Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did the sims 4 do better than previous games ?

NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
This is going too be a positive thread about the sims 4, Theres alot of things I thought the sims 4 done better too the previous, I will start with restaurants, Dine out is got to be one of my favourite game packs, wouldn't play the sims 4 without it, you can create any type of restaurant you like, own one and eat out and it's not a rabbit hole, in my opinion the sims 4 won the best restaurants out of the rest

edit: If your a player that just joined us at the sims 4, feel free too comment what you like about the game
Post edited by Nikkih on

Comments

• Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I would say the calendar, the group system, all other perks systems (vampires, spell casters, celebrities) & parenthood for the character values.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    The calendar is definitely the best and being able too decide on holidays and events etc, definitely vampires, witches and celebrities are better than ever, I think create a sim, hairstyles, clothes and how sims look, the sims 4 won this one too
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    edited April 2020
    There are many that I can think of, but I'll just stick to my favorite. I like the Sims themselves in TS4 better than the Sims in TS2 and TS3. I haven't played TS1.
  • Options
    The sims in the sims 4 are definitely easier to look after, its takes a long time for sims too die because of their needs the sims in previous died too easily, multi tasking, I like that my sim can drink, eat and talk at the same time, This is my personal opinion but i love the fact we cant control cats and dogs, this time around, I like that they have a mind of their own like real life and you have to figure out what's wrong with them, I also love that we have a vet and it can also be your sims career
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    aliens because you can make them in cas
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    I love aliens in the sims 4, I also like that being abducted is harder to happen because when it happens your omg yes 😂
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2020
    Holidays, Vampires and TODDLERS!
    I really like how they gave toddlers and children their own skill sets.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Holidays and vampires are better than ever, Toddlers are funny full of chaos, they are cute and brilliant 😂, I like that from teens too elders they have the same clothing and hair options, I found in the previous games that teen and elders didn't get alot of clothes, theirs plenty of jumpers, tops, plain jeans& trousers, long shorts and skirts for elders too wear
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited April 2020
    CAS tool is amazing. Clothes stretches so pregnant sims can wear whathever they want and they are not restricted to ugly pregnancy fashion. Teens are the same height as adults so they have plenty of clothing options!

I am a fan of not open world. Unpopular opinion, I know. I love how when you visit a park for example the whole place is crowded. In TS3 I didn't have this. My sim went to a bar and they were the only visitor.

The search tool in B&B mode is freaking amazing. I can't even describe it by words. And building is super easy. The drag system! Just great!
    Tho whole Get Together pack is awesome. I love clubs so much. It is a must for me. I couldn't play without it anymore.
    Discover University. Also a great pack with the most beautiful town and absolutely gorgeous CAS. I loved University in TS3 but this is a whole new level.
    Spa Day. I love yoga, I love meditating, I love the incese stick, I love B&B. I love everything about it.
    Movie Night. I love everything about it as well. I love the art style. It is colorfull and simply flawless.

I love that our sims can be whatever gender they want. Or no gender at all. I very much appreciate that.
    It is also amazing that men can take paternity leave! And that sims can take many of them and that they can have PTO. Seriously. In my country the maternity leave is 6-8 weeks and then you take 2-4 years off and it is called (lit.) parenthood vacation. Funny. This all is paid! We are also guaranteed to have at least 20 days of paid vacation per year. I know this all is not standard in other countries so I am happy that we have such options in this game.

Toddlers. I think I don't have to add anything.

Thanks, The Sims team. I appreciate you one and all! <3
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    I prefer the sims 4 university too the rest, I like that you're sims arent just stuck in the university world, your sims can live anywhere and be at uni, it makes this expansion much more replayable, I think the customized gender options are great, it let's every player express themselves, After all the world isnt black and white, its colourful and I love it that way, would be boring if everyone was exactly the same, everyone is the same but different, Get together is one of my favourites and parenthood is a solid pack
  • Options
    OwaSimOwaSim Posts: 2 New Member
    Questions. Sorry EA wont let me make a topic.

If a player add unplayable households to a home in the world, do they operate like normal npc households? Will you be able to run into them like you would any other npc when you go out to the club for example?

Do retail stores you dont own naturally restock? I bought a suit from a clothing store and the mannequin just has this sold out sign. I'm assuming after a while a new outfit will be available in this npc clothing store, right?

As for the topic, sims 4 is missing a lot that it should have had already but they did good with world design,holidays and calendar. I hope sims 5 is better, hopefully open world, cops, robbers, fire department, etc., but there are a couple things that at least make sims 4 playable.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Yes they do, you will see them sometimes walking around your world, yes the items will restock also, once you leave the lot then if you go there again it will reappear again and you never know the sims 4 isnt over yet, they could still add alot of those things such as burglars etc the only thing you said that would be impossible to come to the sims 4 is open world 😊@OwaSim
  • Options
    StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2020
    I can't really say anything. CAS I guess but even then that's limited compared to the Sims 3. I like the Sims 4 but for me there are not enough customisation options. The emotions were interesting at the start but are pretty much redundant now, they basically have no purpose at all since they took out the desired emotion requirement out of the career system. Build mode is frustrating too, especially when building a landing, I miss being able to just place a floor tile on the grid when building an upper floor instead of having to use a deck. It's not my favourite game in the series. Hopefully 5 find the right balance otherwise I'm out.