Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Superhero Pack?? I am hopeful for a NEW life state

Soooooo just base on hope a hunch I'm thinking one of the unexpected things to come is Superheroes. Sometimes Maxis drops hints with their faces. For Instance, they favored a lot on dorm based builds on the Gallery, as well as college bound households. One of the faves for last year was a misspelled, but popular "Superheros" household that has 20k downloads. I really wouldn't know how it would work in game but it seems like people would buy it. What do yall think? How could they incorporate it into gameplay well? Inherited powers are kinda a thing already with hybrids...

Comments

• SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    Superheroes have a very, well, over the top kind of thing that's hard to add to TS4. Making Superhero gameplay would mean a TON of new animations on top of a lot of interactions and gameplay mechanics that are almost completely new to the game.

The closest thing we've got is TS3's Movie stuff and even then there was absolutely no Superhero gameplay in that pack.

I very much doubt that EAxis is even able to pull Superheroes off in TS4.
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Thinking back wasn't there a survey with Superheroes from a few years ago? University, pets, cars,and other packs that have come out
  • Satell8iteSatell8ite Posts: 36 Member
    They should've done this during the Supernatural EP in Sims 3 rather than overloading it with a bunch of lifestates. Would've been cool to have FBI careers, dealing with supervillains who had human-enchanching features and such.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I feel extremely weird about it as I'm not into super heroes at all. Just seems super awkward for this type of games. Plus there is practically no crime, no burgerlers everything is la la happy land where no one stops smiling sooooooo.... what would the superheros protect sims against? Now if they were to throw zombies in there I would reconsider 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I feel extremely weird about it as I'm not into super heroes at all. Just seems super awkward for this type of games. Plus there is practically no crime, no burgerlers everything is la la happy land where no one stops smiling sooooooo.... what would the superheros protect sims against? Now if they were to throw zombies in there I would reconsider 😅

I agree even though I love marvel and all that but I agree that it Just wouldn’t make sense because Th there’s no crime. Now If they added that into it then I think it would be interesting.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Not into it.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited April 2020
    I mean Sims cant even drive a car how can a superhero fly?
    I can see it as a career maybe off screen but not as a life state. There isn't even any crime in the game (no burgulars)
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Superheroes have a very, well, over the top kind of thing that's hard to add to TS4. Making Superhero gameplay would mean a TON of new animations on top of a lot of interactions and gameplay mechanics that are almost completely new to the game.

The closest thing we've got is TS3's Movie stuff and even then there was absolutely no Superhero gameplay in that pack.

EA themselves think it’s something they can pull it off. Otherwise they wouldn’t put it on a survey as a potential game pack theme, and another time as a potential expansion pack theme.
    Heroes & Villains:
    Secret identities, super powers, and spandex combine to create Super Sims! Fight crime, change the world around you with telekinetic powers, or manipulate your friends and enemies with mind control.
    Power Up:
    Turn your sims into superheroes! Use powers like mind reading, telekinesis, and teleportation. Learn new powers at the Super Hero Academy and use them to make the world a better place or terrorise the population.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • AndreManoelAndreManoel Posts: 33 Member
    Not my favorite idea, but who knows... it could work
  • AndreManoelAndreManoel Posts: 33 Member
    How could it work? A new life state or a "job"? Could a vampire become a superhero? Or a super rich human... There are a lot of possibilities for this
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Not into it. If it doesn't come with build and buy stuff I like, I certainly won't buy it.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited April 2020
    Satell8ite wrote: »
    They should've done this during the Supernatural EP in Sims 3 rather than overloading it with a bunch of lifestates. Would've been cool to have FBI careers, dealing with supervillains who had human-enchanching features and such.

You can use a fairy from TS3's Supernatural to play as a superhero or supervillain since they hover over the ground and have powers such as lighting people on fire. They can also fly around in a lot. There are mods to make their wings invisible or change their look, more edgy for superheroes/supervillains. The jetpack from Into the Future EP can be modded to be invisible too so that they can fly (teleport actually) longer distances. For costumes, the fashions from the movie stuff pack and Showtime are pretty great. Edited to add that the Katy Perry Stuff Pack actually comes in handy in this case too for the really tacky and over the top hero costumes, lol!

