Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Painting with a creative sim is even better. Their fun doesn't drop :)

Nah just do you :) I would let him out in the sun tho >:)

No rush! I'm glad you like the house so much :) Imo it's one of my best builds and I'm proud of the outcome ^^ *brag brag*

I can't find the exact number how much a perfect dragonfruit sells for but it was somewhere around 950. So 950 x 80 (as there are 2 fruits a bush) = 76,000 :o

I always call it silver on young sims. Vlad is a young adult but I don't see him as young. Look at his wrinkles lol

But birds are mainly in Brindelton Bay and that's so far away from Willow Creek :D:D

No kidding, she does belong in an asylum lol

Maybe Luna wouldn't mind if Vlad had more money? :p She seems like one of that kind... I'm rude, sorry :D

New chapter:
    5 stars :o Congrats! Almost done with the aspiration :) And done! YAY B)

Master Actress sounds perfect for Caly. I bet you'll get it done ASAP.

Poor Morgan :joy:

Majestic hawk nose :joy:

Oh no! Poor Atlas! Shocked for life... At least they wear clothes coming out of the bush.

Why does Turner call Vlad his ex? Is he secretly erratic, too? ^^

The Party Animal aspiration is actually easy peasy :) I hated it before, too, but after trying it with Tempy it's not that bad :)

Scylla looks pretty from the front :o Give her glasses if the eyes are too weird for you. But you're used to them anyway ^^

The profile isn't thaaaat bad. There were worse flat faces in your 100 baby challenge. :p

I wonder if you'll complete the microscope print collection before I do :D I still need to common prints but they just don't come along... Oh, you need some microscope prints from crystals, fossils and plants to get some prints :)

Otuside of CAS, Scylla's side face doesn't look as bad as in CAS :)

How does Circe pee wearing the bear costume? Is there... *cough* a hole? :joy:
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Queenarella
    that's one really helpful thing about creative sims! Since Caly has the creative trait and Vlad doesn'tshe should have been the painter really... But since vampires don't need to sleep vampire painters can make more money so I always make my vampires painters! Vlad has the vampire power which stops his fun need dropping now so his fun need doesn'tdrop when he paints anyway :) and I love the acting career so much I had to put Caly in it, I feel like she is a born movie star!

I guess I'll see how fed up I am with him when Caly dies. She is still not even an adult though so there is lots of time left for them both :)

You should be proud! I love it so so much <3 I have played ahead and they've moved in now - yay! The chapters will be much more aesthetically pleasing with the new house!

Wow that's a lot! In my game perfect dragon fruit seem to sell for 695 simoleons each so a bit less but still loads of money.

Haha silver sounds much nicer than grey!

Nah I get those vibes from Luna too but I guess her family is meant to be pretty rich anyway so maybe she doesn't need a rich husband?
    Thank you! Yeah she should get master actress done pretty quick because she has already done a lot of what she needs to do for the aspiration.

After she does master actress I will make her do friend of the world because she has the 'instant besties' celebrity perk which means she will be able to make the friends she needs for the aspiration instantly. And she has almost maxed the charisma skill too which is the other thing you need to do for that aspiration.

Luckily Atlas was clueless lol

I had Turner call Vlad his ex because they were romantic interests before the bachelor part of the challenge ended. But I guess technically they weren't in a proper relationship since Vlad wasn't his boyfriend.

For some reason I just can't be bothered to do all the social events right now (some reason reason = I am lazy) haha but if she wins the heir poll I will do it :)

Scylla is good looking for a Vlad child! I don't mind the eyes, skin or hair... It's the flat face and chin which are unfortunate but she's mostly got Caly's genetics so that's good.

