July 10 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
July 8 - A patch for The Sims 4 is ready for you to install it! Check the patch notes out here.

the sims 3 shell challenge corner challenge #4 due july 31th

Comments

• seabenseaben Posts: 338 Member
    edited May 23
    Correction 1 house hold 4 shell challenge builds and a house one of my friends asked for help building on Twitter
    Post edited by seaben on
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 47 Member

I have attempted many times to upload my build to the exchange with no success. Even tried to upload an extremly simple build and it still doesn't won't work.

I have followed the instructions below:
    -Click on Edit Town at the bottom left of the screen, and click either Save or Continue.
    -Now, click on the lot you wish to upload, then click on the Share button.
    -Choose whether you want to save just the household, or the household with all items in it.
    -Enter a name and description for your lot.
    -Click on the Check Mark to continue.
    -Your lot will now export to the Launcher.
    -Exit your game.
    -Go to the Launcher.
    -Click on the Uploads tab.
    -Click on the box next to your lot to check mark it.
    -Click on the Upload button.

It says its uploaded to my studio under the upload tabs on the launcher; however, it doesn't appear on my studio in the exchange!

I have tried logging in and out, deleting and re-uploading. Nothing appears to work.

Here is a link to download through google drive if anyone is interested:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15UFH0bJqYdRDnC6yyErM55t_x0JrK3Xj
    That was happening to me a little while ago it might be because of cc in the build or store items that installed as cc although if it's happening with more than one build I don't know what the problem could be sorry @oliv3
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 17,558 Member
    @oliv3
    Try waiting a few hrs to 24 hrs.Sometimes there's a delay.I've had that happen and the next day it was there.
    Also if you used 3rd party content, sometimes the exchange blocks it.
    @oliv3 I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I just scanned your build with custard and you have the arezzo counter stuck to your build plus 3 patterns and 4 other cc items thats probably why it won't upload to the exchange and I just got that counter stuck in my game and it is a pain to get rid of you see it stick's to uploads so even if you didn't use it it will show up in the build so you probably got it from other cc or something from the exchange @ciane knows how to get rid of bad cc better then I do but what I did to get rid of that counter was first uninstall all of my cc then put all my builds in a save file then I cleared out my library file I hope that you can get rid of that counter easier then win I got that counter
    seaben wrote: »
    @oliv3 I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I just scanned your build with custard and you have the arezzo counter stuck to your build plus 3 patterns and 4 other cc items thats probably why it won't upload to the exchange and I just got that counter stuck in my game and it is a pain to get rid of you see it stick's to uploads so even if you didn't use it it will show up in the build so you probably got it from other cc or something from the exchange @ciane knows how to get rid of bad cc better then I do but what I did to get rid of that counter was first uninstall all of my cc then put all my builds in a save file then I cleared out my library file I hope that you can get rid of that counter easier then win I got that counter

Oh great :( I am gonna look into this and go through my files. Rather annoying and sorry for the inconvenience. Also that custard scan sounds interesting. Do you have any insight on how to download that to scan builds?
  • Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,647 Member
    oliv3 wrote: »
    seaben wrote: »

Oh great :( I am gonna look into this and go through my files. Rather annoying and sorry for the inconvenience. Also that custard scan sounds interesting. Do you have any insight on how to download that to scan builds?

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/arezzo-bathroom-counterright.html
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
    @seaben @Kylieb191 THANK YOU BOTH! After a frustrating morning, I have managed to clean and delete a bunch of CC files off my games. I tried to build an okay looking house to see if it would upload to the exchange and it did!! Also realized afterwards the test house I tried to upload yesterday went through... but I deleted the heinous looking thing off my page

https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9392470
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,430 Member
    The trick to cc that installs through the launcher is to find the file. Most people have a lot of stuff installed through the launcher, and it won't all show. You look at dcCache folder and MOVE out all but one to look at just what is in that file. When you find it, you can uninstall it from that file and put the others back in. BUT, you also have to delete the copy of that file in the dcbackup folder. It is safe to delete all the files in the dcbackup folder, except the ccmerged file BUT, if you want to upload something with cc, it needs the dcbackup folder to upload.

BUT, you've solved the problem now. So, yay, you! And, I rec'd both your uploads. They are awesome.
    @oliv3 your build is custard clean and speaking about custard here is the link to download custard http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=390235 so you can check your new builds for cc before you upload them
    This challenge is now CLOSED I plan to upload another shell as soon as possible I just have been busy with the summer fest gift exchange plus I don't know if any of you know this but I live in Minnesota so the rioting/protesting is very concerning 😞
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,540 Member
    @seaben I'm so sorry to hear how close you are to 'ground zero' as it were. I hope you and yours stay safe. It's certainly very concerning for many of us, as the protests and violent response are spreading in many cities.
    @seaben I'm so sorry to hear how close you are to 'ground zero' as it were. I hope you and yours stay safe. It's certainly very concerning for many of us, as the protests and violent response are spreading in many cities.

My town has a lot of protection at the moment but on Friday there was a guy going around crushing cars one street away and are mall got looted I hope that everyone understands why I don't have new shell challenge ready 😞
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,540 Member
    @seaben You aren't expected to proceed as if nothing is wrong when everything is wrong. Take care of yourself, don't worry about a challenge. (hug)
    thank for being understanding but the next shell is ready here's the link for the download and here are pictures 2BOMHfs.jpg0tJPh8w.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 419 Member
    Wow, this looks Great !

@seaben , I hope all is well with you ! Stay Healthy & Stay Safe !

edited June 8
    gUpxQti.jpg
    GelDINE.jpg

The Nantucket - NoCC, contains some EP & store content
    • 4 bedrooms
    • 3 full baths
    • Lofted upstairs with some bunkbeds for sleepovers :)

PICTURES
    Download

** the imgur post is titled as shell challenge 2, but it's really the 3rd challenge. Trying to fix it. blah technology
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,430 Member
    What a gorgeous old house! LOVE the color scheme. Nice layout. Great landscaping. Really nicely done. Kudos to you!
    @oliv3 I love the color palette for your build 😍😍😍
    edited June 9
    @ciane @seaben Thank you guys!! The roof took forever, I was so close of scratching the whole build. Definitely went out of my comfort zone lol

@ciane I love the clean modern look of your build! I've been playing a cool, hip grandma lately, so I may just move her into the house and her grandkids can come over so that pool would be perfect for them :) Also, way to go on just doing base game only!
    Post edited by oliv3 on
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 419 Member
    @ciane Lovely Modern creation ! Wonderful open floor plan !

@oliv3 , Great Country look ! Great roofing !

Oh, I love them both !!

Great Job guys !!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,935 Member
    Wow. It looks as though I've been missing out. This all looks very fun and challenging. I'm amazed with all the variety of all the builds you've all come up with with just a basic foundation. :star:

If I feel up to it, I might throw my hat into the ring.
    Well @60smusicluvr a foundation plus you have to use one out of the 3 objects shown UNLESS it's a community lot I would love to see you try this :)