Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Superhero Pack?? I am hopeful for a NEW life state

Comments

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Definitely not interested either.
  • evelewisevelewis Posts: 17 Member
    I just can't see this being entertaining long-term, and would provide very little enjoyment compared to the amount of work necessary to make it happen. Like maybe you play through once or twice, but after that it seems extremely limited in it's scope of gameplay to me.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    I would love a Superhero pack to incorporate representation of differently abled Simmers into the game. Especially with how popular both DC and Marvel games have been in the media, it could help bring in new Simmers into the community.
    https://www.phactual.com/13-superheroes-with-disabilities/

It would help if they brought in with it a patch for police and robbers too and the child interaction to play cops and robbers and superhero. I really hope they have children have super powers too and a way to train them to hone their superpower abilities.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    > @Scobre said:
    > I would love a Superhero pack to incorporate representation of differently abled Simmers into the game. Especially with how popular both DC and Marvel games have been in the media, it could help bring in new Simmers into the community.
    > https://www.phactual.com/13-superheroes-with-disabilities/
    >
    > It would help if they brought in with it a patch for police and robbers too and the child interaction to play cops and robbers and superhero. I really hope they have children have super powers too and a way to train them to hone their superpower abilities.

that i would find funny... with training the kids in being super heros and honing their skills... i also would love super heros who dont have some extra special power... but who just trained a lot.... and gotten really good at it... and use lots of fighting skills...
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited May 2020
    If there is new life state (occult), it could be as Mutants / Evolved Sims like X-Men or My Hero Academia anime.

If there is new life state (occult), it could be as Mutants / Evolved Sims like X-Men or My Hero Academia anime.

this is in interesting really cool idea, and would work funny with the genetics random play you already can do a little off, and they also did some of with cats and dogs... which isnt to think i find mutated people to be animals... i just think they might already have some of the codes for it, making it possible... and they could mutate more and more with skills/perks/tricks they gain like with vampires or witches or fame...
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I'm also a huge X-Men fan and would LOVE a Superhero pack. Especially because a Super pack would mean bringing crime into the game. Adversaries and nemesis to fight. Maybe even NPC police.

A long time ago, I had an idea to cross the Apocalypse with Superheroes. The apocalyptic times were the cause of mutation powers and crime. The idea is buried here if you want to read it: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/925185/enhanced-humans-and-simpocalypse-pack
    #Team Occult
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm also a huge X-Men fan and would LOVE a Superhero pack. Especially because a Super pack would mean bringing crime into the game. Adversaries and nemesis to fight. Maybe even NPC police.

A long time ago, I had an idea to cross the Apocalypse with Superheroes. The apocalyptic times were the cause of mutation powers and crime. The idea is buried here if you want to read it: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/925185/enhanced-humans-and-simpocalypse-pack

well they could sort of work off from the new polluation system with that, but that would mean you would again be required to have another pack for one to work... i do agree that it would work with the apocalyptic times, but as we now get polluation i am not sure they will add another form for apocalyptic destroyed fuction of a world.... i could also see it being worked out from this new pack, so that might be one form of mutation if you have that pack, but you could still get other mutations if you didnt... does that make sense? it would go well together again... you could maybe also get a form if you had strangerville...
    the nemesis and antagonists and NPC police would be nice...
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would love to do Hero Academia along with Villain Deku with a suorehero pack.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    To be honest, I am kind of sick and tired of superheroes, so I don't really want them in TS4. I am probably in the minority though as they are obviously very popular. I would like crime/burglars and police back though.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Gotham vs Metropolis.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    That would be the first pack I wouldn't buy. I can tolerate other occults, but superheroes is just too much.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited May 2020
    I had downloaded a mod that added them to the game, mainly because at the time, I'd made a Sim that was based on Wonder Woman. Found the function to be more of a headache, and deleted it. And given EA, given how it affects the whole game, whether your Sim is considered a superhero or not, they would likely implement this feature just like the mod.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I’m a huge Marvel fan but personally can’t visualize it happening in Sims 4. It would probably use elements from the Detective career to go to problem lots, do something like the extremely overused “Analyze samples/evidence” action, and recycle RoM animations. I don’t have Vampires, but just learned today that the way you cure vampires is by throwing a drink in their face. I wouldn’t want it to just be a bunch of random stuff like that.

For superhero gameplay I’ll stick with actual superhero games, just as I wouldn’t expect to cook meals in GTA.

I think they can still add superheros to TS4. Just copy all the fairy animations and powers from TS3 and give them to the superhero/supervillain occult state.