Nah I don't think I will. Scylla has been using the microscope a lot but we still only have 2 prints :(

Oh really? I thought it looked better in CAS than in live mode lol

I guess it's the same magic which allows sims to pee/poo through ordinary trousers and such haha
    There's so much I still don't know about vampires :o

Not an adult? Wow, 4 pregnancies stopped her from aging a lot lol

Your shoebox was nice to look at, too :p

Oh I mixed up the digits :# Still, A LOT :D

As someone who already gets grey hair (on rather dark brown hair -.- ) I prefer the word silver :D

I think your family would also get Fabulously Wealthy done within the blink of an eye! Friends of the World is a great idea. It can take soooo long to complete it without any perks, traits or whatever ^^

Hm, I like this logic tho. Makes a lot of things easier to name :D

Social events are boring. I deleted them all after I got all the points for this section.

It would be weird if the kids didn't get any genetics from their dad anyway. :) And you're used to Vlad's face.

The microscopes take some time, same for space prints :sweat_smile: But eventually, you'll get them all.

New chapter:
    Hunting trip sounds kinda brutal :o:D

Just imagine someone like Vlad in his dark form suddenly appears next to you in your home o.O

Maybe the hydration thing will change to hygiene soon? As long as it's just the name it shouldn't be a problem tho. Why do I have the pic of one of Vlad's mermaid kids in mind? The one in the bathtub with a glitched "tail"? :D Nightmare fuel.

That's how you get magic beans :o I didn't know this lol Gonna steal this from you :p

I've never seen the death flower seed! Epic look!

That's ... a lot of drool :|

A vampire can drink from a scarecrow :o Kinda cool, kinda weird!
    @Queenarella
    Yeah vampires are handy for all sorts of things. Maybe that's why I enjoy playing them so much, it makes the game easier and I am lazy!

Yup! It's so weird. I can't remember how many days she has until adulthood but I think she will be an adult before Scylla becomes a YA. If she and her daughter were both YAs it'd be... Odd. I'm happy to have her around for as long as possible though!

Haha thank you :)

Yeah I think I prefer silver too. Don't have any 'silver' hair myself yet but it's only a matter of time :D

All the dragon fruit plants would help a lot with fabulously wealthy for sure. Yep I'm going to take this opportunity to complete friend of the world in about two seconds flat. Without the celebrity perk it seems like it'd take a while.

Yeah I agree. That's why I don't have 7 day long seasons too... I hate having the constant events. Hopefully I still manage to do that bit of the scoring.

It's true, I am! Honestly, after all the Vlad spawn I have seen, Vlad doesn't even look weird to me anymore.

Maybe I'll keep Vlad around after Caly dies just so he can work on the collections haha.
    Vlad is kinda brutal :p

I would scream :D

Yeah in my 100 baby Vlad had a vampire-mermaid hybrid kid and when he was a teen, in the bathtub his legs went all weird kinda like a tail. Actually, I noticed that the same thing happens to Scylla even though she is only a vampire now. Very strange.]

Feel free to use this! It's an easy way to complete a collection, just a bit expensive :)

Yep the death flowers are pretty cool looking up close.

I guess it's because Patchy is basically a normal sim. I was surprised vampires can drink from him, though, since I know they can't drink from ghosts of Grim.
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,374 Member
    Dear crazy Caly :joy:
    Clothes inhibit the mind!!?
    I'm glad it wasn't a phrase I heard on my painting course last week. It could be a pretty sight :lol:

Caly's portrait of Atlas contains a lot of full creative freedom :joy:
    It must be a masterpiece o:)
    Vlad struggles to think unsexy thoughts....
    They are a matchless couple <3

The kids are also pretty unique
    But one could hope that Circe had become only half as unique as her father :/

Scylla was struck by lightning .... Poor girl! ....but the picture is fantastic B)
    Maybe two vampires in the same family are enough :#

I have plenty to do with keeping Keoni's son out of trouble and away from the sun
    I promised you a picture
    As you can see, he did not inherit his father's good looks
    He is somewhat overweight and very gloomy
    f0FP5FBl.png

Here he just assaulted his grandmother ... which is not a nice thing to do :s
    8G8y4J9l.png
    Silver hair are a matter of time and genetics lol My dad in his 50s gets his first silver hair now while I get them in my 20s -.-

It takes some time to get used to "ugly" but then you don't see it anymore.

