Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why must ALL the worlds be the same?!?!

RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
edited April 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So Maxis does this whole 'favourites' thing on the gallery, but nothing actually happens to the lots the pick. At the same time, all of the new worlds you create are exactly the same. Some people go replace the whole world with things from the gallery or their own builds, but that's a lot of work, right?

MY IDEA: I think, when creating a new world, there should be an extra step. This extra step would be to choose either the default world (you know, like with the Landgrabs and stuff), or you could choose 'random world'. A random world would have a random selection of Maxis favourites filling it up, with a few empty lots leftover. The favourites could be from years ago, but by making them Maxis favourites, it ensures that the build or people are actually decent. There could be a ratio for empty lots, like, 'one in twelve lots in every save should be empty'. There could be similar things to program the placement of community lots, like, 'one in every ten lots must be a community lot' and 'there must be at least two gyms in eveyr save'.

What do you think of this idea, do you want more diverse saves? Comment below!

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    It reminds me of Spore, where random aliens/creatures from the gallery would appear in your game. It would be a cool idea, but the game is lacking the "ban something" feature we had in Spore, you could totally ban a creature you didn't like for some reason.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Maxis faves are beautiful but I find a lot of them unplayable due to cc and moo. I prefer something simple and immediately playable and in my UK style. Having made over 100 lots and households myself I would rather I got a choice of theirs or mine! The fact that empty house lots are filled up with households from the Gallery is what annoys me most. I'd rather my own households were put in that choice of families in the game. As it is I have to open the 'create sim' feature and replace with one of my own families every time.

This is one of those things that annoy me as I have five year's worth of ready lots and households that I want to place in a new game.