This is why it would great if they brought back fairies to TS4. I really loved them in Supernatural, because you can make them into angels, demons and of course, superheroes!

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
  • SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

EA themselves think it’s something they can pull it off. Otherwise, they wouldn’t put it on a survey as a potential game pack theme, and another time as a potential expansion pack theme.
    Heroes & Villains:
    Secret identities, superpowers, and spandex combine to create Super Sims! Fight crime, change the world around you with telekinetic powers, or manipulate your friends and enemies with mind control.
    Power Up:
    Turn your sims into superheroes! Use powers like mind reading, telekinesis, and teleportation. Learn new powers at the Super Hero Academy and use them to make the world a better place or terrorize the population.

Mind control already exists in Vampires GP. And the animation could be reused for mind reading.
    Teleportation already exists as a debug base game feature, all they need to do is to make the poofing out effect.

Basically, if they give us a Superheroes pack it'd be a collection of all of the OP mechanics we already have in TS4 but with new paint of aesthetic. Not anything particularly new or fun.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

Thank God for that because this is on my least favorite list. I wouldn’t be surprised if they tried though.
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited April 2020
    I don't normally support these type of packs but as a big Marvel fan I'd definitely want to try a pack like this. It could could reintroduce burglars and add other crime types, perhaps finally giving us back NPC police. Maybe instead of superheroes being the main theme, it could be a 'crime and punishment' pack with a Superhero lifestate included.

There are so many other things that need to be added to the game first though.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,123 Member
    DC Justice League, Marvel Avengers, X-Men, oh my.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Sounds interesting...but the game needs to add some actual crime and actual evil sims in which to do evil things! The evil trait right now is no different from the mean trait, and I dont want a supervillains most evil deed of the day being cackling when someone stubs their toe. I want them to take over the world, set sims' houses on fires, unleash that Mother plant! Anything that is actually evil! Otherwise, superhero sims will have nothing to do. On that note being able to play as a supervillain should be a given.
  • lornalexlovelornalexlove Posts: 106 Member
    Yeah I am a huge comic book fan, so I want this. I assume they would add crimes in, maybe give us burglars, among other things.
    happily simming since 2000
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I’m a huge Marvel fan but personally can’t visualize it happening in Sims 4. It would probably use elements from the Detective career to go to problem lots, do something like the extremely overused “Analyze samples/evidence” action, and recycle RoM animations. I don’t have Vampires, but just learned today that the way you cure vampires is by throwing a drink in their face. I wouldn’t want it to just be a bunch of random stuff like that.

For superhero gameplay I’ll stick with actual superhero games, just as I wouldn’t expect to cook meals in GTA.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I’m a huge Marvel fan but personally can’t visualize it happening in Sims 4. It would probably use elements from the Detective career to go to problem lots, do something like the extremely overused “Analyze samples/evidence” action, and recycle RoM animations. I don’t have Vampires, but just learned today that the way you cure vampires is by throwing a drink in their face. I wouldn’t want it to just be a bunch of random stuff like that.

For superhero gameplay I’ll stick with actual superhero games, just as I wouldn’t expect to cook meals in GTA.

I think they can still add superheros to TS4. Just copy all the fairy animations and powers from TS3 and give them to the superhero/supervillain occult state.

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    If your sim reaches level 10 of the law enforcement career in TS2, they become Captain Hero, and instead of taking a carpool, they fly off. That's one of the few cases when you shouldn't assign a car to your sim, because otherwise they'll always take a car to work. :D I thought it was cool, even if it's just one animation and your sim otherwise doesn't get any special powers in their everyday life.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    I'd be interested in it if it wasn't just Psychic Powers, like super speed, or super strength, or even being Astronomically Intelligent (and possibly adding Anthromorphs to the game, and not as a costume), as well as an expansion on the Exo-Mech Item's from DU, especially if it was done in a Quantum Power Suit Way (Really regret getting into the sims really late).
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Not my most wanted lifestate to be honest (werewolves and fairies are) but I think I could make them work in one of my saves... Maybe
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    I can never understand why dosen't Ea make two Sims games.One that is an online spin-off? The other a more traditional game single player experience
  • simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    Not interested.