That is so creepy :D I almost asked if the hybrid was Kevin but his mother is Elle and she's a vampire.

Expensive doesn't work for me anymore. My legacy has 2M + B)

Does Patchy use up a household slot?

New chapter:
    Why do sims get whims for a baby at the worst times possible? :D

"You're not ugly at all. You take after me." Best joke Vlad ever pulled :joy:

If you went into CAS and changed Vlad to a female sim, he'd look like Scylla :joy: Poor girl... Nice hair tho. Well, her merform is better. She only has Vlad's mouth, eyebrows and eyes. That's something :D

The Atlas senior painting :joy: I laughed so hard I'm still crying :joy:

Plasma packs are rather expensive and don't fill the thirst bar that well...
    @MonaSolstraale
    Haha painting whilst naked is kind of like reverse life painting :D

Unfortunately not a masterpiece technically but I thought it would be such a funny idea to paint her invisible father!

Aww they really are. I think they are one of my favourite couples, probably because they are such an unlikely pair :)

Poor Circe really did not do well in the genetic lottery. There isn't much Caly in her at all!

I was so shocked that she was actually struck since I have only ever had an active sim struck by lightning once before but then in the next chapter there is some more lightning action so maybe they upped the odds of being hit by lightning.

Epimetheus is a vampire-mermaid hybrid but when he is a teen I will make him a vampire only, so there will be three vampires in Vlad's family shortly. Hopefully I can keep them all safely out of the sun...

I think Keoni and Cassandra's son is handsome actually! He inherited a lot of Cassandra's facial features rather than Keoni's but she is good looking too :) and of course he has Keoni's lovely eyes <3

@Queenarella
    Silver hair isn't a big deal, there's always hair dye for that :) I'm in my 20s too but I wouldn't be surprised if I start getting silver hair as well. I'm lazy and care way too little about my appearance though so I probably won't dye my hair if that happens haha

Nah it wasn't kevin. I can't remember his name right now!

Yeah you have more than enough money to buy lots of seed packets :)

Nope Patchy is like a butler, he doesn't take up a household slot. Good thing too since he never seems to actually garden haha
    In Vlad's case, because he hates me!

It's nice for Circe that at least one person doesn't think she is ugly I guess :)

you are actually right though... I did out of interest change Vlad into a girl in CAS and he looked so much like Circe!

Haha I'm glad you thought it was funny too. I couldn't resist having a portrait of 'Atlas' to go with the ones of Vlad and Caly.

Yeah plasma packs are kinda useless. They do stop your sim getting a terrible reputation though I guess.
    Zeus is on a quest for revenge .... :joy:
    ... of course Caly has a plausible explanation for the many lightning strikes
    You're really lucky to capture them on photo ... I think it's really hard to hit the c button at the right time

Caly won an award for her most recent performance ... I love your description of a woman who never doubts her own invincibility .... she is gorgeous <3

Scylla is on an eternal hunt for blood ... poor Circe who has both inherited the unfortunate appearance and now also has to act as a blood bank for her bloodthirsty sister :#
    It's good that Vlad's defending his favorite child.
    I have also experienced how Keoni's son is affected by unstoppable blood thirst when he returns home furiously from school ....
    it's just a matter of time before Cassandra's neck becomes the next target
    Thank you for your kind words ... you're right he inherited his look from Cassandra

Caly takes it all in with her usual worldly distance ...." You teenagers do the strangest things" :joy:
    (But of course I must not forget that she is an a nymph)
    edited July 2020
    Good thing is I have an appointment at the hairdresser on Thursday B)

I still know it was a boy, he had Vlad's skin color and hair color. Narrows it down a lot. Not :D Ok, now I'm curious. I check out your kids list and then see if I can name him. It can only be Grady (40). Only merman on the list I could find ^^

My butler gardens more than your Patchy :joy:

That's the best portrait I've ever seen :p

Same for plasma fruits tho... Is drinking from a sim better?