@ClarionOfJoy I adore the build in your sig - is this on the gallery?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

well they could sort of work off from the new polluation system with that, but that would mean you would again be required to have another pack for one to work... i do agree that it would work with the apocalyptic times, but as we now get polluation i am not sure they will add another form for apocalyptic destroyed fuction of a world.... i could also see it being worked out from this new pack, so that might be one form of mutation if you have that pack, but you could still get other mutations if you didnt... does that make sense? it would go well together again... you could maybe also get a form if you had strangerville...
    the nemesis and antagonists and NPC police would be nice...

Yeah, a lot of that world concept I had seems to be covered more or less in this pack. It's too bad we're not getting some mutant eco activists, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't think I'd care much for Superheroes. Superheroes have storylines - like you saving the town in Strangerville? That didn't go down too great.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    I don't think I'd care much for Superheroes. Superheroes have storylines - like you saving the town in Strangerville? That didn't go down too great.
    I was thinking a superhero career with option to do more active tasks like the work from home jobs of City Living.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited May 2020
    @Scobre wrote: »
    I was thinking a superhero career with option to do more active tasks like the work from home jobs of City Living.

Evil Secret Agent already fights Super Llama (EP06 chance card).

Mutant sims should be like the spellcasters with Hero/Villain powers.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I’m a huge Marvel fan but personally can’t visualize it happening in Sims 4. It would probably use elements from the Detective career to go to problem lots, do something like the extremely overused “Analyze samples/evidence” action, and recycle RoM animations. I don’t have Vampires, but just learned today that the way you cure vampires is by throwing a drink in their face. I wouldn’t want it to just be a bunch of random stuff like that.

For superhero gameplay I’ll stick with actual superhero games, just as I wouldn’t expect to cook meals in GTA.

I think they can still add superheros to TS4. Just copy all the fairy animations and powers from TS3 and give them to the superhero/supervillain occult state.

@ClarionOfJoy I adore the build in your sig - is this on the gallery?

Um....well.... That's actually Paralives! :#

@Scobre wrote: »

Evil Secret Agent already fights Super Llama (EP06 chance card).

Mutant sims should be like the spellcasters with Hero/Villain powers.
    Oh that would be cool to have a superhero book. I love that idea.
    edited May 2020
    The "quirk" could be a random trait, a power to learn to control.

This power is neutral , it can be used for good or bad actions.
  • CheetahAlyssaCheetahAlyssa Posts: 345 Member
    I personally would LOVE a superhero pack, especially since the gameplay I do usually involves Marvel characters. However, I feel like it is pretty unlikely that we will get them considering how much different that type of gameplay would be.
    A Part Of The Journey Is The End
    original.gif
  • gabriel gsl9gabriel gsl9 Posts: 24 Member
    I want a superhero expansion pack, imagine if we could choose a power just like enhanced strenght, super speed, telekinesis and fire blasts, they could also add a combat system with supervillains. We would choose the origins of the powers at create a sim, we could deactivate villain things at the city if we want to play a normal game, occult sims would be improved (a new rank system to occults and normal superheroes) and would get especific combat powers. A new town with a floating city (hey sky high) where superheroes live. We could also make suppervillains and their covil. Imagine a supervampire atack on the city? Imagine a crazy scientist manipulating minds and we using a new combat skill and the upgrade of the power ranks to battle and save the city? Cops and burglars would come together with the EP. I can imagine my telekinetic sim upgrading his skills: at the beggining he just make stuff float and have a single atack (throw stones at the villains), with hability developening he could throw sims away just like spellcasters in combat. Imagine a HP skill of the villains and a system to recover the health bar of the sims :open_mouth:
  • gabriel gsl9gabriel gsl9 Posts: 24 Member
    I want a superhero expansion pack, imagine if we could choose a power just like enhanced strenght, super speed, telekinesis and fire blasts, they could also add a combat system with supervillains. We would choose the origins of the powers at create a sim, we could deactivate villain things at the city if we want to play a normal game, occult sims would be improved (a new rank system to occults and normal superheroes) and would get especific combat powers. A new town with a floating city (hey sky high) where superheroes live. We could also make suppervillains and their covil. Imagine a supervampire atack on the city? Imagine a crazy scientist manipulating minds and we using a new combat skill and the upgrade of the power ranks to battle and save the city? Cops and burglars would come together with the EP. I can imagine my telekinetic sim upgrading his skills: at the beggining he just make stuff float and have a single atack (throw stones at the villains), with hability developening he could throw sims away just like spellcasters in combat. Imagine a HP skill of the villains and a system to recover the health bar of the sims :open_mouth: