Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Urgent!! Help!! Married sim is now a sibling to her wife!

SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
Hello! My Sim, Hope, a spellcaster, is married to Rose, a vampire. I got on today and it says that Hope is Rose's sister through Hope's late dad. Her dad seems to have no memory of Kiara, Hope's mom. I then played as him and it said Rose is his niece. So I forced Hope and Rose to get married through MCCC Cheats but it now says they are married AND they are siblings! Help me out please!

EDIT: I removed all of my mods. I believe it's an EA error but I still need to delete localthumbcache
EDIT 2: I deleted localthumbcache and it's still there..I feel like deleting the save all together even though I put in so much effort into this one :(

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    You can try the cheat: cas.fulleditmode in your current saved game and see if it lets you change the relationship in CAS.

You could also try saving your Sims to your library, then from the library, see if you can edit them in CAS to change their relationship to just married. You might even be able to just cancel all relationships in CAS, put them back in the game, and marry them again.

#Team Occult
  • Options
    I already tried editing them in cas with cas.fulleditmode, it didn't work, it the UI looked weird where you change the relationships. There was no option to change back to wife. I was only able to change them back with MCCC but now they are married AND they are siblings :(
  • Options
    Perhaps deleting the relationship and marrying them again could work?
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Samlish wrote: »
    Perhaps deleting the relationship and marrying them again could work?

Yeah, you might have to try that. Sorry the editing didn't work. Does MCC not have a way to remove the sibling relationship?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    This reminds me on an old and almost forgotten song, which I have heard many years ago. Thank you for brighten my day. :)

[url="http://"]https://youtu.be/rXU-ZdmzNmo[/url]
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Heh, I would leave something like be. But that's me ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Sorry for the delayed response everyone! I'll try it. Thank you!
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Here's what I do when I want to change a sim's relationship. I go into MCC on the sim and delete the relationship with the sibling/spouse then using MCC make them spouses again.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    So The family tree and CAS looks a bit weird, but I have no issues in-game, and I created a sim detail log (MCCC) on one of the wives, Rose, and it says nothing about being siblings with her wife Hope.
  • Options
    Also I deleted their relationship, bug is still there after adding back some things like "Engaged, soulmate" (came with a mod, but "knows is vampire"). I think I'll roll back my save to before I deleted their relationship and I'll just stick with the bug for now, it's only in cas anyway :P I'll do additonal testing to see if the bug is there when I clear ALL relationships, won't save it though
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    So CAS also still looks wonky even when I delete all relationships for Hope. It still shows only "wife" or "sibling" Not both in CAS. I think I'll just live with it for now since it's a CAS only issue (for now at least.) Hope it's solved soon! Very frustrating! Thanks for the help everyone :)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Also Hope's parent's forgot eachother and I can't change their relationship via MCCC. Is this normal?

Edit: they are ghosts by the way, also sorry for a bunch of comments haha
  • Options
    So my late spouses and ones that are still here forgot all of their spouses, soo I think I'll just move the save onto a USB stick for now :/
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    I found your posting while searching for my issue. I think you have the similar to mine as I'm looking for how to set my 2 sims into siblings. I tried almost everything but the bug is still present. But for the married couple, make them as household member in CAS, then start the relationship again, and that worked for me long time ago.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    B) Papa was a rollin' stone...
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!