New chapter:
    Just imagine Circe fully pumped up like Hulk. And then her face :joy:

LOVE the Zeus reference! So so cool! :love:

I don't care about the bbqued paparazzi, look at that fashion disaster right next to him! o.O

Yay for the award! And yep, it was the commercial :joy:

Zeus is mad at the paparazzis because he's envious of the attention ^^
    edited July 2020
    @MonaSolstraale
    I had to pause really quickly when I saw a lightning strike happen. I still didn't manage to capture the exact moment that the lightning hit, just the moment straight after when the electricity is still buzzing on the sim. And I didn't manage to screenshot the paparazzi actually being hit by lightning either, just the 'burnt' aftereffects :disappointed:

She is gorgeous... And she knows it ;)

I feel like Circe should have been born a vampire since she inherited so much from Vlad looks wise haha.

It shouldn't be funny but I had to laugh at the image of Keoni's son coming home from school and draining his mother lol. The perils of having a vampire son!

@Queenarella
    That reminds me, I'm not sure if hairdressers are open again here. I hope you have a nice hair appointment :)

Just checked and the vampire-mermaid hybrid was Shane (#39), the twin of Grady.

I don't think I have seen Patchy garden at all so far lol

Oh yeah plasma fruit barely fills thirst at all, it is so annoying! Drinking from a sim is definitely the best option so far as filling thirst is concerned plus you gain vampire XP which you can use to buy perks
    Circe has 100% muscle now and it's so funny :D I will have to get a good screenshot of her in her bikini. So glad she got this aspiration now haha

I impressed myself with the Zeus reference lol

I think that was Anaya Jang :D dressed in every accessory under the sun...

Of all her performances she got the award for the soap commercial!

Yeah everyone nowadays cares more about celebrities than ancient Greek gods. Poor Zeus!
    They're not? :o Wow, poor you lol Well, it's worse for men :joy:

Really? But I thought it was someone with grey hair? Well, I'm probably wrong lol It's been some time since this happened ^^

You already completed Circe's aspiration? :o That was fast lol

New chapter:
    So cool to see the house in your story ^^

No, dirt clumps :'( That is a horrible bug -.-

Fan meet and greets can be hilarious! Love to see some old faces :)

Fans asking for selfies was the hardest part of the celebrity aspiration imo. It took soooo long.

Galatea looks amazing :o Only the eyes, hair and skin colour are from Vlad! I hope she wins the poll :p

Maybe I'm weird but Galatea still looks beautful in her mermaid form. She might have the high arched eyebrows and the nose but it kinda looks nice with the rest :)
  • waterproofcowplantwaterproofcowplant Posts: 20 Member
    I can't wait to sit and binge read this. I was hooked as soon as I saw Vlad was the bachelor :D
  • TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    I can't wait to sit and binge read this. I was hooked as soon as I saw Vlad was the bachelor :D

@cherrysmilesims You won't be disappointed. It's hilarious.
    @Queenarella
    I just checked and the hairdresses are open now. My bad! I guess that just shows that I don't go to the hairdressers often lol

Yep it was Shane. Shane has red hair in his normal form but grey hair in his mer form so you were right, it was someone with grey hair :)

Nah I didn't complete Circe's aspiration yet! She has maxed out the muscle slider but she hasn't completed the aspiration yet. She still hasn't maxed the fitness skill, she is on level 6.
    So cool to have your house in my story! I still can't thank you enough, I love it <3

I know and they didn't even fix this bug in the last patch :(

Yeah it's 100% the worst part. At least Vlad can stay up all night waiting for fans to ask for selfies since he is a vampire though.

