Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Behind the scenes of Knitting pack (Plopsy sounds cool!)

2...Next

Comments

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited April 2020
    This pack is sounding lovelier all the time <3 I really like the idea of Plopsy. I think it's great to have another way to sell the items the sims craft; particularly as it's including woodwork and paintings. A very lovely touch and a great way for the sims to have access to knitted items without making them themselves. Sounds brilliant, if you ask me!
    Looking forward to this pack very much <3
    Post edited by MissyHissy on
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Plopsy :D<3
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    Now if only they would add online dating back...
  • menysanasmenysanas Posts: 22 Member
    Wow! I really like this idea! It sounds very good! I think I am going to like Plopsy a lot! ;)
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Plopsy sounds like its going to be the only interesting part of this pack for me. Wonder what else besides knits, paintings and woodworks will be added alongside? Just the idea makes me want to have a spellcaster with an online potion shop.
  • Rasia SilverRasia Silver Posts: 101 Member
    I like the idea of Plopsy but will we all so be able to sell our knitted clothes on the mannequins from Get To Work as well?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited April 2020
    Loving the features so far. However, the fact that some outfits will be locked until knitted will be little annoying to me. If you'd add a cheat to unlock them mometarily (so I can create sims with these items to start them off or putting knitted items on sims after age up), I'd be happy with that.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Loving the features so far. However, the fact that some outfits will be locked until knitted will be little annoying to me. If you'd add a cheat to unlock them mometarily (so I can create sims with these items to start them off or putting knitted items on sims after age up), I'd be happy with that.

Maybe the career outfit unlock cheat will work for that?
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    The reminisce interaction sounds cute

I'm not sure how to feel about the unlockable clothes in CAS. I'm not interested in knitting
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @EgonVM sounds like you can buy the locked items on Plopsy.

I love the idea of Plopsy, the name... well, I don't mind it. Love the logo for it!
    Plopsy sounds like its going to be the only interesting part of this pack for me. Wonder what else besides knits, paintings and woodworks will be added alongside? Just the idea makes me want to have a spellcaster with an online potion shop.

Would also be interested in this. Herbalism Concoctions? Flower arrangements? Collectibles like the snow globes and MySims Trophies? Although at what point does it just make a physical retail store redundant?
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited April 2020
    Yes it sounds nice !! I also like that they’ve apparently unlocked one swatch of the knitted clothes and the other ones can be knitted to unlock them.
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    @EgonVM sounds like you can buy the locked items on Plopsy.

I love the idea of Plopsy, the name... well, I don't mind it. Love the logo for it!

Well, my main idea was when I create NPC sims to my game. I won't play with them, so I can't go on Plopsy to buy the clothing for them. Plus it seems like it's chance (like consignment stores in The Sims 3), so if I do a set-them-up play to them, most of the time I won't find a clothing piece I want.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    One of these days, Plopsy or not, I wish we could buy some new bedcovers for those beds! :)
  • Lorna08Lorna08 Posts: 98 Member
    I'm a girly girl and I love the color palette. I'm especially excited to have more activities for the elders.
    y7Kh4Ip.png
    Follow me on (S)imstagram @SimmerLorna
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    One of these days, Plopsy or not, I wish we could buy some new bedcovers for those beds! :)

Yeah, I feel the same. I miss being able to choose the frame and bedcovers separately.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 143 Member
    Everything sounds great! I love the "Plopsy" idea, I love rocking chairs and the reminiscing idea, I love having clothing items you can unlock with skill. I'm very excited about this pack and everyone is doing a wonderful job! Thank you! <3<3<3
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    To be truly honest, Plopsy sounds like an amazing idea! I absolutely adore even the thought of it!
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Tbh, I didn't think I'd like this pack, not as much as not liking MFP, but with the addition of an EBay I'm in. B)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Tbh, I didn't think I'd like this pack, not as much as not liking MFP, but with the addition of an EBay I'm in. B)

Same. I am a little annoyed something like an online store is being included in a knitting stuff pack and not in either the obvious gripe of base game or perhaps even Get To Work.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My favourite is the online store. It reminds me of the consignment store in sims 3. I hope sims can sell more stuff though. The amount of different stuff that sims can sell there will be decisive for me as it is the feature that i really want from this pack (i didn't want the pack at all before, this made me finally interested).
    I also like the idea of reminiscing, but im afraid it will be as random as the journal. I wish that this was a sign that a proper memory system would be on the way. Who knows... maybe in the august update...
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I have to say, I really don't see why they needed an all new way to sell stuff. I mean, maybe that could have been something free to tie into the pack, but I really don't think it should be taking up content here. I just hope this "plopsy" stuff isn't at the expense of other content, such as getting knitting for kids. They still haven't addressed that yet and it's making me nervous. I also hope elders get more unique stuff in this pack. The reminisce thing is a nice start, but I'd like to see more for them, such as elders being able to knit more high quality stuff, or just being able to knit more things in general.

Elders often don't knit anymore because of poor eyesight and shaky hands.

that is the truth. there used to be a "stitch-n-b_____c" circle at a yarn shop and it was definitely not full of elders! Mostly women, mostly ages young to middle aged. All this needlework stuff is depicted in what, old cartoons? as an old lady thing, but by the time they really are old ladies, arthritis and eyesight and tremor seem to be factors...of the slim slice of people who ever did it in the first place. But the knitting renaissance in recent years was not made of old people or even all women.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg