but dare he defy Atlas's revenge :rage::lol:
    edited May 2020
    @lilypadmeulin Caly does make for some funny content. It's all due to Queenarella's genius in writing her bio though :)

@MonaSolstraale
    Me too, Candy always made for funny moments lol.

Maybe juice was her coping mechanism? We'll never know now!

Hmm is it bad that I kind of want to hook up Candy with Keoni now?

Haha that's true. I wonder what 'Atlas' will say if Caly loses...

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I bet Candy would love Keoni! That “good” vampire vibe (might help her evil tendencies!)

And they’d be a cute couple! 😉
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I'm not sure yet if I will do the challenge in my game. It looks like a lot of work :D:D
    Don't worry, a lot of sims seem to have a drinking problem :D

Why on earth is Vlad's favorite drink a pet drink? :joy:

Marcus giving you a side-eye tho lol

Oh no... Poor Turner... And Candy even rejected it! Good thing you reset it.

Sometimes, the actions of our sims don't make sense at all. Why Candy, why did you reject Vl... nevermind, I can see why :D

Haha, the bear costume :D I never remove them, either ^^ But I usually chooe it for a party outfit :)

Favorite sims? I've never had that moodlet... But that's a good sign, isn't it?

"Your eyes are pretty or something" :joy:

Caly looks kinda naked in her mermaid form... :D

A drink in the bathtub is goals lol

Congrats to Turner! And yay for Caly! I will miss Candy tho... She's such a fun sim!

Rabbit :D:D It'll be weird at the beginning to see Vlad live somewhere else but in his mansion!

Enjoyed this chapter like I enjoy all your stories :)