Galatea really lucked out. She and Circe are opposite ends of the spectrum :D

I'll have the poll up soon ;)

I agree actually, despite the nose and brows she is still pretty as a mermaid. And it's fun that she has a second form which more closely resembles her father.

@cherrysmilesims Vlad did make a funny bachelor :D I hope you enjoy if you decide to read!

@TheYayToast aww thank you so much, you are way too kind <3
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    So many children! (And three got hit by the Vlad stick!) 😝
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited July 2020
    I do not understand that I have overlooked the previous chapter ... and then Keoni even appears in it :dizzy:
    I realized that there was a gap in my knowledge when I read the last chapter
    Congratulations on the new house. @Queenarella has done a fantastic job ... although Vlad does not appreciate it. Shame on you, Vlad :angry:

I'm going on a trip now so I'll give some more comments later .... but chapter 1.19 was summed up really entertaining :heart::joy:
    I only go like 3-4 times a year, too :D

Thank you :) I'm happy you like the house so much :) And I really enjoyed building it!

Blue got the "don't touch me" quirk from waiting to be asked for a selfie :D

Galatea stored all the nice genes :p

New chapter:
    I love Galatea's dress! I would wear this in real life if I wouldn't look hideous in dresses :joy:

Why the long face :joy:

Is hilorable really a word? :o

Vlad inciting cheers looks even worse than it does with other sims :#

Dana is super handsome :o The Bheedas sometimes have pretty kids, sometimes weird looking ones.

Wait a second, Caly is still a young adult, isn't she? Have I asked this in the last chapter, too? I kinda have a deja-vu :joy:

Atlas' bear phase looks pretty long :D I hope he'll grow out of it soon. The eyes of this costume are sooo creepy!

Bah the cat drool is super disgusting! Loki drank from one of the drool puddles Freya left in the kitchen *gag*

Atlas is lucky, too. Only the chin/mouth is a bit off. DUH! How handsome :love: Atlas as a merman! And the freckles! <3

Epi is less lucky. It's weird as it's only the nose (and chin) but the nose is so... "unique" that it's hard to say Epi got as lucky as his twin lol Where did the pink eyes come from?

YAY POLL :love:
    @pammiechick I think 5 kids was too much :D next gen I only want two or at most 3 kids. To be honest I was just surprised that not all of the kids were super ugly!

@MonaSolstraale I think I posted the last two chapters quite close together so that may be why you missed chapter 1.19 - my fault :) yep Queenarella's house is absolutely amazing and I am so grateful to have it! Vlad doesn't like anything ;) have a lovely trip <3

@Queenarella
    I go less often than that haha. It may or may not have been years since I last went to the hairdressers... Yes my hair is getting way too long and it probably has loads of split ends. But I am one of those people who care way too little about how I look - I guess in the sims I'd be a slob.

Of course I love it, it's so beautiful!

That is an annoying quirk. Thankfully Vlad and Caly haven't got that one yet.

She did! But unfortunately Circe didn't steal all of the ugly genes...
    Good, I will keep that dress as her hot weather outfit then. Also I bet you don't look hideous in dresses!

No I made up the word hilorable :D

Everything looks worse when done by Vlad haha.

He really is! The Bheedas had a stunning daughter in one of my other saves.

Caly's adult birthday will be in the next chapter! I think you asked before, but not last chapter :)

I love how cats do disgusting things in the game, it is so realistic!

Yup I think Atlas turned out great! It's a shame he didn't do better in the poll though :(

Yeah when a kid gets Vlad's nose it kinda ruins their whole look even if the rest of their face is fine!

I added the pink eyes in Epi's dark form. When I got rid of their mermaid lifestate (because they were vampire-mermaid hybrids) both Scylla and Epi lost their second form and I had to add a dark form. So their face in their dark form is basically the same as in their normal form except for slight changes I made like adding vampire eyes/a crack on the cheek etc.