July 3 - No Friday without a Friday Highlight! Find this week's highlighted discussions here.
June 27 - Let's pick our Best of Simming for June 2020!

the sims 3 shell challenge corner challenge #4 due july 31th

seabenseaben Posts: 310 Member
edited July 1 in The Sims 3 Builders
hi online i'm known as seaben but my real name is chelsea you can call me that if you would like to anyways i've noticed there isn't many shell challenges for the sims 3 but they are really fun so i've decided to start this thread now some questions i may get asked
what is a shell challenge my answer a shell challenge is wear your given a foundation and or exterior walls you can't change and have to build around
can i build this in any world my answer yes you can
how do i enter my answer you post a link to a slide show and download page to your build and it has to have pictures of every
room MAKE SURE YOUR SLIDE SHOW INCLUDES PICTURES OF THE BUILD WITH GRID MODE ON to make sure no changes where made to the existing shell
how do i make a slide show my answer there is more then one image upload site but i use imgur which you can find here https://imgur.com/upload
can i rotate the shell may answer yes you can rotate the shell
can i make a community lot my answer yes but if make a community you don't have to use inspiration objects
can i put this on a bigger lot my answer yes you can
now here is the first shell https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9381191 and here is a picture Us6VRnQ.jpg if that's better for you and if you have any questions feel free to ask
Post edited by seaben on

Comments

• PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 412 Member
    This looks FUN !

Shared the link on all my social media platforms !

Diane Pinkus
  • seabenseaben Posts: 310 Member
    Thank you so much Diane yeah though it would take everyone's mind's off of the quarantine 🤗

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,362 Member
    Nice to see these being done in Sims 3 too :)
    Posted the link on twitter because @Pinkusfamily beat me to our Sims FB group. :wink:

Looking forward to seeing what people do with this.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,403 Member
    So glad to see this was added to FB and twitter! I hope to see lots of creative homes.
    Thanks @ADWilson and @ciane for supporting this thread and I'm looking forward to seeing the builds 😊😊😊
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,540 Member
    Is there any kind of budget?
    Is there any kind of budget?

no not for this challenge but in the future i might
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 7,887 Member
    Hey hey, may have to jump into this one! Super wonderful idea! I have thrown it some love hear and there! <3
    I just want to remind everyone that there's one week left to complete your builds
    Thanks for the reminder!
    Am about halfway done with coloring ... so MUCH left to do LOL ... then testing this, that and the other.
    Confident that I'll finish in time to meet the deadline.
    I better get moving on mine then... :o
    I got a few hours in. It seems to be building it self.. So I have the beginnings of a Ranch on the beach in Sunset Valley..

94779505_2691249894428418_2538136869468635136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=qX0hcF8dHk0AX_ThnZ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-6.fna&oh=4ea5b3b75320d3bc89d90c0017f5b9f6&oe=5EC86D3A

94796309_2691250161095058_261852048524312576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=GKdt1uCKADsAX9AKd74&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-3.fna&oh=1692345e64be6843ab60428980450411&oe=5EC7C5E4

94707039_2691250301095044_4154956700794748928_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=-N1kUI-wsnIAX_apRXk&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-2.fna&oh=2db9271dfa235aa9cabaf916c5cdf90f&oe=5EC77A69

Your build looking great Diane
    It looks good @Pinkusfamily :)
    Nice colors and I've always enjoyed brickwork mixed with wood.
    I'm building in Riverview and this is the direction I've taken.

Picture taken early on (before backyard coloring commenced, lol)
    wip2.jpg
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,613 Member
    @Pinkusfamily and @ADWilson Your houses are looking great. I can't wait to see the inside.

I forgot about this but maybe I can get one done in time.
    edited April 25
    I hope you can @kgaff may I ask everyone something did I give
    everyone enough time to complete there builds because I thought having two weeks for lots 30x30 or bigger and one week for lots 30x30 or smaller would be enough time but if everyone would like a month for there builds the next challenge I can do that
    @ADWilson your house looks Great !!

With building so much in Sims 4- I totally forgot about the driveway..

Still working on it.. Even tho I forgot the driveway, I am Not adding one..Maybe I will break down & add one, I will have to see if there is room..I am Enjoying this, and have a family in mind for this house too..
    Just in fyi @Pinkusfamily you can put the shell on a bigger lot if you want to
    @seaben , Thanks,
    Good to know, but I like that it is right off the water, so it is staying, I will figure something out...
    seaben wrote: »
    may I ask everyone something did I give everyone enough time to complete there builds because I thought having two weeks for lots 30x30 or bigger and one week for lots 30x30 or smaller would be enough time but if everyone would like a month for there builds the next challenge I can do that

I prefer to have more time because it usually takes me a couple of days to come up with a design idea ... if I get inspired. It might not take me a month to do a build from start to finish but at times, it has. There have been just-for-fun build challenges that last a week or two and I don't join them. That's just me. If the majority of people prefer shorter build times then please go with that time frame.
    I would like more time.

Between doing the Build n Share, real life and now we are in severe weather season (we get huge thunderstorms where we disconnect most of our electronics) two weeks go by much too fast. :)

I agree with Adwilson that it does take a few days to come up with an idea and then it takes a while to do a good job of recoloring and rearranging everything. Then there is pictures, uploading pictures somewhere and then posting here, phew, that's a lot of work.

I think a month would be fine no matter what the size.

Now I'm off to get started on this one :)
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,403 Member
    Your builds are both looking good, and I do hope you get time to squeeze this one in @Kgaff. I was avoiding this thread when I saw pics in it as I haven't finished yet, but now I've finished the house and its furnishings. I just have to do all the CASting and play testing and tweaking. I like how we all picked different entrances and styles.

I have the house built and mostly furnished, I still need to do the baths and some wall coverings. I think I might finish on time. I wasn't feeling well today so didn't get anything done but I will get in gear tomorrow and get it done. :)
    Get better soon @kgaff